Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dec./3rd Issue of my comic "LOL!" is complete!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

So my school's got a FANTASTIC school newspaper, especially this year since we've got dedicated editors and a great staff. From scheduals to articles to a sports collumn to editor's notes, we have everything, including this comic I make... every newspaper needs a comic! Since we've got this award-winning newspaper, I put a lot of effort into my comics so they look nice... I dont want to degrade the quality of or school newspaper!

So every month I'll have a new comic come out, somewhat based on the happenings at my school or the community, or generally whats going on around us.... I thought I'd share it with you :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW DECEMBER ISSUE! WHOO!!!

Well, theres not a lot going on at my school in december, since half of december is spent at home during christmas break... but pretty much every club in the school has a secret santa... i myself am involved with 8 secret santas this year! At my caroling group, they wanted to have a secret santa, so one day i brought in my santa hat with only MY name written on the slips inside... they eventually figured out that i pranked them, but it was fun while it lasted... so i wrote a comic about it!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/TheWonderWeezel/DecComicUpload.gif

I'm not super excited about how this one turned out... the idea gets across. The art is okay in general.... ive had better comics... like the october one, that was a LOT better. Oh well. Ill have to see what i can do next month!

PAST COMICS!!

OCTOBER ISSUE:
: Allright folks, here's #2 of my comic, titled "LOL!" for my school's newspaper, this time, somewhat promoting, or at least mentioning the school play, Oedipus the King. If you dont know the story of Oedipus.... hes a king of a land called thebes, and it turns out that he killed his dad without knowing it, and he did some dirty things with his mother, and thus she gave birth to his sisters.... but he didnt KNOW it was his mother. Yes. Its icky. This comic is meant to be funny more to the people at my school who have been forced to read the book and saw the school play than the general public. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL POST: (comic 1) (september comic)

If you cant read it, try this link, its a bit bigger:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/ ... oaddis.gif
( I made the side white so that the hulk-like figure would appear to leap out of the comic on the newspaper page)

I try to keep the comic funny for ALL age groups, not one specific target, which is hard.... ive got these young uninformed sophomores, stuck-up juniors, and picky seniors, and of course, staff, who arent anything like the kids.... so I try to cater to all of them but its quite difficult, but i think i pulled it off in this comic....

It's funny to the sophomores because I used the right slang words, and they are impressed initially because of this cool comic in the newspaper.... the juniors also like me dropping bombs on the sophomores in this comic. The seniors can totally relate to this comic, and the fact that I totally covered up the junior portion.... its kind of an inside joke that nobody likes the junior class this year at our school, so they all got a giggle out of that :)

I also think I successfully made the comic readable as a comic should be ... the way your eyes wander across the comic are just perfect... left, to right, where you say "oh! its covered up! I better find out why down here on the lower part of the comic" .... you know what i mean :) I'm just really proud of it, so i wanted to show it off.

If you guys have any critiques or anything, I would love to hear from you guys!

EDIT: here's a better picture of that sophomore kid I made.... he turend out pretty funny, so he deserves to be seen larger.

He's supposed to resemble the kids who wear rags, bandana, AND a large white cocked-sideways baseball cap, and those saggy pants with their boxers showing, and their jerseys and huge preppy shoes... but i made him look like a dork with the chubbiness, digital watch, glasses/freckles, and just gave him a silly attitude... i think i portrayed the character I was going for quite well :) I didnt put in TONS of little detail because I knew he'd be 5 times smaller, but he still looks funny :)

Last edited by The Wonder Weezel on Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:24 am, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:07 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
WOW TWW~! Your artwork has really improved. It looks so profesh :)

*blown away*

Congrats on the awsome paper too!

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:29 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

What Yukio said :D The artwork looks great! And you've done a great job with the layout... it's very smooth to read. The Senior-Hulk looks really cool! I likes his shading particularly.

Nyum nyum nyum...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:51 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
Awesome job WW!
Congrats on the cool newspaper gig, I hope it brings you much riches and fame, and the occasional amusing hatemail from the people you choose to mock. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Are you going to show us LOL! number 2? Is there one? Awesome comic d00d :D

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

sir zorg wrote:
Are you going to show us LOL! number 2? Is there one? Awesome comic d00d :D

Hahah! How ironic! I literally JUST finished issue two and came to post it... and here you are looking for it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

haahahahana :roflol: I am seriously lolling right now.

Thats so good, and i love your style :D Its just, cool!

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

New issue out... just finished the december comic! Not my best work.... but at least it's something ALL people can read and maybe get a giggle out of.... not 100% school related this time around.... enjoy! Please leave some comics.... apparently Zorg is my only dedicated reader who leaves notes when i post comics :D And thus, in 10 years, when i am famous at ComicCon, he will be the ONLY autograph i sign there. So thpthphphtphddddd (raspberry noise) :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Baaaah. I absolutely adore your art. It's easily some of my favorite that I've seen in life. :D Keep it up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

you know WW you should really let PI put your comic's up on our 'newpaper' lol

These are so awesome, you really do have a great talent for this! I can so see you having your own series someday in the 'Big Time" papers!

Image~My Neko Set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:08 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'm so glad you made these, I could slap myself upside the head until I lost conciousness.

Awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40

As a long term member, I would expect you to be able to follow the gallery rules.

Quote:
4. Please don't post overly large works. If a piece of art is large (Over 500 pixels wide or 750 pixels tall or over 700kb in size), please make a thumbnail or text link to the larger version. If a piece of writing is long (Over 1500 words), please post an offsite link.

PLEASE. In the future do not post images over 750 pixels in length or 500 pixels wide. This is a courtesy to avoid screen stretching to members who may not be blessed with wide screens, or who may not have monitor resolution that can compensate.

Anyways...

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject: Re: Dec./3rd Issue of my comic "LOL!" is complete!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:35 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The Wonder Weezel wrote:
At my caroling group, they wanted to have a secret santa, so one day i brought in my santa hat with only MY name written on the slips inside... they eventually figured out that i pranked them, but it was fun while it lasted... so i wrote a comic about it!

OMG, that is just the best joke I have ever heard of. WW, you outdo yourself sometimes. And, hey, for the record, about the comic: I LIKE!

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
TWW, I am absolutely amazed at your comics! The artwork is fantastic, and the most recent one was quite humorous. I may borrow that idea for the future, if it would be okay with you. Keep up the fantastic work!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:18 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Woo, you're talented!
I like these alot, especially the dember issue.. good job! :D

Caroline Bélisle aka Caro
willing to know you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]