Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 6:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: ~Griffins of Rune~
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:30 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Rune was once filled with magic, and beautiful, graceful animals roamed the land. But the most beautiful of all were the Griffins. The size of horses, half bird, half lion, griffins were the strongest, smartest, and most treasure hungry of all animals. The Elves came, and, though they were stronger and more clever then griffins, respected the noble animals and helped them in any why they could. But that was before the coming of man...

The humans invaded the griffins land, driving them back and almost out of existatance. The griffins fought back, but victory was not to be. The humans out-numbered them and had the aid of weapons. In time, the griffins dissapeared into the mountains, and only the elves remembered them.

My characters:
Name: Sir Isaac of Rune
Species: 1/2 elf, 1/4 human, and 1/4 fire demon
Personality: Very, very calm, even in the face of his own distuction. But, he does not trust anyone but his griffin. At least, not very easily.
Apperance: Pale skin and pointed ears, spiky dirty-blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He wears a white tunic, black pants, brown leather boots and a red cloak. Around his neck is a golden pendant, and strapped to his back is an elven sword.
History: He is the son of a half demon, half human peasent and an elf princess. He was raised by his father, as his mother did not want the elves to know about him.
When he was a child, he and his father were sold into slavery since they were part demon. When he was twelve, his father became very ill and told Isaac that he was part elf royalty.
The next day, Isaac's father died. Not long after that, Isaac was bought by a knight, who made him a squire. When the knight, the king of Rune, and some nobles where on a hunt, a griffin attacked. Isaac calmed the angry beast, speaking the bird-like tongue of the griffins. This earned him his elfen title; Prince Isaac, Griffin Tamer of the West.
This act of bravery and selflessness amazed the King of Rune, who knighted Isaac "Sir Isaac of Rune" and took him as a second son. When Isaac was fifteen, he married an elf named Manardi, who gave him an elven sword and a silver pendant as gifts.
When Isaac was sixteen, he saw the king be murdered by a duke. Isaac tried to avenge the fallen king, but the duke killed Manardi. Isaac took his beloved's body and fled, buring her in a forest. He then fled to the mountains. The duke, now the King, put a large bounty on Isaac's head and now hunts him passionatly.

Name: Manardi
Species: griffin
Appereance: black, all black, and roughly the sized of a hawk.
personality: short temper, very loyal to Isaac
History: When in the mountains, Isaac found Manardi, who was unwanted by her parents, as she was small and black, wereas the rest of her family was golden colored. Isaac took her from the nest and raised her.

Okay, there are my bios. sorry they're so long^^. Anyways, you can be a griffin, a human, a demon, an elf, a hybrid, etc. Isaac's mother, the elf princess, probably a queen by now, is not dead, I'm just not going to roleplay as her. If you would like to have her as your carrie, pm me first and ask. Btw, Rune is a medivel land, so no guns or futuristic weapons.

Set by Scholastic, winner of my set contest!

Last edited by Sir Isaac on Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Name: Rima
Species: Elf
Personality: To be revealed throughout the RP (providing that is okay, if not let me know and I'll try to think of one.)
Appearance: Green eyes and black hair that's generally tied back into a braid. Her skin is tough and lightly tanned from living out in the wilderness. Wears common attire of the female warrior's from her home, and a white feather from her griffin in her hair. Carries her bow and arrows with her everywhere.
History: Rima was born the daughter of two high warrior elves, and as their daughter, has spent most of her 17 years of life learning the same profession. Her highest skills are with the bow and arrow, but she's got at least a tad bit of experience with a wide range of weapons. She left home at age 14 and now lives in the mountains only about 30 miles away from her Elven home village.
---------------------------------
Name: Rish
Species: Griffin
Personality: Also to be revealed.
Appearance: Mostly a dull silver, but his under-feathers are white. Dark red eyes, and of normal griffin size. (as in the size of a horse according to your intro post)
History: TBA
----------------------------
[OOC: Note- Rish is Rima's griffin, and Rima is Rish's human. They share an equal relationship as loyal friends. Rish's history is TBA because I have to go. I'll finish it up later.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:25 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Name: Torin
Race: 3/4 elf, 1/4 human
Appearance: Her elven heritage is quite obvious. Her figure is willowy and graceful, her features sharp but pretty. She is not as tall as other elves; a result of her human father. Her eyes are a piercing grey, her hair raven-black and falling to mid-way down her back.
Personality: Her human heritage shows up in her personailty. She does not have the cool temperament usually displayed by elves; instead she has a fiery temper that often gets her into trouble. She has her soul set on greatness and won't rest until she gets it. Her clumsiness defies her graceful appearance and slows down her training to be a warrior.
History: Her father was a human warrior; her mother an elf. Her father was either killed or simply left before she was born and she was raised, grudgingly, in her mother's village. (the same as Rima's village) She was never fully accepted among the elves because of her father, but she never gave up trying to be a warrior. She spent much of her life looking up to Rima, though she hid it for fear of ridicule.
------------------------------------
Name: Soryn
Personality: TBA
Appearance: TBA

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:44 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

(....do we have to play a human/elf type thing, or can we only be a griffin? do these griffins speak?)

Name: Shakht
Species: griffin
Appearance: black, with some areas fading to a darker and medium brown (think dark bay horse, hehe) He has a falcon's beak, hooked cruelly, and while his grey eyes are distant, they are not cold. He has an armband of a silvery metal, darker than pure silver, with a few markings etched on it.
Personality: temperamental, but logical at most times...fiercely protective of those who are important to him. He tends to be rather independent and likes to watch events from afar rather than being directly involved.
History: Shakht comes from a far away flock of griffins, having struck out on his own after a falling-out with his father.

(my first time RPing on here, so forgive any mistakes :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Name: Arani
Species: Elf
Personality: Like most Elves, she is calm in all situations. She tries to think fairly and wisely, however is very adventurous.
Appearance: Fair skin and pointed ears. She is tall and slim. She has the same bright blue eyes as Isaac, and her hair is a strawberry-blonde color, done up in a braid and then tied back in a bun. She wears the clothes of Elfen Royalty. Although she is nearing her forties, she still looks like she is in her twenties, and she is as spry as ever.
History: Arani had always been adventurous, for as long as she could remember. At the age of ten, she found Raitou. She took the Griffin home and cared for her, and though she tried to take her back to her own parent's, the Griffin refused. Together they snuck lessons in from the Weaponsmaster at the court. They also did a great many other things which no other Royal would have dared done.
Years passed, and still Arani and Raitou continued their adventures in the mountains, one day meeting the acquaintance Isaac's father. Soon after Isaac was born, both his father and Arani decided it would be best for both Isaac and the Elves if no one knew of him. So Isaac disappeared out of her life for what she assumed would be forever. With him and his father her venturous spirit. She still had it, but rarely left the castle.
When her father gave Isaac his Elfen title of 'Prince Isaac, Griffin Tamer of the West,' Arani wondered if it had been her Isaac. However, she had been nowhere near at the time, so she would never find out if it had been.
A year ago her father died (details currently unknown... probably will make one up later), and so she is now the Queen.

Name: Raitou
Personality: She's more relaxed than most Griffins, but still very loyal and protective. She has a very dry humour, and sometimes cracks jokes at the oddest of times. She is very treasure hungry, and shiny things often catch her attention, distracting her from whatever else she may be doing.
Appearance: Raitou is a cream colored Griffin with a light brown undertone. Her eyes are a dark brown and the tip of her beak is black. Around her neck is a jewelled collar. She is about the size of an Eagle.
History: Raitou lived a fairly uninteresting Griffin life before she was learning how to fly. During her first flying lesson, however, she flew above a birds nest. The birds, in order to defend it (and not quite understanding she wasn't even a Fledgling herself, even though she tried to explain it to them) attacked her and forced her to land in a rocky area. Not being experienced, she broke her wing. It was only when she began calling for her own parents that the birds understood she was still a 'chick' and left her alone. Though they searched, Raitou's parents never found her. Instead, it was a young Elfen Princess, who took her home and cared for her until she was well. Through the Princess's many adventures, Raitou has stood by her side.

(Yep, I was given permission to become the Princess. If you would like anything changed, Sir Isaac, just tell me and I'll be glad to do so. Also, Raitou wears the collar willingly, she is not inclined to do so but likes it very much. I may make mistakes in the spelling of certain words, such as Griffin (I usually spell it Griffon) and Elfen (Elven), but shall try my hardest to spell it how you would prefer whether you like it or not. :P )

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:01 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((okay, I need to clear some stuff up for people. No, your griffin does not have to have a human/elf companion, that is up to you. Also, whether or not your griffin can speak the human tongue is up to you as well. If you are used to spelling some things differently, you can spell them in the way you feel comfortable.))

Isaac should have know better then to walk on this steep, rocky terrian, but he took his chances. He should not have. His foot slipped on a rock and he lost his footing. Manardi jumped off his shoulder as he fell and slid a few feet down the mountain side. She fluttered down next to him, nudging his shoulder with her beak. Isaac groaned and slowly got to his feet. He picked up the griffin, cradling her in his arms like an infant. He looked around, hoping there would be a village or town nearby in which he could seek refugue. He did not know it, but he was in Elven territory, the one place in Rune where he was safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Raitou examined herself in the mirror, and adjusted the collar until satisfied. She ran her foretalon lovingly across the beautiful jewels, then turned to look at Arani.

Arani had been sitting on her windowsill, looking out at the mountains in the distance. Her face held little expression, but even that small bit gave Raitou enough to know what the Elf was thinking. Raitou leaped off the dresser, and onto Arani's shoulder.

"You miss them." Raitou stated. A passerby who heard that would have thought it was just the Mountains, but Raitou was speaking of something else.

Arani nodded, reaching up to stroke the Griffin. "Yes, I do. I miss them very much. I wonder how much they have changed..."

"Much, I think. Perhaps you should go to the mountains once more, Arani. It will do you good. You need to get away from the castle again. Like the old days."

"Oh, but Raitou! I can't... I have so many things to do, they are depending on me..." Arani said, a startled look on her face.

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:20 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Shakht glided effortlessly in the air - it was the place where he was most at home, and he trusted his wings more than he trusted most other griffins. He was large, a young male and proud of it, though not brash. He turned and banked, spotting something interesting on the ground; he was too far away yet to tell, but as he drew closer, he discovered that the object he was peering at was a human, with what looked like a small bird cradled in his arms. As he flew long, lazy loops above the interesting pair, he contemplated whether or not to descend. At last his curiosity got the better of him. He folded his wings and plummeted in a spectacular dive, hurtling toward the earth at breakneck speed - it was one of his favorite things to do, feel the wind rushing over his wings and knowing if he misjudged the time, he would be scattered feathers on the rock below.

This time, as with most other times, though, he judged it just fine, and settled gracefully to a large boulder. Just in case the human creature meant him harm, which some humans did, he stayed a ways away and turned his head, examining the pair before speaking. "Hello," he said, purring this word at first in his own language; he clicked his beak irritably at himself before saying, "Why do you walk on such dangerous rocks?" in the human tongue. He settled onto his haunches, tufted tail curling around, looking much like a cat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:53 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Isaac's pointed ears twitched as he heard someone speak. He turned and saw a dark griffin sitting on a rock. Manardi wiggled out of her master's grasp and perched on his shoulder, warily watching this new comer. "Because I do not have wings like you, Great One." Isaac said, bowing his head to the griffin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:26 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Cautiously, Torin raised her head up, just enough so that she could see over the rock. She only just managed to hold back a gasp at what she saw. An absolutely marvelous Griffin, black with a few areas faded to brown, unfurled his-was it his? She did not know-wings, making a graceful, perfect landing from what must have been a breathtaking dive.

The Griffin stared directly at the...human? Elf? Probably a mix, she decided, like herself. But there was something about him that didn't seem like either. The Griffin focused his attention on the boy, and uttered something in what she assumed to be the Griffin tongue. It clicked it;s beak before greeting the boy in her-and, obviously, his-own language.

A chuckle half-escaped her control as she saw the boy's reactiong, and came out more as a hiccup than anything. Immediately she clamped a hand over her mouth.

Now you're in for it, fool she chided herself. Bad enough you almost got caught sneaking away from the village...now your caught by a griffin, too. She had not noticed Manardi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:21 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Shakht mused over the creature's reply for a moment, and decided that this probably wasn't one of those who hunted the griffins. He'd met some who had tried to charm griffins before attacking, but they never did seem quite honest. Shakht, in turn, gravely inclined his head to Isaac and Manardi, particularly curious about Manardi. "Perhaps that would be a valid reason, then. What brings you and the dark one," he said, indicating Manardi with a gesture of his wing, "to such harsh country?" He paused a moment, and then added in his own tongue to the small griffin, "I do not know if you speak my language, but greetings nevertheless."

He heard an odd sound from a nearby rock and reared onto his haunches, wings spread for balance, looking at the stranger from his new height. He was curious now and did not sense danger, and so with a great clap of his wings he rose, gliding easily over to the boulder. He sat once more, peering down at the part-elf, part-human female with interest. He clicked his beak and made a quiet, agreeable noise, looking quite pleased with himself for finding the sound-maker (he was a young griffin, after all.) This time he did not slip and speak in his own language first, but said, "Why do you hide behind rocks?" He kept an ear turned toward the two he had greeted first, in case they responded, or the human-creature slipped again. Come to think of it, the one he'd spoken to first hadn't seemed to be in the best of shape. He turned his gaze to Isaac now, frowning, trying to see if he was badly hurt from what looked like a fall on the rocks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:15 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Manardi clicked her beak, and in her own langauge that ment, "I speak our langauge, but nothing else." She jumped down from Isaac's shoulder, rubbing her back against his legs. "We come here seeking refuge from our own people," Isaac said, in answer to the griffin's question.

Manardi turned to the bushes, having heard something. She growled deeply, least this creature that she could not see ment ill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:04 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Torin would have laughed again had she not been stiff with fright. The griffin looked so comical, just like on of the elf-boys who had defeated his first opponent.

"I...was hiding from others of my village, Great One." She did not even realize that she had addressed the griffin the same way as the boy. It simply seemed....right to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:40 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Isaac heard the person hiding behind the bushes speak. He did not know if they had seen his face, but never the less, he raised the hood of his cloak. He knew that greed could consume even the noblest of creatures. If this person recognised him as Sir Isaac of Rune, the hunted and exiled knight, they could very well want the bounty that was promised if he be given over to the King.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Rima sat high up in one of the mountain's pines. Her back slouched against the tree's trunk, and her feet swung idly in the air. In her Elven hands was a small, brown fruit that seemingly had come from the tree she was currently residing in. Using her dagger, she peeled the fruit's skin off and let it fall to the rocky ground below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next