Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Paid Logo/Shirt Design work I just finished and I'm proud of
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:12 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hey, I've made a bunch of T-Shirt Designs in my day... and somebody reccommended me to a mountain biking group who wanted a shirt design! Apparently, theres a big clan of guys in a HUGE race late august, so I made this design for their shirt! I just finished it!

It's a bike chain in the shape of the lake that they are racing around, and the sprocket in the middle represents the one island at that spot in the lake.

(So really, the shape doesnt mean much to you and I, but the hundreds of people in this race know EXACTLY what it looks like.)

I haven't printed out the shirts yet for them, because I finished the logo but need to know what kind of layout they want... so in the end, the shirts will end up looking something like these:

(just a little gallery thing i whipped up for them to show possibilities)

So yeah. Im pretty pumped. Im getting paid $150 bucks because they have sponsors who dont care what kind of money they spend haha!

And incase you wanted to see an example of my other work, this is another T-shirt Design I made for my school's homecoming from LAST year...

During September of last year, Pirates of the Carribean was HUUUUUUUUUGE.
Our school's mascot is THE WOLFPACK, and our colors are black and green.
So I took the pirates of the carribean logo, and made it have a wolf skull, and instead of the red flaming colors, I made it have our school's colors.

Thus, our theme for the week was "Pirates of Homecoming." And it was amazing.

THEN. The hard part, was when there was no available pirates of the carribean font. I had to take a high-res logo from a background, and used the words "Pirates of" to make my OWN letters that said "of Homecoming"... I drew those letters from scratch!

So anyway, that's some of the work I've done.

I'd really appreciate some comments!

Post subject: Re: Paid Logo/Shirt Design work I just finished and I'm proud of
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wow TWW, i'm SERIOUSLY impressed!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

WOW, those are AMAZINGGG!! :o

Hmm...did you do these under Illustrator?
(man, my school didn't let me design our homecoming shirt because I wasn't a cheerleader or a jock....grr.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Zilary wrote:
WOW, those are AMAZINGGG!! :o

Hmm...did you do these under Illustrator?
(man, my school didn't let me design our homecoming shirt because I wasn't a cheerleader or a jock....grr.)

No actually... I used a pen and photoshop!

I really cant give full credit to photoshop, because I worked my butt off when I drew that biker image, as well as that skull and crossbones, and those letters. I drew those all by hand, made them look very clean and well rounded... and only the coloring and layout was done in photoshop. But yeah, I dont even have illustrator. I want it though! I will give credit to photoshop for helping me with the chain links. There was no way I could draw a nice geometric figure like that... so with careful precision I made one chain link, and then angled them around the lake in photoshop... so I couldnt have done the links so easily without photoshop. That lake thing was a pain in the butt! But I got lots of money!

I'm not a cheerleader or a jock either. I was just the guy in charge of homecoming festivities who also happened to be a graphic artist!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I hear you when you talk of how difficult it is to take a logo and change the words yourself. I had to take the Grease logo and change the word to Briggs for our Sports Day. Luckily I have some slight skills in Macromedia Flash and managed to make it look okay through Flash's awesome line curving skill.

I'm also trying to get into Photoshop, and would love if, if I ever do have a project on making something, you could give me some pointers. I'm mainly just using After Effects to rotoscope lightsaber videos, since I'm planning on making my own when my other friends have time. So, overall, awesome job. The biker logo is incredible and just the chain's effect on it when I realised that it wasn't a number 2 and that it was the shape of the lake is incredible.

Awesome job.

set by whhattisthiss. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

i stand in awe of the wonder weazel.
:o

that pirates of the homecoming one is just.....*gasp*

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:53 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Amazing. That's all there is to it.
Wow. :o
I'm speechless!

Awesome set by Tomatie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]