Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: The World of the Turies [ONE space open!]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:54 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

This is now open. There is an opening for ONE main character, which is currently:
- Dark Knight

If you are interested, please read the rest of this post carefully, and PM your bio to me.

----------------------------------------------------
Side character bio:

Name:
Are you a plot-helper or human?:
Specie:
Looks:
Personality:
Other:
Anything else?:

Plot-helpers may be animals, or mythical folk/creatures. They don't have to be Turies. They can, of course, be Turie if they like. :) If they are Turie, I wouldn't encourage them to have a default job, but if they must, okay.

If you want to play as a human who wants to intrude Turie by finding the portal, that's all right too. ^_^

Hidden from the human world, an alternative world exists. A different human race, known as the Turies, live in it. The world was an unpolluted and clean place, and there was no war. There was never discrimination of any sort, and every Turie lived there peacefully. The technology used in the world was far greater than any of those in the human world.

Lately, a portal connecting the two worlds had been discovered by the human race. The several humans who managed to get into the world were amazed at what they saw. They couldn't survive for long however, and most didn't live to tell their tale. Unfortunately, one of the humans made it back to his world, and very soon, the land of the Turies were the talk of the entire human world. Scientists and researchers planned about doing studies and researches there. Others plotted about conquering and ruling the alternative world. It would be beneficial to also learn about the technology used there.

The Turies, who were aware of their world being intruded, became worried. They knew that the human world was dirty, polluted, and full of war. They knew of the humans' intentions. Humans and Turies could never live together. The differences were too large. That was the reason why they knew they had to close the portal. They wanted to protect their world. The Turies worked on numerous ways to destroy the portal, but all their plans were useless, as they did not even know where the portal really was.

They decided to send a squad to scout the vast lands of the world, and locate the portal, then shut it down. A special test was held at the most prestigious and elite training school, to pick 12 of the best students out of 300 candidates. After the grueling test, 12 were chosen, each for their special traits.

Fighting Turies used special balls of glass to transform into a 'job'. Each Turie can only transform into one job at a time. A Turie can only have 3 spheres [enabling them to have 3 jobs] at a time. There are 12 jobs altogether.

Gunner - Attack using dual silver guns.

Gun Mage - Attack using a special gun which targets the enemies' weaknesses.

White Mage - Doesn't attack, but knows a wide range of healing and aiding spells.

Black Mage - Attack with a wide range of magical elemental spells.

Alchemist - Attack with a huge blaster gun, but really specializes in mixing items together and making full use of them.

Dark Knight - Fight with a sword, high defense, attack and endurance but very low agility.

Samurai - Fights with a blade, relies on passive attacks to be effective. Doesn't attack head-on.

Warrior - Fights with a sword, able to fight with elemental magic and a variety of attacks that can lower enemy attributes.

Thief - Fights with two knives. Can steal money, items, and just about anything else.

Trainer - Fights alongside a unique pet of his/her own. Their pet does the damaging and fighting. ;)

Berserker - Doesn't use a weapon, but fights by kicking or punching. Relies on brute strength to gain victory.

Songstress - Doesn't fight, but dances and sings to help allies or hinder enemies.

Notes:
- 12 players only please. If this gets popular, then I'll let more members join, but as side characters.
- Each character is about 15-18 years of age.
- Each character starts the role-play with one different sphere. For example, there can't be two White Mages at the beginning of the role-play.
- The characters may gain two more spheres throughout the role-play, thus, having the same job as another character. This is okay, but there can not be two of the same jobs at the same time. That means, the characters may own the same jobs, but not be transformed into the same job at the same time.
- Flashy and unusual outfits are common in the world of Turie.
- I know this is a bad rip-off FF X-2. XD
- To prove you read all this, put in 'Turie' in the 'Anything Else' part of your bio.
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic role-playing skills are needed.
- Please don't join if you plan to disappear after a week or so.
- Please join if you are willing to post at least once a week. If you are going to be away for some period of time, please let me know and you'll be excused.
- Romance is allowed in this role-play, but let's not overdo it. ;)
- I reserve the right to decline any members who don't read the rules or this post thoroughly.
- One sign of power-hogging.......*cracks knuckles*

Bios:

Name:
Default job:
Personality:
Looks:
Other [about your character]:
Are you willing to post at least once a week?:
Anything else:

Here's my bio:

Name: Elily
Default job: Gunner
Personality: Bright and dreamy. She is usually a little blur, but desperation and adrenaline can kick her mind into cooking up the most sophisticated and well-thought up plans for her advantage. There's always enough room for pranks! She does have a darker side, but that rarely pops up.
Looks: Has long, dark brown [almost black] hair, and violet eyes. She usually has her hair tied up in a bun, or a similiar fashion involving pins. Wears a bareback light, soft blue top, and a black leather skirt reaching up to her knees, secured by a belt, and a waistpouch. Wears a pair of black boots which covers up to her knees. Also wears a deep blue cloak, which ends at her ankles.
Other [about your character]: Her ambition is to become a professional assassin. She still grieves over her sister Elissis's death, but she gets snappy if anyone tries to talk about it.
Are you willing to post at least once a week?: Yes.
Anything else: Uhh...Turie?

We'll start when we have enough people.

Last edited by .:Glass Miracle:. on Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:01 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:53 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Name: Andy
Default job: Gun Mage
Personality: Optimistic guy who believes that the glass of water is always half full. Easy going and has a long fuse, but don't try him.
Looks: Wears a cap that covers his dark, black hair. He has light brown eyes and he's as fit as a fiddle. He wears a dark green jacket containing his ammo, a plain black T-shirt, black long pants and a black cape. [I'm plain, sue me! XD ]
Other [about your character]: Used to practise shooting when he was 5 years old.
Are you willing to post at least once a week?: Of course I will, that's a silly... err... did I say silly?
Anything else: Turie!!! XD

Last edited by WittySquirrel on Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[I just had to scream and jump right in. I was going to join firstly because it was one of your RPs and secondly because it was new, but now thirdly I love this and I'm currently a little obssessed over FFX and FFX-2 anyway!]

Name: Karmina
Default job: Songstress
Personality: A girl who is a little inadequate socially, but nonetheless a loyal personality. She can be a little sharp at times although she is secretly very fond of her friends. Completely serious about her work, she has a strong work ethic and excellent concentration when needs be. Physically, she is not particularly strong (thus her default job) but she has enough inner strength to get through rough times.
Looks: Of average height with neat, straight black hair cut to meet at a point mid-way down her back. Her skin is of a pale pallor despite her good health. Her eyes are "as black as night" to match her hair and she wears a simple dress, often of the same colour with neat black boots. A hint of the perfectionist coming out, perhaps.
Other: As a young girl, her parents have trained her in the art of singing and dancing since she was three. The job is a traditional one handed down from generation to generation and her parents evidently wanted her to do well, like all her predecessors have before her. She is used to hard work but less so to criticism, always anxious that she is doing the correct thing. Quite intelligent, she caught on quickly enough and exceeds the average - but above average is never good enough anyway, which explains her need to excel.
Are you willing to post at least once a week?: Once every other day at least.
Anything else: Ballad of the Turie Maide is the song she is currently working on.

[I'm very out of practice so please excuse the poor quality of the post.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Name: Iaran
Default job: Theif
Personality: Bubbly and hyper-active, Iaran is very lightweight and is often jumping around the battlefield. She can turn really evil if she wants to, but usually confuses her enemies, fiends, and even her friends by appearing cheerful, yet possessing much hidden strength and determination.
Looks: She has long dark brown hair, with many streaks of blonde. She ties her hair up into braids, and loops, and uses many beads on them.
She wears a gold bikini, with black tassles hanging from the top. A black mini-skirt, with a belt with golden buckles. She wears black leather heeled shoes; and has detached sleeves, which are black with many golden ribbons and bows. She also has black gloves, a black scarf that fades into an orangey-gold, and sometimes wears sunglasses. (Base the outfit on Rikku's their dressphere)
Other [about your character]: Iaran's mother died when she was born, she went to an orphanage and learned to fight with her two daggers.
Are you willing to post at least once a week?: Yes!!!
Anything else: TURIE!!! and it's my birthday today :D

Last edited by ria on Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

We powerhog, and you crack your knuckles? O.o Scary, the sound of bone against bone :P

Name: Menai
Default job: White Mage
Personality: Sometimes she is stubborn, snappy and bad-tempered, and other times caring and understanding. She changes very easily between these two personalities. To her, it seems as if there are two of her, the bad side and the good side, each fighting to take control of her body. This confuses her very much, for she doesn't know whether it's her all the time, or whether it's almost like having two souls cramped into her. She is clever and reserved, though snobbish at times.
Looks: Long, wild red hair that reaches her elbows, worn loose because it looks even more tangled and horrible if she ties it up. No amount of brushing and/or washing can tame her hair. She has determind, sapphire blue eyes that can suddenly glaze over with icy, rather intimidating fury. She is tall and slender, and she takes advantage of her slim figure to always hold herself daintily, no matter what happens.
Other [about your character]: Comes from a crowded family, with eight irritable brothers and four giggly sisters. Her mother, a distinguished-looking widow, looks down on Menai for not even trying to make an effort to be "hot and cool" like her other sisters. Menai is disgusted with her entire family, mother and all, and would never imagine trying to join her sisters in cheerleading and attending dances. Not that they would ever let her join them anyway - they were terrified of her mature and well-mannered ways, and they had heard of several reports of Menai being violent when Menai was in her "mean" mode.
Are you willing to post at least once a week?: Yes.
Anything else: Turie - sounds cute :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:14 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Alright, I'll save a spot for you. ^_^ Thief is now reserved. Glad you all joined by the way.]

- Sweet set made by GlimmerFae-
"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Avatar removed, hotlinking problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:23 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

((OOH! This looks good...reallyreally good!))

Name: Myrei
Default job: Trainer
Personality: Perhaps a bit socially challenged, she very rarely approaches others, though to the right person, she is a strong and loyal friend.
Looks: Quite slim, and of average hight for her age. Her hair is dark brown, falling straight to a point nearly to her waist, offsetting deep grey eyes.
Other: (Not that you need to know right now. XP)
Are you willing to post at least once a week?: Of course!
Anything else: Turie

Last edited by .:Requiem:. on Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:16 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Name: Akirno "Aki"
Gender: Male (Witty can't have all the fun, and besides roleplaying as the opposite gender is fun!)
Default job: Alchemist
Personality: Cheerful and easy-going, he's fairly easy to get long with.
At times he can be rather naive, but he's a quick learner so it's never posed a problem to him.
Aki also has a strong sense of Justice and belives in fairplay no matter what the consequences, both of wich could be contributed to various incidents in his childhood.
Also, Aki is fairly impulsive acting on purely instinct and hunches to mix together his items.
Looks: Aki's rather tall and lanky and yet bumps into suprisingly few objects for someone his height. He also has cyan-blue eyes, and curly black hair down to about the middle of his back wich he ties back in a pony-tail. Holding his hair back(but to no availe, for strands of it still wiggle free ) is a pair* of yellow-lensed googles he wears when fighting.
His pants are a well-worn pair of blue pants, but the original color has been lost in the sea of patches sewn and ironed on them, and then drowned underneith the belts he wears on his right leg to hold his gun, a spiked steel knee-plate on his left knee, as well as the belt to hold up his pants. His shirt is a plain hunter green (and has seen as much wear as his pants), and his almost ankle-length coat is a deep-sea blue with pale white trimming on it, and a steel spiked shoulder-plate.
Other [about your character]: Oddly, Aki has a fear of loud noises.
Aki is also the 2nd oldest amongst his five bothers, so he doesn't have much practice with the opposite gender.
Are you willing to post at least once a week?: yes, summertime I'm online almost all day
Anything else: Dude!Turie, Man! Turie!

*Is it correct to call them a "pair"?
** Also I tried to base it off the X-2 alchemsit costume, hence the belts and steel plates(at least I think there called plates...or something similar)

Looks like I'm back!

Last edited by CommanderSwiss on Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:47 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

((hehe, this sounds like fun!!))

Name: Malea
Default job: Black Mage
Personality: kind. doesnt hurt anyone unless she has to. she can be a bit short tempered. very shy.
Looks: light brown hair, warn in two braids. dark blue eyes. a little short. black baggy pants, black boots that are covered by her pants, black belly-shirt, t-shirt. black cape.
Other: Her parents are either dead, or missing. they left her when she was 9. She learned to live by her self for the rest of her life.
Are you willing to post at least once a week?: yep! :D
Anything else: Turie

Last edited by Crow on Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

(This looks great! And I SWEAR I won't dissapear this time, GM. If I do for some odd reason though, you can take away all of my pickles and... And... Throw them down the garbage disposal. *Sniff* :lol: )

Name: Mina (Pronounced Mee-na, not My-na)
Default job: Warrior
Personality: Mina is tricky and clever, and enjoys making a game out of fighting people. She can be rather sadistic, and often she gets herself into more trouble than she can really handle. She is outspoken and opinionated, and likes her freedom.
Looks: She has a smaller build, often giving people the impression that she is harmless. Her hair is a light cornchip blonde, long and straight and often found with the top layer seperated into three neat braids, which are intertwined with bright red ribbons. She had vivid blue eyes. Her shorts are a faded red-orange color and don't come down very far at all on her thighs. Her shirt is a thin white one with long sleeves, and it has thin strings that crisscross over eachother all the way down the back.
Other [about your character]: Mina lives with her mother, but they don't see or talk to eachother much, as her mother is generally much too busy or wallowing in depression and grief over her husband's death only two years ago. Mina, who often thinks her mother is overreacting and just needs to get on her with life, misses her father greatly also, but hides her sadness for fear of being considered weak.
Are you willing to post at least once a week?: Yes. *Nods head fervently*
Anything else: Pickles pickles pickles turie pickles pickles pickles.

(EDIT: Crap. Crow posted just before me. *Changes Black Mage to Warrior*)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

[[Yay! Oh joy! An RP! Unfortunately I'm about to go offline... can you save me Dark Knight? Oh dear, I'm afraid you just figured out who I'm gonna be... ah well :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:45 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Alright. Here's an update. Taken jobs are:
- Gunner
- Gun Mage
- Songstress
- Thief
- White Mage
- Trainer
- Alchemist
- Black Mage
- Warrior
- Dark Knight

Before the role-play starts [not that it's starting now], expect a PM from me with further details of your chosen jobs.]

"I wanted to change the world, but I changed nothing. That is my story." - Auron, FF X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[Requiem, your character seems a little underage for the RP. o.O

I got the PM, thank you very muchoh.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:35 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

[Yea...]

[We'll start once CommanderSwiss fills in her bio as Alchemist. I'm itching to role-play...I even have my starting post planned out... XD ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

OOC: Gah...somehow I managed to miss that part when I read the rules. x.x

Got both PMs, thanks!

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37  Next