Display your creative spirit here in the Pink Poogle Toy Gallery. It can be art... it can be music... it can be a poem (even haiku)... but most of it... it must be you.
Topic locked

Monthly Art Competition

Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:39 pm

Hello to our visual and verbal artists :) We are introducing a new monthly competition for all of you!

Each month, there will be a different competition, either with visual or written art. Anyone is welcome and highly encouraged to participate! :D

The competitions will change each month, alternating between visual art and written art. Participants will have approximately three weeks to submit your entries. The last week of the month will be a voting period in which other members can select the work that they think is the best :)

To get the competition started, we'll have a vote on which competition will start!

You can choose between:

1) Hand-drawn art
2) Computer graphics
3) Poetry
4) Short story

If you have any suggestions for future competitions, please feel free to shoot me a PM :D

Re: Monthly Art Competition

Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:38 am

Sounds fun. Why don't we start this off with a written one?

Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:33 am

I ish stuck between poetry and computer art. xD I'll just pick poetry.
Do we submit our entries here on the board?

Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:57 am

There will be a new thread at the beginning of September when the first contest starts :)

*pokes poll*

No one has officially voted :(

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:10 am

May wrote:There will be a new thread at the beginning of September when the first contest starts :)

*pokes poll*

No one has officially voted :(

We can't vote. o_o

Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:47 am

Ohhh you should also do a lyric writing contest! I could turn a couple of them into songs for "The Pink Poogle Toys"!

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Alright, there is now a working poll here with a couple more options added :)

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:00 am

PPTMAC is that you?

I voted hand drawn... but perhaps i'm slightly biased.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:39 am

ahoteinrun wrote:PPTMAC is that you?

LOLZ - I love the name PPTMAC! :P

I'd better see some InrunArt!

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:43 am

May wrote:
ahoteinrun wrote:PPTMAC is that you?

LOLZ - I love the name PPTMAC! :P

I'd better see some InrunArt!

The only way I can really enter is if it's hand drawn. No more photoshop to do graphics/comp art. I hope you get lots of entries.

I'd be more convinced to do art if I could get a pretty new set... *looks longingly at the open requests board*

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:50 pm

i voted hand drawn.
Makes the competition more diverse :)

Plus not everyone is great at graphix.....

Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:05 pm

I vote for short story since I have 111 possible entries into this category (working on #112 right now).

Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:32 pm

Looks like it'll be either short story or hand-drawn. Really hoping for short story, since I can't draw for poo, and can actually write somewhat.

Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:46 pm

If it is a short story, what exactly qualifies as such?

I'm curious as well... will this be themed?

Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:54 am

For now, a short story has to be less than 5000 words. We have to make it a reasonable length for other people to read relatively quickly :)

There will be themes from time to time. The first few competitions will most likely be un-themed, with themes emerging at a later point in time.

Also, as a note, the complete details of the competition will be tweaked from time to time, so at the beginning of each competition, make sure you completely read all of the rules :)

I'm quite excited that so many people have voted so far and have expressed an interest! Now if only we could get more people to vote!
Topic locked