Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Alliance [Open--Sides][Begun]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

In the old days, when Tyros was young and prosperous, it was ruled not by a single monarch, but by a group of representatives, one from each race. The elves of Light, Wind, Darkness, Fire, Stone, Water, and Moon all lived together in peace and prosperity, governed by the High Council.

So it was for many centuries. Unbeknownst to all, the seeds of mutiny had been sown many hundreds of years ago, when Tyros was first born. It began with the Fyore. For nearly a century the cunning elves of Fire had been plotting, carefully planning the downfall of the Council so that they may seize power for themselves. Whispers of mutiny began spreading through the Council, untraceable to their origin from the Fyore representatives. Soon the Miaryn were convinced that the Maenyr had long been plotting their downfall, and an attack was launched against the innocent Maenyr.

The Miaryn had the support of the Anderr and the Kilthos, and soon the entire Maenyr race was sent into exile. The Fyore took this planned opportunity. While the Miaryn busied themselves with destroying the Maenyr, the Fyore had been gathering allies in the form of the Siairre, a powerful race. Since the beginning of the Fyore’s plan, the Siairre had been training warriors and building up their armies in preparation for the battle to come. Soon the combine forces of Siairre and Fyore had seized power.

The Miaryn, cast into shadow by the joint tyranny, realized the Fyore’s plan. They begged the assistance of the Dunaer, people of Shadow, and soon had formed an army to rival the Fyore and Siairre’s. The tyrants were overthrown. Sure that the falsely accused Maenyr had given the Miaryn the power to destroy them, the Fyore turned their fury on the Moon elves, casting the race still further into despair and ruin.

The wars continued for many years, until at last a new order of rule had been established. Under the shaky rule, Tyros no longer prospered. The element of peace that gave the land it’s fertility had been destroyed, and the world was cast into shadow. ||Post ‘Light from Shadow’ in the ‘other’ section of your bio.||

As the last piece of hope seemed to perish from Tyros, a seer approached the Miaryn leader with a prophecy:

The balance is gone
But light carries on
Anguish is here
But Tyrants must fear

Cast into despair
But Light must beware
Light from the dark
Victory will mark

Gone from the land
But at shadow’s hand
Will march to the light
With you there to fight

Descendants let free
The children shall be
Companions and friends
And tyranny ends

Beware from the moon
My prophecy, soon
Will bring new life to all
When Light tyrants fall

The cryptic words of the seer were interpreted as mutiny, and she was slain by the Miaryn. It was thought that the prophecy had died with her, but though her words had never been heard by other than the Miaryn lord, an uprising was soon to take place.

The Balance of Power

MIARYN

KILTHOS, ANDERR

DUNAER, SIAIRRE, FYORE

MAENYR (outcast)

Races

Miaryn:
Elves of Light. Skin hues generally ranging from fair to lightly tanned, the Miaryn seem to radiate with an inner light. Generally of the opinion that they are above other races. The Miaryn tradition dictates that an elf’s power lies in his or her hair, and for that reason the fair hair of the Miaryn is richly and elaborately decorated and done. Golden eyes are a defining feature of the race.

Kilthos: Elves of Earth. Skin tones of any color, though hair is always a shade of brown or, in rare cases, green. Generally a calm people, it takes a lot to get a Kilthos elf riled up. The most distinguishing feature of the Kilthos is the fact that the have wings. Females wings resemble a butterfly’s, male’s a dragonfly. Only in very rare cases are the generally gauzy appendages good for flying.

Anderr: Elves of Water. Anderr are most comfortable in their seaside habitat; any extended period away from water leaves them very weak. They have the ability to alternate between legs and a tail. Their skin tones vary, but their hair is always a shade of black, blue, or green.

Dunaer: Elves of Darkness. Skin tones are generally very pale, though hair is always black or deep purple. Dunaer have the ability to hide themselves from one—and only one—of the senses of another being, be it sight, sound, touch, etc.

Siairre Elves of Wind. Skin tones are always fairly light, hair is generally a pale shade of blue, though it can also be blonde or pale green. The Siairre are a mysterious people, and rarely make contact with any other race. They have the ability to make themselves lighter at will, letting them be carried on the wind. Though they cannot control the wind outright, they can, for the most part, alter their direction when floating.

Fyore: Elves of Flame. Both skin tone and hair color vary greatly, though green and blonde hair are rarely , if ever, found in a Fyore. They are a very social race, taking great comfort in elven contact, though they are also quite hotheaded. The most common ability found in Fyore is the ability to make small things burst into flame or heat up, though the very rare Fyoren (singular) can summon fire from thin air, for use as a shield or weapon.

Maenyr Elves of the Moon. Skin tone is generally pale, with hair of varying shades of blue or silver. All records of the Maenyr were destroyed after the Miaryn seized power, and even the mention of the race was punishable by death after the Seer foretold their defeat of the Miaryn. They are blessed with psychic abilities. Most can read a weak mind like a book, and very very few can control small objects for a short amount of time using their minds.

Characters

After the fall of the Seer, an uprising began among the races. The line of the original High Council representatives had been continued, but all direct descendants had been taken prisoner, held hostage in a cell in the Miaryn High Palace. After the words spoken by the seer, an escape route was constructed. In the darkness of night, a Dunaer descendant stole from the cell, carrying 6 babies. Using her power to shroud herself, she made her way with the children to the mountain valley where the Maenyr lived in exile. There she collapsed, and the Maenyr village took in the children, following the words of their own seer. These children, and one from the Maenyr village, were raised together until the day would come when they would leave the Valley of the Moon and travel to the Miaryn High Palace to fulfill their destiny.

Mmmkay. Surely you get it by now. We get to play the kids. Fun, huh? Alright. Maenyr is taken by me, but the others are yours for the taking. No need to PM me your bios, but I except only decent-quality RPers. Ages should be between 13 and 17. The Maenyr character must be the youngest. Yes, there is a Miaryn character.

RULES

>No Mary-Sues. I can’t stand them
>Race information is there for a reason. Use it.
>Stay active, please
>Inform me if you’ll be gone for any period of time
>Other normal forum rules

Bios

Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality:
Other:

Depending on popularity, I may allow side characters. PM me if you’re interested.

I’ll post my bio in a bit, and we’ll be started once all the main positions are taken.

Name: Eithne
Race: Maenyr
Appearance: Stunning, according to Maenyr qualities of beauty. Long locks of navy fall in gentle waves to her lower back, thin strands of silver interwoven in the blue. Pale skin is further accentuated by the dark hues of her hair. Eyes of silver contain a mysterious fire, as though moonlight itself were contained in them. Delicate features, the stereotypical elven face; with high cheekbones and elegant, pointed ears. Thin eyebrows have a natural arch, giving her a perpetual look of disbelief. Small, even for her young age. Petite figure would give the illusion of frailty or vulnerability, though any who thought she was 'easy prey' would be quite mistaken. A sleeveless tunic of navy rests over a thin shirt of white, with long, sweeping sleeves. A long skirt of the same navy blue hue is embroidered with an intricate pattern of moon and stars along the side. A sash of silver is tied around her waist as a belt, the ends hanging behind her, nearly as long as her skirt. Always barefoot.
Personality: Suffers from personailty swings in the same fashin that others may suffer mood swings. Rarely happy, but often good-natured, particularly around the other Destined.
Other:Foretold to be Light From Shadow...

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Last edited by .:Requiem:. on Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Oh thank you Requiem for reserving me a spot- It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside ;) ))

Bios

Name: Rae
Race: Miaryn
Appearance: The epitome of light beauty in her race, or in any. She has fair as fair skin, and shimmering gold eyes. The inner light that seems to radiate within her radiates outside of her as well, through her shimmering blonde hair. A hair between platinum and a solid gold, a perfect shade. It is always elaboratly done, as is the way of the Miaryn. She often has colorful ribbons, embroidered with jewels winding through her twists and styles.
Personality: Rae is as sweet and as delicate as light itself. Her beauty reflects her soft inner self, with a core of stregnth and determination. She is kind and concerning, but a leader at heart. She has two clashing personalities- one of softness, kindess, and gentleness and one of harshness, determination, and leadership. This combination is like sunlight, strong yet gentle. She is accepting of others and loves learning. She is intelligent, and witty- but occasionally a bit too witty for her own good.
Other: Light From Shadow

Original Joined Date: November 30th, 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:10 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

[Name: Paradox (I'll try and think up a better name at school; I've only just woken -.-)
Race: Fyore
Appearance: Tanned skin. Short black hair, cropped to about his ears, but comes down at the back. Elvish ears. His eyes are pale blue, almost grey. When angered, his eyes glow bright red, and his mouth turns down, brow furrowed. It's quite scary. He has a red stone set into his hand. Even he does not know what stone it is, or what it is there for. He always wears a hat - the same one.
Personality: So far: Paradox is a very lazy male, with only three important things in his life. His hat is first, himself second, and his friends third. When teased about his hat, or if it is used against him, he moans. (Have any of you ever read Five on Finniston Farm? If yes, he's almost exactly like Junior, but not quite as annoying.) He can't get up too early in the morning, as he will be grouchy all day, and very taciturn. Known to be hot tempered, moany, boring, lazy and obsessed with his hat.
Other: Foretold to be a Light From Shadow. XD Can only make small things burst into flame, and can heat things up. This is only when he is full of energy, though; if he is exhausted, he cannot use his magic. He is clever when he wants to be, however, and can learn to manipulate his magic to bend to his will. He can only do this, however, if he has a teacher to instruct him how.

I'll finish my bio later. *yawn* Need to go to school.

Oh, and 1000th post. :)]

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Last edited by Anubis on Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:20 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Name: Lierel
Race: Dunaer
Appearance: Very pale with long dark purple hair tied into a braid. She normally wears a cloak to hide her features so as to not cause any trouble with others who might not like her kind. Her eyes shine almost like bright topazs when looked upon.
Personality: Past her somewhat mean demenor is a kind and sweet girl who only wants to help others.
Other: Will come in time.

(hope this works)

Please somone sign up with this an help me out to get KH2

http://freevideogames.peel.com/refer.php?l=fvg11221945rrygy

Last edited by Meiou on Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: in the past, the present and longing for the future
Ehhh I'll give this a try :P

Name:Enya
Race:Siairre
Appearance:Fair skin, blond hair with light blue streaks. Her hais if often tied up and carries a clear orb around her waist.
Personality:Her personality is quite unknown, she is mysterious and quiet. She likes spending most of her time on her own, or with animals and is keen to learn. She is mostly calm and tranquil, although there are times that she is easily angered.
Other: Light from Shadow

memories of yesterday; because you've left me at the beginning

Last edited by _jaye_ on Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:59 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Darn! I wanted the Dunaer elf *pouts*))

Name: Issai
Race: Kilthos
Appearance: Lightly tanned skin, long dark brown hair with natural honey brown highlights. Hazel eyes. A light brown tunic over a long sleeved white shirt and dark brown three-quarter pants. She also wears dark brown steel-toed boots. A long piece of dark green fabric goes over the tunic from her knees, over her shoulders, to the back of her knees. This fabric is embroidered with gold patterns. Her wings are mostly black with large patches of gold, orange, red and green.
Personality: Happy and cheerful, Issai is very calm and always forgives anyone who does anything wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:15 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: A land full of joy and happiness, and happiness and joy.
((Sorry to bother you I'm a scatter brains today ^_^))

[URL=http://randomness.talonz.com/smf]ImageImage
Set by WIS/Button by TS.
Join a werewolf game! Click here![/URL]

Last edited by .:Compact Disk:. on Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Alliance [Open]
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:16 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

CD?

.:Requiem:. wrote:
Maenyr is taken by me but the others are yours for the taking.

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:47 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

_jaye_ wrote:
Ehhh I'll give this a try :P

Name:Enya
Race:Siairre
Appearance:Fair skin, blond hair with light blue streaks. Her hais if often tied up and carries a clear orb around her waist.
Personality:Her personality is quite unknown, she is mysterious and quiet. She likes spending most of her time on her own, or with animals and is keen to learn. She is mostly calm and tranquil, although there are times that she is easily angered.

||You....stole...my name! Only...you spelled it phonetically instead of the real way. *dies*||

.:Chronically Depressed:. wrote:
Name: Xeres
Race: Maenyr
Appearance: He has pale skin, his hair is silvery and shoulder length
Personality: He is very Introvert, keeps himself to himself. (More will come out in the RP)
Other: (Light From Shadow) He doesn't have much psycic ability, he can just about read a strong minded person. He ofter wonder who his real parents are.

Please read ALL the rules, if you would.
Sorry, but unless you meet my requirements the first time, I'm going to have to strike you from the RP. No hard feelings, I hope.

LilEdit: Please don't double post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((trying my hand at water elves))
Name: Isaac
Race: Anderr
Appearance: His skin is generally a sort of medium brown, mixed with a bit of green. from his lower eye lids comes a thick blue stripe that spreads from his eye to mid-cheek, a blue stripe of the same shade travels down his sharp nose, and a stripe from his lower lip to the end of his square chin. His eyes are hazel, his long hair that falls messiy to his shoulders is such dark green it is almost black, streaked with lighter green. He wears navy blue colored pants and tunic, with a black jacket over the tunic that is far too big for him. When his legs are a tail, the scales are metallic navy, the fins are semi-transperant green. He has the beginnings of a mustache and beard. His ears are very long and pointed, the left carries a large siver hoop. His fingers are long and thin, yet slightly webbed, giving him the ability to swim without a tail if he desires. He is quite tall, about six feet, but very thin and fraile looking.
Personality: He is very queit and calm, but when harrassed or angered too much, he is a dangerous foe.
Other: (light from shadows) He spends many of his days just staring at the sea, pondering the mysteries of life. He is generally useless in a fight or situation that requires strategy. He has a very short attention span, and thinks more then talks. Many times he will begin a sentence, but never finish it.

Set by Scholastic, winner of my set contest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:38 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

||That's everyone. It's still open to side characters, but let'us begin!||

Eithne woke with a start. Faint sunlight slanted through the trees, dappling the ground around her; she'd chosen to sleep outside, as she did on most warm nights. Even before her sleep-clogged mind had fully cleared, one thought pierced the haze of morning slowness--Today was the day! Today, the day that morked the official start of summer, she and her fellow Destined would begin their long journey to the Miaryn High Palace!

She scrambled upright, freeing herself from the thin blanket. She changed quickly in the shelter of the trees, then ran quickly to the hut she shared witht he other Destined, hoping to find at least one of them still there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Rae had awoken a few hours ealier, not being able to sleep with her excitement. She saw Eithne and grinned, running outside to greet her.
"Hello, this is so exciting!" she said, almost breathlessly. Her inner light seemed especially bright this morning and her hair was already done, beautifully and extravagent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:51 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Paradox yawned and stretched out, almost falling out of the tree he had been sleeping in, with his hat over his eyes. He could never sleep without that hat. Some people had soft toys, Paradox had a hat.

He grabbed the nearest branch to stop himself falling, and pulled himself back up. He saw Eithne run past and said, "Hey, Eithne! Eithne!"

He leant over a bit too far while shouting her, and he felt himself falling. Soon, he fell right out of the tree, and, failing to grab a decent branch (he grabbed one, but it snapped), fell on his back.

"Oww..." he muttered.

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:52 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Eithne, gleeful with excitement, practically barrelled into Rae, wraping her in a hug. Her pale skin was flushed with joy, eyes glittering happily.

"Isn't it!?" She danced around Rae, ribbons at the baack of her dress twriling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

"Yes it i---" Rae stopped suddenly, "Paradox!" she yelled, running over to him. She stood over him, concerned. "Are you okay?!" She held out her hand, hoping to help him up, her eyes worried.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next