Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((Sorry about my abscence, was very busy. Some work and concerning stuff. :p Hey, Artemis, Espoir, don't forget Puk! :p))

Puk watched over the scene, it had a few days.. or more, he couldn't really remember, since the battle. Time had floated past. The remaining Whitepools had gathered at the side of the lake, talking about how to refill it, and what happened. But most of the time, there had been silence. Silence, for those that had been lost. Lost, but never forgotten.

Though all knew what pact Puk had closed and finally said him goodbye. Some part of him, though not the same physical way as the selkie had, had been lost during that day of battle. He couldn't quite pinpoint it. But yet..

Silentfull he watched the other faeries celebrate, rejoice. But he himself, quite un-Puk-like didn't join the scene.

He heard the noises of hoofes on the underground of the leavy cliff he stood upon.

"Come," the black horse said, "we leave now, as there is yet many things we have to achieve."

Puk nodded, slowly turning away from the scene, following the Prince. The Prince stood silent on the cliff for a while, looking for something or someone. Finally, his gaze halted, looking upon the centaur or maybe the faerie with the songbird or the now-human selkie.

"Until we meet again, for I have foreseen we certainly will."

With those words, he turned around, disappearing in the forest with Puk.

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Artemis was about to answer Senya when she heard the Prince of the Kelpies speak to her, or Espoir, she wasn't really sure which. Puk followed close behind the Prince, no doubt off to pay his debt for calling the great warrior to aid him. "I'll be back in a moment," she whispered rushedly to Senya before galloping after the two creatures.

"Puk! Wait!" she called out as she galloped up the slope. She smiled when the kelpie turned to face her and gently placed her hand on his small head. Ruffling his tangled mane with her fingers she used her other hand to take a necklace from around her neck and gently placed it around the kelpie's instead. "You're a very brave creature kelpie, a very brave, and very foolish creature. You'll always be remembered, and I expect to get that necklace back someday. Until then, take care of yourself, and don't go dragging too many young fairies into lakes okay?"

Patting him a few times on the head, Artemis slowly walked back down to Senya and Espoir. She smiled at the young fairies. And then remembered Senya's unanswered question, "Espoir, you may come with us too if you wish. And you may both stay for as long as you wish to."

Smiling lightly, Artemis began walking towards the camp, "You'd best hurry up. We'll be leaving soon, so now's the last time you'll be able to say goodbye."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
((Er. Expect a really bad finishing post below this little note. I couldn't decide who on Earth Ilmena was going to be- at first, I thought, "Oooh, Guenevere! *Cackle*", but I realized shortly after that that wouldn't be a good idea, as I know very, very little about Arthurian myth, so I'd probably screw something up or whatever.

Then I briefly toyed with the idea of making her Morgan le Faye, but, well. I can't really do that, as I'd be making a character that's quite resolutely good into one of the most famous evil female characters. So not that.

After that, I was very much, "OMG LET'S MAKE ILMENA LADY ELAINE BECAUSE SHE WAS ALL COOL AND SHE WAS LIKE, "WOAH, LANCELOT. YOU'RE HOT. I LOVE YOU, LANCELOT. LOVE ME, MY LOVE OF HOT LOVE." AND THEN HE WAS LIKE, "GET AWAY FROM ME." AND SHE WAS ALL, "WOE!!! ANGST!!! TRAGIC LOVE!!! SOME MORE WOE!!! *Kills self and leaves instructions for her body to be paraded about in a way that will very definitely make dreamy-boy (Lancelot) feel very, very bad about rejecting her love. Stupid prancing fairy boy.*" Clearly, I realized within a mental sentence or so that that was not a good idea.

And then I thought, "MORGAUSE." but immediately rejected that thought, because, well, Morgause was Arthur's half-sister and then, uh, you know. They did some rather PPT-inappropriate things (possibly while under the influence of a spell, probably cast by the one and only Morgan) that resulted in her then having his illegitamte inbred son, who then killed him on the battlefield (but right before killing him, or at least fatally wounding him, he was fatally wounded by Arthur, so that was such a nice, happy family, wasn't it? I love Arthurian myth. :) ). So, um, no.

My brain hurts. :(

*Runs off to think up ideas and maybe try to save her little plotline*))

((Finally found some idea stored in a crevice of my head. So here you go.))

Ilmena cursed under her breath (ignoring the disproving glances of the other ladies-in-waiting as she did so) as she stabbed herself with a needle. Again. For the fourth time in ten minutes. The she-couldn't-even-remember-because-the-number-was-so-high time she'd done since coming to Camelot.

Which was six hours ago.

At this rate, her fingers would fall off in less than a week's time. Damn.

Well, at least she'd still be able to stare at Lancelot without fingers. It was quite obvious why the Queen was having an affair with him, really.

----------

Her journey back to Earth was, to say the least, interesting.

Well, the actual journey wasn't very remarkable- just the fifteen minutes after bridging the gap between the Otherworld and Earth.

Apparently, she'd passed out and started hallucinating. At least, that was what the healer (her carriage driver had found one upon discovering his passenger was dead to the world) had said.

All Ilmena remembered were vivid memories of her life before stumbling into the Otherworld.

Which really weren't very note-worthy, really. The only truly interesting thing she could now remember was that her two true parents were dead, the victims of an out-of-control fire. She'd run away- small child or not, she could still feel that something bad had happened.

She'd also found out that her parents were both mages, and that they'd lived in a small town that was fairly normal, aside from one thing- every human in the place had magic.

Upon waking, Ilmena had strongly wanted to pay the carriage driver on the spot and set out on her own towards the magical village, but she knew that it wasn't a wise idea, so simply explained to the her driver that her fainting as just being something that happened to any mage when they moved between the Otherworld and Earth. Which wasn't necessarily a lie- she didn't know that it wasn't something that happened.

But even so- she went along with her original plan: she went to Avalon.

That, it turned out, was a really stupid plan. It wasn't a place that one could simply ride a carriage to- no, you could get there by boat and then find your way along a maze of overgrown trails that weren't really trails at all. Besides, she knew she'd never be able to travel alone, with her enormously heavy trunk (she'd tried to lighten the weight of everything she packed, but was unsuccessful), without magic- she'd promised the healer she wouldn't, not until she was either in Avalon, Camelot, or anywhere that was strong enough in magic that her magical energy stores could recuperate- apparently, just fainting took up a good chunk of power when your body tried to heal it.

..Of course, there was also the small fact that before even getting to where she'd find a boat, a Faye had stopped them and explained that since Ilmena wasn't a Faye, or Faye-blessed, or just friends with any Faye (or even from Camelot, but that was another issue entirely), she couldn't go anywhere near the mysterious place.

Which wasn't all that bad, as she'd only wanted to go there out of curiousity, but it was rather irritating when the Faye didn't even bother telling Ilmena what on Earth a Faye was- a fairy? A human with magic? It was all quite confusing, really.

And so she gave up on that plan.

As a result, she was now in Camelot, and becoming increasingly frustrated with her entire situation.

----------

Torn between throwing her embroidery across the room (it wasn't that she didn't like needlepoint; no, as a noble, even in Imorna, she'd been taught how to be a proper lady. It was just that she'd been taught how to sew with her magic, in place of a needle, and so this was all quite new to her.) and sobbing, Ilmena chose to intead not do anything, just prick her finger again.

One of the ladies-in-waiting looked haughtily at her, a smirk barely visible upon her face. "I thought you'd been coursed in needlepoint," she said, her tone bored, but laced with cold amusement.

"I was," said Ilmena through gritted teeth, her eyes narrowed as she viciously stabbed her needle through the cloth she was embroidering.

"I see." The girl- for that was what she was; she was probably less than two years older than Ilmena- didn't look like she understood, but her point was clear: she thought the new lady-in-waiting was suffering from a severe case of stupidity.

"It's just that I was taught how to use magic instead of a needle- you see, that way, if I start to find that my brain begins to fail from wearing far too much rouge so that any male in sight may immediately want to be near me, assuming I'm a cheap-" she paused, knowing she was being far too vicious, but not caring in the least, "Well. You get the point," she said as snidely as the other girl had.

Blushing hotly (for Ilmena had indeed overheard the girl and another of her group gossiping about how they thought Ilmena would be doing such things as soon as she settled in), the girl shot back, "Then why don't you leave, if you find our ways so inferior to what you're used to?"

"First of all, I don't find 'your ways' inferior. If you haven't noticed, I'm quite used to most of the 'ways' here. It's just that I don't understand why in all of the Otherwo- Earth I can't use magic. It's really damned stupid to think that using magic instead of a needle must mean I'm going to cause havoc in the kingdom. Honestly, this is silly."

"Secondly," Ilmena said, carelessly flinging her embroidery behind her as she stood, her cheeks red with frustration, "that's a really, really good idea. I honestly can't believe I didn't think of it before." She said this quite rapidly as she raised a small breeze and flung it at her trunk, silently commanding the wind to pick it up and follow her.

Bringing some of the gale outside in, through a window that was cracked open, she forced it at the closed door, slamming it open as she strode out. As an afterthought, she held back a small bit of wind to tear apart the ribbon holding her hair in a braid. She'd always hated having her hair in a braid, anyway. And now she could exit properly, with a big bang, her hair flowing impressively behind her. Thank the Gods for happy endings.

And so Ilmena left the rest of Queen Guenevere's ladies-in-waiting staring after her, shocked by her display, as she shouted behind her, "So, sorry, but goodbye!"

Smiling brightly, she half-skipped down the rest of the tower stairs, thinking back on her departure.

She'd always wanted to do something like that.

----------

Grinning stupidly, very happy indeed with how she had handled things, Ilmena sat on her trunk, glad to finally be able to sit down- it'd taken quite a while to find her way out of the castle, and she didn't want to shock any of the servants too much by soaring through the corridors on her trunk- she already had it chasing behind her, anyway.

Flying through the night air, just above the treetops of the forests beyond the palace, Ilmena smiled and let her hair be whipped behind her by the wind as she leaned back on her trunk.

She'd found the name of the all-magical community she'd been from, and where it was- it had been surprisingly easy to get the information from Merlin when she bumped into him on her way out of the castle- she'd just stammered out her question about it, and after a short explanation on why she wanted to know, he told her. Apparently, it was the only completely magical village, city, or town in the kingdom, which was the only reason he knew about it.

So that was where she was headed. Ilmena hoped that there wouldn't be any difficulty in finding out more about her family, but if there was, she wasn't really worried about it. She just wanted to find out a bit more about her past. After that, she could go do whatever she wanted. Perhaps she would marry a prince. Maybe she would become a famous mage, one that could do amazing things! What those amazing things would be, she didn't know, but whatever they were, they would be brilliant.

She could go on grand adventures, defeating villains wherever she found them!

Or she could just find happiness- fall in love, have the sort of romance that people dreamed about.

...Well, it could happen.

Who knew.

((Aaah, it's ooooveeeer. Well, for me, anyway.

...For now. Knowing me, it's likely that my imagination will decide to smack me towards the keyboard yet again, commanding me to write another boredom-inducingly long post. But whatever.

Let's hope, for my own sanity, at least. No, really, I swear, I usually re-read my RP posts, just to make sure I haven't made any stupid mistakes, but for the last one, and this one, I've really just given up on trying to proof-read them. They're very much tl;dr, eh? (Er, tl;dr = too long;didn't read. I sometimes use tl;dbr (too long;didn't bother reading), as to me, that sounds better. Because I'm weird. Hurrah.)

...My brain needs to shut up.))

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:57 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Espoir's face lit up at the very thought of it. Of course she would love to go! But first, she needed to tell her family. They were understanding enough, surely they would allow her. In a jiffy, she skipped off to her home, to enlighten her family of the news. Faeries of her race believed in freedom, and her parents knew it was time for their little child to set off on her own and expose herself to the many wonders of the Otherworld. Only experience will wisen her. She would learn nothing if she were to be kept in the small village. Besides, they were confident Espoir's summons were enough to keep her from any harm and accompany her.

Ensuring Espoir had brought enough food to last for a day or two with her, and her flute, they stood at the garden of their little cottage, and bade their daughter goodbye. They probably wouldn't see her for years, but it would be worth all Espoir would learn on her long journey.

Espoir ran back to where she was to meet Artemis and Senya. She was alone for now. Gazing down at the ground, she wondered if this was the last time she would ever see the green grass of her village again. She would. She would return. No one will have seen the last of her.

[Ew. What a crappy post. >_<]

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:16 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

"Thanks Artemis," the small pony said, he lowered his head, "I am sorry that I didn't listen to you. You were .. right back then."

He looked at the necklace, a little surprised. But then his gaze turned back to the centaur that was running back to her group.

"Until we meet again."

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:56 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

When Lavinia arrived back home that day, nearly the entire village had already somehow heard about the battle going down by the lake, though not many knew the details. Lavinia had not seen much of the battle herself, but she explained what she had seen. An explanation of why everything had happened was heard from elsewhere not a day later.

With that came the news that the Otherworld would soon be taken out of the human world completely. This startled Lavinia at first. She thought back to the adventure she and Reya had had only three nights before when they found the human footprints. It seemed odd that it would be possible for humans to be in their forest then; now it seemed even more odd that there might never be a human there again, even though some were bound to stay somewhere in the Otherworld.

Lavinia's parents were not angry when she returned, but were overjoyed that she hadn't been hurt, which surprised Lavinia. They would probably punish her at some point because she had been curious about what had been going on down in the tunnel that day and could have gotten badly hurt (or worse, killed), but for the time being they were simply happy that the chaos in the Otherworld caused by the humans had ceased.

Nearly the entire village of devas came out of the forest to celebrate alongside the other magical creatures from the forest- a rare occurance. Lavinia couldn't remember the last time the devas had done such a thing. Their communication with other types of faeries was usually limited to the few that lived in their immediate area. This was definitely a special occasion.

Now Lavinia sat in silence with Reya, her mind wandering. She thought back to the battle- it certainly had been a sight to see, with all of the different faeries fighting together. Lavinia wondered what would become of them now. She supposed they would just go on with their normal lives, perhaps as if the entire thing had never happened, much like she would. The entire deva village would most likely forget about the entire thing in a month's time. Lavinia was going to miss the excitement.

[That has got to be the most awful post I have ever written. Ugh. Maybe I'll edit it later when I have more inspiration.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Smiling, Senya followed Artemis and Espoir into the forest, leaving the ocean behind. She wanted to be off and gone now. Just as they reached the forest's edge and were about to disappear, she looked back for one moment.

Her eyes ran up and down the ocean, remember every nook and cranny of the beach, her moonlit walks and her few talks with Nerina and other friends. She remembered her home as it was once and then sighed. Now she would have to make the whole of the Otherworld her home, but that somehow cheered her up. It was better than thinking she was homeless, after all. She thought of the little kelpie she had been fond of on first sight and wished she had said a proper goodbye - to him and all the other people who had saved her and the Otherworld.

Taking a deep breath, she began to sing an old selkie song. The melody carried across the wind and over the ocean, the words strangely understood by humans even though the individual words could not be made out. The meaning itself was clear - I bid thee well until we meet again. Then Senya Thl'sa too was lost from sight in the foilage of the woods.

---

A long, long time ago...

When the world was born, the faerie and human worlds were not two, but one. Faeries mingled among humankind, elemental spirits wandered the peaceful earth and nymphs danced with young men and girls until the nights grew old. Faeries and humans lived in peace together, helping one another when needed and laughing together when so desired.

A long, long time ago...

When the world was still young, humans began to drift apart from the faeries. The beautiful fay things once seen by all were now unseen to some of the more prejudiced and narrow-minded who wished to have nothing to do with faeries or magic. It was at this time the most beautiful and sacred of faerieland began to drift away from the human world. Where a non-believer might see something plain and ugly, a believer of faeries would see past the thin, misty veil that hid the magical land beyond and see into a place of unspeakable beauty. It was a veil so thinly woven that anyone could have seen past it and walked through it if they wanted to -- but this was the beginning of the time when some no longer wanted to.

A long, long time ago...

When the world begins to age, there are some who will have nothing to do with faeries anymore. Faeries and magic are still very present for those who know how and where to look for them and there are still a number of magicians. However, the faeries have separated more of their world from humans and parts of it no longer merge together.

In some places where the faeries' land still touches humans' land, where the mist is thin, a person may stumble in by accident. Wards have been set up to prevent non-believers from entering at all but even few believers accidentally fall into this magical world. If humans enter at all, it is usually by the invitation of a faerie. Few are invited to do so and even fewer are permitted to return after they enter. The misty veil that hangs between the worlds where they touch each other is thickening slowly and even a believer may not be able to see into the other world no matter how much they try.

Whenever a human stumbles upon the faerie world, they find it is so completely removed from the human world by now that it has geography of its own. Where a valley in the human world might be, a hill of the faerie world will be situated. There are different joys and troubles amongst the faeries, who now have their own concerns and are not as involved in human affairs as they once were. In fact, so different, strange and removed is the faeries' land that when a human enters there can be no mistake that they are in an entirely different place -- a place that has come to be called the Otherworld.

A long, long time ago, a time that is not so far from now if you only believe ...

The Otherworld became separated from the human one. No longer could any human enter the Otherworld, nor could faeries easily travel between the two. Some faeries chose to dwell among humans, like the brownies, and others determined to stay in their own homes. The disappearance of children dwindled and faeries no longer kidnapped them into the Otherworld. And the people forgot that there was ever such a place called the Otherworld, believing faeries to be a tale for children.

But every now and then, whether here or there, a faerie sighting is whispered among those who still believe. And for those who know where to look, the glimmer of a faerie wing or the touch of a faerie hand or a note of a faerie tune may be seen or felt or heard. In these moments, a person may stop and wonder what has just occurred. Most may pass it off as imagination and forget it, and a few, just a few, will have a feeling they have touched something that belongs to another world.

[End.

Kuroro: thank you for your support of this role play since last year. :hug:
Alex and Lilac: it's been awesome to role play with you again. :D
Ria: we've still got Twelfth Kingdom to go through. :)
lionheartwitty: I love you! :P
Lissa and Rissa: you both write better than you think you do, so shush and have some confidence in yourselves. <3

To you all: thanks for the support and sorry for constantly bugging you during the course of this role play (especially since the time limit just went on and on and on ...). I've got my answer to the experiment now. I probably won't be role playing for a long time after this (think two years), so I've had a good time doing this. Hugs for all. *hugs*]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:51 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[This has been an awesome roleplay, and I do regret slightly not participating/posting more, but eh. Thank you to all of you guys who stuck to this RP loyally. =) I had a great and fun time.]

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((This was a great roleplay everyone *gives big hugs* and it was also one of the only ones I've ever completely finished :o Hope to do something like this again soon, maybe in my summer this time ;) ))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:44 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In a hamster cage and covered in Twinkle's glitter.
((Thank you, everyone. It has been charming, enjoyable, outstanding, inspiring, exciting, rewarding, and downright fun. It is good to see that we worked together on an ending. Stories like this are good just for themselves and help us all enjoy our everyday lives.

Lillie: Awwww... I wub you too. :roflol:))

Hamriffic set by stampsyne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:49 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((It has been said, but I found this a great Roleplay too. With a big R. A time limit isn't that bad too, pushes the story onward.))

Set by WIS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:48 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((ai, I'm a little late to do the thank you's and such, but it was a real pleasure to do this RP. I really only had the summertime to RP much, school is going to be crazy this year (university time!) and so it was awesome to start a finish an RP and to work with such awesome RPers! thanks for your organization and neat time limit idea and such, Lillie! And everyone else, thanks for your creativity and willingness to keep stuff going and such. I had a blast! ;)))

[smile though your heart is aching::smile even though its breaking]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10