Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 5:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Random Graphics For Portfolio
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:33 am 

I'm planning to compile some of my graphics and place them into a portfolio after my major examinations. Its actually a requirement for a course in design and media that I'm planning to take up in university.

Comments, critisism or basically anything reviews are more than welcome.
OH! and if anybody here is studying graphic design in university, please help. I need to know if my graphics are on par and good enough to even apply..

I've started with 2 of them,
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/Slayerfanatic/work2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/Slayerfanatic/UKPROJECT1copy.jpg

Post subject: Re: Random Graphics For Portfolio
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:35 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I think they both look very nice, though I personally think the first one is pretty-ier :)

@->->--
A rose for you, my love...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:49 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

they are both great. although i dont get the green bits in the uk circle on the second one.

good luck though!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hmm...I'm majoring in Graphic Design currently (but I'm only a freshmen with a plethora of Foundation courses...I'll see what I can do to help)

Your first work is what I assume is a desktop wallpaper. It is very well rendered and appealing to the eye. I do not like the embeveled/embossed silhouettes of tree and the butterflies though, especially since most of your flowers on the bottom are flat. The heart...I would use it as a point of emphasis and use a complimentary color, such as magenta or deep crimson. The green butterflies next to the heart (actually all the butterflies) kinda distract from the tree-heart. The composition is slightly busy, but it does show your skills. The right side seems a little blank, so it feels unbalanced. Sometimes simplicity is more aesthetically appealing than trying to use as many tools Photoshop (or computer program) has available.

The second one I like a lot. I would tone down on the green stones (agreeing with above) and the embeveled/embossed bothers me. Is the UK circle suppose to look like it's being painted over the rocks or is it suppose to be some sort of opaque emblem that stands out? I understand that the UK circle might not stand out enough if you took off the layer effect...maybe you can lower the contrast on the stones a little and make the UK circle a brighter red? Or instead of lowering the opacity, maybe choose a blending mode like 'Multiply' (and duplicate the layer many times until it's the way you like it). And I'm guessing those are paint-splatters coming from the UK...mmm, I would suggest looking at many, many pictures of splattered paint/liquids (or even try experimenting with milk droplets) to grasp a better feel as to how they work, since the splatters look kinda awkward to me. Overall, I think it's a great piece aesthetically (...just with minor details that can be changed).

I hope I helped and this is just my own personal feedback, so you can choose to take it if you want. Good luck!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]