Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:13 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Obidiently (Don't know how to spell) Hikaru followed, taking a good look at everything.
"I have groomed before" she offered, although she thought it wouldn't make much difference. She just wanted something to say.

ImageImage[/url]Image
neopets→hikaru_shineImage
Flyff (Mia)→HikaruKi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:32 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

"Good. How're you with hooves?" she asked in reply, setting everything down neatly near - but out of stepping range - of Charomile. She then raised a brow. "Did I ask you if you ever even ridden?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:27 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

"I don't think so" Hikaru said smiling. She was the type that was usually always smiling.
"Yes, I've ridden, only it was just being on the horse and run around for a bit."

ImageImage[/url]Image
Flyff (Mia)→HikaruKi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:46 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

"Ah. Well, tell me something: what do you really want out of this? People usually have a goal. Like, me...Jumping and Dressage. Others just want to do pleasure...the whole open show type of thing. There's alot more...but..." She shrugged and took the saddle and bridle from Hikaru, placing the headstall over her shoulder and sat the saddle down on it's horn and hung the bridle on a nearby hook. "Or are you just wanting to know the basics so you can basicly ride any time you want to without your horse freaking at something?" She smiled, thinking of her own horse who was the most skittish thing ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:50 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

"Right now, it's only just for pleasure." Hikaru said after a moment of thought. "Oh, yes, plus the last one."

ImageImage[/url]Image
Flyff (Mia)→HikaruKi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:31 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Tess nodded. "Alright. You groom and I need-" A loud bang erupted and she sighed heavily, rolling her eyes to the side and turned with one foot, placing her hands on her hips. "Hey! I'm gonna have to put another payment into that stall if you don't knock it off! I can't afford another hole at the moment!" She hollard so her horse wouldn't ignore her. "You groom while I lounge him. I think he's about to burst with energy," she said and smiled, walking off towards her horse's stall. In moments, the short girl was leading a rather tall horse by a lounge line towards the indoor arena. After entering, she made the horse halt and shut the gate and then lea dhim to the center of the ring, allowing him to trot energeticly around her, giving him more slack on the lounge line until he was creating a nice, big circle around her.

Sunlight glistened upon his dark bay hue, tressles of his mane waving with each step he took. Muscles rippled beneath his flesh and his ears were perked forward, eyes full of excitement. His elegent head was thrust towards the ground and he let out a large buck.
"Hey, take it easy now. I don't want you gettin' hurt," Tess said to him, giving the lounge line a small tug. The horse let out a series of snorts and Tess made a smooching noise with her lips. Instantly, Sacred picked up a gorgeous canter, letting out a series of tiny bucks this time instead of one large one.
"I swear, you just bottle it up don't you?" Tess shook her head and continued to exercise her horse for a little while longer, praising him when he listened to her cues and words.

Last edited by UberSpiffehEquestrian on Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:42 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hikaru nodded and patted the horse's nose before she began grooming. As she was small, she had to go on her tiptoes to reach the top.
She watched the other two out of the corner of her eye.
"Nice morning, isn't it." she said softly to the horse

ImageImage[/url]Image
Flyff (Mia)→HikaruKi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:44 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Alejandro leaned on the fence outside the lounging area. He placed both elbows onto it, watching the chemistry between the girl and the horse. He smiled to himself, recalling his first horse. His father had a small Arabian horse that he let Alejandro ride. The horse was only thirteen hands tall, not a true horse, but Alejandro loved that horse. It was longer than the usual Arabian horse, too. It had all six lumbars. He rode it all the time. Then it died one day, and he hadn't looked back, hadn't ridden a horse. When he saw the stable sign on the edge of the road, he had to stop in. Now he was recalling how much he loved being with his old horse. He decided that he was going to stay here, no matter how much work he had to do, just so he could ride another Arabian horse like the one his father owned. His eyes misted up and he lost track of time, watching the girl lounging the horse.

Co-Chair of the Sugarinii/Tasha Fan Club
Set by my hero, DM!
FFR. Augustine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:43 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

"And walk," Tess said as Sacred was trotting and he did as he was told. "Whoa." He stopped and snorted, flicking his tail and stamping a hoof. Tess began to walk towards him, coiling the lounge line up at the same time and pressed her shoulder against his neck, reaching an arm beneath it and scratching him on the other side beneath the mane. "Good boy. We'll do some more work, later, alright? I promise. That way you're not all cooped up and what not." Just as she was getting ready to lead Sacred back out of the arena, she spotted someone and smiled. "Are you one of the riders, or are you new?" she asked kindly, walking over. She grabbed a leadrope that was slung over the rail and replaced it with the lounge line. Sacred snorted again and began to paw at the ground until Tess told him to "sh-hhh".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

"I know how to ride. I am also new here. I wanted to be able to ride an Arabian, a large one. I don't care what I have to do to get it." Alejandro said quietly, watching the girl's horse. "My name is Alejandro."

Set by my hero, DM!
FFR. Augustine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:47 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Tess nodded slowly. "Al...right. Follow me," she replied, nodding with her head in the direction of the rest of the barn. "Just lemme put my horse up first. How you doin' Hikaru? You ready to tack up?" she hollared from where she was at, walking Sacred down one of the aisleways to his stall. She disappeared inside, coming back out seconds later with his halter and leadrope and slung them on the hook on his stall door. "No kicking, got it? Like I said, I can't afford to replace anymore boards or do any payments." She then walked back over to Alejandro. "A'ight. Name's Tess and no, I am not the stable owner. I board and work here, though. We only have a few arabians. What style do you ride and how much do you know about handling horses that buck or are skittish?" she asked while walking in the direction of Hikaru and Charomile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

"I usually rode California Western, but I know South Western and English well enough to get by. I think that I could do fine with any horse, skittish or not, if I only had time to break it in. How many horses do you have here?" Alejandro asked, looking at the stable.

Set by my hero, DM!
FFR. Augustine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:24 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

"Well, there's no horses than need to broken in. We currently have thirty-two, more than Caroline can actually handle by herself. That's why I'm here. And was California your horse, or where you rode? Because quite frankly, western's basicly the same everywhere. Different saddles, yes. But the style is the same - one handed. Ears, hips, and heels are all in allignment, neck reining...the whole shindig." She walked over to the large dry erase board and scanned it. "Like I said, no horses here need breaking in. A gentle hand and voice sometimes. Maybe some work. The arabs we have ARE a bit skittish and what not. One is used for jumping, another is used for any type of pleasure, and the last one...Well. She can do just about anything once you get her quieted. The easiest trot to sit or post to, smoothest canter or lope - depending on what style you're doing again - and she knows lots of dressage. And the only other arab besides them is my horse." Tess sighed quietly. "How about this, once I get Hikaru here settled and what not, all three of us can ride? Sound like a plan? We could use the big back pasture. Enough room for cantering, nice, flat and dry. There's a couple of logs out there for jumping and the fence line is great to use if you're practicing pleasure." She then looked to Hikaru. "That sound alright with you?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

"There are two main styles of Western." Alejandro said. "The one that originated in California, and the one that originated in Texas. The only main difference is the type of rein used. The California Western used Romal reins, instead of the split reins of the South Western riders." He shrugged. "I'd love to go riding on that last Arabian you mentioned."

Set by my hero, DM!
FFR. Augustine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:48 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

"A'ight." She took in a deep breath and looked back down the aisleway. "Third aisle, fourth stall on the left. She's the white one, so you can't really miss her." Tess then began to debate with herself if she was going to ride western or english and then shrugged it off. She would decide when she was finished directing everyone. "I'll show you where her tack and grooming supplies are once you have her hooked up to some crossties."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next