Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: The Mages of Crediath (open)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:51 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

1373 A.D. Wales

"The boy carries all the properties of a mage..."

"Not my William."

"Sir, if you let us take him, he will get all the training of a Mage. He is destined to lead us."

The two men looked at the ebony-haired child. It was hard to believe a ten year old could be a mage. The boy's father sighed and turned back to the robed mage. He nodded solomly.

"William, go with this man," he said, putting a hand on the child's shoulder. "He will care for you now." The child imbraced his father, then got in the carriage with the man.

"Your name from now on will be Zeta," the robed man told him.

Six years later

Zeta held his hands over the steaming cauldron, chanting. A surge of power knocked him off his feet and into the wall. His ebony hair started to change colors. It became golden, with silver streaks every few inches. It was the sign that he had passed the test. He was now a Mage of the Order of Crediath, the red mages. He was their leader now, his job to combate the Others, the black mages. It was time for him to prove himself...

Okay, if you haven't already figured it out, this is a mage roleplay. But you don't have to be a mage. You could be a witch, a knight, a demon, whatever. Just post your bio and join.

Bios:
Name:
Class: if mage, specify red or black
Apperance:
Background:
Other:

My bio:
Name: Zeta
Class: Red mage
Apperance: Black robe and cloak, shoulder length silver and gold hair. pale as death, with black eyes
Background: umm, I already told you. *points up*
Other: nothing

Setting is still Wales, year 1379.

Set by Scholastic, winner of my set contest!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Name: Mattia (Matt)
Class: Squire
Apperance: Brown hair cut ear-length. She wears Squire clothing. Her eyes are a deep blue, and she has freckles. Both she and her brother look almost exactly the same, especially once their hair are the same length.
Background: She is a twin. Her family are nobles, known, but not well-known. When together, they are always playing tricks and things. Otherwise, her history is... pretty normal. Thier father wanted her to become the mage, and her brother the knight.
Other: Both she and her twin have magical abilities. She and her brother switched places, so that they could become what they wanted to become. Because she does not want anyone to know she is female, she calls herself Matt.

Name: Matthew (Matt)
Class: Red Mage
Apperance: Brown hair cut ear-length. He wears an apprentice Red Mage robe. His eyes are blue, and freckles dot his face. He looks exactly like his twin sister.
Background: He is a twin. His family are nobles, known, but not well-known. When together, they are always playing tricks and things. Otherwise, his history is... pretty normal. Thier father wanted his sister to become the mage, and him the knight.
Other: Both she and her twin have magical abilities. She and her brother switched places, so that they could become what they wanted to become.

(I admit! I've been reading too much Tamora Pierce. I'm reading Alanna the First Adventure right now. Heh, and if any of you are knights, Mattia can be your squire!)

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:30 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

||Oooh! Me! I will be Mattia's knight! Tamora Pierce lovers unite! :P||

Name: Kryst
Class: Knight
Apperance: Night-black hair, cropped roughly to just past her shoulders/ She usually wears it in a short ponyail, though strands ooften escaped to fram her face. Sharp, almost elven features and a fit, willowy figure. Her deep grey eyes reveal little emotion.
Background: To be revealed....*eerie music*
Other: See above. :P

Name: T'lyr
Class: Demon
Apperance: The demon takes a somewhat humanoid form. She is covered in night-black fur, and stands on two legs with large, cat-like paws for feet. She can extend the toes of her forepaws into fingers when walking upright, or as paws when in her feral form. A head like a cross between a cat and dog, with a scar across one eye. Her large, sensitive ears extend several inches above her head, and one is quite tattered. Here eyes change color to fit her mood.
Background: To be revealed...*eerie music*
Other: Despite her undoubtedly frightening appearance, T'lyr is not as bad as she'd seem...

Mas mothaionn tu fein mar rud eigin caite ar an dtra...
Lig dom goideail an croi duit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:08 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

((wa! tamora pierce rocks my socks!))

Name: Aary
Class: mage, black
Apperance: short, slightly jagged-cut dark brown hair, grey-green eyes, looks slightly aenemic from being indoors too much, middling height, abnormally long fingers, tends to wear shades of blue or green
Background: She was raised by an ordinary family, but then decided to become a black mage, and has been studying with these folks ever since. Her entire family died in a flood a few years ago while she was away from home; the only survivor was a dog named Scruffy.
Other: n/a

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:21 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

((I've never read Tamora Peirce- but I've seen it waved infront of my facec many times before- so tell me if I get this wrong. It just sounds like its all Tamora Peirce related from the Tamora Peirce comments :P ))

Name: Naria Iam
Class: Mage black
Apperance: Naria has waist length, thin black hair. It falls in straight strands, swinging about her hips as she walks. She is of normal hue, with deep, black eyes, and small lips. Her overall face is cold, but if she would ever smile, Naria might be considered pretty.
The one thing Naria hates about herself is her height, she is a small girl-even for her age- and thin in build, which the girl detests.
Background: Naria was born into a drastically poor family, and they were reluctant to let her go when the men came to take her- for she might catch a lovely on the child slave market when she was older.
But, although it had only hinted that she would be a powerful mage, they insisted that they took Naria, and it was clear that even if they hadn't consented, they would have taken her anyway.
Other:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Name: xerai
Class: Theif
Apperance: scruffy dark brown hair, 5'10", a slightly tanned complexion, small build. Several scars on his face, one directly across his cheek. He has bad posture from crawling around.
Background: His family abandoned him when he was a preteen as he didn't live up to their standards, lately he has beplaqued a small town of which to their annoyance.
Other: His talent as a theif has been practiced and, for him, atleast to a fine art.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Last edited by Paul on Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Name: Rhys
Class: Herbalist
Apperance: He is a moderately tall man, stocky and strong enough to move some heavy things, gruffy and with short brown hair. his eyes are green. His clothing is made for movement, not traditional of the herbalist profession.
Background: A man from the North, he has lived alone in his home for very many years, only recently has he ventured out to free his town from it's current plague--A rather annoying thief.
Other: A experienced Herbalist, he's a master of what can come from the earth. Mixing certain herbs can result in very powerful 'magics' which can make those who are victim to these powders, serums, and bombs fall violently ill, or even to deep slumber.. Generally though, he's a peacefl man so he reliquished his practices of evil long ago and general cures people for a nice profits, he has only recently began to practice some more sinister herbal magics since this thief attacked his home.
(Tamora Pierce? A whoie? A writer I'll presume..)

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:41 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Name: LLywelyn ap Gruffudd
Class: Knight
Apperance: Taller than the average man and stronger than them also, this is most likely to his noble upbringing. His hair is shoulder length and light brown in colour. Though a knight he is he does not sport the common weapons or armour of one. Prefering to carry a longbow aswell as a sword and sporting only light armour for mobility and swiftness.
Background: Raised in the North west he is accustomed to the mountainous region there.
Other: Prides himself greatly on his chivalrous nature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:51 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Name: Crystal
Class: White Mage
Appearance: Long black hair that curls right at the end, with a slight fringe that's brushed to the side of her face. Quite Petite and short, she’s great for crawling into small spaces. She has bright blue eyes, and a very pale complexion.
Background: Born into a family of Doctors and Nurses, Crystal left her hometown in England to visit a sick uncle in Wales. She stayed with her uncle, using her knowledge of white magic to help him beat the illness he was battling. After 5 years, he died, leaving Crystal his home and cat, Mittence.

Last edited by Harmonize on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:04 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((sure destiny, you can be a white mage))

The hooves of Zeta's black stallion, Borinyl, echoed around the courtyard of the mage school. Zeta sat atop Borinyl, the pale light of the sunrise making his gold and silver hair sparkle. Strapped to the saddle was a sturdy sword and a gnarled staff. Zeta was always going off with out the permission of the elders, but he felt he deserved it. He had passed his final test a month ago, and was now offically a Red Mage. He patted the horse's neck and drew his cloak around himself. "Let's go" he whispered as they got to the gates. He did not even look back at the home he had had for six years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

(.:Requiem:., a couple of things. First, is your character acting male, like mine? Second, do you want to just be choosing Mattia as your Squire, or will she already have been your Squire?)

Matthew glanced out the window, hearing the noise of hoofbeats. Sighing as he saw who it was, he closed the book he had been studying, and grabbed his apprentices staff. "There he goes again..." Matthew muttered to himself as he quickly sealed the letter he had just finished. "I'd better go after him, and make sure he doesn't get into any trouble."

Matthew had seen Zeta leave a few times, and always he had wondered where he went. Now he would follow, at a distance for awhile, until he was far enough away from the school that he couldn't be sent back... easily, anyways. Of course, he didn't know how far that would be.

Grinning at the thought that this was something his sister would do, he scurried down the stairs after the Mage.

(Oh, and if I need to change anything here, just tell me, Sir Isaac.)

ImageImageImage
Set by WIS (I think XD), awesome fader by Bangel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:22 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

[Probably a strange question, but hey...
What's the difference between black and red mages? :P
Anyway...

Name: Jack.
Class: Red mage.
Appearance: Short cropped red hair, light olive-green eyes. Wears a long black robe with red trimmings at the bottom, wears nothing on his head, and wears a pendant that has no special powers, only sentimental value. The pendant has a sapphire-set stone with a hole cut in the middle. It is on a silver chain, which is thin, but hard to break. Wears an ivory bracelet around his wrist; it is meant to be a good luck charm.
Background: Doesn't have much of a background -- doesn't know who his parents are, doesn't really know who he is. But he knows exactly want he wants, and that's to be a mage.
Other: Has a horse. Can't be bothered to think up name right now. :P

Just to let you guys know, I may forget to come on PPT sometimes, as I'm no longer a regular. My RP skills are also a tad on the rusty side, as I have not RPed probably for two-three months.
But I promise I'll try; I'm an old hand and I missed RP.]

|| Set // WIS < 33 ||

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:23 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

((nope, twiz, it's fine with me! and Anubis, the differences in black and red mages are that red mages work more with fire, black mages work more with shadow magic. And the there's kinda a rivalry between black and red mages. everyone, keep that in mind.))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Humming to a song which the festivities of village had celebrated the prior night, Rhys collected his vials of powdered herbs, colorful potions and scrolls. Placing each article carefully into his sack he grabbed his coat and put it on.

"Hrm.." he knotted his sack and slung it behind his back, looking at his home, it was becoming considerably more appealing as his thoughts of where he was going grew. Picking himself from where he had been sitting, Rhys steppeds out from his home into the dull light of the morning.

Looking fondly at his plants and others of the earth, he reminded himself that this was something that had to be done. This thief had plagued his village of their eggs, vegetable and other resources since the fortnight before last, and being the only man without wife and child, Rhys, was picked to go slay whoever it was who had been taking their fair.

He smiled fondly at his home! "Rest well!" he then turned and proceeded into the thick trees which lined the humble village.

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:34 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Crawling among the vegetation in the forest around a village of which he had cleverly made a mental map of the homes of which beheld valuble things. Looking into the village square, there was alot of debre around. Last night's party, he thought. It was hard to get any food as everyone was about and he was hungry. He needed food quick. Quickly and rapidly mentally visiting in the places of which may hold some scraps, or even something bigger.

'Where? Oh yes.' Then he paused, 'That's it. Here we go.' He whispered. But before he could get up and attempt his newest adventure, as he called them, he heard a twig snap and light footsteps. He paused, stirred around and dived into the mud, and crawled away.
'Damnit. That stupid herbalist.' He thought, he crawled more careful not to make a sound as he would be surely killed for the recent raid he had plagued apon the village. After a while, he rested after crawling for some time now. He peeked up and saw he was in good range of the village. Then he thought of another place he savage some food from, pausing and went into the attack.

He slowly crept around someones hut, with his body pressed against the wall, side stepping, he came to the corner. He listened, there was no sound. Quickly he peeped his head around and saw noone. He followed the next wall. Then he paused. He heard muttering. He quickly slid around the other way and saw that the person had already gone. He slid inside.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next