Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sloth's Legacy (Signups Open)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:24 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Signups are open for Sloth's Legacy. I'd like to note that the story is supposed to be a tad more serious than your general Neopets RP/story, but zany characters are not to be discouraged.

Story

It's been two years since Sloth's latest defeat, and peace has reigned over Neopia. Of course, there were those who knew Sloth may return one day, after all, the amulet had been lost. Still, even the most cynical could agree he wasn't getting out of there for some time.
But one of the perks of being an evil genius is that you don't always need to be around for your plans to go in motion. All you need to do is sow the seeds of corruption, and write up a few plans... after that, it's just management.

Deep in the bowels of the caverns underneath Neopia Central, a quiggle was hard at work keeping notes on a set of metal tubes, each with an unconcious neopian inside. "Jetsam... normal. Lupe... normal. Kyrii... hmm, nanite levels are a little low, but within an acceptable margin..."
He'd been in charge of the cybernetics division of Sloth's army. The plan was that they could abduct a small number of neopians, and use mechanical parts to make them stronger than the mutation project. With this, there would be no need for easily noticed mass abductions the mutation project required... but sadly, this process took far more time, and wasn't perfected yet. The higher mortality rate in particular was a big concern. So when the time came for Sloth to try his hand at world domination again, the cybernetics project was placed on the back burner in exchange for what worked. A big mistake in the quiggle's eyes. "Sloth is too hasty a man... I'll show him that slow and steady wins the race. Isn't that right my minions?" A whole chorus of mechanical pets beeped in approval. "Excellent. Your new generals are almost ready..."

Characters

Name: Altravis Quickclaw
Species: Green Scorchio
Background: A true orphan, he never knew his parents, and lived at a pound until adopted by Urthdigger. Perhaps in return for the sad blow life dealt him early on, he's unnaturally lucky, something he tends to rely on, especially when gambling. Of course, this isn't a very smart thing as he rarely has a backup plan for if it fails. The eldest of Urth's pets, he sure doesn't act like it, he lets fate guide him, and tends to just let things happen as they will.

Name: Bernlad Pendragon
Species: Red Shoyru
Background: Bernlad was born to a large, and regretfully, poor family. He was placed up for adoption to reduce the strain on the family. He's been on the bad side of the law quite a few times. As a kid, he stole to help out his family. Now with Urth, his tendency to help out the underdog gets him in quite a few fights... not normally a terribly bad thing, but he has a tendency to use anything and everything as a weapon when facing foes bigger than him, which leads to quite a bit of theft and property damage. The 2nd youngest of the group, he acts as the leader, exploring the world and running their store. He always sends a small bit of the profit he makes back home to help out his old family.

Name: Huntsmaster Geovanni
Species: Green Lupe
Background: Huntsmaster is a lupe shrouded in mystery, or he would be if he had his way. He's done a rather poor job of covering his tracks, especially by keeping his last name. Urth was able to track down that he was born into the Geovanni crime family, but has apparently left. Which begs the question, if it was so easy for Urth to find out, why hasn't his old family come to drag him back? Since entering Urth's family, he's joined LACE (Lupes Against Chia Eating). The polar opposite of Bernlad in terms of personality, he's largely quiet and rarely talks. Usually the first sign that you've angered him is a swipe of his claws: He also rarely ever uses a weapon. Interesting for such an active person, he is immensely fond of video games.

Name: Leonardo Light
Species: Green Kacheek
Background: Leonardo is the only child of a rich family, who gave him all a growing child could want. The best schooling, servants, they doted on him endlessly. But as his knowledge grew, he became ashamed of how much he had when others had little. More than that, he grew disgusted by his parents' belief that any problem could be fixed if you threw enough money at it. He ran away and put himself up for adoption, where he was picked up by Urth. His parents ceaselessly try to give him gifts to persuade him to come back, but he refuses them all... with one exception: He's a sucker for anything to help him learn more such as books and tutors. Despite being the youngest, he's very smart, especially in the fields of medicine and engineering: He has a tendency to refer to himself as "Doctor" as a result. The opposite of Altravis as far as personality goes, he chooses to rely on chance as little as possible, believing that a good plan is the most powerful weapon of all.

Name: ????
Species: Yellow Quiggle
Background: A scientist under the employ of Dr. Sloth. Eager to prove his plan would succeed, at any cost.

Last edited by Urthdigger on Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Anyone interested in a mature Neopets RP?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:42 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Sounds interesting enough.

So, what are we playing as? Pets, owners, faeries, or something else entirely? Or can we choose? I can imagine it'd be interesting to have, say, an owner who lost his pets, a Tyrannian Chomby, a Faerie Quiggle, and a Light Faerie team up. They can join in any way they like, but should probably start off alone. Well, that's my 2 cents, anyway.

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:49 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Well, the idea was to have owners and their pets, though I suppose having a few people RPing as fairies would make it a little more interesting. A note on the owners though, they'd likely be rather weak (Basing it on in-game stats, pets reach strength levels far exceeding a human's relatively easily), so any combat would likely exclude owners unless they're feeling particularly gung-ho or suicidal. I myself will just be using my 4 pets, since Urth's an odd sort and I'm not sure I wanna use him on PPT quite yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Faeries were actually just an example, as I'm still turning this thing over in my mind. I can imagine people wanting to play as an abandoned petpet just as well. These are just ideas. The thing is, if we are just going for the obvious route of an owner with his pets, I think it's going to feel very much like a Pokémon roleplay, very quickly. And lord knows I've tried those enouh to know they can't hold my interest. So what about a single pet, abandoned? Or a pet with an actual job? I mean Dr. Death has a job. Nigel does. All the standholders in the Deserted Fairgrounds do. The most likely thing I'll do is make a character consisting of one pet, abandoned or not, but with an interesting story behind it; or play something else entirely (Light Faerie, Meepit, The Chia Clown who has lost interest in fighting in the Battledome,...)

Does this sound ok?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:23 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Yes, I probably should have rephrased what I said in my last post. What I meant was that owner+pet is what I'd anticipated people to RP as, but that really anything from neo works. Abandoned pet, pet with owner, self reliant pet that doesn't need an owner (Shopkeepers for example), owner trying to save his own hide, heck, RP a petpet if you want (Petpetpet might be a tad too small to RP well...). Besides, as I mentioned in my post, my owner won't be making an appearance so it'd be pet only for me.

Pretty much only two rules as far as character creation: It has to be a neopian, whether pet, owner, or otherwise, and it has to not be gamebreakingly powerful (I.E. no playing as the Snowager and turning the enemy forces into blocks of ice)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:36 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Cool, I'll try and come up with something interesting. And I agree, playing a Cooty or a Mootix would probably be quite the challenge (and have no influence on the game whatsoever :lol: ).

EDIT: Are 'canon' characters allowed, or are the characters to be original? I'll probably play an original character, but just to know what's allowed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:05 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

As a general rule, I'd prefer people use original characters, but if anyone thinks they can do a REAL good job of being in-character, they can feel free to be a canon character.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Character
Polly the Christmas Weewoo (pirates are no good when it comes to original names)

Appearance

Place of residence
Krawk Island (currently Neopia Central)

(Previous) owner
A rather disgruntled and embarrassed Pirate Kiko called 'Fierce Jake', owner and captain of 'The Kikoi Impregnable', a merchant vessel gone pirate

Background
While Polly was always well cared for by Fierce Jake, he just never felt enirely comfortable in his previous Pirate colour. He knew he didn't belong on Krawk Island along with all the other Weewoos yelling 'Arrrr' and 'Shiver me timber' all day long. Still, every year around christmas time, he felt a little bit better because of the spirit of giving, even if it was only glass eyes and bottles of rum that were being exchanged. Yet each year, when the festivities ended, it was back to regular pirate life, and this always depressed Polly so much he probably would have ended up in history books as the first petpet to spontaneously turn Grey from sadness.

Last Christmas, however, a ship heading from Happy Valley to Neopia Central got (very) lost and ended up at Krawk Island. While their ship was being fixed, the crew wandered around the island, trying to spread the spirit of Christmas as it should be celebrated. While they were turned away at every door, Polly could not stop following them, and when all was said and done, Polly ended up with a few new friends and a Christmas Petpet Paint Brush. While the crew told Polly that their mission was sacred and he could not come with them, they saw the spirit of Christmas as it should be in him, and told them that next Christmas, it would be his responsibility to spread that spirit around Krawk Island. Now that December has almost come, Polly has finally dug up the brush from it's hidey-hole and painted himself Christmas over his old Pirate colouring.

The results were quite catastrophic: Fierce Jake, his owner, abandoned him in the middle of the sea during a storm, and while he tried to make his way back to Krawk Island - the only place he had ever known - he only managed to end up in Neopia Central. Desperate to find Krawk Island again, Polly is nevertheless determined to spread the spirit of Christmas wherever he can.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:07 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Hmm... I was hoping for more people since with just one other person, it's like I'm writing a story by myself and the other person's just a cameo. I need more people to do things I don't expect and cause the story to veer off track!

Nonetheless, I'm gonna just turn this into open signups... see if that drags anyone over.

Post subject: Re: Sloth's Legacy (Signups Open)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:04 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

umm i would like to play but i really dont have enough time

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:16 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I made one!

Name: Niller(for vanilla coke)
Species:The last Sugar Rush
Appearance
Background: He has spent his life in the dirt because to everyone, he is an old tin can.
He spent his life out side the Neocola machine wish and hoping. The he was cannaped by a branch of Sloths forces that studies rare petpets. Now he is locked in a cage and wants to get out.

Thank you Byakuya San for the set!

Last edited by Plastic Ninja on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:18 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I now have loads of time on my hands so
Name:Pog (as in cog but with a p)
Species: Poogle (if we have to make one up I will do so just tell me)
Appearance:
Background: Is always sad and depressed but somehow manages to smile all the time.
She was flying oneday when suddenly Dr Sloth himself flew past her in a hot air balloon. He noticed her and took her as a servant.She is now trying to escape

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]