Display your creative spirit here in the Pink Poogle Toy Gallery. It can be art... it can be music... it can be a poem (even haiku)... but most of it... it must be you.
Topic locked

Monthly Art Contest - October - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:01 am

After a successful first installment of the Monthly Art Contest, we are continuing on with a new competition for the month of October!

The Monthly Art Competition for the month of October is.....

*drum roll*

SHORT STORY

Rules:

1. All artwork submitted must be your own work. Anyone caught copying a work from someone else will be banned from the Monthly Art Competition and there may be more serious consequences around the forum.

2. All stories should be submitted by PM or e-mail to May. Only entries that are 2000 words or less will be accepted.

3. All entries are due by 5 PM EST on Friday, October 24. All entries will be posted on Friday, October 24 with winners being announced on Saturday, November 1. There will be two winners for each competition. One winner will be decided by the members of the forum and another winner will be decided by members of the staff.

Please feel free to post any questions and discussions here :) Entries and results will be posted later this month :) Good luck to everyone!

Re: Monthly Art Contest - OCTOBER!

Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:49 am

And in a surprise twist, your short story must be Halloween-themed!

Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Er...

May wrote:3. All entries are due by Thursday, September 25.

Even though you posted this on October 1?

Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:35 pm

Oops... I thought I caught all the dates. Everything for this month is due by 5 PM EST Friday, October 24!

Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:52 am

What kind of submissions are allowed?
I mean, like does it have to be traditional drawing, or can it be something unique such as when people enter clay made Neopets characters into the neo art gallery?

Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:55 pm

yellowsugardog wrote:What kind of submissions are allowed?
I mean, like does it have to be traditional drawing, or can it be something unique such as when people enter clay made Neopets characters into the neo art gallery?

For this month, the submission has to be a short story, less than 2000 words :)

Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:49 pm

Oh duh. XD
-didnt see that part-
Well I like this contest. :o

Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:53 pm

The entries are in and voting has begun for this month's contest!

Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:14 pm

Halloween is over and it's time for the winners to be announced!!

The winner of the Fan Favorite is... Moongewl (aka Mongrel)

The winner of the Staff Favorite is... A tie between yellowsugardog and Moongewl

Congratulations to both of you! The stories were absolutely spectacular :D
Topic locked