Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Oaths (Serious RP, OPEN!) [[Started]]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

[[Well, it's been a while since I started in an RP on PPT or even participated in one... and I figure it's about time! This is going to be one of those RPs where the plot revolves around a character's choices; there is some pre-planned action on my part, but you can't just go along for the ride, because after a while the power goes out and you've got to drive this Jeep.

/Jurrassic Park Metaphor

The time period is a little vague, for purposes of making it possible to play a wide variety of characters. Say between 1670 and 1861, and you have the general idea. It's on Earth, but that by no means means no furres; I could never forbid them!

Okay, now for the official introduction.]]

Sunset spreads its violet glow upon roofs of splintery wood-thatch and clay, as the city begins to both quiet and come alive. In the town of Marseil, the crimes are few and the drinks are many. While the more respectable citizens dine and prepare to retire for the night, a roaring trade is going down at the Silver Sickle, and the air inside is thick with smoke and laughter.

Yet it is not here we begin. Southwards are the houses of the gentry and of the noblesse, their twilight glow more splendid, more magnificent, and more stupid. Towering halls and bright-burnished brass gleam violet, yet for all their beauty they have none. Those who look more closely can find the faults, can see through a powerful and age-old facade -- in terms of town design, if nothing else. For, bordering the illustrious homes of the most powerful men and women, there is a dark and stench-ridden alley as in any other slum of rats and muck in any other impoverished pit. And at the other side, there is a gaol.

[[Woo for old english spellings! Now, there's a few ground rules:

1. No Mary-Sues or Gary-Stus. For you fortunate people who don't know what these are, they are perfect characters. They know how to solve every problem. They block every blow. They know what the other characters are thinking, even without being telepaths. They tend to be also beautiful and wonderfully talented. PLEASE, just say no to 'Arry-'oo's!

2. No telepaths, please. I tend to play slightly insane people, or sometimes even write what my character is thinking. Many a comedy or tragedy of errors have been ruined by someone who knew exactly where people got it wrong; besides, how do you read a twisted mind?

3. No killing without consent. Please PM the player for OOC consent to kill their character before you do it. If you're killing a character of your own, go ahead if you must! Lord knows I've done it! I think I've killed the *cough* originally-named *cough* Clopin three times now.

4. (Last one!) The Courtesy Commandment... I love this rule. I can't belive I love a rule, but I do. O_o Have courtesy for the other players. If you see a character who is blind, just because your character has it within their power to cure them doesn't mean they should. If you feel it would be out of your character not to try and help, please, PM the player to ask if it's okay. I swear, if I ever see a plastic surgeon come within ten miles of Erik... *cough* Just don't do anything you'll regret.

Okay... now, I don't require bios to join, but they do help to give me a general idea of your character and help me think a little further along the lines of a plot that could include everyone. If you choose to use a bio -- and by no means are you restricted to playing only the attributes you think to list in it -- here is the format.

Name:
Species:
Posessions:
Appearance:
History/Other:

Have fun! We'll start when we have enough people. Probably four or so, considering how unpopular my RPs are. It will be open even after we start, as always, unless for some strange reason a lot of people join!]]

Last edited by Eo on Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:54 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

( Pets Eo. "Calm down girl. Calm down. Your abit hyper here.)

Name: Meiou Bunny
Species: Rabbit
Occupation: Magic Swordsman. (id assume theres magic in this time period.)
Posessions: A black chain shirt,a black with red lining tunic,black leather pants an boots. A sword encrested with runes and ofcourse his pack.

Appearance: A 5'10 crimson furred rabbit wearing a black tunic with red lining along with black leather pants and boots. He wears his sword strapped to his back normally behined his pack that he carries anything he might find useful in. His amber eyes shine like a full moon and he wears his long red hair tied into a braid to keep it from getting in his way.

History/Other: He was born into a noble family of rabbits and grew partly up with anything he could ever want. He had been a simple child of really few wants. The thing he wanted the most of above everything was his mother but rarely would he get it due to her duties. Years later their house fell under mysterious circumstances that some say he had to do with. No longer a noble his father left and his mother did her best on her own to try and finish raising him. When he was old enough to be apprenticed to somone he was given away sadly by his mother to a group of two travelers. A femme rabbit warrior and a skunkess magician. He enjoyed his time with them learning the ways of the sword and sorcery. Years went by and he eventually left them going on his own journey in search of home. Till this day he still tries to find some clue as to what happend to his mother and or where she might be.

(jus tell me if i need to change around anything)

Please somone sign up with this an help me out to get KH2

http://freevideogames.peel.com/refer.php?l=fvg11221945rrygy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Name: Felix Biglan
Species: Mage
Posessions: Clothes
Appearance: Ragged and Crazy-looking, Felix has torn and dirty clothes. Tall and thin, Felix has small and squinted eyes, as though suspicious of everyone. His trousers only reach down to his knee and he has only one shoe, which is a slipper. His shirt, which he found in a trash can a few years ago is baggy under his arms and stomach. Ragged brown hair, and strange ears that seem to be folded. Maybe because of this Felix is deaf, and has learnt to lipread over the years since he became deaf.
History/Other: Abandoned by his parents at age 8,he had an ear ache that steadily grew worse and eventually he went deaf when he was 10. He looked through trash cans for his food, or stole it. He usually found his clothes discarded somewhere. His magic weakened each day from malnutrition, and a mage was hardly something to describe him as.
(More may be coming soon)

set by whhattisthiss. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:45 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

[[I didn't think I was THAT hyper!

And yes, there is magic, but it's not widespread like in most RPs. Most people -- my character included -- don't belive in it.]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:51 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

(Ooh, I'm definately going to join... however, I leave in a couple of minutes, so I can't post my bio at the moment. I'll edit this post with it. And because my character is going to be a thief... I'll PM Inexistence to possibly work something out, if that's okay with you, Eo?

EDIT with bio, feel free to have me change anything... I haven't PMed Inexistence yet.)

Name: Kirae Sneaktooth
Species: Red Fox Furre
Posessions: She has a medium-length dagger that has a fox engraved on the handle. She also has a leather pouch that holds a mirror (the frame is made out of gold she stole, and the handle also has a fox engraved in it) and a set of lock picks.
Appearance: Her fur is a deep auburn color, with a bright white on her chin, neck, the inside of her ears, and the tip of her tail. The tip of here ears are black, and her legs and arms are black as well. Her eyes are a bright amber. She wears a shirt and pants of a dust-brown color. At times, she also wears a cloak or cape of the same color.
History/Other: Sneaktooth is not her real surname, rather, it is the nickname given to her by the people who have been her targets. Her 'calling card' is usually a toothmark in something, as she 'bites' into an item to test if it is real or not.

She uses no magic, and if she has any, it is unnoticeable even to her. She accepts its existence, but for the most part, she scorns those - especially fellow thieves - that use it, because she believes that things should be earned through hard work, and that magic only makes things easier, however there are times where she admits that it is useful.

It is unknown how long she has lived on the streets, and she prefers to keep her past a secret, so it is unknown to all but her. She generally prefers to work alone, however on rare occasions she will help someone out. She has her own sense of honor that none but she can understand, for the most part.

Although she has the mirror, she's not vain, and doesn't look at it very often.

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Last edited by Twizzler0171 on Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Twizzler0171 wrote:
(Ooh, I'm definately going to join... however, I leave in a couple of minutes, so I can't post my bio at the moment. I'll edit this post with it. And because my character is going to be a theif... I'll PM Inexistence to possibly work something out, if that's okay with you, Eo?)

[[Why are you asking me? It's not my story, that's why it's a RP! Go ahead, Twizz! ;)

My, I'm in a horrifically good mood today.]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:58 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

[I don't really feel like entering a bio, so I'll play my character out as we go along, if that's all right with you Eo, and, of course, if I can join. =] Thankee.]

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Name: Rae
Species: Human, see below.
Posessions: A fine dagger as well as a bow and many fine arrows. She also has many delicate gowns and jewels.
Appearance: Long dark red hair, and sparkling green eyes. Fairest skin, with pink cheeks. Her mother carefully made sure to keep her out of the sun, or under parasols and bonnets, so her skin would not ruddy or freckle. She has a slim body, though petite, and because of her small size many look down upon her. She has fiery eyes, but a gentle outer disposition.
History/Other: A fine noblegirl, though she yearns for so much more than the finery. Oft she escapes from her large home, for she is a master at dissapearing without notice, coming back within a blink of an eye. Rae wants to see the world, and her determination may allow her to do it yet. She is a fiesty girl, though sensitive. Her family is the highest nobles in the current land, and her surname of Liarr (Lee-air- french souding on the "air") is known by all, or at least most. She has been trained to be perfect, and gentle, to find herself a suitable husband- and for all her beauty the marriage betrothals (there have been many) have all come to ruin. This is yet another reason she feels she must escape, or at least have an adventure before she is locked up in matrimony. She is a dreamer of sorts, and praticality holds her down she believes.
More yet to be revealed...

((Meep. Rather the same char as normal...oh well, this one has red hair! :) Hope the entire noble thing and everything is OK with you Eo))

Original Joined Date: November 30th, 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Why is everyone asking me if it's okay to join? Did my scare tactics in the first post work or something?

So far, I'm looking forward to starting, this looks like fun, a surprising amount of you have joined!

Will probably start tomorrow or Tuesday.]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:13 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

heh your hyperness scares them into asking if they can join Eo. lol j/k

Please somone sign up with this an help me out to get KH2

http://freevideogames.peel.com/refer.php?l=fvg11221945rrygy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

||-Bows to mighty Eo-||

Name: Eithne
Species: Fennec Fox
Posessions: She has but two posessions of any worth. One was left to her by her mother before her death: a tiny pendant on a bronze chain--a slim cresent moon of silver, a hematite star seeming to float in it's center, in reality suspended by a thin silve wire. The botto end of the crescent swirl up and around in a delicate ribbon, cradling a circular sapphire. This pendant has nearly cost Eithne her llife to thieves on many occasions, but she clings to it still. The other is her weapon; a glaive. The handle is made of mahogany, scarred and dirty from years of wear; the blade tarnished steel, with a few faint symbols etched into it.
Appearance: Thick pelt of a sandy hue; overlaid by darker markings. Said markings are oft difficult to distinguish, for her pelt is dirty and matted fromlife on the streets. She wears a heavy vest of black material above a pair of loose black bants that reach just to her knees.
History/Other: Like you're getting it that easily...

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:59 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Name: Menai
Species: Human/Elf
Posessions: A small, sharp knife.
Appearance: Long, waist-length fiery red hair with pale, glinting red-brown eyes. She is short, but still tall enough to pass for a full human. She wears a hooded midnight-blue cloak to hide her long elf ears. Her skin is tanned and smooth, and quite muscled, though still thin.
History/Other: Menai is an amnesiac. She had woken up a month ago, lying in the middle of a deserted street, covered by her cloak. She found she had no memory of who she was or why she was there. The last traces of her forgotten self left for her were an undying tolerance for alcohol and extremely admirable sword/knife skills. She has confirmed herself to be of half-human, half-elf descent, and now she lives unsure of what she should do. She is interested in her past life, though a little part of her fears maybe regaining her memories one day, for she does not know if her current self will disappear if she does. She is a determined, intelligent and level-headed girl with a tight rein on all emotions.

Last edited by _jade_em_ on Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:25 am 
PPT God
PPT God

[[I have decided not to post a bio, seeing as I'm the GM-type-person and don't need to inform the GM of my character to make sure it's not twinky. O-o I think that means I'm trying to keep an air of mystery. I doubt it'll work...

We shall see! Amazed at the turnout.]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:53 am 
PPT God
PPT God

((Ooooh, this sounds interesting. Think I could reserve a space, as I'm itching to RP a character that recently popped into my head...?))

Wonderful Altador Cup set by Pixa! ♥

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

[[Yes, Trin! And now-- we begin.]]

The violet-crimson glow of dusk abounds, shining upon the dampened cobbled stones like cherries and blood combined in a whorl of the sweet and bitter. The boundaries of this livid display of ghastly, saccharine light are held with and within shadows. In the greator part of the village there are mansions, marvellous affairs of stone and marble, and there are their masters. Not so very far nor so very different from these masters are the men inside the gaol that lies next to one such mansion...

Their windows are small, barred and with a dim, dark view unto the alley above. It seems abandoned and run-down, but appearances are often deceiving... there are bins, like great rubbish-bins that the very wealthy fill with the waste of their marvellous and utterly unusual feastings, yet the wiser know that this is merely a mask which disguises the equally marvellous insides. There is excelsior, a fine dust of cedar or pine which serves to protect the delicate treasures inside -- an effective and unknown hiding place, to the poor and unknowledgable at least. It is among the higher circles of theives and brigands that the rumours are spread, yet the proximity of the great and stony gaol has so far thwarted the attempts.

Amber, crimson and lavender shine in all places but the shadowed alley, and there a wakeful presence, if there be one, may go unnoticed. In the dark it is hard to tell if there is only one...

[[UPDATE: Oh, and please, if you've joined, post. :lol:]]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next