Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: A Tale of Two Schools (Open) (GMs: HBB, Meiou)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Kalakov Family was a powerful family of elemental mages, highly respected throughout the magic community, though the curse which had fell on an unlucky few had fallen on Dmytro that night. Whenever a mage mother dies while giving birth, her child shall be gifted with necromantic powers, something highly shunned by the elemental community. Ignoring the stares of their peers and gossip all around them, their father, Wolfgang Kalakov still took care of Dmytro, and taught the art of elemental magic to his pride: Alphonse. Try as he might, he could not teach the dark arts that Dmytro had been gifted with.

When they grew older, each brother seperated ways, much was left between them: including hatred. Dmytro, despising his father for the poor training he received, formed a school, a school devoted to the dark arts that were given unwillingly to children: Kalakov Academy. On hearing of this, Alphonse was furious, and not wanting to fall in his brother's shadow, formed Alphonse Keep: a school dedicated to the learning of the elemental and time magics.

The brothers only agreed on one thing concerning the schools, every year they would hold a tournament, as a form of competition between themselves really, not caring about the students feelings on the matter. So each year it was held, sometimes Dmytro would win, other times Alphonse. Dmytro had triumphed where Alphonse had not however, in his eternal study of the necromantic arts, he had discovered the secret to life itself, the key substance that would make him instantly immortal. Alphonse, jealous of his brother's new power, snuck into Kalakov Academy, disposing of the poor skeleton guards staged outside. He would kill his brother, something that should of been done a long time ago. He found Dmytro in the middle of a magical drawing, deep in incantation with various chemicals surrounding him. All of his hatred, all of the sadness over his mother's death was launched into an enormous firebolt, engulfing Dmytro in blazing heat. Dmytro whirled around, staring his brother in the eye, and formed skeletal hands across his waist, pinning him to the wall.

(To ensure that you've read all of this, please type 'Keep Away From Runaround Sue in your bio)

"My dear brother, you've made it!" he chuckled with a devious grin on his face, Alphonse freed himself and a vicious fight ensued, for hours it echoed on, only paused when they both collapsed from exhaustion. Eventually, Dmytro killed Alphonse, ending the feud. Alphonse's firebolt from before had taken its toll however, Dmytro had eternal life, this much was true. But he was locked in an endless loop, and would age from five to twenty endlessly, instead of remaining at a comfortable fifty-three.

After this was finally over, Dmytro was more relaxed, and gifted his school with lavish decorations and intelligent teachers, the tournament was still held between the two schools, though this time from more of a student-centered perspective.

~

This story takes place one hundred years after the death of Alphonse Kalakov, Dmytro is still alive, currently at age eleven, and runs his school like any other experienced headmaster would.

Alphonse's great great niece, Gaia Firebreeze is now the headmistress of Alphonse Keep, slightly strict, though wise and kind.

The tournament is in six months.

~

More: Each school has nine years (12-21) When coming to the school, the student does NOT know any spells.

Taught at Alphonse Keep: Fire,(red) Water (blue), Wind (orange), Ice (white), Wood (green), Spirit (All colors), Lightning (yellow) Time (Pink)

Taught at Kalakov Academy: Necromancy (cannot kill, only raise the dead and lengthen life), Demonsummoning, Shadow (Giving life to your shadow to do your bidding) Forbidden Magics (such as Death, Duplication, Mind Control), Metal (giving life to metallic creatures), Space (teleportation, etc), Shapeshifting, Arcane (energies with the equivalent of a firebolt and such, but not tied to an element), Music (Forms a magical bond with an instrument, composing songs for different effects, such as an energy blast and such)

At Alphonse Keep, the introductory banquet for new students is this: Speech by the headmistress, then led into a large, white room with jewels representing each of the elements (see: colors) The student chooses a jewel, and it shows in some way (fire students may acquire red hair). They are guided throughout their studies by the spirit of the jewel (sent by Veta, goddess of light). They are then guided to the dorms (divided between the genders) and given a class schedule

At Kalakov Academy, the introductory banquet for new students is this: Speech by Dmytro, then a special dedication ritual for the necromancers. Necromancy is valued highly at Kalakov, for to begin the art, you have to sacrifice a part of yourself to the dead(hand, eye, whatever) to form a bond between them. An appendage from a dead necromancer alumnus is then magically attached in its place, then students decide which remaining field to go into, and are taken to a room for each for their first lesson. Dmytro personally teaches Necromancy.

Demonsummoning - Starts a contract between you and the demonic world, signed in blood.
Shadow - Step into the shadow world for a brief moment, to awaken your inner shadow.
Forbidden - Death of a small animal
Shapeshifting - bite from a werecreature
Metal - teacher brings to life a metal creature to serve as a guide (and reminder of class schedule =))
Space - teleportation of a small object
Arcane - a basic energy blast
Music - Instruments laid out on a table, a spell bond is formed with instrument of choice

After this, students are given their class schedule.

~

How students reached the school: Operatives from each school visit the students home, and explain to them of their abilities. Alphonse canidates are given an incantation to recite, a one time only spell that will enroll them into the school. Kalakov students are given a candle which can only be blown out in a dark place, and if this happens, they are taken by shadowbeings to the school.

~

Finally, bios!

Rules on Species: ALL SPECIES ARE AVAILABLE! :D If you want to be a furry, go into shapeshifting, please do not be one from the start. If a vampire, please be a fresh one.

Uniforms: Alphonse = White robes, Kalakov = Black robes
Teachers do not wear uniforms, but please keep their clothing relatively medieval.

Name:
Year (if applicable)
School:
Description:
Other:

Teacher spots are available, if joining as a student, please make a student for both schools.

Meiou will take care of the headmistress position at Alphonse Keep, and the second in command at Kalakov.
I will be taking care of Dmytro and the second in command at Alphonse.

We will be teachers if needed. Ravyn will fill in if we don't have enough

All elemental and arcane students use wands, only VERY experienced mages (read: teachers) can choose something else to cast magic through.

~

Name: Andre
Species: Human
School: Alphonse Keep
Description: Tall silver haired fellow, wears a white robe such as the students wear. Green eyes, pointed nose.
Other: Andre is second in command at Alphonse Keep

Name: William Hodgson
Year: 4
Description: Short young man, blond hair and blue eyes. Tries to add some originality to his white robe by sometimes wearing his hair in an odd manner, but is usually reprimanded by the teachers because of this. Uses a koa wood wand.
Other: William is from a family of fire mages, though does not plan to go into that field. He feels a need to rebel against the long tradition being forced down his throat by his mage parents.

Name: Spike
Year: 1
School: Kalakov Academy
Description: An scraggly looking orphan, messy grey hair going everywhere in a sort of permanent bedhead. Rather tall for his age, green eyes.
Other: His mother was on the streets and (obviously) died while giving birth to him, he never knew his father, and doesn't really want to meet him anyway.

ONTO THE STORY!:

Dmytro stepped on the invisible footstool behind the podium, eyeing his students with a boyish face, but with eyes that have seen damn near every kind of magic there was.

"Welcome, children!" he chuckled, he was feeling rather merry today. He always was on the first day, and even though the school dealt in rather bleak and dark magics, he always was cheerful about it. After all, Alphonse was dead! He had nothing to be sad about!

Whispers and odd looks had already started to come from the students, why were they being spoken to by someone younger than them!? It didn't make any sense!

"My name is Dmytro Kalakov, sole founder of this academy and teacher of Necromantic Arts. Don't worry about my appearance, you'll soon get used to it. I'd like to personally welcome you all into this fine place, and wish for you all to make yourselves at home. I'd also like to wish a warm welcome back to all of you returning students, this year you will delve even deeper into your mysterious field.

(Meiou will post the introduction to Alphonse Keep, then when we actually have students, we will do the jewel, necromantic, and other field rituals)

(Happy Roleplaying!)

Last edited by halfbakedbliss on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Name: Eithne
Species: Human...for now ;D
Year: 1, I assume.
Description: Very pale skinned, with high cheekbones, piercing grey eyes--when you can see them. Her long, straight black hair is remarkably unruly and often covers her face. She has a misleadingly petite, willowy figure and is often believed to be weak...but only by those who haven't seen her in a fight. She has an undeniable attitude problem and completely nonexistant social skills, not to mention a somewhat violent streak, though this usually remains hidden beneath her withdrawn composure.
Other: You'll see ;) (Keep Away From Runaround Sue)

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:52 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Name: Luna Nightshade
Species: human
Description: Luna is a tall dark woman who has piercing amber eyes and dark midnight blue hair tied into twin braids. She wears matching robes and a single glove covers her entire left arm. Around her neck is a locket carved from dark matter by none other then Dmytro himself as a birthday gift.
Other: Like all children in this place she lost her mother upon birth but she also lost her father on that fateful day who had happend to of been a very close friend to Dmytro. She was brought into the acadmey and raised Dmytro as his own daughter might. She loves him as daughter would her father but dont let her looks fool you jus because shes beautiful doesnt mean shes not deadly. The locket she wears also acts as her way of casting her necromancy and some say it actually amplifies it but noones actually remembered to verify it or not.

Name:Meiou Alexander
Species: Anthro Rabbit
Year (if applicable) 8th
School: Karakov Acadmey
Description: A crimson furred anthro rabbit with one ear.His gleaming amber eyes telling you to back off. His crimson braid sways when he walks and he wears his black robes proudly.
Other: Meiou was once one of those kids everyone picked on till he went into shapeshifting and took the bite of were creature. In his 5th year in the tournement things got a lil out of control he almost killed the student he was dueling and in the process lost his left ear in the fight. His demonier changed forever after that. instead of being the kid that was being picked on he became the one who was getting into loads of trouble and ending up with the rep of somone not to be messed with. It was said anyone who tried to pick on him tended to meet with some accident that left them scarred forever.

Name: Cassie Magus
Year (if applicable) 1
Description: A young girl with a love for books. She wears her long violet hair tied into a braid over her shoulder. Shes also usually seen wearing glasess and with her nose in some book. Her soft green eyes show off the kindness in her heart.
Other: Cassie comes from a long line of spirit magic users well at least thats the case on her mothers side fo the family. Her father Andre is the second in command here and she plans on making him proud.

Walking up nicely carved steps of stone and hardend magma was a woman with earthy toned skin and fire red and wind silver hair. She wore aqua blue robes smiling as she stepped up to the beautifully carved redwood podium. "Welcome One and All to Alphonse Keep. As many know Alphonse was my great great grandfather. In his name I swore that I would run this place like he would want. For those new here my name is Gaia Firebreeze.Before the banquet begins I would like to introduce my dearest friend and second in command Andre. " She would step down from the podium to allow him to go up and talk for abit to the students.

Please somone sign up with this an help me out to get KH2

http://freevideogames.peel.com/refer.php?l=fvg11221945rrygy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Andre gave a polite wave to the faculty and students and stepped up the magnificent elemental steps to the podium. "Thank you, Gaia. As said, I am Andre Magus, father of Cassie Magus, who is in her first year here." he gave a nod towards his beloved daughter, "I wish to welcome all of you students to Alphonse Keep, I am in charge of the Brotherhood Tournament, and I hope all who are able will participate. However, only go into this if you are prepared, some have even died while participating in this event. The tournament, as most of you know, is a direct competition between us and our sister school, Kalakov Academy. I know there's a lot of hatred between the two, but there is a direct kinship. Bleak news aside, I hope you all have an enjoyable time here."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:58 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Name: Syeira
Species: Part Nymph/ Part human
Year (if applicable): 2
Description: http://crystal-kiss.net/png.php?mode=download&x=&id=51 (her robe is the normal robe of people at alphonse keep and her eyes are blue and her hair is lighter but pretty much I mean by facial features that is what she looks like pretty huh?)
Other: She is quite mysterious and and she is the ice elemant (if I get to choose) and 'Keep Away From Runaround Sue

Name: Leila
Species: human
Year (if applicable): 2
School:Kalakov
Description:http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/wallpaper/gw-wp033.html
Other: She is very rebelious. (wears the normal robes as well) and she gave up one of her toes

Now to actually roleplay:
Syeria was sitting in the back of the room, her hair was not in it's usual braid, instead it was lose and fell over her shoulders. Her icy blue eyes were as usual buried into a book, that is they were until they heard the foot steps walking up to the podeum. She quietly closed her book and looked around the room at the newcomers and the students who like her had been there before, as the people made their speeches. She had heard them both before. She had no interest whatsoever in joining the tournement. And she didn't understand why anyone would.

At Kalakov:
Leila Smiled and grinned at the way the headmaster looked this year. her beautiful long brown hair moved back in forth in their pigtail confinments as she rocked back and forth giggling. It was a lie. What Kalakov said to the students, that they would get used to his apperence. Well maybe some of them did but she never did.
(Hope it is okay that I already have posted a reply?)

Awesome sig done by DM
Dean Winchester is sooooo f***** hot!!!!! and he is all mine!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by goddess_Hekate on Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:25 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

(fine with me. I dont think HBB will disagree.)

Gaia smiled as Andre spoke and mentioned his daughter. That was right it had slipped her mind that Cassie started this year.She remembered back when Cassie was jus a baby.

Cassie blushed and tried to hide herself as her father spoke her name. "Daddy you promised not to embarass me..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:18 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Name: Celeste
Year: 4
Description: A petite girl with pale skin and auburn hair. She has brilliantly green eyes and slightly pink cheeks, that stand out against her moon-bright shine. Her eyes are framed with lashes long and her tresses fall in straight sheets past her waist. A brush of freckled speckle her nose and cheeks, making her seem more youthful. Her optics glimmer with intelligence and wit and her smile is shy, but rather impish.
Other: N/A (Except, she is bonded with Wind)

Name: Janine
Description: She has light blown hair, that grazes right below her shoulders. Soft grey eyes make her look soft-spoken and shy at first but her daring smile and flashing way of glaring reveals her mischievous and even evil personality. She is an average twelve-year-old, in size at least.
Other: N/A (Except, will be bonded with Music)

(('Keep Away From Runaround Sue'))

Celeste wasn't really listening. It wasn't though it is anything new, she thought. Celeste allowed herself to dream about her classes and the small orange jewel that bonded her to Wind. Oh, how she loved that jewel and her powers. Her chin slid into her palm, an absent smile on her face.

____

Janine shivered. Even her daring and determined personality couldn't keep her from being a bit frightened. She had came to this Academy so quickly and now she felt good....a reason that she was different, standing out, and this Academy...
She listened sharply, wondering what was going to happen next. She kneaded her hands in her lap, biting her lip. Janine was normally never nervous--but there she was, pale as a ghost and trembling.

Original Joined Date: November 30th, 2002

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Eithne shot a disdainful look at the girl next to her, who was trembling fit to start an earthquake. True enough, Eithne was nervous as well, but she wasn't about to show it. Instead she maintained what she deeply hoped was an attitude of cool superiority, though she was a but frightened that her wariness might show through the disguise.

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Dmytro cast his wise eyes once more over his blissful new students, chuckling inwardly at how innocent they really are, no way of knowing what the world of magic had in store for them. "Now, I would like to introduce my dear daughter, and second in running the fine Kalakov Academy, Luna Nightshade!" he stepped off the podium, allowing room for Luna to step up.

Andre smiled at the sight of his daughter, not meaning (or knowing) that he was embarassing her, he stepped off of the podium, allowing Gaia to step up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Janine, her shaking subsiding enough for her to glare at Eithne, a girl she did not know who was seated next to her.

Celeste ran her fingers through her hair, still dreamily not listening at all. She thought more about the jewel, and wind and knew she would regret later dreaming off while the speech was taking place.

LilEdit: Please write at least three sentences of role play! Thanks! ;)

Original Joined Date: November 30th, 2002

Last edited by Forest_Majesty on Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:00 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Name: Kimber
Species: Elf
Description: Like most Elves, she is thin and agile. She is a bit taller than most Elves her age, but not by much. She has long sand-blonde colored hair, which is most of the time kept tied up in a simple ponytail, and her eyes are a clear blue. Most of the time she wears the traditional robes of the school, however, when she thinks she can get away with it, she occasionally wears the clothing of her own tribe of Elves. Her skin is tanned, but only slightly.
Other: -Keep away from runaround Sue!- Kimber was born and raised in a small tribe of Desert Elves. When she was young, her father was killed in a town that her tribe had been trading with, so she knows no father. (She will be bonded with Spirit...?)

Name: Trystan
Description: He has dark-brown hair that seems black and very well could be. His eyes also seem black in color, however, upon closer examination they are just a dark blue. He is small for his age, and gangly as well, which makes him just a wee bit clumsy. He wears the traditional robes of the school almost constantly.
Other: Raised by his father, Trystan had grown up fairly poor. It is unknown what happened to his mother - he has vague memories of her, but she died when he was five. He has lived most of his life in a small farming town. (Will be bonded with Music...?)

-----

Kimber listened intently to the speech, but she also let her eyes flit around the room for someone she knew. Unlikely, of course -- most of the students she could see appeared to be Human, and most of her friends were Elven, like herself.

She glanced quickly at the back of the head of the girl Andre Magus had pointed to. She chuckled softly to herself, regretting her decision to sit in the back of the room - she would have liked to see the face of the girl. Perhaps later - they were both in their first year here, so it was very likely they would see each other often anyways.

-----

Trystan tensed, keeping his head straight, listening closer to the boy speaking. Founder! Teacher! The two words swam around his head in a muddle, and he shook his head. Surely this was a joke, the boy couldn't possibly have been older than more than half of the kids in the school! He closed his eyes and shook his head lightly, hoping to rid himself of the confusion he was feeling.

"Now, I would like to introduce my dear daughter, and second in running the fine Kalakov Academy, Luna Nightshade!"

The new words rang through his ears and he opened his eyes once more. The boy was still speaking, but now Trystan doubted it was just a joke. He gasped lightly, and jerked back in surprise -- only to fall off of his chair and onto his bottom.

He began blushing immediately, quickly getting back up. He was in the back of the room - hopefully far enough away that the speakers hadn't seen him, and that he had been quick enough that none of the other students had seen him.

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:46 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Gaia walked back up to the pdium smiling to Andre as they passed one another. She was glad he had accepted the position of second in command. She was still rather new to running things and he knew more of how things worked then she did. "Alright students finish your meals and first years meet me and Andre in the Chamber of Elements.Second years and above see your chosen elemental teacher for your class schedules."

She looked around some so nervous about this place. Although she had heard nothing but good things about it from her parents she was still new here.

Luna seemingly came from nowhere and walked up to the podium. "Alright listen up. Most of you proboly think this is some kind of joke about him being the headmaster. If you cant even beleive in that kind of power then what are you doing here?" She glared darkly at some of the disbelievers. " Onto other matters. I'm in charge of the tournement and I will be expecting most of you to sign up. I know your all so eager to show off against those elemental brats. I would also be watching your backs you never know when the shadows your near might be me."

She chuckled and grinned darkly showing off her almost fang like teeth. She was no vampire but studying shadow magic had its own effects on its user. She stepped down from the podium and although it could be taken as a sign of weakness she would show any who tried anything or said anything about it a lesson as she knelt down and hugged the young boy who had said he was her father. He had raised her and treated her as if she were his own flesh and blood. That was good enough for her.

Meiou looked up at the headmaster and Luna shaking his head. He knew some of the rumours but none had ever been proven. He wasnt so sure the woman even cared about the truth but then again rumours were jus that rumours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:28 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Syeria:
As her ice blue eyes flicked around the room she finally got to the back next to her and she realized that she wasn't alone in the back. She smiled as she noticed Kimber's eyes glance to the back of Cassie's head out of curiosity. She rubbed her white jewel that identified that she was studying the elemant of ice. But you of course tell that simply by looking at her, her icy white hair, her ice blue eyes gave her away. She wanted something different this year, but she didn't know what. She decided that although school work is important it is not all there is to life. She snapped back into reality after thinking all of that.

Leila:
She giggled again at the mention of Dmytro having a child, then she saw how old the women was and she giggled. But she quickly shut up after Luna started to talk. She hadn't given up one of her toes to be kicked out of the school.

((I'm going to edit my profiles. I don't like how they turned out. all the info is going to be the same though))

Awesome sig done by DM
Dean Winchester is sooooo f***** hot!!!!! and he is all mine!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kimber swallowed, becoming nervous for the first time since arriving. Thoughts of doubt swam through her head: what if nothing happened to her; what if she couldn't decide what jewel to choose; what if...

Stoppit, Kimber, she chided herself immediately. Everything will be alright. You'll be fine. What would Mother think of you, thinking thoughts like those! Hm!

Thinking of her mother; of something familiar; calmed her down. She quickly finished her drink, and stood, sighing. She glanced down at the dirty dishes, wondering what to do with them for just a moment, then headed towards the indicated room.

------

Trystan glanced uneasily at his shadow. Surely he could trust his -own- shadow; it would be his forever, nothing could change that... right?

He sighed, shaking his head softly. He couldn't be sure of anything at the moment; he couldn't even make sense of the place.

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:29 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

(ugh first mute disapears and now HBB . I cant do this on my own and he disapeered. I wish they would stop doing this to me. OK people i will try to keep this going)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next