For those topics one could describe as the forum equivalent of a twinkie. Word games, forum contests and giveaways are all the rage here.
Topic locked

Design-an-item contest!

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:57 pm

Welcome!
Have you ever thought of a really cool neopets item, and wished they had something like that, just so you could buy it? Or maybe you have a great gallery theme, but not enough items to really fill it up. Or perhaps you just like dreaming up wacky new items in your spare time. If so, then this is the contest for you!

In this contest, YOU will have the chance to come up with an idea for a new neopets item. It could be a gourmet food, or a new paintbrush, or just some useless yet totally cool-looking trinket. However, there is a catch. Each item must fulfill a theme set forth by me. Sound interesting? Read on.

Rules
Every month, I will start a new contest with a brand-new theme. It might be clothing, it might be Hidden Tower items, or it might be a theme which covers a broad spectrum of items. There are no applications, and there is no approval process, so anyone may join at any time. The contest will start whichever day I post it, and will remain open until midnight EST on the last day of the month. I will then take a few days reviewing the entries, and within the first week I will announce the winner, after which a new contest will start. There is no limit to the number of items you can enter, so you can get as wacky as you want to!

"This sounds cool!" you may (hopefully) be thinking, "but what kind of prizes will the winner get?" The answer is: Nothing! *studio applause* The only reward the winner will recieve is the satisfaction of knowing their idea was named the best, and the off-chance that someone who actually makes items might be inspired to create something similar. ;)

Submission Form
If you have an idea for an item, all you have to do is fill out the following form and post it here. Only the fields with an (*) are required, the rest is optional.

*Item Name:
*Rarity:
*Description:
*Where is the item obtained?:
(In other words, if the item restocks, what store it would be in. If it doesn't RS, would you get it through an RE, through a special game, in the HT, etc.)
*Price:
(Please include RS price if it RSes, and SW or TP price)
Special effects:
(Does the item cause a disease, raise a stat, etc.?)
Other:

No item image is required, nor will submissions with images be given any extra credit. However, you are welcome to show off your leet image-making skilz. ;)

Discussion on this board is highly encouraged. If anyone has any questions, please message me.

P.S. This contest is an idea based off of IDB's Create-A-Weapon Contest, so any credit must go to Benladesh for the idea. :)

October Theme!
This month's theme will start out with something well-known to most neopians: Neggs! Submissions will be judged on creativity, originality, and obtainability.

Re: Design-an-item contest!

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:49 pm

It'll have to be a Plushie Negg of some sorts... :)
I assume multiple entries are allowed?

Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:59 pm

Yup, you may enter as many different items as you can dream up. :)

Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Item Name: Bacon and Negg
Rarity: 91
Description: The perfect breakfast, all wrapped up in one neat little package *** WORTH 15 NEGG POINTS AT THE NEGGERY ***
Where is the item obtained?: Neopia Fresh Foods
Price: 5'000 in Shop, 95'000 in User Shops
Special effects: Food
Other: Gourmet Food
Design: A Negg wrapped in several slices of bacon
Last edited by Pardona on Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Yay. :D Thanks for entering. ^__^

Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:41 pm

I'll try and enter soon =D
for now: bed time :(

Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Item Name: Dragonegg
Rarity: 101 (Special)
Description: An ancient Negg, now fossilized. Whatever creature was inside has long since died.
Where is the item obtained?: Randomly added to inventory when visiting the Lair of the Beast
Price: 15'000'000 Np
Special effects: Battledome
Other: Defends against all fire damage
Design: Looks like a cracked Rock Negg, except for it's perfectly oval shape and dragon claw imprinted on it.

Item Name: Drackonegg
Rarity: 92
Description: If you think taking care of a real Drackonack is too much work for your pet, try giving it this Drackonegg. Watch out for the cheese, though!
Where is the item obtained?: The Neggery (300 Negg Points)
Price: 650'000 Np
Special effects: Petpet
Other: When in inventory, consumes cheese in the same manner as a Drackonack
Design: Looks like a Drackonack compressed into a Negg shape, with the same characteristic Negg-stem on top
Last edited by Pardona on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Item Name: neggosaurus rex
Rarity: 200
Description: This powerful negg will turn into a vicious dinosaur creature which will assist you in the battledome.
Where is the item obtained?: Hidden tower
Price: 750,000
Special effects: does 20 random battledome icons to your opponent and defends you up to 10 random icons.
Other: multiple use, twice per battle.
Last edited by lemonade on Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:33 am

Item Name: Bonegg
Rarity: 101 (Special)
Description: This Negg was left by your pets Sklyde. You have no idea how this happened.
Where is the item obtained?: Randomly obtained when your pet is playing with their Sklyde.
Price: 150'000
Special effects: Food
Other: May increase your pets defence.
Design: A bone-coloured Negg with a bone-coloured stem.

Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:43 pm

Just a reminder, there's a little more than a week left to enter! :)

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:02 pm

Only one more day to enter! There may not have been as many entries as I'd hoped for, but I plan to do at least one more month, in the hopes that this will garner a little more interest. :) I *may* add prizes, but it wouldn't be neopets prizes, since I can't offer any.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:15 pm

I think this would get a lot more interest on the Neopets Games board. It's not a game from Neopets, but it's a game, and it has to do with Neopets, so I don't think the mods will object.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:41 pm

Mmm, it's possible, but I think since this is an actual contest, rather than a game you can play on neopets, the Mods probably wouldn't want me to move this board there.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:26 pm

You don't know 'till you ask! And now, because I just have to have one:

Item Name: Plushie Negg
Rarity: 101
Description: Strangely soft inside, yet as smooth as any other Negg on the outside. How strange!
Where is the item obtained?: The Neggery
Price: 50 tokens / 90'000 NP
Special effects: Toy
Other: When played with, may change your pet to any basic colour. Multiple Use.
Design: A green Negg, with a burst seam which spills some plushie.

Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:25 pm

amarise wrote:Mmm, it's possible, but I think since this is an actual contest, rather than a game you can play on neopets, the Mods probably wouldn't want me to move this board there.

Agreed - best to leave this here i'm afraid.
Topic locked