Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: North Hill [Closed] [Started]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"Hello, this is Marc's Home Cleaner's, how may I help you?" asked a friendly female voice, cheerful yet strained.

"Hello, my name is Ellie DeJourne, I was wondering if you could come clean my property?" asked an elderly fitting voice on the other end of the phone, it seemed very relaxed and calm.

"Sure, no problem. Where abouts do you live?" replied the voice, still carrying the joyish tune.

"North Hill,"

---

History

Ellie DeJourne or rather, Ellen DeJourné had opened an orphanage in the late 1900's (1970's to be exact), she had loved children and had wanted to take care of any who felt neglected or alone. Ellie dedicated her life to children, she wanted to take every child's life and fill it with joy and love. However, one day, this all changed.

Ellie was a very religious human being, she went to church every Sunday, reminding every child to come along or face having no lunch that day. She believed in God and felt that his teachings were the only way to live your life and that if you had broken a religious law, you were sent by the Devil.

One day, Ellie was cleaning up the living room when she came across a very interesting boardgame. It was very rattled and disheveled looking, the children must've been playing with it. Ellie shook her head and picked it up, she read the front of the game which clearly had the words "To connect to the dead, follow the inside instructions" -- Ellie had become immensely upset about this. She threw the game onto the floor where it once laid and called out for the children. To her discontent, she realised the children were out at the park and she had to wait to lecture them when they came home. No one was going to connect to any sort of spiritual being as in her mind, it was against nature. Ellie scowled at the board and kicked it aside, leaving it behind an old looking chair.

That night, Ellie came down for a midnight snack (She was very tired after yelling at the children the entire day, there were to never attempt to connect with any spirits in any way). Ellie stumbled into the kitchen when she heard something, it was a loud thumping noise coming from the living room. Ellie hesitated slightly, once gaining what courage she had in her, she walked silently towards the thumping noise. She entered the cold, living room and followed the noise to the box which she had pushed aside earlier -- it was the children's boardgame. She slouched over the rough skinned chair and picked the board up; she led it to the nearest table and placed it on there, herself taking a seat across from it. She sat for a minute, the thumping noise had stopped and she began to ponder what was causing it. Perhaps this boardgame was truly a way to connect to the dead? Or was it a noise part of the boardgame which suddenly turned on? Either way, she had to find it.

Ellie lifted the boardgame's cover and saw a dark, black board with letter's written behind it. She flipped it over and looked over the navy coloured board with large white letters displaying across the boardgame. Numbers and the words "Yes" and "No" were written along the top, Ellie was puzzled. Ellie lifted the board out of the box and found a sheet of paper left after she had raised the board. She picked it up and began to read it, it was the instructions on how to connect to the dead. Ellie shook her head in disbelief and figured she may as well try and see if this game truly works. She read in the instructions and searched for a elliptical object -- it took her a few minutes but she found it laying a small compartment within the box. She picked the piece up and placed it on the board; for fun, she started to speak outloud, "Hello, my name is Ellie. I was wondering if there were any spirits around so that I can ask a few questions?".

Ellie waited for a response, to her expectations, nothing happened.

"Anyone there at all?"

No response.

"I knew this game was rigged," she said quietly.

Before she had a chance to remove her hand, the object moved to the word "Yes" near the top of the board. Ellie's eyes were struck with fear, she began to sweat, was this a spirit talking to her or a trick made by the boardgame's maker? Swallowing her fear, Ellie asked another question out loud, "Are you from God or the Devil?". Ellie prayed that this spirit was of God's and not of the damned Lucifer below. The object began to move to various letter's, first to a "I" than an "A" and so on till it spelt it out the word "I am from God". Ellie began to smile, this was no damned game, it was a game to connect to God's wonderful spirits, she laughed a little and began to ask a question, "What is Heaven like?". The object moved again to the letter's, "B", "E" and eventually spelt out the word, "Beautiful". Ellie smiled once more, she had begun to adore this spirit. Once again, questioning fear-free, Ellie asked another question, "Am I going to Heaven?" she asked knowing fully well that the answer would be in her favour. This time, the object moved upwards towards the words "Yes" and "No". It headed towards the word "Yes", Ellie's hopes were rising until it suddenly derailed and landed on the word "No". Ellie sat in shock, what had she done that would damn her to Hell? She always lived by the word of God, she helped children of all ages, she went to Church every Sunday, what was she doing wrong?

Ellie, growing angrily, asked a question, "Why not?" she said. The object began to spell out various letters which Ellie repeated, in result, the sentence was "You must kill". Ellie's eyes grew wide in fear, she didn't understand. Kill? Why must she kill? Doesn't God teach to protect life as if it was your own child? What was this spirit saying?

"Kill?" Ellie asked.

The object moved to the word "Yes" once more.

"Kill who?" she responded, not entirely sure if she would like the answer.

Once again, the object moved to various letters and it spelt out the word, "Children". Ellie looked as if she had heard that her own child must be sacrificed, she was not going to kill children.

"NO!" she yelled as she stood up from the table, but something pushed her back into her seat.

Ellie was not going to give up, she instantly reached for the boardgame and threw it across the room, making it land in the kitchen. She threw the object at the wall, shattering it into pieces. She got up once more and felt no resistance at all, she had beaten the evil spirit which was trying to trick her...Or was it? Was this really a test to test her faith to God? After all, God had asked many people to sacrifice various things to test to their faith to him/herself. Perhaps she was the newest saviour and God had a plan for her. Or, on the otherhand this could be Satan deceiving her, trying to make her displease God. Which one would she believe?

Ellie walked silently, her hands slightly trembling and moved her way towards the upper floor -- where the children laid. She crept closer to the oldest child's door, she opened it slightly and walked towards his bed. She smiled at him and spoke the words, "I love you very much".

---

In this roleplay, there will be a group of people (Ages must be from 17+) and they will be sent to the same house the above history spoke about. They will renovate the house, the garden, etc... and perhaps even find some mysterious behaviour along the way. Also, as a warning, I must warn you that this roleplay can end for anyone at anytime. This meaning, if your character is killed (I can only do the killing scenes mind you), you will not be permitted to post in the roleplay anymore. With that said, I'm not saying that everyone will die, I'm simply saying that perhaps one person will die in the entire roleplay but you never know -- perhaps no one will die. I'm simply saying you should be aware that your character is at risk of being killed. I hope that part does not discourage anyone to signup as I have high hopes for this roleplay.

This roleplay will take place in the present year, 2005.

---

FORM

Name:
Personality:
History: (Note: It doesn't have to be super original, the person could come from a normal family)

As for my character, here is the form,

Name: Alicia Barton
Appearance: Besides wearing the rattled uniform given by Marc himself (Blue jean overalls with a white t-shirt displaying the words "Marc's Home Cleaner's"), Alicia tends to wear thin, long sleeved shirts. She usually is seen wearing blue pants, with a faded colour running from the tip of each leg to the bottom. Alicia wears white runners with red laces, a distinguish quality to her shoes. Alicia herself, has a blonde hair, with traces of brown strands flowing in them. She has clear, blue eyes and wears light makeup, she believes natural beauty is what makes you beautiful.
Personality: She is a nice, sweet person who always likes giving a helping hand despite her family background. Alicia has difficultly trusting people and in result, cannot seem to trust herself.
History: Alicia comes from a broken home, her parents are divorced and her father is dead. Her father himself was an alcoholic who beat both Alicia and her mother. Alicia did not have the courage to say anything or fight back, she simply let it happen to her. Her father was always out late and one night, he left and never came back. A month later, Alicia found out that he had died in a barfight and was left to death when he had found he had a severe cut in his neck. Alicia's mother on the other was very aggressive and ruthless, she would allow her husband to beat her -- she only feared him -- and would take her anger out on Alicia even if Alicia was not the person who caused the problem. She always insulted Alicia and made her feel as if she was worthless, making Alicia have low self-esteem.

Alicia, at 17 years old, ran away from home and ended up living in a foster home. Even though her new parents were very loving, she couldn't warm up to either of them and always locked herself in her room, no one knew what she did in there. She currently lives with her foster parents and has become a little more open but is still dealing with her past family problems.

---

I'll determine when I will not be accepting any more applications. Simply post your form here and please make an effort to post at least 2-3 times a week.

Set by Medli

Last edited by Ammer on Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:12 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:00 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Name:Meiou Alexander
Appearance: A man wearing a strangely marked black leather trencoat, a red tshirt and black pants with boots. He wears his crimson hair tied in a braid and wears mesh gloves with strange symbols on them along with a a pair of silver shades to cover his disturbing amber eyes.
Personality:Mysterious yet very persistant
History: Meiou was a normal kid once who wanted nothing more then to skip school and stay home and play. All that changed when one day he came home from school to find blood everywhere his parents dead and yet not a scratch on them. Police had been baffled and dubbed the whole thing a hoax. It was till in his teens he learned that this world had paranormal things it that were connections to other worlds such as Heaven and Hell. He now works as a freelance Paranormal Investigator/ Paranormal Collecter and tries to keep these things from causing chaos.

(hows this? I suppose i could change it jus thought it fit the rp)

Please somone sign up with this an help me out to get KH2

http://freevideogames.peel.com/refer.php?l=fvg11221945rrygy

Last edited by Meiou on Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Name: Iolanthe Bonner
Appearance: Silky raven black hair frames a rather tanned face, and Io’s soft grey eyes stand out against her skin. Her trademark outfit, when she’s not wearing her Marc’s Home Cleaner uniform (which she modified for herself into a white tanktop bearing the logo of the company, and a pair of blue jeans), is an off the shoulder peasant top, a pair of Bermuda shorts, and heeled sandals to make her appear taller, as she is rather petite.
Personality: Io’s rather impatient, and quite bookish. Despite her lust for books, she is quite flirtatious, though has never been in a relationship with anyone very long. The truth is that she’s afraid one of them would betray the other like her father did, but she blames it on a ‘family curse’ that she doesn’t really know that much about.
History: British Iolanthe’s father ran away after a short fling with his secretary (Iolanthe’s mother), leaving her with two young twins and a house full of bad memories. The family soon moved, and the identical twins Iolanthe and Lysander grew up quite well, considering their lack of a fatherly figure in their life.
Both twins went to a good collage; Io majored in theatre, and Lysander in physics. After graduation, they moved in to a flat close to their mother so that they could care for her, because she has clearly gone quite insane. Her brother, Iolanthe and Lysander’s uncle, who is physician as well, at first claimed that she simply has temporary nervous depression, with a hysterical tendency. But she started to creep around the house in plain daylight, claiming ‘she’s gotten out at last’; staying locked in her room, claiming she is watching a woman creep around the garden, and ripping up her wallpaper. So Io knew it was madness more than nervousness.
To support herself and her brother, Io got a job at a local cleaning service, while Lysander helps his uncle with work and caring for his mother.
As for the family 'curse', all Iolanthe knows is that an ancestor on her father’s side had betrayed the trust of a friend; and his descendants have been cursed with terrible luck. She doubts this is true, but uses it as an excuse anyway.

((Edit: Changed several details))

Wonderful Altador Cup set by Pixa! ♥

Last edited by Trinity on Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Name: Illyne T'layrah
Appearance: Bright cerulean blue eyes that are usually sharp and aware, often narrowing into calculating thoughtfulness. Her hair is long, elbow-length and black, soft and silky or tangled and messy depending on what she has been doing for the last few days. Several bangs fall in front of her, veiling her eyes and some of her face unless swept back. She is short, but slim, lithe and agile, her skin smooth and pale. Perhaps the most interesting of any of her features, though, are three bright red scars on her left cheek, slashing diagonally inwards in a curve. These scars are very vivid against her pale skin. [And Pic that I drew, minus the scars.]
Personality: She is usually civil and polite to most people she meets, though this is only a careful mask she puts on. It is difficult for her to trust people and though she seems at ease with everybody on the outside, she is actually being very cautious on the inside. She rarely makes friends, but when she does, they are chosen carefully and she puts her absolute trust and loyalty in them once she is sure they will never betray her. To her true friends, she can be sincerely kind and warm, but when she is around strangers, her friendliness is all an act.
Having the tolerance of a saint, she does not often get angry, but when she does, she will never shout or stamp – it is as if she has never raised her voice before in her life. She simply ignores everybody and finds somewhere to curl up and seethe as she gazes unseeingly into space. All in all, she carries a very calm and quiet attitude. She is not boastful nor proud, and almost never interferes with other people’s business. She does not like arguments and quarrelling voices, and will try to leave and move as far as possible from the source of the noise.
History: Illyne grew up in a semi-wealthy family, though her parents had never really paid any attention to her. They were very busy people and Illyne only saw them in the morning, when the left from work, and late at night, when they came back. She exchanged very few words with her mother and father, if any at all. They had provided her with money, paid her school fees and for her food and anything else she might ever need, apart from their love. Though Illyne was not entirely alone - she was always very close to her brother Tobias, who was a year older than her. However, Tobias had died three years ago in a plane crash when she was 14, leaving her shocked and grieved. And though Illyne had never, ever been known to hate anybody, no matter how horrible they were, she absolutely detested her parents for hardly caring that Tobias had gone.
The three scars on her face, however, are a mystery to her. She has had them for as long as she remembers, and doesn't know if she was born with them, or had gotten them very early in life, in the years she couldn't remember. She had attempted to ask her parents a few times, but they had ignored her. Nowadays she does not worry much about them, though answering the question, "Wow, what happened?!" has been rather tiring for her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:52 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Meiou, that's fine.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:01 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Name: Rhea Herana
Appearance: Short black hair usually spiked up with gel. Dark greys with odd flecks of an extremely pale pink. Rhea usually wears long sleeved white shirts, long grey-blue jeans and a dark magenta apron speckled with paint.
Personality: Rhea is very cheerful and optomistic, however she is frightened easily and can be very easily intimidated. She often gets nervous in awkward situations and whines alot. Rhea works for an interior designer and loves to paint, she also has an interest in spiritual things.
History: Rhea grew up in a very supportive family, with loving parents and two younger siblings. When she was 15 Rhea got a part-time job with an interior designer, and has worked there ever since.

((Sounds like an awesome RP))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I believe this roleplay should start officially on Wednesday. Therefore I'll close the roleplay then.

Also, please remember that everyone needs to get to the house, therefore if you're not working at the Cleaning store, please make an excuse to get to the house or I'll try and work you in. Please PM me if you want me to work you in somehow.

---

"North Hill?" asked the girl quizzically, her voice had suddenly become a little shaky. North Hill was about 5 miles out of town, why would this women call a cleaning service in another town?

"Yes, that is correct," replied the women, calmly yet surely.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we don't out of town jobs, but I could give you the number of a company which does, let me just find--" but she was quickly cut off by the women.

"No, it's quite alright dear. I was willing to pay you double than what you offer and you could spend your nights here with free food and all other luxuries," she explained, her voice still as calm as before.

Alicia was confused, on one hand, this was a wonderful offer, double the money and a free stay with food and bed; what more could a person want?

"Sure," she said, "I'll be there along with some of the other team members,"

"I look forward to it," said the woman as she hung up the phone.

Alicia walked over to the back drawer, she opened it and inside lied a sheet of paper with a number and a name quickly scribbled on it. The name "Rhea Herana" along with her number was visible to Alicia as she began to dial her number on the phone.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:27 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Meiou was parked on a street corner listening to voice message tip he had gotten about North Hill. "Hmm so perhaps the stories true after all. Maybe jus maybe I will find some connection to this and me. Well either way I should investigate." He finished listening to the message and then started his bike before heading off towards North Hill to investigate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:59 am 
PPT God
PPT God

'I dare yoooooou,' a 13-year-old girl sang loudly, doing a kind of dance around another girl, much older than she was.

'Dare me to?' Illyne asked politely.

Clarissa pointed dramatically at a large house up a hill. Illyne glanced at it.

'Yes?'

'Go up there and knock on the door!' Clarissa declared.

'And then?'

'Run back down again as fast as possible, duh!' Clarissa said in exasperation, rolling her eyes.

'Don't you think that would be rather rude?' Illyne asked, the tiniest smile forming on her lips.

'Huh?' Clarissa stared at her. 'What, you mean you'll stay there and talk to the old woman if she opens it?'

'Well, I'd have more manners to do that, wouldn't I?' Illyne said calmly.

'But - but - but -' Clarissa took a step back from her, looking suddenly frightened.

Illyne cocked a head questioningly at her.

'You can't seriously do that!' the younger girl exclaimed.

'I don't understand.'

Clarissa was silent for a few moments as Illyne looked at her. And then, Clarissa grinned devilishly. 'Fine, then. If you think you can do that! Go up there, knock on the door, have a chat, and run back down!'

'And ... uh, that is a dare? That takes bravery?' Illyne was a little confused.

'Of course it - hey, you mean you don't know about North Hill?' Clarissa was surprised.

'No, I can't say that I do.'

Clarissa sighed impatiently. 'They say the woman that lives up there - I mean, if she's still alive, nobody knows because nobody goes near there - was mental. She murdered a bunch of children or something.'

'... Oh.'

'Well, nobody goes up North Hill anymore!'

'... Oh. So?'

Clarissa glared and crossed her arms. 'What, you don't believe me?'

'Well ... if she's a murderer, wouldn't she be in jail?' Illyne asked, still perfectly polite.

'No, they couldn't find any evidence,' Clarissa answered darkly.

'So that means she didn't murder the children.'

'You - oh, what the heck, just get up there!' Clarissa cried, thrusting her arms up into the air in exasperation.

[Ammer - if there's any part of Clarissa's story about North Hill that isn't right, tell me xP]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[OOC: Nope, that's perfectly fine Jade. You never know, your assumption may actually be true.]

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:13 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Name: Jake Ocsic (ahk-sik)
Appearance: Tall, good looking with dark blond hair, which switches on and off from spike to flat depending on his mood. Always wears a suit, or some other type of formal clothing. His eyes are a dark blue, almost gray color, inherited from his father. HIs shoes are always polished, his teeth always gleaming white. A typical spoiled child. Long fingers, usually jammed into pockets. His suits are mostly pinstripe, and are sometime accompanied by a black fedora and red feather. Carries mace to ward off those who would mug him.
Personality: As I said in the description, a typical spoiled child; who occasionally brags about how much money his father has. The kind of person who goes nearly everywhere in a private jet. He has begun to believe that money doesn't buy happiness, but fights feelings like that by buying more lavish and expensive things. Will speak if spoken to, and occasionally talks to himself.
History: His father (John Ocsic) is the leader of Ocsic Incorporated, a global company which has recently fell into some legal trouble regarding monopoly. His mother died while giving birth, and father never really connected to him, but was still there when he was in trouble; Which he got into a lot of growing up. Recently has forsaken his trouble with the law, and has been hopping from one gala to another, enjoying the spotlight and (occasional) flashes of cameras. His father stayed at the orphanage after his parents died, but was adopted by a lawyer and his wife.

Jake cursed as his luxury car was submitted to the torture of an old gravel road. He was heading towards North Hill, to pay a visit to the place where his father's interest in business flourished by reading numerous books on it. Normally he would have no care for his father's affairs, but nothing really was going on at this time of the year, the award shows were months off, movies were getting worse and worse; so no sense going to their premiers. To put it simply: he was bored. Seeing the place from afar, he muttered words such as "Ratty old hell-hole" and "Who would want to live there?" But then he realized that it probably did look a lot better in the '70s. Those in town had actually warned him against going, spitting rumours out about 'murders' and 'tough old birds' But that only made him want to get their more and more, it would add a bit of interest to a long-forgotten place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Sorry I haven't posted yet, I've been busy.))

Rhea yawned widely and shifted uncomfortably on the desk, her arms were crossed on it and her chin rested on them. To put it plainly, she was bored. She hadn't had a job to do in a few weeks now, and Rae was out of town, which meant that she had to take charge of the store.

It was a nice enough place, bright appealing colours and large posters featuring rooms which had been redecorated by them. But Rhea loved the jobs more than sitting around, she liked to shift furniture and paint walls and well, to decorate.

Yawning widely once again, Rhea was about to settle down and take a nap when the phone began to ring. "Alright!" she grinned, grabbing the receiver and tapping the 'ON' switch. "Rae's Interior Design, this is Rhea Herana, how can I help you?" She paused for a moment, listening to the person on the other end. A grin slowly spread across her face, "Oh no, I'm not busy at all. I'd be happy to have a job."

She frowned for a moment, eyebrows raising in surprise. "North Hill? Er... no.... it doesn't really bother me... just a bit surprised." Nodding a few times, even though the person on the other end couldn't see her doing so, Rhea smiled, "Sure thing. I'll meet you there Alicia. Buh-bye!"

((Hope this is okay Ammer, not really godmodding, since its kinda a one sided conversation...))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alicia smiled as she positioned the phone on top of the receiver. She surveyed the store, it was a decent size filled with various cleaning materials and of course, a small television with an instructional video on how to clean a bathroom properly. Alicia was always amused with the audio which played over the tape, the part "And remember, a clean bathroom is a happy place,". Alicia simply shook her head and grabbed a piece of cloth which was nearby on the desk. She began to wipe the desk in an orderly fashion.

"Iolanthe, can you please come here?" yelled Alicia as she through the cloth away in a nearby garbage pale.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The bumps of the road died down after a while, and actually became rather smooth for Jake's tires. His blue eyes peered out of the windows, seeing a person or two, but not wanting to leave the comfort of the car. Only his back windows were tinted, so if anyone was looking at him head-on, they could see him as clear as day. In a situation like that, he'd probably just give up and wave at the oncomer. Or rev my motor a few times. Which of course was a joke, but made him laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:37 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

At one point a man on a motorcyle with a long crimson braid cut off Jake's car in one heck of a hurry before speeding up further tearing down the road. Right now the only thing on his mind was investigating this house. If he could find proof that it was connected to his childhood as he hoped he might be able to find the reasons behined his parents murder.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next