Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Just Another Fairy Tale [Closed] serious fantasy RP-STARTED-
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Update 9/1/05: This RP is officially closed until further notice unless you have already talked to/PMed me about joining. =)

#3 Update 8/31/05: This RP will be closing sooner than later, simply due to the fact that we already have a total of 13 RPers participating! That's a lot of people (which is awesome, I love it!) but I don't want things to get too confusing. So just a warning to anyone who might be planning on joining. Thanks for your support of and interest in this RP! -Lilac

#2 Update 8/31/05: Started! =) -Lilac

Update 8/31/05: The RP will start sometime today, August 31, 2005. Once I've made the first post, you are free to start posting away! Thanks everyone for your interest and cooperation with the rules and such, all of your bios look great! I feel so old though - young characters seem to be a trend :P On that note, I would ask that if you are planning on joining, and have not started working on a bio yet, that you consider playing a character age 17 or older by human standards. Tis up to you however. The RP is still open, I'll change the subject when it is closed, and when I've made the first post as well. Once again, thanks for your creative input and enthusiasm, I can't wait to start RPing with you all, you're an awesome bunch! -Lilac

Update 8/30/05: We will probably start this RP tomorrow, Wed. August 31, 2005. I'm on Pacific Standard Time. Basically, once I've posted, feel free to! I'll put 'start' somewhere in the subject too. I'm just waiting for a couple more people to join/post their bios. Everyone's bios look awesome so far, you all keep asking if they are all right - they look great! Thanks for your enthusiasm =) -Lilac

Finally, I will unveil the fantasy RP I’ve been semi-advertising in my sig for months upon months. In keeping with some of the best RPing experiences I have had here at PPT, there will be little in the way of a formulated plot at the start. This is a creative endeavor and I intend to see where it takes us and let you, the RPers, have a large amount of control plot wise. Apart from the short-ish introduction, I have little in mind at this moment in terms of plot, I’ll react to your characters and initial posts and such. Basically the idea is this: fairy tale/fantasy RP, must have: action, peril, drama, magic/impossible possibilities, romance, & a somewhat happy ending. However, how all this comes about is yet to be seen.

That said....

Just Another Fairy Tale

Once upon a time, there was a wide and vast land known as Waeleythia. In roughly the center of the kingdom stood the royal castle, tall and magnificent, with polished granite stones and high, twisting towers. There were colorful banners flying everywhere and brightly dressed heralds standing at posts above the entrance (rather than say, archers or lookouts). Guards in shimmering armor guarded the gangplank that led to the entrance. This stood over a moat, a very beautiful moat, that looked more like a lush jungle stream than a sinister enemy-repelling defense mechanism.

Inside the castle lived the royal family, who had to this point, enjoyed very peaceful lives filled with good fortune and happiness. Their subjects loved them, finances were in good order, and there was food and drink for all; no one was homeless or in need of something vital to life. The land itself was radiantly beautiful, full of healthy, glowing greenery and festive floral life. Many said Waeleythia was the most prosperous, wonderful place in the world. And they were right. It was...

It has been close to one hundred fifty years since a messenger or traveler has appeared from Waeleythia. Since maps are often distorted and unreliable (as well as hard to come by, as the majority of the populace does not read), no one really knows where Waeleythia lies. The eldest members of the generation that could still remember visiting the grand kingdom have finally passed on. Many legends and tales have sprouted up amongst members of the surrounding lands with regard to what happened to Waeleythia, however, few bother to actually venture into the vast countryside/wasteland that lies between known lands and Waeleythia. Some speculate the kingdom was actually an island. Others say it never existed, while the majority of the population simply does not care.

Meanwhile life goes on. Our tale opens in the land of Coralie. It is a typical fairy tale kingdom, relatively prosperous and bustling with life and magical and unmagical beings alike. Much of the kingdom is unexplored and uncultivated, for most of the life and business occurs in the sprawling town that extends for miles out from the base of the solid and steady stone castle that marks the home of the rulers of the land. Just about any shop or store can be found in this town, and even most forms of entertainment. The land of Coralie is a heavily forested land, with many lakes and streams, and so there are parks strewn sporadically throughout the town of Coralie and trees and plants aplenty. There is even a river that runs through town at one point, known as the Relyiza. About a half mile of the forest surrounding the town’s border has been cleared for defensive purposes, but beyond that the roads in and out of Coralie are surrounded by the thick and dense Kinare Forest. Nothing unusual has been happening. And as our tale begins, we find the land of Coralie in its most ordinary, every day state.

The royal family has not been described or specified as you may play as members of the royal family if you wish, pending on availability, of course.
You are encouraged to add in your own rumors/legends and whatnot about Waeleythia if you’d like. Also, the kingdom can play as large or as small of a role in the RP as it needs to, the RP doesn’t necessarily have to be about Waeleythia at all! =) It is just there as some sort of inspiration.

Requirements:

I ask that you post at a minimum once per day (roughly). OOC posts do not count. Participants who repeatedly fail to do this without PMing me before an absence will first be warned and then expelled from the RP. This sounds really serious, I know, but I don’t think it will be too much of an issue. Just remember to PM me if you will not be able to post for an extended period of time, and if an emergency happens please PM me after and let me know about it. I’ll be understanding, I promise! Single days missed should be addressed in an OOC. Also, if you have a special circumstance that would prevent you from posting regularly one to two days a week or something, just let me know, six or five days out of seven are not too shabby, and if you’re excited to RP and such, I seriously will not care. Additionally, if you have nothing to respond to because the characters you are interacting with are not posting, then there is no point in you posting, so it is okay if you do not post.

This post requirement is not meant to be something stressful or mean, but the goal is a fantasy RP where there is plot progression and posting every day. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll change things, because...

Remember that quality not quantity is important. Sure, I would absolutely love it if we were all posting 2-4 times a day, but good quality posts that move the plot forward are the goal here. I’m aiming for a fast-paced RP that we can all get excited about, but that doesn’t mean posting for the sake of posting (on that note, if you have an EXCEPTIONALLY bad case of writer’s block, you can be excused from your daily post requirement if you PM me about it - I’m not going to force you to post something you feel crappy about). Basically, if you are posting frequently and the plot is moving along, then everything is just peachy and going wonderfully. I’m not going to have an iron fist or keep a notebook and tally posts or anything, don’t worry.

So, now that you’ve read all of that, think of the one-post-per-day rule as more of a guideline. ;) [please add the word ‘chipmunk’ somewhere in your PM/post so I know you read everything. thank you!]

As I’ve been advertising this in my signature for quite some time, you must PM me with your bio prior to posting on this thread for approval unless you are in the following list (those who PMed me with interest about the RP before I made this thread):
Mandy
.:Requiem:.
Anubis
Meiou
Divine
Lord Dragonbane

At this time you may only have ONE main character. At some point, if the need arises plot-wise, you may add a second with my approval.

Please keep your main characters within the humanoid races (humans, elves, dwarves, fairies, etc.) Side characters may be any race, however side characters should be very minor characters or relatively non-influential companions of your major character.

Bios should be formatted as follows:

Name: (and title if applicable)
Race:
Skills/Current job: (please outline magical abilities here if your character has them)
Appearance: (minimum five sentences)
Personality: (unless it will be extremely detrimental to the plot you have in mind, please post a relatively extensive description)
History: (minimum three sentences).

Write as much as you wish in your bio. In terms of magical abilities, I would appreciate it if some of you decided to create characters who lack them. Remember you may not play all-powerful characters, please give your characters strengths and weaknesses. Additionally, I would ask that you steer clear of the darker magic (necromancy and such). This may seem to be a bizarre request, but I would prefer that we keep this in the lighter, more traditional fairy-tale like magic realm. The supreme evil force in this RP may perhaps use such magic, but I would like to add the fact that the supreme evil force (whatever it ends up being if there even is one) should be a NPC. Thank you!

Of course, all other basic RP rules apply. =)

Thank you for your participation in this RP, I really appreciate it if you read all of that and the fact that you are interested despite all those awful rules (I mean guidelines ;)). Goodness, that was long. It’s been a LONG time since I’ve started a roleplay.

The start of the RP will depend on how fast people join. I have no idea when it will be closed to those wishing to join either. Stay tuned for updates at the top of this post!

EDIT: I have been informed of some well grounded confusion as to what exactly your characters are supposed to be doing and such within the RP (as I definitely did not outline much in the way of a plot). Basically, my idea is to wait and see if anyone has an idea they want to start their character off with, because often these ideas lead to subplots or even main plots. I will start working in a plot involving the "lost" kingdom and will pursue this unless a better plot forms itself (as they have a way of doing), or if the main plot branches off from this. Therefore, a plot about the "lost" kingdom will at least be the initial plot. Hope this helps. Please feel free to PM if you are confused, I would like to make this clear and understandable (I tend to get wordy and a bit garbled :P).

Here is my bio.

Name: Ristalia Atuline
Race: Elf
Skills/Current job: Retired messenger (who still works the odd job), she has inherited her family’s weaving and paper business, located in a lovely little shop facing the Relyiza river. She is very skilled at weaving, and can create intricate patterns as well as durable, more everyday cloths. Ristalia is also schooled in the dying of wool and other fibers, and while she usually purchases her fibers from outside vendors, she does know how to shear sheep and such, as well as use plants to make paper. Ristalia has also been taught the basic skills of a traditional elven girl, including horseback riding, hunting, and self-defense with both blades and a bow and arrow or crossbow. She possesses no magical abilities apart from those inherent to elves: ridiculously amazing eyesight for long distances, enhanced hearing, and a very accurate intuition.
Appearance: She has long, straight, bright almost white golden blonde hair that hangs to the middle of her back. She is fair-skinned, with a rosy undertone beneath her skin that is accentuated when she blushes or exerts herself. Her eyes are a brilliant purply blue, her lips a pale pink. A working, single woman, she often is found wearing black britches, a white loose undertop of some sort, and a dark but still bright purple lace-up bodice over this undertop. She usually wears plain leather black boots or tan moccasins. On her right hand is a silver bracelet engraved with elvish, and around her neck hangs a silver dove pendant on a silver chain. She does, however, possess some traditional elven gowns as well.
Personality: Ristalia is a naturally quiet, straightforward young woman. She is generally to-the-point and very practical. Gentle and kind, she often gets caught up inside of herself and her work, and rarely leaves her home (the rooms above her shop) unless she has an errand to run. She is quite independent as her parents have retired deep into the Kinare Forest and she has no siblings. She has cousins, however she is unaware of who they are. Ristalia enjoys writing and also enjoys her work. She misses the forest, as her family used to visit it quite often as a child, however her home along the tree-lined Relyiza river has quite a beautiful view which sustains her. While she is relatively content, she is unsure and somewhat afraid of her future.
History: Ristalia was born and raised in a traditional elven home on the edge of town near the forest. They would often visit older relatives and friends who lived in the forest itself. Very shy, Ristalia made few friends and was sometimes lonely, however she was an excellent student, generally sharp and skilled at what she learned. Her parents had been elven guardians of the fringe of the forest for many years as young elves, and so had not met until they were of older-than-usual age. They opened a business in town after Ristalia was born, and she inherited it at a somewhat young age due to the fact that her parents were older and wished to retire (luckily they had the funds to as well). She currently lives a relatively modest life, with little excitement apart from the customers that visit her shop.

[smile though your heart is aching::smile even though its breaking]

Last edited by Lilac~The Fainting Queen on Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:47 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:12 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

[Yay. It's here. =]

I shall be playing a slightly different character this time around. Go me. =)

Name: Wildseed, though his friends just call him Seed
Race: Fairy
Skills/Current job: Seed doesn't really have a job. Being only sixteen, no one will employ him to work. His skills vary. He can bring hope to people, but that's about it. He has been taught the ways of a swordsman, but cannot recall it in times of battle. In fact, he cannot recall it unless he thinks for a solid five minutes, which isn't that good in battles. If someone were to teach it to him properly, and go through it over and over again with him, he might be able to grasp the subject, but not very easily. His parents despair because he knows practically no magic, and can only make very little things self combust, like his mother's dress, or his own hair.
Appearance: Seed has jet black hair, which falls to his shoulders. His eyes are hazel in colour, deep and meaningful, and they can shine when Seed has thought of an idea to help himself in his quest for work, or quest to help others. He has a slight point to his ears, which he hides with his hair, even though his mother is always telling him to get a haircut. He has quite pale lips, which somehow always have a smile on them, no matter the weather. He has white wings and shows them off regularly, depending on who's watching. He wears simple clothes, generally blues and blacks, because he likes the colours. He has a semi-vast wardrobe, and can alternate as he pleases.
Personality: Seed has always found it good to help others. Whenever he hears someone is in danger, he will think as fast as he can to help the person. However, sometimes his ideas do magnificent belly-flops, in that they're not very good ideas at all. These kind of plans have gotten him into trouble a few times, which isn't a good thing. Seed is impulsive, and tends to regret things he's done when they cannot be changed. When this happens, he can mope around for days until something comes along to cheer him up.
History: Seed has a slightly agitated mother and father, who expect the best of him. He is their only child, and their only hope. They wish him to become a real somebody, so people will recognise him in the street. His father wants him to be clever, and his mother wants him to be a fine artist. Neither can accept him for who he is. Seed comes from a loving family, however, and although the pressure is enormous, he'd do anything to make his parents pleased with him. He himself doesn't know what he wants to do with his life, or who he wants to be. He sometimes wishing his parents aren't like they are, since they shadow what he truly wants to be.

Me hopes it's okay. I tried to expand on personality without actually giving his personality. =[

Can't wait. =D

Oh, chipmunks rule. I took so long to write it out I forgot. Sorry Lilac, bit of a scatterbrain. ><]

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Last edited by Anubis on Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:12 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Name: (and title if applicable) Prince Meiou Alexander
Race: Anthro Rabbit (Formerly Human)
Skills/Current job:Trained swordsman. Can Heal somewhat and also has a few minor defensive spells.
(Appearance: (minimum five sentences) A 5'10 crimson furred rabbit wearing a black tunic with red lining along with black leather pants and boots. He wears his sword strapped to his back normally behined his pack that he carries anything he might find useful in. His amber eyes shine like a full moon and he wears his long red hair tied into a braid to keep it from getting in his way. Underneath his Tunic he wears a chain shirt to help him when he fights in battle for his tunic alone provides little protection. He also wears underneath his tunic a chain necklace which on the center rests his signet ring.

Personality: He is outgoing and courages to a falt for he loves to fight and if he can protect somone else. He feels the need to do so because of his past. He also tends to be rather cruel sounding at times if hes in the middle of something important .
History: (minimum three sentences). Meiou was once a normal spoiled prince of The Kingdom of Alexandria but when he was 10 that all came crashing down around him. His father in trying to do what was best for the kingdom had banished a family for trying to bring harm to the prince unfortunatlly for them his wound was minor. A few days later a curse befell the kingdom and it was turned to stone leaving only the young prince to fend for himself but it left him changed as because of the former magical wound the curse had altered him into another creature something he felt safe with. When bad things used to happen his mother Alexandra would send him to the garden to play with the rabbits they kept there as a good luck charm so to speak. He was later taken from the kingdom by a young woman his aunt. She wasnt really Royalty like her sister but she did live outside the kingdom on her own. She took him in and raised him before he left on his own one day to try an find a way to break the curse and return his family to him. Since then hes wandered from Kingdom to Kingdom Town to Town in search of help.

(chipmunk!!!)

Please somone sign up with this an help me out to get KH2

http://freevideogames.peel.com/refer.php?l=fvg11221945rrygy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

{ I'm just posting to say that I will be joining this shortly. This sounds really interesting, and no doubt the one post per day rule... er... guideline will help move it along =). I'm currently writing my bio, but I have like... no inspiration, so I will post it up by latest tomorrow.

In case you're wonder, I will be playing as a human. I have to decide on a good name, though. I really want to use Raymond again, this RP is too special not to use that name, but then again, I want to play as a different character -.-".

Ok, I'm wasting time here when I can be doing my bio, so *cough*. }

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:46 am 
PPT God
PPT God

[Eh, I just noticed a bunch of mistakes in the original PM that I sent xD Oops. *coreccts them here*]

Name: Caress T'layrah

Race: Fairy

Skills/Current job: As she is still a child, she does not have a job, but her magical abilities allow her communiate telepathically with all non-mythical/magical animals. (eg. a chipmunk? xP)

Appearance: Caress has shoulder-length pale blonde hair which is rather wispy at the ends. Her skin is smooth and pale. She is small and short, though her movements are gentle and elegant, she has little muscle and her physical strength is rather weak. Her eyes are large and bright blue, and if one looked closely into her orbs they would see a glimpse of much inner strength burning within them - other than that, she simply looks a small and delicate fairy. She often dresses in silks of white and pale blue, though she is almost always barefoot.

Personality: Quiet and shy, she rarely talks to anybody. However, she is brave and strong-willed at heart. Her heart is not easily wounded by insults. Her speech is soft-toned and unthreatening. She always remains calm in the direst of situations, and is always the one to collect her thoughts the quickest. As a somewhat dreamer, she likes sitting in quiet places outdoors, looking at the sky and musing to herself. Caress is a very understanding person, and good at putting herself in another's shoes. She is always honest, except when speaking the truth will hurt her friends. She is also extremely civil and polite to everybody. She has the tolerance of a saint, and never seems to get angry. However, she rarely smiles and often looks sad.

History: Caress has never seen her father, because he left her mother while she was pregnant. She was born with a twin brother, Tobias (who has the magical ability to heal,) and their mother was always very kind to the two of them. However, the mother died of cancer while the two were seven years old. They were grieved, but being precocious and quite capable of being independent, they stayed in their house and survived living on their own. Caress and Tobias are extremely close and love each other dearly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:52 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Name: Lerany Harper
Race: Magician

Skills/Current job: As Lerany is a magician, even since a young age she has learnt several spells. These are cast through incantations and through the staff that each magician had specially made for them. As she had not come of age yet, she has a mentor, Arkel, who teaches her the way of magic. Her magical power is little, and not many spells have a high chance of working.

Appearance: The short, slim girl is always seen in traditional magician robes. These robes are a little too big for her, so it drags along the ground, completely covering her feet which she wears traditional slippers on. She had long auburn hair, which is french braided and reachs down to her waist. Her face has soft features, with small, pale lips and deep green eyes. Her skin is very pale which is normal for a magician. Her robes are made of a soft material and is a deep purple on the outside, and black on the inside. Her staff is long and a purply pink colour. On the top their is a circle with 3 points coming out of it, and a silver moon floats in the centre of the circle. The moon is important, as it changes with the moon itself, reflecting how powerful a spell can be cast at a certain moment.

Personality: Lerany is very serious, quiet and reserved. She kept to herself most of the time, wanting to be alone. But really, deep inside, all she wants is someone she can talk to, someone to be her friend. Rarely smiling, she took magic very seriously. But she had no confidence in herself, never believing that she would cast a spell correctly, and if she did, it was wrong, not strong enough, not good enough.

History: Lerany never knew her family. She grew up in a magician community, with her mentor Arkel. He was the reason she was like she is. He always put her down, always making sure she knew she could do better. He was never happy with what she had. Often she had asked for information on her parents, but he would never tell. From snoping around as a child, she knows they are still alive, somewhere. It is her goal in life to find them. Since she has no family, she is very traditional, as it is her only sense of belonging. As she has little money, the things she buys are always too big for her, as they hasn't enough money to get them fixed to suit her hieght.

[Hope this is alright! Ooo, there is a cute chipmunk on the television.]

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

((I clarified both issues, and I'm sorry for the confusion- I wrote this sort of when I had been up for sixteen hours and I was very tired :), hope this all works now- thanks!))

Name: Princess Janine
Race: 1/3 Human, 1/3 Elf, 1/3 Fairy
Skills/Current job: She is currently a princess of Coralie, but her magical skills are yet to be discovered by her ownself. See History!
Appearance: Sleek, straight and beautiful dark brown hair, that is very long. Elegant dark eyes 'neath artfully curved brows. She has pale and fair skin, and the lightest tinge of pink in her cheeks. Full lips, and a slim body. Delicate fingers, and the most graceful of steps. The epitome of prettiness, with a strong sense of determination brings this etherial beauty a bit back to earth. Fiery eyes, brimming with excitement and constant fiestiness strike a person as strange when they first look at her- such a sweet disposition with such mysterious, and rather dangerous eyes. For a more detailed look, this photograph shall suffice to elaborate the finer details: here and here. , this is a pretty close to her appearance, though she had slightly pointed ears, and is more petite and much more youthful (not so adult- like).
Personality: A sweet and gentle disposition, mostly by "princess training" but dreams and fire rage inside this kindred spirit. She is headstrong and very opinionated, though can be quite calm and serene under pressure. With her strange past, sorrow lurks within her eyes, making them even stranger. A smile often is upon her lips, but hidden tears oft' are in her eyes. The restricting courtly world binds her with chains to ettiquite and propriety, when she yearns for more- for adventure, for the incredible. One of her vices is her sharp tongue, when provoked she can make a nasty conversational mate. She is intelligent, with her strong roots of logic and knowledge, and is quite witty and quick. She is quick to hide her true feelings, but when pressured can make quite a bad liar- truth always trickles from her tongue. She dreams of being queen, and yearns for it as well- but she does not know if that day will come, and is unsure what will happen then afterward.
History: From a different land, quite unknown to her and the rest of the royal family- she was adopted as one of Coralie's own when mysteriously arriving with unseen companions, at the age of three, her obvious beauty and wit winning them over- and winning her the crown. Her father a human, by his mother's side, but Janine's grandmothers side is all fairy. Her mother was an elf, and elf all throughout the family. This strange mix brought her to thirds of human, elf, and fairy. Though she lacks in obvious fairy and elven charateristics, upon a closer look it is quite clear. The pointed ears, the petite body, the spirited yet gentle personality. Rae knows of her rather unique mix of backgrounds, but does not know of the power that thrives within her. Her powers consist of elemental mostly, and she has yet to discover exactly how much power, and what she can do with the power. More to be discovered... CHIPMUNK! :D (That was fun)

LilEdit: Changed links to shorter, clickable links as they were stretching out the page a bit. :P

Original Joined Date: November 30th, 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:36 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Name: Myrei (OMG she's back!)
Race: Centaur
Skills/Current job: She is able to 'read' animals and humans very well--though whether this is by magical prowess or mere natural skill, she doesn't know.
Appearance: Fierce, wild grey eyes, lit from within by a perpetual storm, set in a pale, heart-shaped face with high cheekbones. Slender ears are long and pointed, like those of an elf, her hair tucked behind them. The hair in question is night-black and falls to around her lower back, and she has woven elegant silver beads and raven feathers into it. The pale skin continues down her entire human portion, hidden only by the dark grey strip of cloth that defends her modesty. Her equine portion is covered in sleek hair that batches perfectly the midnight hue of her hair, with even the same materials woven into her tail. Hooves of a silver hue.
Personality: It's not a huge deal with the plot (at least, not in any way I have planned) but I'd really prefer to let the nature of this character develop through RP..
History: Now, this I do have a plan for. And it involves you not knowing it. But she really, REALLY hates chipmunks.

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

{ Gosh, finally done. Your characters are all so awesome! Mine is so typical -.-"

Like Anubis, I’m playing a (very) slightly different character. My bio sort of goes against Mandy’s. We will see how everything works out. Hope you guys don't get bored reading this! }

My Bio

Name: Shade Llucen
Race: Human

Skills/Current job: At a young age, Shade expressed interest in the subject of light magic. Although, at first, parents did not quite agree with his plans for the future (they wanted him to become a Fire Mage), they were quite understanding and decided to let him pursue his own dreams if he wished to. Shade now learns about light magic from his tutor, a famous priest named Raynault. Shade is somewhat gifted in the usage of light magic.
More on Light Magic: Light Magic’s strength stems from hope and faith in the divine presence. If someone who did not have either of those were to use it, the spells they were casting would be weak. Incantations and staves are needed for some of the light magic spells, but mostly unnecessary. Light magic can do a variety of different things, including blinding an enemy or binding them with a light halo. Finally, one would think that light magic may fare well against those who choose to study the dark arts, but that is actually untrue—the two types of magic are evenly matched.

Appearance: Shade dresses typically: a white, short-sleeved shirt usually hangs over his fairly thin frame. The collar of his shirt is v-shaped, just revealing parts of his two collarbones. He wears white pants as well, firstly to match his shirt, and secondly to give him the feeling of brightness and purity. Over his shirt, he wears a blue and white jacket, often crumpled to a certain extent, which somewhat contrasts with his deep, bright, brown eyes, laid not too near to the centre of his somewhat long face. Shade’s skin tone is relatively light, but spending time outside occasionally has darkened it slightly. Not-too-short hair flows above his neck, straight, black, smooth. His nose is relatively big, and a bit crooked (it starts sloping downwards at a moderate angle, then changes quickly), but it does not ruin his face and, to a certain perspective, he can still be considered handsome. He is not, however, too muscular, nor too tall (around 5 feet 5 inches), and as mentioned before, is relatively thin. Shade walks in a quick, but soft and cautious way, and the jacket he wears enhances this, as it frequently flows behind him gracefully.
Staff: Shade uses a strong, wooden staff, with trails of magically blessed beads flowing from the bulbous top. The beads are mostly white, with tints and shades of green and yellow. However, he does not always carry around a staff, and he actually prefers using light magic without it, but it is needed for some of the (more powerful) spells.

Personality: A rather quiet boy, Shade likes to think a lot. Commonly content as well, he enjoys life and likes to live it to its fullest, and not miss any things. Considering himself a little more mature than most other people his age, Shade thinks a lot about life and faith. Sometimes, his thoughts about the higher being contrasts with what his tutor teaches him, and this worries him. (see More on Light Magic) However, he loves light with his heart. Although Shade is a bright, cheerful and hopeful boy, he, like all humans, is not perfect. While friendly, he still finds it hard to makes friends and communicate with others at some times, and feels quite lonely at others.

History: Shade used to have an older brother named Lumier, but he died from a disease when Shade was only 6. Shade misses him a lot over the 9 years he spent without him, and feels slightly guilty that he had not cherished every moment with him before his death. However, he hardly remembers anything from that time, and so the death of his brother does not haunt him anymore. Shade’s mother teaches Fire Magic, and as a result wishes he would become her apprentice and take over the family business, but of course, he only has interest for Light Magic. At the age of 14, Raynault took him in as a sole student, and since then, they have become close, like extremely old friends. Raynault often gives him advice about life as well as teaching him about magic, as well. Shade currently lives in a small house located on the south-western fringe of Coralie, near the forest.

{ that was... longer than I expected.

I saw a Chipmunk when I was on vacation. Two, actually. BTW, Luce means light (I think). I just felt like pointing that out!! =) I’m so in love with that name—thanks to Requiem for finding it for me! }

Last edited by Divine on Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:07 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Name: Darin Tere'nall

Race: Demi

Skills/Current job: Darin is a traveling fortune teller by trade, though his true magic is as a caligraphy and earth mage.

Appearance: Darin is short for his age, at a height just under five feet. His emerald green eyes that peer through brown bangs, tend to bore holes in whomever dares to meet his gaze, a testament to the troubled child within. His face as well, considered cute by most standards, belies the often cold demeanor and astounding intelligence that hides beneath the skin. Despite his height, he is actually quite strong and swift. A forest green tunic with gold embroidery is belted by an autumn red cord. Earthy brown trousers fall down over brown leather boots that match leather gloves on his hands which are a bit too big and bag at the wrists. A dark green cloak wraps around his shoulders, pinned with a curious hairpin in the shape of a butterfly.

Personality: Darin is a troubled child to put it mildly. His intelligence mixed with a touch of immaturity often renders him cold and merciless towards those who might be his enemies. Ever logical, the young mage believes in absolute efficency, often times at all costs. His brusqe manner and scathing wit often offends those that associate with him, though one would be hard pressed to find a truer comrade in times of trouble.

History: The illegitimate child of an earth deity and a human woman, Darin's past holds many traumatic scars despite his age, including the death of his mother. Orphened, and utterly alone, Darin survived witht he guidence of his mother's spirit, friendly chipmunks, and the aid of a tribe of wild dogs. After adventures of his own, Darin found his purpose, not simply to survive, but to avenge his mother's death and bring down the deities who had betrayed him. Accompanied by his only friend, a husky named Yelgan, he wanders the earth, searching for the clues that will aid him in having his vengance against the gods who let die the only person who ever cared for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Name: Terran
Race: Human
Skills/Current job: Stablehand, with no magic known. See the rest in history.
Appearance: His hair is a light mouse-brown color, and straw is often found in his hair. His eyes are a bright blue, filled with curiousity and kindness. He is long and slim, though not exactly lanky. He wears light-brown clothes - the top is slightly darker than his pants. His skin is pale, but his cheeks are rosy, and a smile is almost always found on his face.
Personality: He is always curious, and is always getting into things he's not supposed to - when he's not working. He gets distracted easily, and mostly with ideas of dragons and adventures, but he's a hard worker.
History: His father owns a large Inn a few miles away from the stone castle. When Terran was young, he used to help his mother and twin sister (Tirina) while his two older brothers (Trystan and Arren) helped his father. Trystan was always questioning the visitors to the Inn - even while young, he was a curious little fellow. As soon as he was old enough to work alone without getting in trouble, he was told to work in the Inn's stables (to the relief of his mother). He is now working on the stables all day, and rarely gets to see anyone other than his own family members, as Arren leads the horses to the stables, and after he leaves the stables he goes straight to bed.

However, he holds his memories of chats with travellers close to him, and longs to become a traveller himself...

((Curious as a chipmunk, perhaps.))

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:24 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In a hamster cage and covered in Twinkle's glitter.
Name: Jackdaw

Race: Human? (There are rumors of pointed ears under his hat, and for good reason.)

Age: He looks like a young adult, sounds like a young adult...

Job: Recent Former Captain of the R.W.S. (Relyizan Waeleythia Seekers)

Skills: Watching, Listening, Not being seen, Not being heard, Getting into those hard-to-reach places, Finding medicinal herbs, Seat-of-the-pants tactics and Not getting lost.

Appearance: A pair of sharp, deep green eyes always check their owner's surroundings, sometimes staring into another person's eyes to try and read their nature. One eye is covered from sight by his tendriled coal black hair at times, which loosely extends to chin length. Some rumors are that he lost the eye, others that he has an ugly scar, others that his right eye is an odd color, others that he just likes his hair that way. I doubt you could tell which rumor is true. His hair is covered on top by a tastefully mysterious brown suede hat with a somewhat wide, perfectly circular brim. He wears a single crow-feather earring on his left ear, opposite the side of his face with the tastefully mussed hair. Jackdaw always has a stoic look to his youthful features and a poised way of standing, walking and sneaking. He wears a rough-looking black two-piece outfit under a long-sleeved, hoodless brown cloak, which is held in place by a serviceable steel cloak clasp shaped in a circle with the emblem of three blue perpendicular wavy lines surrounded by a brown circle on it. A lot of people comment of how a man in heavy black boots isn't heard by even elves at times. He wears a broadsword on his back and looks barely strong enough to use it.

Personality: He likes to get straight to the point, and rather likes the idea of finding Waeleythia. Coralie knows him well for his inability to admit he is human (or anything else for that matter) and his stubborn ways of not wanting to die or lose a friend, for that matter. Jackdaw has a habit of helping nice people out of jams without saying a word, then fleeing the scene to get back to whatever he does with his life. That broadsowrd on his back never has cut humanoid flesh. Jackdaw is a peaceful man.

History: The most pressing rumor of Jackdaw to date is that he is of the much hated night elf descent. Still, the R.W.S. (Relyizan Waeleythia Seekers) are not very reputable amongst any prominent denizen of Coralie nontheless, so no loss there. Jackdaw was once Captain Jackdaw after quickly working his way up the ladder of the R.W.S. He led them all upstream alongside the Relyiza where they always go in the spring, and came back with half of his organization (A new record) just to leave their ranks for no particular reason. The truth he tells those he can trust was that he grew up and managed to survive in a place where reality is proven a state of mind after accompanying his father, who died, on a trip they both took with the R.W.S. after his mother died, hoping to find the lost land. Just about everything about that childhood is disturbing. There are those who know that one day, he was found and led a starved troop back to their camp like it was nothing. From then on, he was involved with the R.W.S., always covering that right eye with his hair and proving his worth. He remains the only Captain not captured, though many merchants agreed on his death because of his "acts of kindness" to the poor and piled the greatest know bounty on his head. Still, he being the most worthy of R.W.S. Captains in the past century, he is feared by some.

Concerning the R.W.S.: Every Captain of the organization is immediately a political target, and according to natural patterns, is eventually turned in dead for a bounty to some nobleman or merchant, the Captain always being too slippery to catch alive. The R.W.S. holds the belief that Waeleythia is upstream, and that the Relyiza River flows from it. Many have ventured with this band of foolhardy seekers of the lost land, dwelling on the myth rather than remembering the miseries they left behind in Coralie. While it does a good job of eliminating unrest, there are enemies of the R.W.S. who feel that many are lost needlessly in the dangers that grow worse and worse as one ventures upstream. There are places with darkness, with beasts, and places where reality itself proves to be merely a state of mind. Many of the R.W.S. return home insane or missing a limb. Sometimes men and women of the R.W.S. die. And in many cases, members have simply wound up lost, especially in places where reality has suffered. Still, there are those who believe that the R.W.S. brings hope. There are times they have ventured to other places, only to find barren land beyond the forests that are impassable, and even worse, endless swamps downstream.

Other: Chipmunk. Seriously. And for OOC purposes, Jackdaw is twenty years old or equivalent. You'll really have to squeeze me to find out what he is, human or not.

Other Other:I love you, Lilac. :P (I always need to say that to the founder of a nice roleplay. *blames Lillie*)

Hamriffic set by stampsyne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((Just had to say, I love the variety of ways in which the code word appeared in your posts. Glorious and amusing, I declare. That was a unique sentence. Anyhow, here we go! :D))

It was late afternoon, and the sun was already inching towards the horizon. Or at least what Ristalia could see of the horizon from behind the counter in her little shop - variously shaped thatched and shingled roofs, with a tree or two poking up between them. The trees along the river would have completely blocked this view, except for the fact that the river was somewhat down a hill on both sides, for its banks were steep and sloping. Ristalia could see the leafy tree tops poking up from the river’s banks, however.

Her shop was in perfect order, seeing as she had organized it and reorganized it twice that day. No one had come to her shop and she had not received any new orders. The old orders were carefully stacked behind the counter in neatly packaged paper parcels. Cloths and threads hung along each wall and in the middle of the room, several racks and tables displayed her handmade paper. It was still almost an hour till closing. But what were the chances of anyone coming to the store that day? None. Ristalia knew. It wasn’t even a speculation, really, more like a fact of life. She slipped the protective cotton kerchief off her head, her blonde hair spilling around her face, almost glowing in the subdued yet almost more brilliant rays of the nearly-setting sun as it feebly pierced through her window.

She had decided to close early. This in itself was not unusual, if business was slow, she could. She had no one working for her and no one she was working for, so she could do basically whatever she pleased. She gently turned the wooden sign around in the window to say ‘closed,’ and erased her little ‘back at’ chalkboard that also had a clock face on it. The noise of the chalk seemed loud in the perfectly silent store, as she carefully drew the hands of the clock at 8 o’clock in the morning and wrote ‘morning’ in a neat cursive at the bottom. She then hung this sign in the window as well. She latched and padlocked the door, blew out her oil lamps in the back and slowly climbed the stairs in the back up to her personal apartment.

It was brighter up in her home itself, the sun not quite so low for her second-story vantage point. She idly wished that she had a balcony. This had been an idle wish for many days, weeks, now, even years. But of course, what frivolous thing to spend money on. At first she had wondered what she would possibly use the money from her business for when she had inherited it and her parents had retired. She had, in fact, dreamed of many great things. However, she soon learned it was about all she could do to put a little gold in a savings account for emergencies and perhaps, her own retirement after paying for her daily necessities.

She walked toward the wood stove, initiating her usual evening routine, planning on starting a fire, as usual, and cooking herself her evening meal, as usual. But something stopped her. Perhaps it was the angle of the sunlight, piercing through the window, the tiny particles of dust in the air catching its light and turning a lazy, glowing, gold hue as they danced about the room. Or perhaps it was the way the trees waxy leaves were glowing, as if they had hundreds or golden dewdrops on them, or had been dusted with gold by fairies. Or maybe it was something deep in her intuition that she didn’t even catch, something she needed in order to break from the admittedly boring routine of her life. She was meant to live a fuller life.

Whatever it was, Ristalia lightly spun on her heel, trotted down the stairs, stuck her keys in her pocket, unlocked the door and dashed into the early dusk, taking in a breath of the air. It was sweet, which was somewhat unusual by the river. The air by the Relyiza was never downright bad, it just had a waterfront tinge to it at all times. Ristalia loved her home by the river, even though she spent most all of her time indoors. This early evening excursion was quite unusual for the elf. She locked the door behind her and trundled down the path and down the wooden steps towards the river bank. Something about the spotty shadows and rays of light streaming down through the gaps in the leaves and branches of the trees overhead resonated within her, and Ristalia felt more at home than she had in years. She smiled to herself, which greatly improved her appearance, and a bit of color seemed to flow into her pale cheeks.

Slowly, she strolled to the very edge of the Relyiza, taking her time. Absentmindedly she explored the other side of the river with her eyes. It was not a terrifically wide river in the first place, though big and deep enough for relatively large ships and barges to take passage on. When she concentrated she could see everything on the other side with perfect clarity. She glanced around her, taking in the stillness. It was pretty deserted on her part of the river since most people were still in their shops or working their jobs and the school children were either still in class or had already gone home. The hum of the town’s life was still hanging in the air, but not much more noticeable than say, the buzz of a couple bumblebees. Noticing a bench a bit further down river that she had never noticed before (probably because she had not even explored her own stretch of the river bank much - she didn’t own the river bank either, she just thought of it as hers because it was the piece in front of her home), Ristalia rambled over to the bench a took a seat, wondering why she had never bothered to do this before.

((ok, admittedly, that was a bit of a plot-less post, but hey, you guys get started, lots of plot is coming, I can just feel it! :P))

((oh yes, and thank you for the love, lionheartwitty! :D))

[smile though your heart is aching::smile even though its breaking]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Location: In a hamster cage and covered in Twinkle's glitter.
A single man in a brown hoodless cloak and a wide-brimmed brown suede hat ran through the city, avoiding policemen and guardsmen nonchalantly and wending his way through street after street, his route remarkably chaotic. He stopped quite suddenly when he saw a clumsy guardsman plow into a young woman with rather large glasses who had been carrying scrolls. The guardsman merely smirked and left her to get up on her own. She adjust her glasses for a start, and was about to get up on her own, when she saw a hand by her face. She grasped it with her own hand and found herself being helped up. Another hand then offered her the scrolls she hand been carrying, and she grabbed them. The young woman knew this was the most hated man in Corelia, but she watched his one unhidden eye with silent respect before he was off like a shot, noticed in his kind act only by her.

Jackdaw continued his route, looking into shop windows and glaring at prices so often, until he came to a quiet riverfront community he hadn't seen before. He saw a paper and weaving shop and ran for it soundlessly at the sight of such functional goods, only to see it was closed. Jackdaw chortled noiselessly. "Of course it would be closed early, I doubt this place sees as much business as it deserves," he thought to himself. He then thought he heard something, or sensed something, and turned his head to the sight of a bright-haired young elvin woman sitting on an oak bench. He saw that she was a working woman by the look of her clothes and crept quite effortlessly to the bench which he barely leaned against, testing its stability and finding satisfactory results. Jackdaw sat on the bench, still without a sound, and turned his head to the elf.

The young, hard to identify man allowed the woman some peace and even enjoyed the view of the river before querying, "Would you know who owns the paper shop, miss? I seek embinding of a sturdy book for personal use," making himself noticeable and hoping for the usual surprised reaction.

(Its good to see love appreciated. :D)

Hamriffic set by stampsyne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:29 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

[I see, so we're all meeting by the river! =o]

Seed left his home. He ignored his mother's anguished cries about his hair, and how he shouldn't be seen in public with it unkempt like that, and if he'd give her a moment, she'd get some scissors.

After this comment, Seed darted quickly round the bend, not even uttering goodbye, nor bothering to shut the door. The image of his mother using scissors to cut his hair, with her limited skill, was almost too horrible to bear.

Seed, panting from the effort of thinking and running at the same time, continued, this time walking slowly to slow his heartbeat, and so as not to disturb the peace wrought upon the river at this time of the evening.

Seed looked over the river, smiling at its beauty. The way the water rippled reminded him of his mother's slightly peppery scent, the scent being her perfume, Watercress. Every time Seed looked at the river, an image of his mother would come into his mind, and Seed couldn't help but smile.

Quickly looking around for his favourite bench, to make sure it hadn't moved, Seed realised - to his dismay - that it was already occupied by two people.

"Blast!" Seed was very protective of the bench he claimed was his, but nevertheless, he felt that sitting on the grass wouldn't kill him.

Slowly, he moved forward, right to the riverbank, and lay down on his stomach, his head hanging over the water. Seed dipped his finger into the river, creating ripples of his own.

Seed sighed happily, and rolled over onto his back, looking at the sky.

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next