Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Other World ~Ryoko joined, so... CLOSED~
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:08 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In a hamster cage and covered in Twinkle's glitter.
This is based off of FFX, but in my own personal way. The storyline is totally different, and the characters you submit must be original or at least along those lines. I only want 3 males and 3 females in play, and I suggest the players are active. I also ask the ages range from 16 to 20. Introduce yourself in the same manner as I do along with your bios, at home doing something creative. I will then move the plot when I see fit.

<---------------------------------->

A curious mind, when untainted by the world (or at least escaping from it at the time), finds a nook and something basic, and gets to work. They strive on that thing, making it into a masterpiece. They have a world of their own, a place where the chaos is neatly rearranged by their own hands into a new and personally pleasant order. This is a world they can escape to, whether it is in a computer's harddrive, on a desk, or the contents of an entire room, they have a place to breathe fresh creative air.

Zanarkand is not an easy place to escape. There are many distractions for a mind here. It is a towering city with many outlets of entertainment, each one more exciting than the next. While in the day you'll see the occasional rush of people going to and from work, in the day, you will see crowds of idle people finding entertaining ways to pass the time. In the whole city, there are still a few that appreciate their own world. One of them quietly sat at home, smiling at the many stars in the sky. His hands moved patiently, painting a mirror of the lovely image in dreamier colors on a canvas imported from a distant land sketched neatly and still uncolored were six dragons, each one unique from the others.

Name: Fredrick Eisen
Personality: Patient perhaps to a fault, he doesn't seem to mind other people stepping all over him. He takes his time, and helps anyone in need, whether they deserve it or not. He does not judge anyone. When he desires, he knows exactly how to threaten or provoke who he deems worthy of such. He picks his fights, but when some one he cares for is on the line, he risks all.
Appearance: Black hair grows in tendrils to chin length. He has a moustache and a small triangular beard. He wears a large gray trenchcoat over his plain outfit, and a gray cavalier hat on his head and a pair of glasses over his gray eyes. Though he is slightly shorter than average, he still stands out and sometimes even parts crowds.
Weapon: A small round shield (buckler) strapped to his arm for defense, and a rapier sheathed at his waist.
History: Fredrick was born and raised in Zanarkand. He wiped out a small gang once in the defense of his sister last year, who only commit suicide in reaction that night. He stalked streets with a mercenary liscense on the nights he didn't paint or pluck a lap harp. His childhood is vague.

Hamriffic set by stampsyne

Last edited by lionheartwitty on Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:17 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

[Yes. I've never played FFX, nor heard of it. I hope you don't mind; this RP sounds interesting. ^.^

Name: Jon Grathe
Personality: A strong believer in luck, and charms. Doesnt believe in magic. Other than that, you'll find out.
Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes. Tall and slim. Wears a gold bracelet clamped around his wrist. He claims it "gives him safety and security".
Weapon: A steel scimitar sheathed in its... sheath at his waist. o.O Steel shield, with a red dragon on it. Posesses no magic or any voodoo "mumbo jumbo" (according to him). Says that it's lucky. Though, he says that everything he owns is lucky. So this isn't a great achievement.
History: Jon was born in Zanarkand, but not raised there. He left it to go someplace else, and even though it's hard to escape, he did it anyway (XD). Jon came back to Zanarkand when he was 15.]

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:04 am 

((I've also never played FFX, but this sounds intriguing, and I need to be more active on this site.))

Name: Saranda the Snake Girl
Personality: She is very calm and collected, with the ability to escape into her mind with the help of her snakes. She is no fighter. ((Hardly any of my characters are.))
Appearance: Her skin is a dark brown, her hair is short and crimson red. Her eyes are the color of emeralds, her eyelashes dark red. Tan stripes, like that on a snake, wind along her back, arms, legs, and jaw. She dresses in a red halter-like shirt, trimmed in black, made of silk. A matching short skirt falls from her hips, with a loop-belt made of solid gold securing it. Gold-colored strap sandals adorn her feet, the nails of which are painted red, as on her fingernails. Her earrings are large gold hoops, and she wears gold gauntlets decorated with two intertwining snakes. She can often be seen with a reticulated python and a black cobra wrapping around her.
Weapon: Her weapon is her black cobra, which is merely a defense system. Otherwise, she has no weapon, but for her own fists.
History: She comes from a desert, that much is sure. The rest, however, is unknown.

Image set by chipper
Eat dirt, everyone in the vicinity!!! -Jim Earthworm Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:28 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

||Funfunfun! Even if I've never played FFX||

Name: Eithne
[b]Personality:
Sly; cunning; devious, even evil have been used to describe her. However, this is only by people who know her very poorly. She has a sharp mind and uses it to her advantage. She's quick to action; with no tolerance for waiting around. Fierce and slightly temperamental at times, at others calm and void of emotion. The way some people suffer mood swings, Eithne suffers all-out personality swings. Devastaingly sarcastic.
Appearance: Lpcks of a raven hue cascade perfectly straight, falling to her lower back. A portion of these is often tied back with a navy ribbon; the rest left to hand free. Pale skin is made to apppear still paler by the dark cascade. Eyes are her most immediately striking feature; being of an intense grey shade. A slight, willowy figure would make her a ppear vulbereable,t hough she is quite the opposite. Classic garb consists of a sleeveless tunic of navy blue atop a white shirt with long, flowing sleeves. A long, sweeping skirt of navy rests elegantly below that, a silver sash tied about the waist as a belt. The long ends of the sash dangle behind her nearly as long as the skirt. Always barefoot.
Weapon: A slim dagger carved with elegant runes is tucked into her left boot as a last defense, but her main weapon is her glaive. It's handle is made of polished mahogany wood; the blade of solid silver with the same runes as her dagger.
History: To be revealed through RP.

||Hope it's ok that my char is a bit younger.||

Eithne let her mind wander, eyes focused blankly above. She lay sprawled on the cool, dense grass outside her home, staring upwards at the stars. The moon formed a heavenly crescent about her, its light the only thing that made her visible in the shadows of the night. It's glow fell too upon the white parchment at her side. The reflected light of the blank parchment shone persistently in her peripheral vision, a tugging feeling of anxiety growing steadily in the pit of her stomach. Finally she reeled her mind back down to earth long enough the flip herself over and grab her quill and parchment. Biting her tongue softly, she began to write. In her state of half-consciousness, the poetry flowed smoothly and without thought, catching the simple magic, the essence of her surroundings. In a state of surreal peace, she captured the light of the stars above her, the cool touch of the grass, the murmurings of the breeze....she captured them and tucked them into her neat calligraphy, setting them into the no-longer blank parchment.

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Last edited by .:Requiem:. on Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Other World ~Open~
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:03 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

lionheartwitty wrote:
Introduce yourself in the same manner as I do along with your bios, at home doing something creative. I will then move the plot when I see fit.

((I suggest those that signed up follow the instructions now. Better late than never, I guess. :P ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Gasps! You've all never heard or played FFX? That was the first FF game I played and is my second favourite (the first being its sequel).))

Name: Callet Varmont
Personality: Happy, perky and almost always hyperactive. She's bouncy and cheerful to the extreme.

Appearance: Honey-brown hair with streaks of platinum blonde and pale gold, some of these streaks are braided and have silver beads dangling from them, her hair also reaches her waist. Bright emerald green eyes. Her skin has a golden tan and she is very thin and agile. Callet wears a top made of white leather, it has a high straight collar which is clasped together by a piece of silver metal, it is cut away in a V-shape at the bottom and the back tapers to a point just above the back of her knees. Her pants are tight and go to just above her knees, they're also made of white leather. Her high-heeled boots reach just below her knees, they're made of soft white leather and have many silver clasps, belts and small chains covering them. She wears fingerless white leather gloves which go to halfway between her wrist and elbow. A delicate black tattoo made up of intricately designed swirls and symbols forms a ring around her navel. Another tattoo, similar to the first, forms a ring around her upper left arm. And another tattoo, like the first two, forms a chain along the right side of her face, from her forehead along her cheek and neck to her collarbone.

Weapon: A delicate curved sword made of blue crystal. A button on the hilt allows the sword to change into a whip. The whip is similar to the sword, also blue crystal it is made up of many diamond-like pieces which are interlocked by a magical force. She also wears a ring on the middle finger of her left hand, it too is made of blue crystal, this uses magic to defend her.

History: Callet lives on an Airship which flies all around Zanarkand. Her mother died when she was young and her father, Erenzar, has taken care of her ever since.

Callet sat at her lovely desk made of smooth, polished glass. She peered out of her window and looked at Zanarkand from above. The stars could scarcely be seen at this time of night, the lights from all the glowing signs usually wouldn't be a problem but tonight was a special night. The Blitzball dome was alight with a million fans waiting at the entrance gates to see the match. The hoses began to activate and soon the Blitz sphere was being flooded with litres upon litres of water. Callet smiled, her father had deliberately "parked" their Airship here. He always made sure that when a Blitz match was on her bedroom window faced the dome.

But tonight Callet didn't feel like watching the match. She didn't even feel like sketching the players as they twisted and turned through the water, Blitzball sweeping from fingers to shoot through the brightly lit goal. She looked down upon her sketchpad, studying the figures she had drawn. A woman, roughly her age, dressed in a brightly sequined outfit holding a microphone. And a man, a few years older than her, perhaps in his early twenties, wearing a leather outfit with many chains and belts clutching an overly large sword.

Who were these people? Callet honestly didn't know. They weren't celebrities, or friends. One was obviously a Songstress, the other a Warrior, but apart from that they weren't anyone that she knew. They were simply there. They were simply.... adventurers.

((0_o Okay, this Flu has got me in a weird mood. But I had fun designing Callet. I was thinking a little about Rikku when I thought of her, but apart from that she's original with a capital 'O', hehehe..... :roll: Okay, I think it's back to bed for Ria :P ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:08 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((Time for the introduction of the plot, starting the RP. Pay attention, it's like a little quiz at the end. :D ))

Zanarkand Attacked

Jon Grathe
Jon sipped a sweet nonalcoholic drink at a bar. It had been a "lucky" day for him. The girl next to him had given him the drink and smiled at him. She was doing that again now. She then pulled a sleeve back. "These are my lucky Rosaries," she said as she revealed a wrist completely covered in the old-fashioned prayer beads. Each relegious bracelet also had a crusifix on it. "Take a rosary, you'll need more luck where you're going," she said, handing him one before he could speak. She then disappeared. "Where... I'm going?" Jon half gaped. He clasped the rosary in his hand. It was real, but the girl had literally vanished. Perhaps it was lucky after all. He put it on his wrist. Just as he did so, a large chunk of carved stone smashed into the bar right in front of him. He sighed with relief. Lucky again. But as he looked up, he saw a few taller buildings starting to slowly collaspe. He was starting to doubt his "luck" now as dozens of small pod-like objects slammed into the ground all round him. Large insect-like creatures hatched imediately and glared at the nearest human. Most of them fled for their lives, screaming. Jon drew his scimitar. He was surrounded, so he would have to fight his way out.

Saranda
Saranda wandered along an alley, watching her cobra as it hunted for vermin, when the ground started rocking. The cobra slithered up her leg and wrapped around it instinctively for its safety. Her boa wrapped around her upper body then looked up, oddly. Saranda turned her head up to see what it was looking at. A large disgusting being was hovering in a ball of water that reminded her of a blitzball stadium. It was nonchalantly destroying Upper Zanarkand. Saranda nonchalantly watched. She then stepped aside to avoid assorted stonework. Buildings on the end were leaning in, ready to crush her part of town. She ran to the road to Upper Zanarkand for her safety, though by the looks of it, there were other risks there, as that was where the destruction was beginning.

Eithne
((I'm going to pick on this character and make her a blitzball player since she's younger. Read carefully, its actually cool. Also, go for an outfit that befits the sport, Requiem.))

Eithne swam through the sphere of water towards her position. Blitzball players never needed to come up for air in water, it was a either genetic trait or a magical one, depending on the circumstances. The girl was respected as the youngest blitzer for a reason. Blitzball is much like soccer, only it is in a sphere of water. As the ball was launched from the center of the floor, Eithne wasted no time at all. She snapped forward, twisting to the left and grabbing the ball from right in front of the opposing front center player. She then swam to the left as planned, evading the front left defense by taking him by surprise. Her teammate, Pascal, was open as planned. She quickly passed the ball, taking the whole front defense by surprise again. Pascal rushed towards the goal while Eithne rushed to the center. Pascal passed the ball to the team captain, a man by the nickname of Terror. Eithne found her spot to the right of the opposing goalie. As Terror shot, the goalie bumped it away with his elbow. The rebound perfectly sailed through the water towards Eithne, who kicked it back and past the goalie. The blitzball slammed into the transparent shield, stretching it a little as it caught the powerful shot, and the buzzer rang, indicating the score. Eithne merely smirked. Blitzball was in her blood. She looked up imediately to react to a movement of the water. She saw a massive creature-like thing covering most of the sky. She then looked to the crowd, which was mobbing towards the exits. She was the first player swimming to the airloack, but to no avail. The water around her began to lose its form as the stadium started to crumble. She swam up towards a support that was still standing, and grabbed it as the water fell away, almost pulling her down with it. She then looked for a way down, and found none. So Eithne clambered onto the horizontal support and lied down. Maybe some one would help her. She felt her grip slipping. At least the pool of water under her would break her fall.

Fredrick Eisen
Fredrick had been watching the blitzball game in the Zanarkand Abes Historical Building near the stadium. He was now watching the new star player dangle from a horizontal support on the display panel. Fredrick turned and smashed open a display case. He then pulled out a very old grapnel and rope, and an oversized sword. He strapped the sword to his back just in case, then walked quietly to the elevator. The trip down was quiet, except for the elevator music. Fredrick patiently tapped his foot to it, humming to himself. The elevator stopped, and Fredrick stepped out. He was greeted by an insect monster two thirds of his hieght. It looked hungry as it spread its flightlest wings and raised its front legs to strike. Fredrick drew his rapier from his waist and ran into it, neatly skewering it on the way to the broken blitzball field. He cleaned his blade on an abandoned towel as he ran, and sheathed the rapier. He then swung the old grapnel up in a simple motion. It connected with the horizontal support and held. He then heard some screaming up above, and a loud crash. He turned to see an airship just barely balancing on the historical building. The new star player of the Zanarkand Abes was on her own climbing down the rope, now, as the stranger ran away. He entered the elevator, skewering another unexplained insect along the way, and tapped his foot patiently to the music again.

Callet
Callet held herself over the window and tried not to panic. The airship had turned on its side and crashed into a tall building on one side of the stadium. Things weren't looking good. Suddenly, a large blade shot through the window, tearing it neatly through. It then retracted. "Jump down onto the roof," a voice commanded. She took a breath and leapt, landing neatly on the roof. She then looked at the man who had spake. He pointed at her sword, "You'll be needing that now." Just as he said this, the airship was sucked up into the air. Callet watched with horror as it was smashed by the winds, and the debris was pulled up into the great beast destroying the city. "Father!" she wailed. But just then, she heard a grunt and a loud clang behind her. She turned and saw that the stranger in gray was surrounded by large insect-like creatures. He killed then one at a time with the oversized single-bladed sword. Callet also saw a ruined rapier on the ground. Its sheath had also been discarded. She drew her own sword as several pod-like objects planted themselves around her. They each hatched, revealing fresh spawn. They were hungry.

Zanarkand's Destruction

Everyone in the city stopped what they were doing suddenly, even the spawn. Something very bad was going to happen. The spawn knew what it was, and ran for hiding spots. Just then, a ray of blinding light struck Upper Zanarkand. Buildings, cars, and people all shot up into the sky. Chunks of the foundation crushed the buildings of Lower Zanarkand, then whole buildings crashed down onto the lower city, destroying nearly everything. Smaller debris was pulled into the beast, several humans amongst it. The great beast than shot another beam at the city. A shock wave cascaded through whatever remained, scattering it all about. Zanarkand was now thoroughly destroyed. Its ruins poked up from flood water like broken toys.

Other World

Fredrick raised his head first. This had been a lousy day, but he had the comfort that things probably wouldn't get much worse. He expected to be in the belly of a beast, but instead he was looking at crumbled old ruins. It looked like Zanarkand, only it had several hundreds of years of decay on it. He didn't know that he was a thousand years in the future. He only knew that he was lying on a rock that was probably a piece of Upper Zanarkand's foundation at one point. He looked around. There were four strangers lying around him. One of them was the girl from the airship. Another had snakes wrapped around her. One was the new star player for the Zanarkand Abes. Another was a man clutching a shield and a scimitar. Fredrick sat up and watched them breathe. They would wake soon. ((We're all in the same place now.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jon slowly opened his eyes. He blinked, trying to clear the,. His vision was blurry, but his blinking has cleaned the eye, and he could see again. Looking around, he noted that he was in a place with four other people, three of whom were seemingly asleep, one of which was looking around at them.

He stood hastily, almost tripping over in the process. He threw his shield to the ground, grabbed the Rosaries in his left hand, and held his scimitar up in his right.

"Don't come near me!" he shouted at Fredrick. "This is my lucky scimitar, and I have never lost a battle."

Well, it was true. Jon had never lost a battle. He'd only fought one, and that was against his thirteen year old nephew, who was scared of him. Of course, the man in front of him didn't need to know that.

"Why have you brought me here?" Jon shouted. "I want out, and I don't mind killing you to get out!" He cast his hand over the three sleeping people around him. "Are these your captives, or your cronies?"

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:12 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Fredrick merely laughed, but his face became serious afterwards. "If any of us are captives, we all are. We're survivors. I only know that one of them is the new star player of the Zanarkand Abes..." he gestured to Eithne, "And one of them is from an airship that was hovering near the stadium," he then gestured to Callet. "And if you're lucky, you'll be lucky enough to realize that I mean you no harm and might help you survive on this rock if you don't kill me first." Fredrick stood to his full height and adjusted his round buckler neatly. He then extended a gloved hand to the stranger. "My name is Fredrick Eisen."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:03 pm 

The gentle hissing of the python (Virginia) near her ear awoke Saranda. She sat with a groan, cradling her head in one hand, stroking her cobra (Raoul) with the other. "Were...were am I?" she murmured, her head pounding. "I...I remember falling stones...and...oh, my head..." She looked up at the two men. "Huh..?"

Image set by chipper
Eat dirt, everyone in the vicinity!!! -Jim Earthworm Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Oooooo, the beginning of FFX, and the destruction of Zanarkand! How awesome! Oh, and since we're in FFX time now, rather than Zanarkand time, I'd classify Callet as Al Bhed. Of course in her time she wasn't, but I'm sure any strangers we encounter will mistake her for one.))

Everything was black, and her head was spinning with pain. Very, very slowly, Callet began to open eyes. When they were fully open she blinked a few times, she then moved her head around slightly and took in her surroundings. Her whole body was splayed against a large slab of rock and ruins filled everything around her. Strange trails of shimmering light swirled around the ruins and her memory slowly came back to her. She pulled herself up slowly, bringing her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around them.

Callet then looked up, she saw one person still unconscious and quickly recognised her as a new star Blitzball player. Another girl, with strange snakes wrapped around her, was sitting, holding her head gently. Then there were two men. One was holding a sword ready in a battle stance, the other was talking calmly to him, that had been the man who saved her from the airship. Wincing in pain, Callet thought about the fact that she was now an orphan. She then suddenly shook her head, No, she thought, There's no use dwelling on my situation now. I did that too much when mother passed away. I've just got to get on with my life and deal with whatever happens.

Callet carefully lifted herself up, taking a moment to shake out her sore limbs. She then walked over to the two men. Reaching out a gloved hand to the man who had saved her from the airship she smiled brightly, "Hiya! I'm Callet Varmont.... where the heck are we?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:44 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Fredrick looking into Callet's eyes a moment, his way of seeing if she was alright. He seemed satisfied as he gestured widely, saying one simple word, "Zanarkand."

LilEdit: Please write at least three sentences of role play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:28 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Eithne finally came to. Groggily she opened her eyes, immediately squeezing them shut again. A moment later she opened them again, blinking rapidly to clear her vision.

Slowly she raised herself into a sitting position, wincing as her head throbbed with pain, swimming momentarily in dizziness. Looking around, she was startled to see people gathered around her. Ignoring them for the moment, she focused on her surroundings. It looked like....Zanarkand. But in ruins. Well, that sort of stands to reason she thought, vague memories floating dreamily around her weary mind.

Finally she turned to focus on the other people, none of whom hasd yet spoken to her. She saw two other girls; and two men. One of the men held a scimitar and shield, standing in a battle stance. The other seemed quite calm. One of the girls had snakes wound around her, the other seemed to be speaking to the calm man.

Eithne shook her head slightly, then regretted it as it throbbed again with pain. Trusting her voice not to fail her, she spoke softly. "Where are we?"

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:12 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jon sheathed his sword, and put his hand forward to shake the other man's. "Sorry for threatening you," he said apologetically. "It was meant to be my lucky day today, and it wasn't." He sighed.

Turning to Eithne, he said, "It would seem we are in Zanarkand. Though where in Zanarkand evades me."

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Last edited by Anubis on Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:53 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Fredrick surveyed a sort of path poking out of the water. It led to a building that was still partially standing. "Stay here in case help comes," he said as he ran, jumping from one stone structure to another. He entered the building hastily, only to come out again and make his way back just as quickly. "Well, that was the stadium. But the radio room rusted completely out. Zanarkand steel is good for a few hundred years in the wet. So now we know where in Zanarkand we are, but the question is... when." Before anyone could respond to Fredrick, there was the sound of an unfamiliar loud horn blaring in the distance. It came from an odd-looking steel ship that appeared large enough for a couple dozen souls.

"If we're really from the future ((This was an OOC mistake, I meant past)))... I'm going to pretend I don't know where I am or how I got here. You four can do whatever you want," Fredrick finished. He then looked to the four. The girl with the snakes was interesting. The former star player of the Zanarkand Abes had potential. The young man with the scimitar was decent. Callet appeared to be easy to work with. He looked them over fast enough to continue speaking seemlessly. "...but if you want my opinion, I think we should work together."

Last edited by lionheartwitty on Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next