Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Website banner. Opinions?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:11 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've been working on a banner for a little while, and I'd appreciate some critique on what I could do to improve it. It's only a basic thing, I'm not particularly creative - so anyone willing to give me a few tips would be great!

I'm aware the text looks a bit bland and boring - what could I do to improve this?

Post subject: Re: Website banner. Opinions?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, if you wanted to fix the text, I would try something that's a little less jarring than green. I also don't think serif fonts are the best choice for this banner--my suggestion is to use something simple like Helvetica, Arial, or Century Gothic at a large size and to make it pop by setting the color to white (or gray or off-white). Then just playing around with the opacity and drop shadows could make the banner look better. If you really want the text to be green, then you should try out a few other different shades and take out the texture overlay.

My other recomendation is to distribute the colors in the background images a bit better. Since the rightmost part of the banner lacks the bright color of the left side, the banner feels unbalanced. If you moved the images around so that you have a bit of color on both sides of the banner, it would look much better.

Hope my suggestions help! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:37 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Thanks for the tips. Would moving Gordan to the middle help at all, do you reckon? I just of just threw him in there, without really thinking about where he should be placed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
It depends on where you want the viewer to focus I think. WIS is am amazing graphician here so maybe also PM him for some pointers.

About centering the image... it depends where you throw in the text as it changes the entire balance. I think you're doing a really good thing though by throwing yourself in there and trying things out. It's a creative thing so don't intellectualize it too much and don't be afraid to make mistakes. :)

The font colour needs to be changed though I think.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:08 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yeah. I'm an absolutely abysmal graphics artist - I'm not too bad at editing existing photographs... But when it comes down to graphics design and such, I must admit I'm lacking in talent.

I'll have a look at the font colour and style - and see what I can do to improve it. I'll update this once I'm done.

Updated the image. Criticism now?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think it looks better now with Gordon as the focal point, but the OMG!! should be placed so that it doesn't cover up the character that's behind it right now. Otherwise, I think it looks better than before.
littleboy6326 wrote:
Yeah. I'm an absolutely abysmal graphics artist - I'm not too bad at editing existing photographs... But when it comes down to graphics design and such, I must admit I'm lacking in talent.

Don't be so hard on yourself! With a lot of experimenting and practicing, everyone can get better at graphic designing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:11 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Okay, I've moved it slightly to the left so now you can see the character behind it.

Is there anything I can tweak to make the header more professional?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:41 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I think the PC Games part blends with the background just that little too much and the two exclamation marks kind of cover up the face of the robot but otherwise I think it is great.

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]