Display your creative spirit here in the Pink Poogle Toy Gallery. It can be art... it can be music... it can be a poem (even haiku)... but most of it... it must be you.
Topic locked

Works in progress....

Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:26 am

Right well I've finally summoned the courage to upload some of my doodles and fartwork online.
Thought I might share some links :)
Click here to check some of it out.

I should upload a tonne more work and pieces sometime soon, but I've been too lazy. :P
Let me know what you guys think of my stuff then.

Re: Works in progress....

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:44 am

Squee! So much prettyness... @_@

I really like your art! I like this one the best. :)
What kind of pencils/pens/whatevers do you use? They're awesome!

Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:55 pm

Wow! Lots of great stuff there Ella :) I especially like the Archie characters (brings back memories of reading the comics as a kid) and the picture of the Penguin. He just looks so mysterious!

Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:10 am

I really like them! Your pen(cil)work is really good. I especially like the type of paper you did them on.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:48 pm

Helena wrote:What kind of pencils/pens/whatevers do you use? They're awesome!

I generally use those clicky refill lead pencils, but other than that I still use crappy old HB pencils and the usual ole artist graphite pencils. As for pens, I'll stick to PITT Artist Pens by Faber Castell. The ink in them are great and they have loads of colours.
Faber Castell all the way for me :P
Byakuya San wrote:I really like them! Your pen(cil)work is really good. I especially like the type of paper you did them on.

I use a Moleskine Sketchbook. They're wonderful notebooks, I think I have one for everything I do XD

Thanks you guys!
The support I'm receiving from everyone is overwhelming, and it's great to get back to art after such a long hiatus :)

Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:51 pm

Great stuff, really, really great stuff. I especially like the uninked Batman ones (4 and 5). The Batman logo is also quite neat. And for some reason, I feel I could just stare at that scarecrow (the one from your dream) forever. It's... entrancing, really.

Keep it up!

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:00 am

Really nice sketches Ella! And using a moleskin eh? The notebook of intellectuals! Hello Ernest Hemingway.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:09 am

Ella, your "fartwork" is great! Your Jughead really jumped out at me - it's perfect!
I agree with May - your Archie sketches very much remind me of my many hours of reading Archie comic books as a kid... Back when the "Double Digest" was really a double digest :)

Hmmm.. for some odd reason, I could go for a few dozen pizzas. Where's Pop when you need him? :P

Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:02 am

Blue wrote: I agree with May - your Archie sketches very much remind me of my many hours of reading Archie comic books as a kid... Back when the "Double Digest" was really a double digest :)

I have a small poster is progress with Archie and the whole gang, it's still only just a concept now but ill have the real thing completed in a few weeks since I have restock my ink supplies :P
I'll post it here if I can :)

EDIT:
The album has been updated with some recent work of mine. Go and admire. ADMIIIIRE!!!!!
:P
Topic locked