I, Lord Rhinestone Cowboy III, puppy-slap at you with my spear of ingenuity. Mischief and mayhem ensues.
Topic locked

The Plague -- Finding Fallemore [Closed] [Started]

Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:54 am

Note: Do not expect an immediate reply to your PM.
It has been a very long time (since old PPT) since I have started a roleplay, but I am very excited to begin another!

A plague unlike anything else is ripping through Leiin, in the second realm. If you catch it, you die within a few hours to a few days - but those few hours to a few days are the longest. The victims sweat, have impossible fevers, get hives and rashes, and even hallucinate. There is only one way to escape The Plague. It is to outrun it.
The plague is not only in the land of Leiin, it has spread to Darshmorth and Veran—swarming through other realms besides. There is only one place that is safe, safe completely—but there is a price.
You have to find it.
Land of the Falls, or Fallemore is a distant land in an unknown realm, written about in tales or told in stories. Seven teenagers, with dying families, wretched towns, know of this place—and they all have one thing in common. They know they can reach it somehow, to escape this plague that seems to be inescapable. You must find Fallemore before The Plague finds you.

Not much of a description…really- because I wanted flexibility with this roleplay. Basically, there are six slots open as one is taken by me. The seven teenagers must meet somehow, by chance or by divine intervention, etc. They need to escape to survive and find Fallemore before it is too late.

One character per role player, though secondary characters can be in the first of the role play but they can not be in the roleplay for very long. Each character is from a certain main town in the land of Leiin- as follows. In your bio you must choose a town, but if that town is already taken I will reply with a list of open towns for your choosing--please understand if this happens.

Leirmore (taken)
Chaelin (taken)
Channer (taken)
Henshire (taken)
Rylmore (taken)
Nerai (taken)
Breelin (taken)

(If my scanner starts working I can scan a map of these towns and the certain places the teens should approach on their journey)

Rules:

1. I want experienced role players and you must PM your bio to me (form below) and not post it until I give you the okay.
2. Please post regularly, like any GC I want this role play to survive.
3. Proper spelling and grammar is a must.
4. Follow all other role play rules strictly.
5. FM looooooooooooves long posts and bios
6. FM hates Mary-Sues
To assure to me that you have read all of this please put “realm” in the subject of your Bio PM.

The Setting is a made-up land, modeled after medieval times in England and Europe. No modern technology, or modern anything obviously. Also, the only magic is Fallemore itself, a magical land untouched by darkness, disease, war, and evil filled with majestic forests, beautiful waterfalls, and lush surroundings. Everywhere else is as plain as can be!

Bio:

Name:

Personality:

Description:

History:

Town:

Other:

My Bio:

Name: Marie Chareau

Personality
: Marie is determined and she will fight for what she believes in. She is optimistic and positive but can get emotional, maybe too easily in rough times. She is intelligent and fast-thinking; a good leader. More to be revealed...

Description
: Marie has long, shiny, and dark brunette tresses, that fall past her waist. Her skin is slightly tanned from all her hard work out of doors which accentuates her eyes that stand out from the rest of her face in a brilliant green. She is average height and slim, stronger than she looks from all the chores growing up. Her fingernails are almost down to the quick, and she often hides her habit of chewing them. Marie has a quick and easy smile but her eyes often show too much of what she is feeling. They can be filled with sorrow even while her face is smiling. Her features are petite, making her look soft and shy, though that is hardly how she truly acts. She curving eyebrows and dark, lengthy lashes. She has a sweet face, and a happy smile.

History
: Marie was born to David and Illyne, both who died at the start of The Plague almost simultaneously. She lived a hard life on a little farm, in a small suburb of her town; Leirmore. Her younger sister has succumbed to The Plague, and Marie will do anything to help her survive.

Town
: Leirmore

Other
: N/A
Last edited by Forest_Majesty on Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:48 am

Name: Ilithya

Personality: Ilithya is a girl who does not mind looking weak or stupid. She does not strive to make herself look good in any way. She is extremely intelligent, her mind nimble and calculating - however, she rarely offers her opinion and remains silent as she watches others make mistakes, or say things that she disagrees upon, or struggle with a job that could be done much better with her input. Insults do nothing to affect her whatsoever. She is usually calm and quiet. She also tries not to make any friends, for she knows that if she does then she will start caring about them, while she considers it so much easier to only care about herself. In fact, the only creature that she cherishes is her dog, Wolf, a large fluffy white Samoyed, named after his resemblance to an arctic wolf.

Description: She is tall and fairly slim, her skin smooth and pale. Her long, silky black hair that almost reaches her waist is tied back into a loose ponytail. Her eyes, situated beneath graceful, curved brows, are a soft, medium-blue flecked with bits of green. Her pink lips are slender, often tugging into meaningless smiles. She is maybe rather pretty, but not stunningly beautiful. She dresses plainly, her garments often consisting of some pale, long-sleeved, buttoned cotton shirt, a pair of silk trousers, and boots. This attire is occasionally accompanied by a large white cloak, or a thin ankle-length coat.

History: She was born into a semi-wealthy family, living in a large house with a mother who cared only for parties, clothes and jewelry, and a father who seemed only to come home to eat and sleep, while he spent the rest of the day at work. She also had an older sister, very much like their mother. Ilithya never came to love any of her family members, and treated them much like she treated the rest of the world. She spent large amounts of time in her own room with Wolf, who she'd had ever since he was a newborn puppy while she was eight years old. Her detachment from the rest of her family was probably what had saved her. She saw her mother staggering out of the main bedroom with her eyes glazed and her face flushed with fever, sweat running down the sides of her face, and Iliythia knew that she had to leave the house immediately. With that, she had taken packed a few belongings, grabbed Wolf, mounted her father's horse with Wolf balanced in front of her, and ran off.

Town: Nerai

Other: N/A

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:01 am

Name: Eithne Fallon

Personality: Her social skills are less than nonexistant, so despite her genuinely friendly personality, she usually seems cold and distant, even cruel. She has a remarkably rebellious personality and can be quite hotheaded. When there's an argument, you can bet she'll be at the center of it. Despite this, she's very shy about some things. For example, she loves music and has a very sweet voice, but rarely uses it in front of other people.

Description: Long, stick-straight black hair that accentuates her pale skin and willowy build. Despite her petite stature, she's quite strong. Deep grey eyes, hard as stone and cold as steel.

History: When the plague began to ravage her homeland, her father deserted the rest of the family in an attempt to escape the disease. Her mother remained to watch over Eithne and her two younger siblings. Both of her siblings succumbed to the disease. Her mother died not of the plague but of grief, leaving Eithne on her own.

Town: Rylmore

Other: Nope

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:11 am

[Why is everybody pale and slim with dark hair? xDDD]

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:16 am

_jade_em_ wrote:[Why is everybody pale and slim with dark hair? xDDD]

[Mine has changed so that I may be slim but I'm not pale and my hair is not as dark! :)]

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:29 am

||My character's been pale and dark-haired since...forever xD||

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:42 am

Name: Ismene

Personality: Ismene is very outgoing, and warms up to strangers quickly; which is a good skill in the coffee house-like business her family owns, and are about to expand to include a shop. She has a bit of a temper, but is still rather polite, and quite intelligent. After the plague swept through her town, however, she became rather unfocused and moody.

Description: Ismene has wavy, sandy blonde hair that falls a bit past her lower back; and a spattering of freckles across her nose. Her eyes, her favourite feature, are a vibrant, pale blue, that stand out against her somewhat pale skin. She is slender, with a petite frame, but is strong enough to carry most of the food needed for the coffee house.

History: Ismene was born the youngest child in her family, and the only daughter. Her two brothers were uninterested in running the coffee house, and started a family of their own eventually. Ismene's father died several years ago, and her mother, full of grief, refused to remarry, which meant once her mother (and her grandfather on her mother's side, as he moved in to help the two of them) perished, she'd be running the coffee house. Of course, that prompted her mother to arrange a marriage, so she didn't have to be alone in the coffee house.

Of course, being in a coffee house, and near the ocean, Ismene's small family was one of the first to hear of the rumours of a fever. Her mother decided to be cautious, and plan to go to a farm north of the town with her father and daughter. (And what happens next shall be in my post)

Town: Channer

Other: None

((I may edit slightly, buuut... Oh, and yes, again with the pale and slender. But at least she's blonde.))
Last edited by Trinity on Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:44 am

{ Hah. Mine's a GUY! xP And I got approved. }

Bio:

Name: Janaff

Personality: At first glance, Janaff is only a quiet, thoughtful boy, but a closer analysis reveals more complex layers of personality. Greatly obedient, as well as loyal, he has earned the deep trust of his friends. Janaff is honest, and perhaps overly so. He speaks his thoughts fully, lacking secretness or shyness. Funnily enough, he is quite imaginative and likes to dream--one of his favourite fantasies is flying in the sky alongside the clouds--but this side of him is usually hidden by the practical and logical character which he displays publically.

Description: One word describes most of Janaff's appearance: moderate. He is of moderate height and weight, and has a moderate build. His light brown hair, moderately short, is swept to one side, and his arms are moderately long. Perhaps his most striking features are his piercing golden eyes, set somewhat far away from each other, often described as "flashing in the sun". He has quite a thin, pointed face, and a light-hearted, easy smile. His general attire often consists of a modest red brown shirt, bordered with dark brown and made with sturdy fabric, lightly coloured pants, and a short jagged green scarf which wraps around his neck.

History: Only a short time after Janaff was born, news reached his mother concerning her father (Janaff's grandfather), Anton, who lived in a town quite far away. He had been abed for some days with a fever, and the majority suspected that he would pass away within the week. Janaff's mother hurried to pay a last visit to her dying father, only to catch the same disease a few days later. It was The Plague--a disease only recently discovered at that time--and her death was inevitable. Gathering the remnants of her quickly evaporating energy, she wrote a letter to her husband Hinle, telling him what had happened, and commanding him not to come and seek her, for she was doomed, and did not want him to die.

On receiving the letter, Hinle sank into a state of depression, but not one without hope. He believes that, if the right person or things are found, he will be able to bring his deceased wife back to life. As a result, he presently wanders from place to place, seeking, and only returns to Breelin on occasion. Janaff's aunt, whose husband is dead, takes care of both Janaff and his older sister Brenda. Because of this, Janaff has not maintained good relations with his family--especially his father. Truthfully, he believes his father has gone mad, and Brenda, who is 24, does not quite understand her quiet brother. Janaff has taken to running through the streets with his friends quite often, although his best friend's life was lost to The Plague just a year ago.

Town: Breelin { Renndi took the one I wanted though XD }

Last edited by Divine on Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:47 am

[We are just waiting on Ria and Liv to post their bios, afterwhich I will start with the posting :)]

Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:09 am

(My character's the oldest *pokes out tongue* nyah-nyah! :P )

Name: Molana Belay

Personality: Molana is a bitter teen who rarely speaks or reveals any emotions at all. When she does talk it's usually with harsh sarcastic comments which hide her true feelings. The Plague has taken so many loved ones away from Molana that, at a young age, she began to push people away. After all, how can you feel pain when someone passes away if you didn't let them get into your heart in the first place?

Description: Black hair which is unruly and unkempt yet is cut extremely short, there are also natural dark blue streaks through her hair. Molana's eyes are a deep blue, almost black, and swirl angrily like a storm. She is tall for her age, with strong bones and a well developed figure which makes her look much older than she actually is. She is physically strong from the hard chores she has had to do all her life and she is trained in simple swordfighting, though her preferred weapon is a small dagger.

History: Molana had two loving parents, Ruara and Matthew Belay, as well as three sisters and two brothers. All of them were lost to the Plague when she was much younger. She then grew up with her Aunt and Uncle, Zela and Delur, however a few months ago her Aunt Zela caught the Plague and died. She now lives with her grieving Uncle, who is a Blacksmith and lives in a tiny cottage in Chaelin.

Town: Chaelin

(Oh, and I promise my new RP will be coming soon! ;) )

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:19 pm

[My character's the same age, ria. So HAH!

Name: Steven Shaw

Personality: Steven is a brash, ignorant, irritating male. He is headstrong and self-confident, and tends to hate it when he does not get his own way. Because of his strong personality and numerous faults, a lot of people won't go near him, for fear of intimidation, or they are simply worried that they will get snapped at. The only time he is not like this is with his parents and his sister, the only people he has learnt he can trust during the plague.

Description: Steven has short, dirty blonde hair, which is slightly curled, but not much. A 'comb' is a foreign object to the boy, and he does not look after himself very well. He has light green eyes, flecked with hazel, and his eyes have been described as 'soft', but obviously by someone who had only seen Steven in passing. After being with him for a while, Steven's eyes seemed harsh, because of his personality. He couldn't possibly be described as 'tall' for a male. There is more muscle to him than height and not even a lot of muscle. He has slightly tanned skin, but not very much. The only reason he has even a vague tan is because he is out of the house a lot, running errands for his parents. He catches the most sun that he possibly can in the rainy conditions of his town, and this amounts to slightly tanned skin.

History: Steven's parents contracted the plague from the only grandparent Steven knows of, his grandmother, Alissa Shaw. While visiting her one day, leaving their son at home, Steven's parents had been astonished to find her sick, and naturally, they wanted to stay to help her get better. They stayed for several days while Steven fended for himself, and then Steven's mother came home, when it looked like Alissa was not getting any better. The two of them planned a trip to visit Alissa the next week, but suddenly Steven's father came home with the terrible news that a plague was spreading the town, and Alissa had contracted it, and died a few hours after Steven's mother's departure.

The whole family was in shock for a while, until Steven's parents started showing symptoms of the plague. They have been bedridden for weeks, and Steven has to bring them money, and food... in the only way he possibly can - by stealing it. Even if he did say so himself (and he probably would, knowing Steven), he thought he was a good thief, and was ready to take on any challenge. However, the challenge he was faced with now daunted him. If he did not find Fallemore, his parents could die, and Steven would be alone.

Town: Henshire

Other: N/A]

Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:21 pm

[Commence!]
Marie slowly trickled some water into her sister’s mouth.

“C’mon Lily, you can drink it…” Lily lapped it up slowly, her eyes opening. They were bloodshot and bleary, sticking out of pale face in a shocking way. Her little body was suddenly racked with coughs and then vomit. Marie held a bucket up to the nine-year-old’s lips as she emptied out the water and her last two meals.

She fell back onto the pillows, frail and thin. She shivered violently as Marie put blankets carefully over her. Marie tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and tried to ignore her surroundings. Since her parents had died the little cottage had fallen apart slowly at the seams, but now it was a disaster since Lily caught The Plague. Marie shoved the thought out of her mind that Lily could die. She wouldn’t let it happen. Lily slowly succumbed to a light and difficult sleep, tossing and turning. Marie touched Lily’s forehead with two fingers. It was much too hot to the touch. Marie watched her sleeping sister and knew that they would have to escape from this disease somehow…

What would happen if Marie herself, caught The Plague? Who would be left to take care of Lily? Marie swept Lily’s fringe off of her forehead, kissing the scorching girl softly on her crown. There had to be something she could do. She shut her eyes and rubbed her temples, trying to remember anything that might help them. Like a dream her mother’s voice filled her mind; Marie remembering from a story Mother had told her long ago:

There is a land, or so they say, filled with magic! Yes, darling- real magic. It is called Fallemore, Land of the Falls. Beautiful spurts of water fall and majestic forests bloom everywhere. It is untouched by disease…by evil…by darkness…by sorrow.

Marie’s eyes opened with a jolt. Could this fairy tale place, with magic exist? She let the thought slide for a moment as she busied herself with cooking a meal for the two of them. Magic wasn’t real and nor was Fallemore, there was only the inescapable Plague.

As though to accentuate this thought she heard The Man come, on his daily trip, ringing his bell. The bell seemed to scream to everyone in Liermore to bring out their dead, The Man not needing to speak anymore the awful words.

Marie shut her eyes in sorrow and pain as she also heard the daily screams as the quarantine people burned down the victims’ homes, warding away the death and sickness there.

Marie looked back at her sister, heaving a sigh. What had happened to the happy world she had known? It had been filled with youth, and wonder…fairy tales, even. The bell clanged and she winced again, was The Plague going to last forever?

Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:07 pm

Clip, clop, clip, clop.

Ilithya sighed wearily. The sun radiated from above, beaming splashes of sunlight upon the trees and bushes and leaves that surrounded her. A soft breeze blew by, playing with tendrils of hair that had fallen out from her disintegrating ponytail.

Clip, clop, clip, clop.

Wedged precariously in front of her, Wolf gave a low growling noise. Even in a trot he was in danger of sliding and tumbling down to the ground. Ilithya had previously had a fast journeying in mind, but as soon as she had mounted she immediately realised that if she broke into a gallop then Wolf would fall off immediately. Hence it had taken almost two hours to get out of Nerai. Now she was leading the stallion down a path in a deep forest.

Presently, a trickling sound to her right caught her attention. She turned, looking over a clump of bushes, and spotted a small stream running by a few metres away. Immediately, she gave the reins a sharp tug. The horse halted. Ilithya wrapped one arm around Wolf and dismounted smoothly. She led the horse carefully off the path and around a tree to the stream. The horse gave a delighted whinny and lowered its head to drink. Wolf dropped from her arms and did the same. The girl sank down to her knees and cupped her hands in the cool, clear water. Then she lifted it up to her mouth and gulped thirstily. After repeating this a couple of times, she sat back in the grass. Wolf turned and leapt into her lap. She gave a small smile and began to stroke his back, running her fingers though his long white fur.

She looked up at the sky and jerked her head a little as to shake the hair out of the way of her vision. In truth, she had no idea where she was going. She just knew that if she wanted to survive, then escaping Nerai had been the right thing to do. But ... it wasn't just Nerai. It was everywhere in Leiin. Every town ... the Plague's ability, its speed to spread through and past each of them was shocking.

So where could she go? She closed her eyes briefly. Slowly, a hazy image from her memories swam into her mind ... the page of a book ... a storybook ... the creatures went to Fallemore, a land of joy and beauty ... Her eyes opened again.

"Fallemore ..." she sounded the word through her lips, quietly.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:12 pm

'I want you to find it, Steve. Find Fallemore, save your family, save us, before it is too late. I know of its existence and you should too. Believe Steven Shaw, believe.'

Steven awoke from a fitful dream, with his mother's form swimming in and out of view. He put a hand to his head, groaning. He knew that the dream had not been just that - a dream... it had really happened... his mother really had whispered those words to him in her bed, in between being sick, in between coughing, while her husband's own symptoms could be heard in the room next door.

Steven slid up the tree trunk, his back to the bark. He looked around, first sleepily, and then wildly as he searched for his horse. He had spent the last money they had had on that horse... where was she?

Not in the clearing Steven was standing in, certainly. He cursed himself under his breath. Why did he have to go on this wild goose chase? He certainly didn't believe in this 'Fallemore' land, so how could he possibly find it?

Steven clicked his tongue, and began stalking through the undergrowth for his horse. "Here, horsey, horsey, horsey," he breathed, wishing he knew the mare's name. "Here, horsey, horsey!"

After around five minutes of repeating the same words over and over again, Steven stopped, exasperated, and thundered, "Horsey!"

The bay mare came trotting out of the forest, quite unperturbed. Steven let out a sigh of relief. "Thank the Gods!" he breathed.

"What on earth were you doing?" he snarled suddenly, grabbing the horse's reins and wagging his finger at it as if it was a naughty child. "I need you to find Fallemore, all right? Don't wander off!"

The mare gazed dryly at Steven with watery brown eyes. Steven sighed and mounted her, patting her neck, still pondering on what to name her. "Well," he said, sighing, "we'd better get on, then..."

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:17 pm

"Matt! Peter!" Janaff called, his voice cutting through the air as he ran excitedly towards his friends. It was late afternoon, and he had arrived later than he'd wished.

"Jan!" Peter shouted back, as Janaff's footsteps slowed and stopped. He sat down on the floor, beside his black-haired friend, Matthew, who was gazing downward gloomily, and then gazed back towards his other friend. Peter took an uncomfortable glance towards Matthew before speaking again, "What took you so long?"

Janaff groaned, shaking a few strands of light brown hair away from his eyes. "Chores!" he grumbled. "Aunt Belinda went overboard today. First I had to take some food to her friend, who lives on the other side of town, and then I had to plant some carrots, get some more water... you wouldn't believe it. It was never-ending."

Peter laughed, and took out a long wooden sword, waving it in the air. "Time for a swordfight!" he declared. "You beat me last time, but this time I'll be the winner!"

"Never!" Janaff laughed, standing up and taking out his own wooden sword. The three boys often played with these, challenging each other to duels. He had been looking forward to this moment today; it had been a while since they last sparred. He waved his sword in the air, like Peter was doing, and then turned to Matthew. "Matt? You coming?"

Matthew shook his head slowly, his black hair hardly moving, his eyes lifeless. "I'll watch."

Janaff frowned and exchanged glances with Peter. Something was wrong. He met Peter's red eyes once more, and then his gaze fell to the wooden sword he was holding in his right hand. He slipped it back under his belt, abandoning the idea of a fight, and knelt down beside his friend, putting his arm around his shoulder. "Matthew... what's wrong?"

"L-look," Peter started to say, his voice trembling. "The sun's going to set soon." He pointed towards the yellow orb in the sky. "I should get home. See you both later, guys." He glanced back towards Janaff and Matthew once, before turning in the other direction and slipping through the narrow streets of town.

Janaff sighed. He knew Peter felt uncomfortable around Matthew today and wanted to leave. He turned back to his other friend, who was still staring solemnly at the rocky ground. "Look, Matt..." he pleaded. "Please tell me what's wrong."

Tears glazed Matthew's grey eyes as he looked into Janaff's amber ones, and when he spoke, it was not in the warm, excited voice that Janaff had often heard, but a foreign, desperate, raspy one which did not seem to belong to him at all. "It's... my... mother," Matthew said slowly, as if he were struggling to get the words out. "The... the..."

Matthew did not need to finish the phrase. Janaff knew what had happened. He put a finger to Matthew's lips. "Don't speak," he whispered, showing his comprehension. It was The Plague. The Plague, which destroys everything. Matthew's mother had caught it, just like his best friend, Derek had, just over a year ago...

Aruptly, Matthew grabbed Janaff's hand. "Jan, she's going to die!" Tears flowed out of his dull eyes. Janaff could not do anything save wrapping his arms around his friend's cold body.

Janaff stood up, and helped Matthew to do the same. He thought of saying something, but changed his mind. It was better that Matthew did not hear it. "Let's go home," he said instead. The two of them walked in the direction of Matthew's house, Janaff's hand never leaving his friend's shoulder.

{ will mention Fallemore in next post }
Last edited by Divine on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topic locked