Display your creative spirit here in the Pink Poogle Toy Gallery. It can be art... it can be music... it can be a poem (even haiku)... but most of it... it must be you.
Topic locked

A parrot.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:09 am

And just got a new tablet and decided to test it out. I'm still getting used to it and figuring out how I can make Photoshop do cool things. Anyway, here's a parrot that I had to colour twice because the first time was just terrible.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:51 am

Awww, its very cute.

And congrats on the new tablet, I've had mine for 6 months and my art has improved so much over that time, so its a very worthwhile investment. :D

And fiddling with Photoshop is always fun! Don't forget to make sure the brush settings are pressure sensitive, it makes life so much easier. :P

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:02 am

ria wrote:And fiddling with Photoshop is always fun! Don't forget to make sure the brush settings are pressure sensitive, it makes life so much easier. :P

Pressure sensitive brushes make my life so much better.
Last edited by SpiraLethe on Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:58 pm

Congratulations on the new tablet! Your picture is gorgeous! The shading is fantastic (not that I know much about art, but it looks great to me). I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:06 pm

Not to threadjack but... What tablet did you get? And do you have any recommendations for a beginner's tablet?

Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:55 pm

Sandmaster wrote:Not to threadjack but... What tablet did you get? And do you have any recommendations for a beginner's tablet?

I have a 6x8 Intuos 3 made by Wacom. I know a couple of other people who have tablets and they both own Wacoms.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:02 pm

That is amazing.

...people like you make me sad that I have no drawing skills.
Last edited by pipsqueeek on Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:56 pm

SpiraLethe wrote:
Sandmaster wrote:Not to threadjack but... What tablet did you get? And do you have any recommendations for a beginner's tablet?

I have a 6x8 Intuos 3 made by Wacom. I know a couple of other people who have tablets and they both own Wacoms.

Woah, yours is basically the same as mine! (Is 6x8 roughly the same as A4? :P )

But yeah, Wacoms are supposed to be the best. :D

Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:50 pm

That's incredible! I love the pose, I love the colours, I love the shading! :D

I had a Wacom and it was totally rubbish. It was very cheap though so I can understand why. I'm perfectly happy using my mouse though ^^

Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:48 pm

Wow, that's awesome. Tablet work always looks better. I NEEDZ one.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:26 pm

How cute! Parrot! :3
Topic locked