Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Eep, I'm sorry I didn't post earlier, but no inspiration was coming to me. I'll edit this with the post I came up with sometime today, I swear.))

((Edit:)) A hysterical laugh escaped from Io's throat. "Of course not! I'm just being too paranoid." A silence settled between the two for a while, until Iolanthe whispered, "Alicia, I had a nightmare last night... The person in the mask was in it... And there was a skeleton... I... I don't remember the rest..." She bit her lip, then rustled through her handbag, pulling out her mp3 player, and pretending nothing had happened. Iolanthe bobbed her head to the beat, and pointed ahead. "That's the place, isn't it? There's Rhea, but I've not a clue who the others are. None of them really look like renovators." she tucked the left headphone behind her ear, and raised an eyebrow at the bloke in the suit, good-looking though he was. "Let's park here and unload our cleaning stuff."

Wonderful Altador Cup set by Pixa! ♥

Last edited by Trinity on Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Rhea looked at Meiou in surprise, "Paranormal stuff?! Like spirits?!" She grinned mischeviously, "How awesome!!" She then turned around and began to run towards the house, looking back over her shoulder she smiled, "I'm part of the crew fixing this place up. So I'd better get going!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jake chuckled, "And I'm a snobby rich boy who will pay generously to get a trip inside." Well, its not like he had anything better to do, and besides; throwing away money was one of his specialties. "So what do you say? You let me and ghost hunter in, and I'll pay for us both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"This isn't an exhibit, but considering it's going to rain you better go in," ordered the realtor as she began to savage all her signs and documents relating to the house.

She quickly opened the door of the car and slammed it, she was holding her realtor sign and ran up the house ignoring the so called 'Paranormal Investigator'.

---

"Hold on Iolanthe! We need to call Raz to make sure she can come here safely! I just left her, that was so rude...But than again, I was being chased by a psycho path killer," Alicia explained as she dialed Raz's phone number on her cell phone, "Please pick up..."

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Roz ran up the three flights to the small apartment she shared with her father. Opening the door, she peeked into the living room. Seeing that her father wasn't home, she peered over at the clock. Nothing unusual then, he should still be at work.

I'll just leave him a note, and I'll have him speak with Uncle Joe later.. she thought to herself.

Humming an unfamiliar tune, she walked down the short hallway into her little room. She shuffled under her bed for a backpack to put some clothes in. Finding it, she threw it on her bed and dove back under to find another bag. Cleaning and gardening were dirty businesses, figuring so, she realized she'd several extra changes of clothes.

After packing her work bag, she slipped into the bathroom to get her hair brush, tooth brush and toothpaste. Looking into the mirror to fix her braid, she noticed a strange black shadow behind her. Turning around, she saw nothing, but upon returning to the mirror she saw it again.

It's just my imagination.. And the lighting.. she thought, quite reasonably. She crouched on the floor to open the cupboard under the sink and got out a new tube of tooth paste for her father. Standing up, she saw that the shadow had become clearer.

The shadow was slowly morphing into a small girl's face. Roz gasped and started breathing heavily. Moving closer to the mirror, she held up her hand and put it by the girl's face. Her sorrowful eyes blinked and her mouth moved. Roz's jaw dropped and she fell backwards.

She needed to get out. Now. There was something strange going on.. She had to warn her father and Uncle Joe.

Stumbling out of the bathroom, she closed the door behind her and bolted into her room. Opening her top drawer, she pulled out a thick pair of orange socks that was full of her savings and threw them in her bag. Flinging open another one, she pulled out two handfuls of shirts and threw them into the backpack messily. Opening her closet door, she pulled out the half a dozen pairs of pants and threw some of them in her backpack and the rest in her work bag. Picking up her sneakers, she chucked them in her work bag too.

Roz looked around her room for her jewelry box, seeing it under her bureau, she fell to her knees and opened it. Taking out the locket her mother gave her, she put it on and slipped it under her shirt collar. Seeing her mother's cross and took out the sandskrit-blessing necklace her mother got her when they were in India. Putting them on and tucking them back into her shirt, she felt calmer and safer.

Roz gathered her bags and left her room, hustling quickly past the bathroom. Walking into their kitchen/dining room, she scrawled a note to her father on a notepad.

Dear Father,

I've gone to North Hill with several friends of mine for a job. I'll give both you and Uncle Joe a call, letting you know I'm safe. I should be back in a few days, when I know more I'll call you guys again.

Be careful, please.

Love,
Roz.

Feeling much better, she taped the note to the refridgerator and left the apartment, locking it securely behind her.

She tucked the key into her pants pocket and started down the three flights. On the way down the second flight, a man was coming up. She didn't recognize him, but didn't take much notice. The residents here were constantly moving in and out. Save for the landlord, she and her father were the only consistent renters. As she passed the man on the landing, she glanced up at his face.. And noticed that it was not a face at all, but a mask. A pang of nervousness hit her square in the chest, and she lost her breath. Hoping that he wouldn't hurt her. She continued her way down the stairs, feigning calmness.. Until she realized he was following her.

Fumbling over the safety blessing that her mother taught her when she gave Roz the necklace in her mind, Roz quickened her pace. So did the man in the mask. Clenching her jaw, she saw that the door was only a few stairs and several paces from her. Calmly walking down the last of the stairs, she opened the door, slammed it behind her, and ran.

She heard the man following her, and pumped her legs even faster. Tears streaming down her face.. As her.. phone rang?

Not now, not now!! she thought, silently cursing her phone. Whipping it out, she saw Alicia's name and number. Oh thank the gods she thought, answering.

"Alica! Please, I'm being chased by a man in a mask.." Roz said, out of breath. Looking around she didn't see him any more. "But I think I lost him.. I'm over by John's Bar... I'm going to wait here until I know it's safe... Please, can you come get me.. I'm so scared." she said, breathlessly into the phone.

Noticing that her connection had dropped, she hoped that Alicia had gotten her location and entered the bar, warily, the bartender looked at her quizzically.

"Can I help you, little miss?"

"I'm just waiting for a ride, sir."

"You know.. You're not really allowed in here.."

"Please, sir, I'll only be a while. You won't even know I'm here.."

The bartender looked her over. Roz was red in the face from running, her braid had come undone and her long hair was tangled from her mad sprint and she could barely breath. Taking pity on her, the bartender nodded and motioned for her to join him.

Taking a seat very close to him, next to an elderyly man, she thanked the bartender profusely before putting her head in her hands, hoping Alicia would come soon.

"'Scuze me, miss.. Are you a'right?" The old man said, with a hint of a southern drawl.

"Oh, yes, sir, thank you. I'm fine." Roz replied, picking her head up and giving him a small smile, trying not to gawk at his glass eye or the scars on his face.

"Where're ya headin', if you don't mind mah askin', Sugar?"

"I'm going to a job, sir." Roz replied, not wanting to give too much information to a stranger.

"Well darlin', I hope it ain't anywhere too dangerous.. Seems to me that you've already had a rough night.." he said. Looking around at the other patrons of the bar, he moved his stool a bit closer and spoke lower. "Now, listen here honey. I ain't tryin to scare you, no I ain't, but this is something I gotta tell ya. A'right?"

"Er.. Alright.." she said, lowering her voice to match his tone.

"This is going to be a very dangerous job, sweetie. You best be careful. And those friends you're going with.. They're good people, ya hear? Stay close to them, and make sure you say that blessing to each one of them, so that they've got the same protection as you, darlin'. We ain't wantin' no trouble up at North Hill.. The place is bad enough as it is.. It don't need no more residents.."

Roz's eyes widened with each sentence, she excused herself and ran into the women's rest room. Panting, she wondered if she really heard what she just had..

But... How could he know... That.. This.. I.. I can't believe it... she thought, pacing the restroom. Biting her lip, she pushed the swining door a bit open, to get a better look at the man.. He was still there, along with her bags. Well. I can't just stay in here.. Plus, my phone's out there. Alicia could be calling any minute... Taking in a deep breath, she pushed the door open, and thought to herself Gotta face the music..

Resuming her seat by the old man. She saw that he had returned to nursing his gin and tonic, leaving her alone to stare at her hands that were in her lap.

[OOC: Sorry about the length guys! Ammer, is this alright? I kinda took a little freedom with the ghost in her bathroom.. I've got an idea about how to work it as a small side plot that relates to Roz's past, if that's alright.

Excellent posting everyone :D!]

Last edited by Ravyn on Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"Alicia! Please, I'm being chased by a man in a mask.."

Alicia's eyes widened, the line had now been cut and she looked up at Iolanthe, who was staring at her very curiously. Alicia looked out into the sky, it was getting darker and she noticed tiny drops of water on her car, the rain was starting. Alicia turned to Iolanthe, her breathing had become heavy and she stumbled over her own words, "Iolanthe...I need...I need you to go into that house. I need to go get Roz," she said, her breathing wasn't slowing down.

Iolanthe looked at her as if Alicia had just spoken a different language, she put her hand on Alicia's shoulder and asked, "Are you alright? What's happening?"

"JUST GET OUT!" Alicia yelled, as she quickly moved her hand behind Iolanthe and unlocked the car door, she shoved Iolanthe out of the car.

Iolanthe fell onto the ground, a rush of dust erupted around her forcing Iolanthe to cover her eyes.

"I'm so sorry Iolanthe, I don't want to put you in danger again. If I explain what's happening, Roz will die," she said as she started the engine and drove away quickly.

Alicia was going to save Roz no matter what she did, she wasn't going to let someone die.

---

[OOC: I love your post Ravyn. I like your sub-plot as well, feel free to continue it, I thought it was cool.]

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

((Blah, I was about to post something different, but you posted before me, so that messed my idea up... Oh well..))

"Roz... will die?" Iolanthe murmured. Her eyes widened as realisation shot through her. "The murderer is after her too..." She stood up, and dusted herself off. Tucking the mp3 player in her purse, she scanned the hill. There was Rhea, the man in the suit, a man dressed in red and black, a girl who seemed but two years younger ((I edited and changed Io's age and some of her history btw)) in the doorway, and a lady in a blue blouse. Wondering who to talk to, she trekked up the hill until she reached the blue bloused woman. "Excuse Miss, but are you, um... Ellie DeJourne?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:52 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Illyne knew she was intruding, if anybody lived here at all, which she doubted by the state of the house. She was also aware that her heart was pounding away like crazy, and that this place was as creepy as hell. But there was something compelling about this house - she felt that she had wander further and further in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:48 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

"What?" asked the woman as she turned around, her realtor sign was clearly visible, it was very bright as well.

Iolanthe cleared her throat and spoke once again, "Are you Ellie DeJourne?" Iolanthe looked at the woman, she seemed a bit devious (As devious as a realtor could get)

"No, no," the woman said, looking up at the sky, small drops of rain had started to come down, "I'm actually here to make a deal with Ms. DeJourne, are you part of the cleaning crew?"

---

A young man entered the tavern, he was shaking his head and small droplets of water poured out. He was wearing a sleak, brown leather jacket which seemed a bit damp, most likely due to the rain. Underneath the jacket was a normal white shirt, it was slightly tight but nonetheless comfortable. The man was also wearing light blue jeans, and white runners; he paced towards the bar and sat down next to Roz, not even glancing at her.

"A beer please," he said, looking down at the counter.

---

"I have to go there as soon as possible," thought Alicia as she drove in the now pouring rain, she saw streaks of lighting in the clouds above, "This is going to be one hell of a drive,"

Her car sped down the road, ignoring stop signs and any speed limit signs. Alicia didn't care if a cop saw her as she would need to call one due to the situation her friend was in.

"Don't worry Roz, I'm coming,"

Set by Medli

Last edited by Ammer on Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:00 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

He quickly retrieved from his bike a bag of tools he might need and quickly followed them into the house. Somethin about all this didnt seem right. He was ure something bad was about to break loose. The more he thought about it the more this day was reminding him of the day his parents had been killed.

Please somone sign up with this an help me out to get KH2

http://freevideogames.peel.com/refer.php?l=fvg11221945rrygy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jake shrugged and followed Meiou into the house, hoping to escape the awkward conversation between those gathered outside. Though with with every step, the bad vibes he had been having only increased. He loosened his tie, suddenly finding himself a little hot and nervous, glancing around as if expecting something to jump out at him at any time. Some strange presence just seemed to hover about the place, something that the close-minded rich boy had never felt before, dark and brooding with possible malicious intent. Even against his best efforts, he kept on walking, going deeper and deeper into the place without knowing why or what he was doing, and as he continued, the bad feeling grew and grew. His hand ran through his hair slowly, a sort of reflex motion that told him he was still alive; and hadn't been consumed by this terrible, terrible place. His dark suit was appropriate, as this was the feeling he was getting about the place. Jake couldn't help but wonder what did happen here, and how his father possibly could have boarded here more than a night; him being a man now accustomed to manservants and maids running about at his call. Obviously something terrible had happened here, the ghastly thing that gave the place its aura or whatever it was. Jake felt helpless, and utterly alone, feeling a fright he had never felt before, a feeling of pure malice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Rhea grinned as Iolanthe approached, "About time you gals got here. Where's Alicia anyway?" She peered back over Io's shoulder and saw Alicia's car speeding away, "Did she forget something?" She shrugged, "Ah well. We'd best head inside eh?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

((Hrm, I think Iolanthe would make a sort of unblinking eye contact instead of staring at the realtor sign. :P So could you change that?))

"Yes ma'am, Iolanthe Bonner of Marc's Cleaning Service. The other cleaners will be here soon." she gave a convincing smile to the woman, then turned to Rhea. "Nah, she went to go pick up Roz... I'll give the details inside..." she raised an eyebrow at the people traipsing in without even knocking. Striding over to the closed door, she rang the doorbell, and heard the faint echo inside. The door creaked open, and Io gestured to Rhea. "C'mon. Hey, um, my cleaning equipment got left in the car, mind if I help you until Alicia comes?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The two men walked inside the torn house, they witnessed the dishevelled looking shelf with the large broken mirror beside it. The man in the suit seemed a bit taller than the mirror, however he did not tower over it. They looked onward, the other man set his tools beside him and bent down near it. He opened the bag and began rummaging through the tools, as if he was searching for something in particular. The suited man looked at him and had no clue as to what that man would find or do, perhaps he would get rid of the dark presence that he seemed to be feeling.

"Let's see if there's at least something working in this house?" asked the man, who stood near the mirror gazing at the paintings around him.

---

[OOC: I had to do a bit God-Modding but you guys can explore the house until I make the plot move a bit more faster.

And Trinity, I changed the part.]

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Rhea nodded, "Well I won't be able to do any actual work until this place is cleaned up. But we might as well have a look around, I wanna get an idea of what I'll be working with..." She looked at the cracked mirror in the front hall and raised an eyebrow, "And maybe we can find the client, who ever she is, and ask exactly how much money she's willing to spend to clean this place up."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next