Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Some critique?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I usually stick to drawing anime eyes, but I wanted to try to draw a realistic eye.

I know that the eye lashes dont exactly look that good, but Im still trying to work on it, and improve.

Any tips or advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yay! Another eye lover! XD

I've always had a thing about drawing eyes. Anyway, the eye looks a perfect shape, but it doesn't really matter if it's not anyway as all eyes have different shapes anyway. As long as they're quite oval, it doesn't matter XD

The eyelashes could perhaps be slightly longer and spread out more. I noticed that most eyelashes tend to have gaps between them rather than being clumped together.

Overall though, it's a very good and realistic drawing of an eye ^^

"I am a sly cat, I am a summer wind, I am birds in flight, I am the sun, I am the sea, I am me!"

Neo account: ginger23456

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:47 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hey, nice eye! Great shading :)

Perhaps another thing that might improve it, would be to add a bit of thickness to the lids, and/or the skin around the eyes. Having a quick look at my eyes ;) there's kinda a ridge where the top lashes attach, where the eyelid goes from curvy to ... more inwards. For the bottom lashes, there's a bit of skin between the lashes and the actual eye (whereas the bottom lashes in your picture are actually on the eye).

Those extra details might help if you wanted it perfectly real looking... but your eye looks great as it is, really, especially if it was part of a larger drawing :)

Nyum nyum nyum...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]