Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: The Song of Phoenix (Closed)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

His song was what kept the world at peace. He sang while flying all over the world. It radiated joy and happiness for many miles around him. He stopped to rest at only one place, his Nest. There he would die, and be reborn from the ashes, only to circle the world again. All was well with him.

But there were some who were immune from Phoenix's song. Most of these people did not even know they were, and lived their lives as happily as they could, much like the others. But some became thieves, or power hungry, eager to become rich. Most of the time, for them, it was only one of these... but there were three who were all three of these. Alone, these three weren't very dangerous to Phoenix or the other Legendaries, but together they were to be feared. And together they were. These three were Rouska, Atka, and Suka. Rouska was the only female in the Three, and the Mage. Atka was the thief, and Suka was the leader.

One by one, each of the Legendaries' children were stolen. Dragon's son, Griffon's daughter, Segacorn's son, Chimera's daughter, and all the other Legendaries’ children. Until there was only one left to take away, and this was Phoenix’s child.

Because Phoenix's Nest was so hard to get too, the three had saved it for last. They had waited for a time when he was on his rounds, for if he were there, it would only complicate things further. They had not expected the fact that he would return early, however.

Ever since the Legendaries’ children had begun to disappear, Phoenix knew that there would be a time where his own daughter was taken. So he began to make his rounds faster, his song more hurried. Griffon had given him a pouch full of a Magical Dust soon after the disappearance of his own daughter, in the case that Phoenix should find the ones who stole their children. As he neared his Nest, he slowed only slightly, singing a different tune. After awhile, he stopped, and listened intently, as if expecting a reply.

Nothing. Not even a rustle from the trees. Once more he repeated the tune, a slight edge of worry coming to his face. Still nothing. He sped up, flying faster than he had ever gotten before, his song now full of worry. He came to his nest just in time to find the Three. He stopped singing, instantly jerking the pouch around his neck open, ready to drop it on the intruders. And he did, as soon as he was close enough. The contents of the pouch worked instantly. The Three gave a surprised look before disappearing, banished for eternity.

He swooped down, but he had arrived too late. They had already worked their own Magic. His daughter was gone. He emitted one last, mournful not before silencing. No more was his happy tune to be sung, and no more would he do his rounds. For without his daughter, there was no purpose to it.

A wind blew past, circling around him gently. Within the wind, he dimly heard these words: Do not lose all hope, oh Phoenix, Bird of Fire! One day your daughter, and all the other Legendaries’ Children, shall be returned to their rightful places. Until then, Phoenix, mourn! Sing deep within your heart your sorrow, Bird of Fire!

And as a pearl-like tear slid down Phoenix’s cheek, the Reign of Peace ended.

The Three arrived, startled, in a much different area then they had left. All around them, people were hurrying, so engrossed in their own thoughts they had not noticed them appear. The Three checked to make sure they were not hurt, before speaking. Suka was the first to speak, a worried look on his face.

“I lost them. We must have been separated when we were transported. I’m sorry… I just… I don’t have them anymore.” He sighed, glancing around him. “Where are we anyways?”

Rouska had paid no attention to his last comment, only his first. “You lost them? Idiot! Now we won’t be able to retrieve them again!” She raised her hands, a look of anger on her face.

“Rouska! Calm down. We may not be able to retrieve them… but others will. Oh yes… and if we get to them before they get to the Children…” Atka grinned as he finished. “Then we will have all the power we need to return to our true time and take over.”

Rouska nodded. “True. But how will we know who they are?”

Suka glanced over at her. “Oh. We’ll know… they will be very noticeable to us.” And then, with a laugh, the Three started off.

I have no major rules that need to be noted. If you need to ask questions, feel free to ask me. I would appreciate it if you would make your characters, as much like the Legendary whose child they will be rescuing if possible, however it is not necessary. Of course… seeing as how I’m letting you choose the basics on them…

Anyways… here are the Bios.

Name:
Legendaries Child: (It will be your character’s duty to rescue them. I have stated some, which could be used, however, make-ups are welcome! Just tell me what species and other such stuff. I will probably decide the gender of the Child, and may ask quite a few questions if you are using a Make-Up.)
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

And… my Bios!

Name: Pheore Harran
Legendaries Child: Phoenix’s Daughter
Appearance: She has bright red hair pulled back in a ponytail. Her eyes are a bright blue. Her clothes are plain, a white t-shirt and blue jeans. She wears a black baseball cap on her head, which helps hold back her ponytail. Freckles lightly dot her face, especially on her cheeks where they are most visible. Her hands are kind of small, and she is of about normal height. Most of the time she has headphones on as well, attached to her Walkman, which rests on the right side of her jeans.
Personality: She is generally calm and happy, however she is also easily made nervous. She is kind of shy, however to close friends she opens up and reveals her true self. She is intelligent, however, doesn’t like to show it, as she usually doesn’t like to be noticed.
Other: She has a twin brother, Paullen. She is a big fan of music, and plays an Ocarina in her spare time; trying to recreate the tune she hears each night in her dreams. Her father works in a zoo, taking care of the Birds and her mother is a huge birdwatcher, so both she and Paullen know a lot about birds. When not listening to music, she is usually reading some fantasy book or other.

Name: Paullen Harran
Legendaries Child: None. Helps out a lot getting the others, however.
Appearance: He looks a lot the Pheore. He has the same type of hair, similar eyes, and wears almost the same hat. However, he is taller and wears a black shirt and black pants. Around his neck hangs a dog whistle, however, the reason is not known, as they don’t have a dog.
Personality: He’s not shy like his sister is. Other than this, he has pretty much the same personality… calm and happy. He doesn’t get nervous, however, unless it is something really big.
Other: He likes music, though not as much as Pheore. He doesn’t play any instrument at all. He can imitate well, and has already learned to imitate quite a few types of birds as well as some other things. If it’s almost immediately afterwards, he can imitate voices and other sounds fairly well.

And… there’s my stuff. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

CURRENT LIST OF PLAYERS:

Pheore Harran (Twizzler0171)- Phoenix’s Daughter
Paullen Harran (Twizzler0171)- None and all
Denzei Diamondback (lionheartwitty)- Dragon's Son
Tauwren Leao (ria)- Griffon's Daughter
Violet Leao (Viola) (ria)- None and all
Inadra Garyllis (Syrill)- Chimera's Daughter
Anaïs Sahir (Silja)- Kirin's Daughter
Al-Hadiye Sahir (Hadi) (Silja)- None and all
Azure (Azure)- Serpent's daughter
Petra Yfantis (shavynel) - Segacorn's Son

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Last edited by Twizzler0171 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:17 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:16 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In a hamster cage and covered in Twinkle's glitter.
Name: Denzei Diamondback
Legendaries Child: Dragon's Son
Appearance: His blond hair spikes back in a very aerodynamic-looking style, revealing a handsomely peaked hairline. His gray eyes watch his surroundings carefully from under hooded eyelids. He looks half Chinese to the more world-wary eye. He wears full leather armor of a dark color along with a yellow surcoat over it. He rarely is seen wearing anything except this outfit. The boy is a little shorter than all the boys around him, but looks fit enough to fend for himself.
Personality: He's the kid that got suspended from school once each year on the first day for the past two year for having a sword strapped to his back. Kids used to always tease him about his leather armor, now they gave up trying to get his negative attention. Denzei never argues. He never really talks, either. The one moment he spake was when he told a class bully to let a smaller boy go some years ago in a lower grade. Failure to comply resulted in the bully being rushed to the emergency room with a mysteriously broken arm.
Other: Denzei lives alone with his Chinese father, who fell in love with and married a beautiful English scholar. She died when Denzei was young, leaving him with nothing but her memory, her hair, a few of her facial features, and her accent. His father was rough on him after her death, and he was and is a hardened Kung Fu Sensei. After a decade of this harsh treatment, Denzei's attitude and abilities would explain themselves, if only he would feel there was a point the let anyone know anything about his family situation, or anything else about him for that matter. He can sometimes be caught up a tree in a local residential park, writing things on paper with calligraphy pens and ignoring the entire world.

Hamriffic set by stampsyne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Sounds interesting Twizz, count me in :)

Name: Tauwren Leao
Legendaries Child: Griffon's daughter
Appearance: Long auburn hair pulled into a ponytail, steel gray eyes, Tauwren wears a neat white blouse, dark blue jeans, polished leather boots and a long royal blue blazer.
Personality: Tauwren seems very cold and blunt, however she really just likes to get to the point and focus on her work. She is very mature for her age.
Other: nope :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

((I'll join. And for now I'll reserve "Daughter of Unicorn" if that's okay? Also, Twiz, would it even be okay for my character to me "Daughter of Kirin" instead? The kirin is a mix between a deer and horse (kind of like a unicorn) and a character from my absolute favorite anime series, Juuni Kokki. If not, I'll settle for unicorn :P))

Set by everconfused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

(That's fine, Silja! Daughter of Kirin sounds great. :) Once you get your bio in, I'll start the role play. Unless someone gets theirs in first. :P It'll still be open, though.)

ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'll join...first though, I'm curious of how many legendaries there are and what they possibly are...And err...are the characters the children escaping or the parents? I got a little confused

Ooh. It's pretty. :D See all the pretty presents? They can be yours if you vote for me. Yet, none of you know me. T_T How sad. There's no way to get the pretty presents then. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

(The number of legendaries is not important to the Role Play. If I put a number on them, it would limit the amount of people able to join, and I don't like to do that very often. And your characters are searching for the Legendaries' Children, they are the only ones able to free them. They are just special Humans.)

ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, thank you for that enlightenment...well, here's the profile

Name: Inadra Garyllis
Age: 2996 (It's a long story...the short version: he made somebody mad and they sealed him away for 2996 years)
Legendaries Child: Chimera's ______
Appearance: His hair is black. (O.o Couldn't find any way to make it sound more descriptive without sort of repeating myself) His eyes are a mysterious green color and his face is very hawklike. He is about 5"5' tall. He always wears a golden cloak for no reason even if it gets in the way. A necklace of ever shifting colors hangs about his neck possibly from somebody else who he enraged. He is always seen with a strange staff carved of yew topped with an emblem that could possibly signify the moon. He usually wears a ceremonial robe probably for the same reason he wears that golden cloak. On his middle finger, he wears a silver ring carved in a strange mesmerizing design that never seems to end. He looks about 20.
Personality: He's serious and cold at times. At others, he is a little insanely happy and reckless. Because of this, he's usually frowning or because he's usually deep in thought.
Other: He used to be a thief and an assassin but he's turned to good though if he had it his way...it wouldn't be so. Somebody he particularly annoyed cast a hex on him that made him change his ways... He has some sort of magic powers that he never seems to want to use. Usually, he just whacks people on the head with his staff.

Ooh. It's pretty. :D See all the pretty presents? They can be yours if you vote for me. Yet, none of you know me. T_T How sad. There's no way to get the pretty presents then. :(

Last edited by Syrill on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:46 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

||NOOO! I cannot believe I missed this. *mutters and slams head*||

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

(Chimera's Daughter. And your Bio was a bit iffy... but its accepted.)

"You were crying in your sleep again." Paullen Harran said, straightening his cap and giving a sidelong glance towards his sister before continuing. "Why do you do that? Every single night now, you've been crying... ever since our birthday."

"I was? Oh... I didn't know. I don't know why I do it... its this tune I hear, in my Dreams. Its beautiful... but so sad. I can't explain it." She sighed, taking out her Ocarina. "I've tried to make the tune on here, because it seems so simple... but its not. I can't seem to get the right notes."

Paullen nodded. "It's all right. I was just curious, that's all. We're almost to school now..."

(And here begins the Role Play! It is still very open.)

ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:47 am 
PPT God
PPT God

(o_O sorry about the iffy info)

Miles away, there was a mild earthquake in a forest. The air seemed to shimmer as it does when their is a heat source of some sort and a person fell through, crashing into a tree.

Inadra tried to think back to what had happened. Somebody he had annoyed had come after him to get revenge. Now he was here. "But where was here?" he wondered as he glanced around at the unfamiliar surroundings. Suddenly, his staff appeared out of thin air and hit him in the head. Rubbing his head, he bent down to pick it up and noticed something very odd. The staff which had always carried the emblem of the sun since they day he received it now carreid the emblem of the moon. As he sat pondering this, he felt a faint tug as if something was calling him.

Standing up, he looked around and tried to trace the location of the call but it had faded. He frowned as he tried to discern what was calling him. It was either the Legendary he had been assigned to observe or the people who were supposed to find the "Lost Children" according to some ancient prophecy. Suddenly, the faint tug came again only this time stronger. With a sigh, he followed it but unfortunately, tripped because he wasn't watching where he was going.

Hours later, he was lost once again since the faint tugging had vanished without a trace. With a sigh, he decided to just randomly walk in a straight line though it might be difficult with all those trees in the way. Finally, after a laborious walk which included climbing trees since it was considered walking in a straight line, he finally found a well worn path leading somewhere. There was the tug again.

With relief, he followed it out of the forest. From the distance, he saw pleasant marble walls rising in the distance. However, the closer he walked, the greater the sense of something malevolent grew within him. He considered going back to where he had come from but decided that he'd never find his way back so he just continued towards the city. On the way, he ran into a man who seemed to be leaving. On careful questioning to disguise the fact that he was trying to find out who the man really was instead of directions to the city, he discovered this man was Valeron Kayle, an inspector of goods. He thanked Valeron and then, they parted. Just to be on the safe side though, he put a temporamental memory lock spell on Valeron. Nearing it, he spied some guards armed to the teeth and decided not to risk it. Not wanting to risk a confrontation, he backed away from sight and began what he remembered to be a teleportation spell.

With a "poof", he vanished only to reappear about 100 feet off the ground, a sitting duck for any bored cannon wielding rookies. Seconds later, he was plummeting and could only manage to string off the same teleportation spell to keep him from becoming a thing no longer defined as human. With another "poof", he reappeared right above the guards he had spied earlier and landed with a crash upon one of them.

The other guard stared at me and asked, "Name and business?"

Inadra turned red as he brushed off his clothing and tried to help the other guard back on his feet. Just to be on the safe side, he "borrowed" the inspector of good's name.

Then, he stammered out, "Valeron Kayle, I'm the official inspector of goods."

The second guard glowered at Inadra as the first guard went to check on the validity of this unknown man's statement.

Moments later, the guard reappeared and said, "He's clear. Let him in."

Stepping into the boundaries of the city, Inadra knew that somehow his life was about to drastically change.

Last edited by Syrill on Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:03 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In a hamster cage and covered in Twinkle's glitter.
Denzei silently stared at his paper as the ink dried, sitting comfortably on the best branch of his favorite oak tree in waiting for school. He heard the familiar sound of fellow teens taking a shortcut across the park as their shoes crunched against the tiny gravel around a swing set, but this time it sounded different to him. It was as if the footsteps were an oppurtunity he had to take, as if each sound was calling his name.

He turned his head to see two familiar figures approaching. You never talk, Denzei. Surely by now you are over your mother and fear not your father, he mentally argued. Denzei had been struggling with the thought of getting out of his shell lately. He was growing up, and knew that in just two years he would be on his own. He finally mustered the courage to climb down the tree for once, but all he did was stare at the two. He already knew the girl's name, and he already knew the two were fraternal twins, but he was still having trouble communicating. He at least decided to be grateful as the two stopped to stare back at him.

Denzei walked closer, as if he had no control over his actions, and handed his drawing to Pheore. He then turned and awkwardly walked onward, still wishing he had spake before making his way briskly to school.

Pheore was surprised, to say the least. She had known the boy to be a grade above her. Everyone always spread dark rumors as to why the strange blonde-haired kid never talked and always wore leather armor. She was in for a greater surprise when she looked at the drawing and saw a calligraphy ink drawing of a sad Pheonix with its beak open, and beside it the drawing of a dragon perched against a rock with tears running from its eyes.

Paullen gazed at the drawings with his mouth agape. He managed to shut his mouth, only to open it again. "Who would've known he had a hobby." "Don't go spreading rumors, there are enough about him going around, anyway," Pheore warned as she started walking towards the school again. She put on her headphones as she advanced past a crosswalk, making sure her brother kept up with her as always. He did, of course, yet Pheore felt like checking for some reason this time.

Hamriffic set by stampsyne

Last edited by lionheartwitty on Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

(By iffy I mean that its about the year 2015 or thereabouts. :P And lionheartwitty and I had discussed what he just did, so its fine with me. I was busy at the time though, and my full attention wasn't put on the post... thats why I was entering while he was leaving. Or something like that. Heh. And why I am editing my post to fit it better. :P)

Pheore tried to forget about the drawing. But she was drawn to it, much like the song she heard each night in her dreams. There was something about it... something she felt she ought to know, but did not. She sighed, reaching up to grab her Ocarina.

Paullen watched her, curious at her behaviour. She had never been like this before. Still mystified, he looked away, and spotted a Gold Finch. He smiled lightly, softly whistling its tune, pleased at the results it brought.

ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Name: Anaïs Sahir
Legendaries Child: Kirin's daughter
Appearance: Image (female to the left). She dresses in casual, yet elegant clothing. Many are intrigued not only by her beauty, but also the same beauty that resides in her brother.
Personality: Quiet, shy and innocent. Her silent being may seem as weird, but yet it makes her an object of curiosity and admiration.
Other: Al-Hadiye's twin sister. The two are practically inseparable. It is as they would live in a symbiosis; without each other they are not able to function and live, only when they are together their beings are complete. Anaïs is the artistic one of the two, she loves to draw and paint but first and foremost she sings and plays the harp.

Name: Al-Hadiye Sahir (Hadi)
Legendaries Child: None, but has parts of the Kirin which were mistakenly inherited by him.
Appearance: Image (male to the right). He dresses in a similar style as her sister.
Personality: One can guess that Al-Hadiye's personality resembles Anaïs', but there are some differences. Hadi is usually the more social one of the two and he is very protective of his sister. Never taking anything to the extreme, he is very peaceful and argues with others seldom, while always being in terms with Anaïs.
Other: Anaïs may have gotten the artistic skills but Hadi took most of the scientific talents. He is a top student in his school and teachers have high hopes for him.

((More twins, wohoo! :P))

The Gold Finch chirped happily but sprung suddenly off the branch it had been sitting on. Without any further notice, Anaïs stretched out her hand a bit and strangely enough the little finch landed on it and perched on her finger. Without saying a word Anaïs looked at the bird with her deep purple eyes.

Al-Hadiye looked as his sister standing next to him. He could feel how her attention was drawn from what they had been talking about before the bird appeared. He closed the math-book he was holding and slipped it into his shoulder bag turning to look at Anaïs’ new friend. It was strange how many animals often just came to her. Either the little fellow is looking for food or he has fallen for my sister like the rest of them, he thought while placing his hand on Anaïs’ shoulder laughing at the bird that was jumping curiously up and down on her finger. He then turned to the left to look at the school building, but the first thing he saw was a younger boy, who looking straight at him and Anaïs. He did not remember his name, but he recognized him from the extra math lessons Hadi had been holding to help the lower grade students with their math-courses. A smile was brought to his face while he looked at the boy.

Set by everconfused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Tauwren walked briskly to school, her black leather shoulderbag perched carefully on her shoulder. Arriving quickly, she made her way into the large dull building and went straight to her locker to put away all her extra books. Without a word she ripped off the note which read "Ugly Nerd" in very scratchy, messy writing and threw it, without turning, into the bin. She had done the same thing for the past few years now, it seemed that ever since she began receiving academic awards she was more and more disliked by the rest of her grade. But that did not bother her, she didn't care what people thought of her, all she cared about was her work.

Of course there had been a time when Tauwren cared about friends and her social status in her school. But that was before her best friend, who happened to be her sister, and her father had left. Her parents had divorced when she was 14, and now she lived with her mother and rarely saw her sister, or even spoke to her. To make things worse, when she was 15 her mother remarried, without even asking Tauwren if she approved. So now Tauwren lived with a step-father who tried to avoid her, an annoying step-brother who teased her and played pranks on her, and a mother who seemed to have forgotten she existed.

That was why Tauwren focused on her work so much, she didn't really have much else. She didn't have many friends anymore, and her life at home was nothing more than an icy shell of what it had once been. It was all too depressing to think about anymore, so Tauwren just made her life a routine, she focused on her school-work and the only remotely enjoyable thing she had was her piano lessons.

The bell rang a moment later, snapping Tauwren out of her thoughts and reminding her that she needed to move to class. Snapping her locker shut and locking it swiftly she walked briskly down the hall, ready to start another dull routine day at school.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next