Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wrath and Wishes [[Open -- Serious RP]]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I've decided to make an original approach to this RP. There's a lot which are driven by six elements, six stones, six planets, and what have you. Mine -- inspired by The Plague, which I was too late and uninspired to join -- is driven by six characters, not counting mine, of course, because I'm the GM and whatnot.

Each character will, in turn, have a chance to drive the setting and plot. This is something of an improv excercise for me, because as the GM, I shall be linking your characters together. Likely, through the RP, we will travel to different homelands as your learn about different characters; here, let me give a quick example.

Part 1: We begin on a pirate ship. Yamato is the captain. Susuka, Kalo, Mogrbin, Joniseph, Sephiroth and Erik, eventually, make their presence on the ship known, too. We discover a lot about Yamato, but on the way, the others are hardly inactive!
Part 2: Susuka, having convinced Yamato to quit his criminal life, brings the whole crowd away with her to a forest. They all come -- because they will starve if they do not! There's a desert in between! We discover a lot about Susuka this time.

Well, it goes on like that. And no, the characters are not pre-specified. But, although each section will focus on a certain character, do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT make your posts in a section that is not focusing on YOU purely re-active. For this to work, ALL characters must provide material, NEW material that can move the plot along.

Rules: All normal RP rules apply, but also:
1. NO MARY-SUES. I cannot stress this enough. I anticipate tragic pasts; we shall be discovering your character's past, too, after all. But be careful.

2. No Flinchers. These are characters who are so predictable in all their actions that there is no reason to play them; named after my old, under-repairs, Oakleaf. Whatever anyone did, it made her afraid. All she did was flinch, tremble, hallucinate, scream, you name it. And then there's the ones who just smile. And the ones who go "I WILL KILL YOU ALL". And, worst of all, the ones who cut themselves ALL. THE. TIME. By the way, to confirm that you have read these, put the word "Bedstead" in your PM.

This is a character-driven RP. As such, I shall be requiring VERY detailed bios, sent through PM, to fill the six slots.

This RP is set between 1600 and 1900. See how broad that is? That's a good thing. There may be magic, but it is not a common thing at all in this world. Most people do not believe in it. Do not act like everyone has magic and knows all about it; only 1 in 100,000 people in this world has it. Most of THOSE don't KNOW it.

You must fill out the bio fully. Don't keep their history secret, please; it WILL be revealed through RP, and I will not show the bios to other players, or act on OOC info.

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
History:
Posessions:
Other:

Have fun!

Slots: 1. Erik (Me. He hasn't got a last name.)
2. Blank
3. Blank
4. Blank
5. Blank
6. Blank
7. Blank

Edit: Okay, I'm sorry. I posted this at the library, and I was in a rush to post it and then be picked up by my mom at the scheduled time. There's a lot of things which people want me to sort out that I was not specific about, so here goes:

Meiou, yes, Furres are allowed. XD Why else would I put 'species'?

This world is similar in most ways to Earth. The countries and civilizations are the same. There are to be NO magical cities, because as I have stated, there are hardly any people who both have and know they have magic on this planet. I'm guessing that some of these characters will be exceptions.

You post just like any RP. The system I created for this character-driven RP is partially because we, with our awesome characters, tend to usurp/hijack the RP a lot. In this manner we shall all have quite enough of our turn!

You don't need to go into big detail about little things like "age" (Unless it works for your char; like if they're a vampire. But I wouldn't reccomend playing a vampire... they're not the globally accepted but scorned bishies they are in some fantasy. They need to HIDE their vampirism, elseways they get the mobs after them, "Kill The Beast" style.) But I NEED your detailed histories; the whole thing, pretty much, is going to be running on those. Detail in the areas of posessions and magic are important too; you can't just make up new spells on a whim to get out of problems.

What I will be doing is using your histories to set the RP and occasionally weaving them together in ways which will facilitate the plot as I set it out. For example: X was kept in a dungeon for a few years. Y was a magistrate before he was recognised as a previous criminal and fled town. Therefore, X and Y might recognise the same prison, X having been there and Y having sent people such as X to it.

No, no. NONE of the characters are pre-specified; the whole "Yamato" and whatnots were theoretical examples. Until I get those bios in, nothing is set.

Okay, I hope this cleared up your problems! PM me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Eo: I PM'd my bio to you, that is what you wanted, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:31 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hmm how to put this? Ah i know Ditto!

Please somone sign up with this an help me out to get KH2

http://freevideogames.peel.com/refer.php?l=fvg11221945rrygy

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]