Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Princess Toadstool Colored
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I tried coloring this as I normally would (line it, color it, shade it) but after doing only a couple lines I got tired of it and gave up. I guess I do that a lot. Anyway, I really liked this sketch and wanted to finish it. I tried something different and more simplistic with it and I really love how it turned out. Anyway...

http://venus.walagata.com/w/rageaholic/ ... lcolor.jpg

Comments are always welcome :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It almost looks... vectorish. Just because theres no real outlines.
I like it. It has a definate sense of style too it, and it makes it interesting to look at.
I also like how theres not too many colors. It keeps things simplistic, but still interesting. The bright green really draws your eyes around the picture so that you HAVE to look at everything.

*claps* I like! I like!

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:51 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Location: Cleaning up messes and bopping dirty petpets in The Hall of Heroes
Well, you need to recolor it. Her dress needs to be pink, her hair, crown and earings need to be yellow, and the carpet and pidget's beak and feet need to be orange.

[Neopets: Sir_Grokon][Subeta: Wreck-It_Ralph] [Club Penguin: Cubedude]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Well, you need to recolor it. Her dress needs to be pink, her hair, crown and earings need to be yellow, and the carpet and pidget's beak and feet need to be orange.

As the artist, she needs to do nothing of the sort. The image is hers and thsuly she's allowed to take artistic liscence as such to change the character as she wishes.

Simply "telling" people that they need to do something here on the gallery just doesn't fly. That is hardly constructive criticism. It's more like an order, and an insult to the artist in question.

Kiss and kick is the critique method of choice here in the gallery. You say something good about the piece of work in question, and then if you want you say something that you feel could have been changed. Simply saying that the artist is wrong for doing something means nothing.
You are not the artist.
Rageaholic explained why she did what she did, and you have no right to tell her that she was wrong. Thusly you should have known better to post what you did.
Art is art. Yes it's opinionated, but theres a right way and a wrong way to express your opinion upon it.
Let this be a warning to you and to everyone else.

Do not post rude comments in this gallery.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:10 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

awesomeness.

i really like teh direction that you took this one, the vectorish coloring really is nice.

the little bird falling down also rocks XD :roflol:

v: Lifebreather ----- c: Neko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:29 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hey thanks a lot :D

That's what I tried to do with the green-- move you around the picture. At first it started off as just the belt but it was just horribly distracting so I spread it around some but still tried to keep it minimal.

Heh, seeing the little bird dude makes me smile :)

Yeah, it is kind of vectorish looking. I like the simplicity of it. I tried something different and it actually panned out. Maybe now I'll try even more new things... when I get around to it that is [skips off merrily]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:23 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Nice. :) I saw the un-colored version,as well, and it was good but the color certainly does it justice. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]