For those topics one could describe as the forum equivalent of a twinkie. Word games, forum contests and giveaways are all the rage here.
Topic locked

Pink Ink Monthly Poetry Competition

Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:35 pm

This is just something new we're trying out. Pink Ink is now hosting monthly competitions!

Poetry Competition

Rules:
1. You can enter as many times as you want for this competition. However, only one of your entries may win a prize!
2. Please post your entries on the thread. If you do not feel comfortable with doing so, you may PM your entries to me.
3. By entering in this competition, please acknowledge that if you do happen to win, your entry will be featured in the next issue of Pink Ink!
4. Each month there is a theme. Your entries must comply with, or relate to the theme in some manner. Your entry will not be eligible to win a prize if it has nothing to do with the theme!
5. Please keep these entries clean.

Prizes:
1st Place:
Vo Codestone and 25,000 Neopoints! As well as being featured in the next issue of Pink Ink.

2nd Place:
Walking Carpet and 10,000 Neopoints! As well as being featured in the next issue of Pink Ink.

3rd Place:
Mecha Icy Cone and 5,000 Neopoints! As well as being featured in the next issue of Pink Ink.

Remember! The prizes are directly proportional to the number of entrants last month! So the more people enter, the bigger the prizes will be next month! We may even start giving out Paint Brushes!

Entries:

This month's theme is looking forward. Interpret it any way you'd like!

The due-date for entries is August 28th. Remember, you can enter as many times as you'd like!

Re: Pink Ink Monthly Poetry Competition

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:37 pm

First post! Heh. I'm not the best poet, so I went with a lighter tone for this one, instead of the profound depth and all that stuff that comes to people's minds when they hear things like "looking forward".

Looking Forward
All my life I’ve looked forward
To see where I am,
To see what I’m doing
So I won’t get in a jam.
If I were to look backward,
The things I would miss.
If I ever get a boyfriend,
The back of my head he would kiss.
I’d walk into walls
And bump into things a lot.
I might even walk off a cliff.
That wouldn’t be so hot.
People wouldn’t see my face.
All they’d see is my hair.
If I started to talk,
I wouldn’t know who was there.
If I walked down a path,
I would likely get lost.
If I didn’t look forward,
There would be a cost.
So that’s why I look forward
When I go about my day.
If you know what’s good for you,
Don’t look backward, or you’ll pay.

EDIT: Hey, cool, I posted two days after you, but only one minute later on the clock! XD
Topic locked