Display your creative spirit here in the Pink Poogle Toy Gallery. It can be art... it can be music... it can be a poem (even haiku)... but most of it... it must be you.
Topic locked

TWO Quartets!

Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:52 pm

Image Image Image

Avatar, sig, LJ icon, and header. :)
I'm thinking of doing more of these, maybe some with photos.

Comments and criticism are appreciated, as always.
Last edited by Byakuya San on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: A Quartet

Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:59 am

Oooh, I LOVE the background (especially on the header). Very nice layering and quite subtle. Good analogous color scheme. Nicely earthy.

Composition-wise, I think the header is the best because the others have his face right in the center (in the sig) or somewhat a strong line smack in the center (vertically) of the icons. I would suggest playing around with cropping and asymmetrical symmetry. But with the text, it's slightly below centered horizontally, which is good. Also, his scarf is almost going STRAIGHT into the upper right hand corner in the sig...I prefer it if it was hitting the corner asymmetrically (like in the header). Also in your LJ icon, the upper left corner, the space above his head is creating an almost perfect right triangle (as if his head wants to get near the edge but afraid to touch it). You could either create an uneven space by rotating his head a bit or don't be afraid to crop his head a little.

I'm not too fond of the sub-font(?). I would find something without serif (caps on the end of letters) but kinda faded into the background (especially like the one in the avatar), since your main text is already fancy. Taking the serif off may bring a contrast to the fonts more.

I hope that helps and wasn't too critical...

Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:12 pm

Zilary wrote:I hope that helps and wasn't too critical...

No no, that was good!
I changed the subtext on the LJ icon and header, but I left the set alone for now. You were right about rotating and cropping--it was getting repetitive and boring to look at him in the same position in all of them.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:52 pm

These are GORGEOUS. <3
You did an awesome job. ^.^

I would've used the same font on the av/sig for the LJ icon/header, and I wouldn't of capitialized the "S" in "senbonzakura".
I'm also not too sure about you straightening the guy (lolz I don't know who he is) on the LJ icon. It would've been better if he was leaned over. :)

Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:20 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:I'm also not too sure about you straightening the guy (lolz I don't know who he is)...

psst...his name starts with "bya" and ends in "kuya". ;)

Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:52 am

I like it!

I think the font fits very well and as to the font in the avatar, same as DM.
It might look cool if you put the 'senbonzakura' in to Japanese
->千本桜

But anyways, I like it lots!! :D

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:10 pm

SO MUCH NEW STUFF I THINK MY HEAD IS GOING TO ASPLODE!

First: I re-redid the Byakuya LJ icon.
Second: That's a great idea Hikaru, but when I tried pasting the words into Photoshop it didn't show up the way you typed it.
Third: Another quartet! This time I did a collage.

Image Image Image

Whew...I need to take a break now before getting to work on my student council t-shirt.

Re: TWO Quartets!

Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:04 am

Shall I make an image of it?
I don't think it would take much trouble although I can't give you anything fancyish.

I love it!
I like the avatar on the left than on the right; there's more different colors.

Re: TWO Quartets!

Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:24 pm

hikaru_dream wrote:Shall I make an image of it?
I don't think it would take much trouble although I can't give you anything fancyish.

That would work.
Topic locked