For those topics one could describe as the forum equivalent of a twinkie. Word games, forum contests and giveaways are all the rage here.
Topic locked

Text Adventure

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Hi! This is a text adventure. I'll describe a scene to you, and then you'll give commands for me to parse. I'll try to take as many suggestions as possible, though it's impossible to take them all. There'll probably be puzzles.

Protip: wacky commands make the game more enjoyable. Try absurd things; they'll have a higher probability of working!

You're sitting in an empty room, alone. The walls are cold steel. There's a sign on the wall to the east telling you that a door is planned to be constructed in 2012. You see a window too high for you to reach. There is a green shovel here. There is a lengthy rope as well. There are no exits that you can see.

Re: Text Adventure

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:38 pm

Throw shovel at window.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:53 pm

Tie rope around shovel (now we're getting somewhere!)

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:13 pm

>Throw shovel at window

You pick up the shovel and throw it as high as you can toward the window. It hits it with a CLANG, but the window is undamaged.

>Tie rope around shovel

You tie the length of rope around the shovel, and swing it around like a rodeo star. Gee, that was fun!

You feel a draft of wind.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:23 pm

Pick up sign, sign the green shovel so it's kind of, but not really, painted black, and melt the metal walls with something that's kind of, but not exactly, Rock.

Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:45 pm

Remove letter "2" from sign

Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:10 am

Place sign against the wall at a 45 degree angle. Pick up an axe.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:41 am

Face the sign on the east, pick up the shovel, and dance around the room singing.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:37 am

Push the phonebooth.

Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:42 am

Make a fort out of the chair, cinderblocks, and panelling?

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:35 pm

>Pick up sign, sign the green shovel so it's kind of, but not really, painted black, and melt the metal walls with something that's kind of, but not exactly, Rock.

You, uh, try to do that. It doesn't really work out too well for you.

>Remove "2" from sign

You try rubbing it off, but it just doesn't work.

>Place sign against the wall at a 45 degree angle. Pick up an axe.

You remove the sign from the wall, place it at an angle, and scratch your head looking for an axe. Well, you don't find one, but you do find a hidden passageway behind the sign! It's barely wide enough to fit in, but you think you can crawl in.

>Face the sign on the east, pick up the shovel, and dance around the room singing.

Adding the shovel to your inventory, you begin to dance around. You feel a gust of wind.

>Push the phonebooth.

You look all over for a phonebooth to push, but I'll be darned, there's not one here.

>Make a fort out of the chair, cinderblocks, and panelling?

Why, I can't imagine why you'd want to do that!

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:39 pm

Snap the shovel in half

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:12 pm

Try to find the source of the draft, combine the sign and the rope into a kite and fly it on the draft, then dive butt first into the passageway.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:00 am

Wriggle through the passageway while singing Spice Girls hits. Loudly. Really Really loudly.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:27 pm

Take the shovel and poke around in the passageway, testing for giant rats.
Topic locked