Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The Star Kingdom ((closed))
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Opening
Once upon a time, in the Kingdom of stars... The magical star staff lay in the centre, governing the world around it. It was a piece of strong elm wood; on the top was a piece of crystal, shaped into a star. The sparkling staff granted all of the people's wishes under the star world. The stars protected the staff carefully, because without it, evil could enter their world. But then something went wrong...

A betrayer stole the star staff, leaving the stars' world unprotected. An evil dark lord named Shadow entered, killing the stars, and using the staff for his evil wishes. Shadow used the staff to make him very powerful, making him ruler of the stars' world. The stars had no choice but to do what he wanted. As a result of this, the human world went into a state of turmoil. With no stars to grant everyone's wishes, lots of things went wrong... kingdoms fell, and people died. The adults' faith in the stars evaporated, leaving the stars weak, as the star's power depends on how much people believe in them.

16 years later, the world is still the same... except for 6 stars who are tired of Shadow's rule. They set out to destroy the evil. Floating down to the human's world, they discovered that the humans have gone into a deep depression. To make things worst, practically no kids have been born in this 16 year period, because the adults are so hopeless. Even those who have been born may have been dumped into the ocean or left to starve. In fact the situation is so bad that only 6 teenagers remain. They are the youngest of the population... so the stars planned to join with six teenagers, since there was a better chance teenagers still believed... in them... or could be persuaded to believe in them. They flew apart, agreeing to meet back at the entrance to their world. Once there, they would enter the Star Castle and defeat Shadow.

But its not that simple. Shadow has a weakness, but no one is aware of it except for his few close advisors. As well, Shadow is planning to take over the human kingdom. If the stars don't act fast... who knows what may happen?

Hope this will be fun!

About the RP
In the RP you will control two characters--you (the youth, and the star that they will join up with) In the beginning, you will meet with the star and the star will transport you to the Star Gate, the entrance to their world, where they agreed to meet up.

Bio (for explanations, see below)
Human
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:

Star
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:

Other:

Name and Gender- self explanatory. Age must be 12-16. The stars are allowed to have two powers each, which you can make up yourself. Please write the name of the power and what it does. (don't make it too powerful)

My bio:
Human
Name: Raymond
Appearance: He has a rather typical look. His black hair is medium-lengthed and straight, but he has wide, open brown eyes that are accepting and friendly. He likes to cover his T-shirt with a blue and white coat. He is rather thin, for his age.
Personality: A quiet teenager--very helpful and bright, but he can have some problem talking to others. He is very hopeful--he still believes that the stars exist, even though his parents constantly tell them that he doesn't. Even so, he feels a little lonely at times. In fact, he hopes that someone will come along who fully understanded him. However, he knows how important it is to be happy in life, so he tries to be cheerful most of the time.

Star
Name: Cilla
Powers: Shimmer- create illusions with light; Stardust- dust that heals others, emotionally and physically.
Appearance: A very simple-looking star. She's bright yellow, with two black eyes set in the center of her face, and she glows with a golden light.
Personality: She's a simple star, really. She tries to be helpful, but she is remarkably stubborn and will stick up for the people or the things that she believes in.

Other: none

IMPORTANT- the setting of this RP is in a fantasy world. Anything can happen- stars can talk (yes, they can) the moon can fall, mushrooms can make you bigger, etc. Whatever you want is possible!!

The RP will start when we have 6 people (including me), and you will start by meeting with the star. To prove you read all this, type "Shooting Star" at the end of your bio.

Last edited by Divine on Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

||Sooo glad you're back, Icey!||

Human
Name: Eithne
Appearance: A rather eccentric look, all-in-all, and one she creates deliberately for herself. Midnight black hair is divided into several strads in which she has woven beads and raven-feathers, giving an eeire sheen to patches of her hair. Eyes of stromy grey, oddly piercing. Pale skin, a petite, willowy figure. Garb typically medieval, the more extrvagant the better, though always practical enough for her purposes.
Personality: Shy, quiet, withdrawn...or so it seems. Antisocial would be a better phrasing. A rebel, not at all afraid to break rules.

Star
Name: Saere
Powers: Detect--Detects and marks anyhting with magical properties in the surrounding area; Discern--Shows the true nature of people/creatures. (doesn't work on inanimate objects/plants, etc.)
Appearance: Dark, navy blue star with a suprisingly bright glow for her color. Two simple, silver eyes
Personality: Sardonic, sarcastic to the extreme. Not exactly nice, but remarkably empathetic.
Other: Not right now

||I saw a shooting star last night. 'Twas beautiful||

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Human
Name: Quino
Appearance: Tall and thin, with long red hair and brown eyes. She has dark skin, and wears the normal white shirt, blue jeans, and sneakers outfit.
Personality: Quino is extremely unpredictable. She perfers to remain silent, but will speak up whenever she finds need to. She's not very intelligent, but she makes up for that in cleverness.

Star
Name: Void
Powers: Improbability: Can cause something highly improbable to happen, anything from creating rain in the desert to turning an enemy into fruitcake. The effect only lasts 10 seconds though, and Void has very little control over what happens. Light Warp: Can make the target and/or himself partially invisible for a time.
Appearance: He's a black hole, meaning that all there is to him is a black circle with a rippling effect around his horizon. Though he has no eyes, you can still tell when he's looking at you somehow.
Personality: Extremely aggressive. Though he can distinguish friend from foe, he may still want to fight you.
Other: None

I've never seen a shooting star before...are they pretty?

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:42 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

||Discordant, your star is SO beyond awesome!||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:03 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Human
Name: Korian
Appearance: He stands at 5'4", slightly shorter than the average boy his age. Though not overly thin, he's not flabby or extremely muscular either. His light brown hair is cropped short enough that he can go without taming it and it won't look extremely horrible. His eyes, a more-or-less matching light brown, are capable of being filled with joy and hatred and at times it seems his eyes are filled with both.
Personality: Kor's pretty open and pretty trusting. He doesn't have much to hide. All in all, he figures that others must be like him and if that's so, they must be equally understanding. Though he'll easily forgive if you catch him at the right moment, he'll also hold a grudge forever if you catch him at the wrong time.

Star
Name: Aeson
Powers: Recall - can call up the "memory" of an inanimate object to see what has gone on around it recently; Time Freeze - ability to "freeze" time by speeding things up.
Appearance: Aeson's small and black. His eyes are pretty light in terms of color and seem to be hidden, but they exist... almost.
Personality: For some reason or another, Aeson seems to be able to do everything and make it look like he's doing it only for himself even though he's not quite as self-centered as he seems.
Other: None for now. Like everyone else.

ooc: I don't think I've ever seen a shooting star... ^^; There's a number of times I should've seen one...but I missed them all. Y_Y Makes me sad.

Iced - Silver [dot] Net ... now go. And maybe someday I'll actually get up something that resembles a pretty sig.

Last edited by shavynel on Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Human
Name: Marie
Appearance: Long brown-black locks fall to her waist. She is slender and petite, and has a shining smile to offer in the dark world. She is dainty and cute, with pink cheeks and a delicate figure. Her eyes are a brilliant green, and framed by dark lashes.
Personality: She is optimistic, and outgoing. She is happy compared to the more depressed lot around her. She is very determined, and has a weakness of faulty lying.

Star
Name: Asta
Powers: Illumination- can illuminate and create light far beyond other stars for a period of time. Also this can create warmth, and from time to time momentary happiness and stregnth.
Appearance : Stunningly white, but on the small side. Onyx black eyes, and a generous mouth.
Personality: Friendly, but a bit full of herself; and proud. Easy-going, but can be very serious if the time calls for it.
Other: Maybe some other time I'll add an other...

Original Joined Date: November 30th, 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:36 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

[Can I please reserve a place and post my bio later? Thanks! ^__^]

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

((Anubis--of course you can =).

Requiem- I can't live a long time without RPing! That's why I'm coming back... need to get posts up!

Forest Majesty- you can have another power for your star if you wish

I made this RP a long time ago, and it existed for like two days before the old PPT forum got deleted. Oh well... anyways, it's back now! We can start after Anubis and someone else posts their bios. Someone else can start if they wanted to, as the stars are all going to separate locations anyways, and it won't really affect the story much overall.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

||I'm just lazy, and can not think of another power that hasn't already been used... :) ||

Original Joined Date: November 30th, 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:11 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

[I thought I was the sixth person? o_O

Human-

Name: Nathan
Appearance: Nathan has dark brown hair which is still recognisable as brown (doesn't look like black), and light blue eyes which people claim 'tell stories'.
Personality: Do I have to fill this out? I usually don't play true to it. >_<

Star-

Name: Ceolos
Powers: Conjure- This magical style focuses on conjuring. It requires highly specific signs, and intense concentration. It can conjure an inanimate object from the other side of the world, but is very draining. Augment- This magical style focuses on thought, specifically using it to augment a living creature's abilities and augment the another's abilities.
Appearance: Ceolos is a white star with nine 'prongs'. He has yellow eyes with black pupils. He seems to shimmer with yellow light around the edges of him.
Personality: You'll see. Again.

Discordant - haha... fruitcake... :P

I really want to see a shooting star. :(]

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:01 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

||Yiss, Anu made the 5th person to join, making 6 in all.||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Awwww, just too late. If anyone leaves please PM me :D. Thankyou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:14 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

((Can our stars get better at their abilities over time? I'll still try to keep mine from getting out of control.))

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

||Yeah, kind of what I was thinking. Mine could be easily abused too, but I try to keep them under control.||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

((oops! Sorry... I can't count. :P Aww, could have started the RP a day earlier than... oh well. Ok! Let's start now! Since no one started, I will. And I guess the stars can get better at their abilities over time, I mean, they will get more experience using them, wouldn't they?

You'll have to excuse my mediocre grammar and not-that-great vocabulary, because I haven't written stories/role-played for a long time. It's going to take me a while to get back.

And I would so love to see a shooting star too!))

Raymond sat at his desk, staring out of the window at foggy, grey sky, his head laying upon his arms. His dark, brown eyes took in the scene before him. Outside, the sun was setting, behind a think veil of grey clouds and fog. The trees, barely alive, were swaying heavily, as if they could fall down any second. The few trees that still bore leaves tried to stand against the fierce wind, but to no avail- the leaves were eventually blown onto the ground, and crushed into dust.

It had been like that for sixteen years. His parents had told him before of a much more lovelier time, when the leaves were green instead of brown, and the sun shone down on them with no veil to block out its wondrous light.

But it was all gone now. Without much sunlight to help them, the plants they grew eventually withered and died. The few, tougher plants that survived were gathered and treated like gemstones. Most of the animals, without much plants to eat, died out too. The world was in a state of disaster. Even the humans were on the verge of dying out. Multiple sicknesses had hit some parts of the world. Earthquakes, volcano eruptions, tornados and tidal waves decimated the population.

Raymond's eyes glazed over, then tears fell onto his arms. He did not bother to wipe them off. He knew that everyone was about to die soon. He had tried hoping, and hoping, and hoping, but nothing ever changed.

Night had fallen. Through his tears, Raymond saw several stars which were bright enough to shine through the veil of clouds. He closed his eyes and made a wish--a wish he'd been making for at least 10 years--he wished that something would happen that would change everything, would change the earth back to what it once was before.

"Dinner," His mother said, in a small voice, outside his door. She barely had the energy for anything anymore.

"Coming," Raymond said in a strained voice. Dinner was never anything more than a few potatoes. He wiped his tears away, and as he did, he saw something very strange- six small stars, flying across the sky. He gasped in wonder. Until he noticed that the star seemed to be falling straight towards his window. He opened his window widely, and the star rocketed inside.

"Hello, my name is Cilla. I'm coming to you to ask for assistance."

((that's all for now!))

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next