Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pirate Ixi
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:18 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

MIND THE LARGE IMAGE

I did this sketch when I noticed that the male leads in plots were usually Lupes, and the female leads were usually Aishas. So to balance things a bit I drew a pirate Ixi to rival Scarblade. I'm thinking about calling the character Capt. Ironhoof, but that's somehow not quite fearsome enough. Any suggestions?

Oh, everyone thinks I'm crazy, just 'cause I try to warn people about the face-sucking aliens headed for Earth. Yeah, laugh now, have your face sucked off later. When the aliens come, I'll be the only one left with a face, and I'll be using that face to laugh at all of you, even though I'll be sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I really like him! I love how you did the wooden leg, very creative. And he looks all cool and grizzled. Very good job!

my first original set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow, cool! I love the pic!

"I am a sly cat, I am a summer wind, I am birds in flight, I am the sun, I am the sea, I am me!"

Neo account: ginger23456

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Very cool and very scary. Me likey.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:49 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I like it :D It would be nice to see his other arm, maybe with a cutlass or some other piratey weapon :) His pegleg does look really good too.

As for a name, I can't think of anything scarier to call him than Captain Scragglebeard (kind of like Bluebeard). Yes, I know the name Captain Scragglebeard won't instill fear into the heart of Neopians, but I think it suits him :)

And in case anyone needs to know Scraggle comes from Scraggly, which means unkept, or lacking neatness or order ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:53 am 

Location: *places paper bag over head* I am not home at the moment, please leave your message after the tone.
Wow, the hooves are drawn VERY well.

*just sits and stares at the hooves for a bit*

It's really nifty :P

For the name, I think the eyes are quite, fiercesome? Perhaps something to do with his gleaming eyes? It'ld be really cool if they were like, emerald green X'D

Thanks for voting! :D Oxtails came 1st Species, and 7th overall (just 7 votes below 6th!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:07 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

jade wrote:
I like it :D It would be nice to see his other arm, maybe with a cutlass or some other piratey weapon :) His pegleg does look really good too.

As for a name, I can't think of anything scarier to call him than Captain Scragglebeard (kind of like Bluebeard). Yes, I know the name Captain Scragglebeard won't instill fear into the heart of Neopians, but I think it suits him :)

And in case anyone needs to know Scraggle comes from Scraggly, which means unkept, or lacking neatness or order ;)

I'm working on a more interesting pose and setting for him so I can enter it in the Art Gallery; rest assured weapons will be involved. :D

And Capt. Scragglebeard is an interesting suggestion, but it sounds more like the kind of name you give to a pleasant doddering old retired pirate.
And I already know what scraggly means. :)

JellyMud wrote:
For the name, I think the eyes are quite, fiercesome? Perhaps something to do with his gleaming eyes? It'ld be really cool if they were like, emerald green X'D

I hadn't really considered what he would look like in colour, so that is certainly something to consider! All I know is that his eyes are differently coloured, since he's gotten a cut over the left one.

Incidentally, I found a very similar pirate ixi character from the Curse of Maraqua plot. I only modified my design for a wooden leg slightly to look more like that one. Perhaps there's a backstory for him about being with Capt. Scarblade's crew?

ImageImage

Oh, everyone thinks I'm crazy, just 'cause I try to warn people about the face-sucking aliens headed for Earth. Yeah, laugh now, have your face sucked off later. When the aliens come, I'll be the only one left with a face, and I'll be using that face to laugh at all of you, even though I'll be sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:00 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

*gawk* that is amazing. *pushes you toward the Neopets art recruiting dept*

Thanks to all those who voted for ethuiladdie!
Cingular users: Try Neopets on your cellphone! CLICK HERE
I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]