I, Lord Rhinestone Cowboy III, puppy-slap at you with my spear of ingenuity. Mischief and mayhem ensues.
Topic locked

Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:39 pm

Terra cocked her head slightly to the side, watching Dante from the corner of her eye. She wasn't sure what she thought of the traveller; certainly everyone needed a little help occasionally? She had been grateful for the help up, even though she could easily have made it on her own...

She sighed softly. To each their own, she supposed, and she would just have to get used to the various personalities of the group. She would have to talk to Dante later, more than just a few words here and there. "Might as well get to know her, then I can decide more justly if I like her or not."

She turned her head forward once more, stepping up her pace a notch. The rain was beginning to make her a bit cold, and she hoped the faster speed would warm her up a little bit. She didn't like rain very much, the falling drops always seemed to give her a chill. She blinked, hoping the wetness wouldn't slow her down in any way.

Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:47 pm

Orost looked like someone going through a stroll in a rainy street. He was walking quite normally and the mini-umbrella added to the effect quite nicely. His wide boots acted almost like snowshoes, helping him to keep from sinking into the muddy ground. He seemed completely oblivious to the noise from his companions. Orost, unlike the others, didn't have any major thoughts on socialization or information gathering. He seemed dence, but would surprize them all when it came to bargaining for supplies in the next town.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:28 am

Logarth took his relatively wet cloak from Dante. "That's fine, it still helped right?" he said. He wrapped himself up in it, and watched the group's commotion. They started leaving, so he took one last look at the basin, which was half full of water already.

In no time at all, they were moving as fast as possible through the rain and forest. No rest for the weary, he thought, sighing. Lucky for him, he had enough experience with trekking through rain that he learned to step lightly, but still keep up speed. This way he wouldn't sink into the mud.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:31 am

Felvil watched the group move as the light grew. His elf-steps did not even leave an imprint in the mud, so smooth and light was his step. The rain stopped, and he cast back his hood, smiling in the clearing air. He looked up and saw that the clouds had almost completely disappeared. They moved on quickly, covering a lot of area.

Trekvid, meanwhile, was at the front of the group. He scowled at the mud. He looked over at Dante on his left and Xantcha on his right. He growled at them both.

"Whatever you want, priestess. But don't you dare curse me to your god. I can answer some questions that you ask," Trekvid said. "Just make sure that you aren't hurting anyone by speaking too loud." He glared at her. When she didn't flinch, he retaliated by picking up the pace even more.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:42 am

"First and foremost - what do you know of Dante's medaillon? I have seen the way you look at her, the obsessive look you get in your eyes when you held in your hands the piece of jewelry hung around her neck. What of it? She as a person has nothing that could possibly interest you, but the medaillon - that is what you are after. Do not try to circumvent my question, mage. Be honest and straightforward in your answers. I have not the physical might to threaten you with, or the knowledge of the arcane to intimidate you with, but you and I both know there is much more than that which moves between heaven and hell."
She relaxed the steely tone in her voice somewhat, but she was still looking him straight in the eyes, and if one had said that lightning lay unspoken in that look, it would not have been an understatement.
"Besides, why are threats of any kind in place here? We, as a group, need to survive, and in order to do that, I think you would agree that each member of the group needs to be able to function as well as he or she can - in other words, achieve their full potential. And without knowledge, dear mage, what are we but fools groping our way blindly through the dark?"

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:01 pm

Hearing her name spoken, Dante slipped back in the fast-moving group from the front to closer to the back. This priestess was obviously just as perturbed as Trekvid's high interest in the jewel hanging around Dante's neck, and the priestess beat her to the punch by flat out asking him why he seemed to have such an obsession with it.

This woman seemed wise, and could read Dante like a book, hence why she simply asked Trekvid what he knew about it, assuming Dante had no answers. Which was true. She hadn't a clue. As rude as she found it for the two of them to just begin talking about her while she walked right near them, she could understand where they were coming from.

The rain finally subsided, Dante pulled off the hood of hear cloak, letting her head get some fresh air now that the sun emerged. Her hair seemed to be falling apart, so while keeping up with the group, she managed to re-do the bun on her head, getting it all up and off her neck, a few red, curly whisps still framing her face.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:08 pm

After a few minutes, Logarth noticed that nothing was hitting him or his cloak. He looked up at the sky and was surprised to see that the clouds had moved on. He then let down the hood of his cloak and opened his cloak a little, letting the fresh air hit all sides of the cloak.

He noticed Xantcha and Trekvid talking about something, and wondered what would be so important that they had to talk while leading the group. He wanted to talk to someone, but at the same time he didn't feel like it, and so he trudged on.

Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:24 pm

Hikaru looked up as the clouds cleared and warm sunshine spilled on her. She sighed in relief and sneezed. As much as she liked rain, she didn't like walking through it the whole time.
Her clock had been oiled, so it had kept off some rain, but she had used it mostly to cover her pack, and so Hikaru was throughly wet now.
Glancing around at the group, she wondered if there was anyone to talk with. She saw Xantcha and Trekivid talking, and crossed out the priestess on her mental list, sighing a little.
Hikaru suddenly realized that she really wanted to hear what they were talking about, but felt bad about eavesdropping. Curiosity won. She sped up a little and somehow managed to trip when there was nothintg to trip on. Blushing hard, she trotted up to a spot where she could hear but also gave her the chance to talk with someone.
The gloomy silence was a little too much for her, and she couldn't find the courage to speak. Hopefully someone will talk to me, she thought but doubted it a little. Who would talk to a silly fourteen year old?

Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:31 am

Orost looked up at the sky and pushed the switch back down on his blacksmith's hammer and strapped it to his back again. He looked over at everyone, noticing the overcast feelings. "Whats wrong with you all? If you think this is bad, think of the rest of the trip!" Orost had a funny way of looking at the bright side of things. He himself was only worried tha tth ewater would crack his wooden armor from the swelling of it. He looked at their guides, choosing the one less likely to blast his head off for bothering him. "Felvil! Is all this water good for the armor? I don't have much experience with wooden armor, but I know that wood swells when it's wet."

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:22 am

"First and foremost," Trekvid replied to Xantcha, "You have to understand that I hold no fear of you or your gods. I care little for their affairs. Do not preach to me about what exists between those two places." His voice grew in both volume and intensity as he grew angry with the priestess. "Secondly and perhaps more importantly, it is not your business to be asking me about Dante's necklace. If you wish to ask her about it, you may freely do so. Do not beg of me something that you have not the courage to seek yourself. I may know something about the medallion, but there is much more to rapture me in that woman than a petty jewel. I like her for being the person she is, not for the jewel that is a mark of her family. Do not try to talk about her behind her back. She deserves more respect than that." His voice was already loud enough to be heard by every member of the group. It grew louder still. "And do not dare to try to blackmail me or threaten me, little priestess. You may think you know much of the ways of this world, but if you think that you can threaten me as a means of attaining information, you are pathetically ignorant. You do not know who I am if you are going to tell me that." Trekvid seethed. "And furthermore, who are you to tell me how to lead this group?! You know nothing of the potential of any in this group, least of all yourself. If you had any inkling as to their potentials, you would not be making petty threats and giving advice like this. The members of this group, yourself included, know nothing of how to reach your full potential, and Felvil and I are here to help you reach that potential slowly. Do not dare to call me a fool, woman." Trekvid screamed out. He stormed off in front of the group, distancing himself from the priestess. He still led the group, but from a much farther distance.

Felvil was feeling happy and free. He could feel the plantlife crying out in joy for the rain. He closed his eyes and listened to the sounds of nature. His meditative peace stopped when Trekvid began screaming at Xantcha. Felvil rolled his eyes, seeing Trekvid's points, but also seeing how severly he was overreacting. He moved up a bit in the group, sidling alongside Hikaru. He smiled down at her, trying his hardest to ignore Trekvid's ranting, but nonetheless storing it all in the back of his infinite elf-mind. He pulled out one of his own shepard slings and a very smooth stone from the Land of the Elves. He showed Hikaru exactly how to swing the sling. He tried to help her understand the importance of her sling. He promised to help her train with her sword later. He dropped back a small ways as Orost began talking to him. He saw Orost's logic, but realised that it failed to apply here.

"That would normally be the case, Orost. However, in these pieces of armour, the armourer placed a very weak coating spell. He has this power due to his skill as an armourer. It allows the armour to be unaffected by weather. The problem with this enchantment is that if the armour is frequently used, as your armour is, the spell will wear off, leaving the wood pores open to water. I am afraid that I sense that the spell was severely weakened by this rain. Soon your armour will be useless. Your armour is in fact split from where the bear struck you. That means that the enchanting spell on your armour is much weaker than the spell on Logarth's armour," Felvil said, trying to help explain the wooden armour to Orost. He saw the troubled look on Logarth's face and moved over. "Do not be troubled that no one is talking to you right now. Once things settle down, you will be much more able to connect with the others here in the group." Felvil smiled at him, and would have embraced him if he weren't an elf.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:36 am

Logarth jumped a little when he heard Trekvid scream at Xantcha. Upon hearing their conversation, he realized that Trekvid made some good points. However, he said to himself, someone has a bad temper.

He was a little glad when Felvil came over to him. "Hmm... Yes, you're probably right. It's weird though, because normally I don't feel like talking to anyone, as I'm either alone or when I do encounter people it's only to trade or whatnot. I think staying in the city for a longer amount of time than I'm used to made me more sociable, I guess," Logarth said, thinking a bit.

"And it also seems that every time we try to settle down something happens," he added. "It's almost like someone - or something - doesn't want us to save the kingdom."

Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:58 pm

Dante felt her face get warm as Trekvid nearly reamed out the priestess. She felt eyes fall on her while the arguement continued, and she did try her best to just keep her eyes forward as if she didn't hear anything. This is certainly awkward... again.

At least it was confirmed for her that Trekvid knew at least something about the gem she had. Once he was calmed down, she had to ask him, even if she was going to risk getting her own head chewed off as well. Then again, taking into account the other few things the mage mentioned/shouted, he might not lash out at her. She had to admit she was rather surprised at Trekvid's supposed feelings towards her; she originally took him a stubborn and selfish... now he was just stubborn and a hot-head in her book.

Once Trekvid was done screaming at the woman, Dante caught up to Logarth and Felvil, hopefully to join in the conversation with her blushing face as if nothing was just screamed across the hills of the plains; it certainly seem to phase Felvil. "What exactly is it we're going to fight off from the Prince's lands? I can understand something interferring with us if it happens to be some all-powerful sorcerer, but if it's just more of these rabid animals, I just think we're having bad luck."

Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:56 pm

"I see... I think I shall speak to the blacksmith at the next town, I believe I may need some stronger armor." Orost said to the elf. He lengthened his stride and caught up to Trekvid. "Do NOT insult a preistess! She simply asked why you were so enchanted with that necklace! A bit to harshly albet, but thats still no reason to yell at the poor woman! I don't care if you think that you're so high and mighty, its you who need us, not the other way arrond, mage! Why did you ask the king for help if you're so high and mighty?!" Orost walked back to the rest of teh group, muttering, "Cursed mages..." among other things under his breath as he went. "Are you alright?" He asked the preistess.

Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:59 pm

Hikaru, trotting behind Trekvid and Xantcha, jumped as Felvil came alongside her.
Carefully taking care not to forget anything he told her, she thanked him as he went to the back of the group. A moment after he left, she glared at the sling and did what she was just taught over and over again.
As Orost passed her and went to talk to Trekvid, she looked up, distracted.
Hikaru stared at the Trekvid's back, then looked back at Felvil who was trying to fill everyone's needs.
She felt that the two people were so different. She couldn't think of Trekvid other than a short tempered rude mage. There has to be at least one good thing about him, Hikaru thought, determined to find out what it was. Although she had the feeling that Dante would be the first to find out.
Hikaru somehow managed to get next to Xantcha without tripping over anything. She didn't want to be the closest to Trekvid.
Listening to the conversation behind her, she was glad that the others had asked the questions that had bothering her for a while.

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:34 pm

Terra felt awkward. She could almost feel the tension between the priestess and the Trevkid, but she could not hear what the conversation was about. She frowned, not wanting to join in, but realizing that she would curse herself for days to come if she did not.

She sighed, deciding on a position farther in back. She trotted forward swiftly, stopping near the girl that had spoken to her the day earlier, after the bear... Hikaru, perhaps?

She leaned slightly towards her. "What is going on, may I ask thee?" she whispered softly. "Like as not, it is none of my business. But I am very curious..."
Topic locked