Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Freelancer (Open) (Need Characters)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

This is a sci-fi RPG, placed in our universe, in the year 4065. There have been recent reports of bio-chemical terrorism, you, need to find out who is responsible, and stop him/her.

Rules

No god-powers/modding. (Note: You may god-mod if I tell you that you are allowed to, it may be needed to move the story along.)
No killing fellow characters.

You will encounter battles, earn money, and find out, who, did this. I will not be particpating, I shall be a "referee"

You may become good, or evil, depending on your actions. The story will shift, and extra topics, may be created.

You will be fighting, but as I said, not each other.
You do not have to fight if you do not choose to.

Death is also an important subject, if your character dies, it may be revived by another player, if no one revives you within 3 days, then your character is gone forever.

I hope everyone has fun!

Characters

Classes

-Merchant
-Bounty Hunter
-Thief
-Pilot
-Soldier
-Hacker
-Marksmen
-Channeler
-Medic

Signing Up

Name:
Appearence:
History:
Criminal Record:
Perferred Weapons:
RPing Experience:

This will be interesting...

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:17 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Name: Sean O'Conner
Race: Human
Class: Hacker
Appearence: His hair is short and a light, but dull brown color. Unlike his hair, his eyes are a vibrant shade of brown that can be as sharp as they can be gentle and show much emotion when he's not in a zoned state (which is most of the time). He's quite tall and among those humans he's worked with in the past, he stands a good head taller than most. And even though he's worked along side individuals from races other than human who are supposedly taller than human, he's found himself looking physically down upon them, though many he respects. Other than his hair and eyes, it seems everything else about him is a light color. His skin is pale and he is most often found wearing a mostly white or light colored T-shirt and shorts no matter what the weather or what the situation unless it is mandatory that he wears more than just that if he wants to live.
History: Some called him innocent. Others called him reckless. And others yet thought he was just another kid on the block. Sean had never quite fit into one box. He seemed to morph the minute he was in the presence of another. Sometimes he looked sweet and loving while other times he was cold and menacing. No one could predict what he'd grow to be when he was still a child. But none could deny the fact that he picked things up easily and that he noticed almost too much. Over time, he became proficient at almost every sort of technology exposed to him and seemingly even those not exposed to him. Over time his curiosity grew until he had devoured everything they had to offer him. But Sean wasn't finished. He needed something more. He needed to learn more to strive. He needed a challenge that no one was offering. So he turned to darker ways. His challenge? Not to be caught but to make it anyways. His way of life? Hacking. At first he only went for minor things that no one would ever miss, but he started working his way up to the high way where the risks were huge. If you ever met him in person, you'd think he was fairly laid back and one of the few gentlemen left in the universe. But if you happened to be hacked by him, you wouldn't ever think the same about him. Yet few that he did hacked realized it was him, Sean. Most only knew their hacker as someone who stylized his or herself "Pacemaker."
But despite this alias, Sean was soon discovered. No, he wasn't caught. But that was only because they could find no evidence. It was all digital. And Sean was a master of digital manipulation. But some say it wasn't because he was innocent. Some people say he bought his way out. Some say he hacked into something for the government and so they had to let him out because of promises. Sean never said. They always asked.
Criminal Record: Just a lot of hacking and backstabbing. He's made some friends, but he's skeptical and not close enough that backstabbing would hurt him... yet. He's erased a number of records that could be considered important from various places all over the universe. Thing is, he's virtually untraceable as he doesn't use his own computer but on other people's, whether public or private. His keyboard is one of those that a whole lot of other hackers have. It just needs to be hooked up to a computer just by pointing the laser (and occasionally a few other steps) and boom. The hacking can begin even though he's not right in front of the monitor. So I guess you could also say he's done his share of stealing.
Preferred Weapons: The keyboard. But when that's not avaliable, the next closest thing. He doesn't generally carry weaponry on him. Keeps the "good guy" story going (a bit). His way of defense is through screwing up the systems of other weaponry.
RPing Experience: 4 years, I think. All over the place. I've been trying to find something that might stand like this. But yah. xD Hope this all works out.

Other stuff: Yah, I realize 22 is a bit young for all this hackingness and that I invented a few things. I hope you don't mind xD. I'll change if I need to. And I'm supposed to be asleep, so things might seem a little rushed because they are. And I won't be on tomorrow, if you happen to see this tomorrow or whatever.

Iced - Silver [dot] Net ... now go. And maybe someday I'll actually get up something that resembles a pretty sig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:28 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In a hamster cage and covered in Twinkle's glitter.
Name: Shamus Padfoot
Race: Anthropomorphous Cat
Class: Thief
Appearence: A wiry young man of average height covered in short black fur. The hair on his head has grown out to a handsome length and is worn in a pony tail. The fur on Shamus's chin grows out farther down like a short beard. Mirrored shades cover his red cat-like eyes. He usually wears a professional-looking black suit and tie, but when out at night on his raids, he wears a black jumpsuit, gloves, boots, and a light helmet, entirely covering himself. If you were to wear the helmet and find the secret switch on it, you would see that it has a complicated computer system in it that maps the terrain using old radar that appears as an overhead style map, glowing in a green grid in front of the wearer's left eye.
History: This humanoid's mother married a human private spacestation tycoon and migrated while he was a child, a few years after his biological father's death. His new father sent him imediately to a boarding school, where he was teased until he was merely desensitized to it all at an age of twelve. He discovered his night-time instincts and incredible reflexes as he started escaping every night to hear gossip in a nearby spaceport. He started winding up with a little extra spending money every day, and managed to regulate his spending to avoid confrontation. Now, Shamus has his own private house located no-one knows where. People assume his father gave him the money for his nice car, but in reality, his father left him with nothing. Odd, then, how he gets all this money. Being a cash-only person, he doesn't need to launder it. One major goal of his is to find a female criminal and stop stealing to settle down after one last raid that will always be remembered.
Criminal Record: He has been caught on cameras and sensors as a "ghost image". Strangely, he leaves behind no evidence of his planned thefts. No fibers, no images, no hairs. And yet, his patterns are followed by a detective who has racked his brain over this case, knowing it is all being done by one very talented burglar. A car is expertly boosted. A thin line of buildings spiraling through several neighborhoods are partially stripped of all small valuables such as jewelry, loose money, personal information, and weaponry. The pattern then stops at a bank robbed within the same night, and there it ends. No witnesses suspect the stolen car or its driver, so they do they identify the driver. With so little evidence against him, Shamus is one big unknown case. His obsessively planned successful heists earn his mysterious criminal identity as "The Phantasm". He now takes this experience into the galaxy, as he has found his planet far too easy to steal from and has no competiton to entertain him.
Perferred Weapons: Mui Thai and Kung Fu self-defense. He also carries a small stun gun for more pesky guards.
RPing Experience: Six years. It started in E-mail, which migrated to Yahoo Clubs. I then was on FF:WA for a short time. My roleplay wandered to a Shrine of Snape, and then to GamingW. I spend a lot of time on an Alice client RP, and made a reappearance at GamingW recently. I've been roleplaying in PPT for a fair while.

Hamriffic set by stampsyne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

A couple more characters, and we shall start :)

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett. Thanks to Blue for the set!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]