Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Design-an-item contest, November Edition!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Welcome!
Have you ever thought of a really cool neopets item, and wished they had something like that, just so you could buy it? Or maybe you have a great gallery theme, but not enough items to really fill it up. Or perhaps you just like dreaming up wacky new items in your spare time. If so, then this is the contest for you!

In this contest, YOU will have the chance to come up with an idea for a new neopets item. It could be a gourmet food, or a new paintbrush, or just some useless yet totally cool-looking trinket. However, there is a catch. Each item must fulfill a theme set forth by me. Sound interesting? Read on.

Rules
Every month, I will start a new contest with a brand-new theme. It might be clothing, it might be Hidden Tower items, or it might be a theme which covers a broad spectrum of items. There are no applications, and there is no approval process, so anyone may join at any time. The contest will start whichever day I post it, and will remain open until midnight EST on the last day of the month. I will then take a few days reviewing the entries, and within the first week I will announce the winner, after which a new contest will start. There is no limit to the number of items you can enter, so you can get as wacky as you want to!

Prizes
This month, I am offering a prize to the winner of this contest. However, since I cannot offer any neopets prizes, I am instead offering $1,000,000 from another web site I go on called Furry Paws. If the winner does not play Furry Paws, or does not wish to accept the prize, the 1 million will simply be added to the next month's prize. :)

Submission Form
If you have an idea for an item, all you have to do is fill out the following form and post it here. Only the fields with an (*) are required, the rest is optional.

*Item Name:
*Rarity:
*Description:
*Where is the item obtained?:
(In other words, if the item restocks, what store it would be in. If it doesn't RS, would you get it through an RE, through a special game, in the HT, etc.)
*Price: (Please include RS price if it RSes, and SW or TP price)
Special effects: (Does the item cause a disease, raise a stat, etc.?)
Other:

No item image is required, nor will submissions with images be given any extra credit. However, you are welcome to show off your leet image-making skilz.

Discussion on this board is highly encouraged. If anyone has any questions, please message me.

P.S. This contest is an idea based off of IDB's Create-A-Weapon Contest, so any credit must go to Benladesh for the idea. :)

October Results!
Congratulations, Pardona, you are the winner of October's Design-an-item contest!

Quote:
Item Name: Dragonegg
Rarity: 101 (Special)
Description: An ancient Negg, now fossilized. Whatever creature was inside has long since died.
Where is the item obtained?: Randomly added to inventory when visiting the Lair of the Beast
Price: 15'000'000 Np
Special effects: Battledome
Other: Defends against all fire damage
Design: Looks like a cracked Rock Negg, except for it's perfectly oval shape and dragon claw imprinted on it.

I loved the creativity in creating a new use for a very old part of the site. While the Dragonegg would be extremely rare, it would also be something that even the most novice of users could obtain, which would add a new dimension of fun to the Wheel of Monotony.

November Theme!
This month's theme is The Crown Jewel of Galleries. I'm looking for items that have no use other than being the most desired, most expensive item any collector could have in their gallery. That means that the item must be something that no one would ever use unless they were so rich that they would waste tens of millions just for the fun of it. For obvious reasons, the items submitted cannot be stamps, books, or gourmets, but every other item type is fair game. The entries will be judged by how hard they are to obtain, how expensive they are, and basic coolness. :P Additionally, this month you must also include what gallery theme your item would be found in.

Post subject: Re: Design-an-item contest, November Edition!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:27 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Item Name: The Heart of Maraqua
Description: Thought to have been lost when Maraqua was destroyed by pirates, the old lady actually carried it with her her entire life.
Where is the item obtained?: Underwater Fishing, minimum Fishing Skill of 300
Price: 20'000'000 Np
Special effects: Clothing
Other: Wearable
Design: A blue diamond necklace, always sparkling.
Gallery: Jewelry

-----------------------

Item Name: Adam and Donna Wedding Plushie
Description: Boyfriend and girlfriend since before the dawn of Neopian time, they finally decided to spend the rest of their lives together!
Where is the item obtained?: Advertising campaign on Neopets for Twin Skies, it can only be obtained on Adam and Donna's first anniversary, by those who already play Twin Skies and have the 'Somebody Somewhere' feat on it.
Price: 70'000'000 Np
Special effects: Plushie
Other: /
Design: Adam and Donna in wedding attire, holding hands.
Gallery: Plushie, Staff, Neopian History

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
Item Name: Adam and Donna Wedding Plushie

:lol: That's cute. I'm not sure neo would allow any kind of real-life 'relationship' item, but it's still an interesting idea. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm gonna feel real stupid if I have no one to compete with but myself...

Item Name: Vorpal Negg
Rarity: 99
Description: If you listen real close, you'll hear it going snicker-snack. I wonder what it means.
Where is the item obtained?: Space Weaponry
Price: 40'000 Np / 45'000'000 Np
Other: Deals between 10 and 20 icons of one random type, Fragile
Design: Flat negg, light blue, sparkles
Gallery: Neggs, Weapons

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Item Name: The Plushie of Lightning
Rarity: 99
Description: It emits a bright yellow glow. Maybe it has a special effect.
Where is the item obtained?: Faerieland weapon shop
Price: 150,000np
Other: Can leave your oppoment burned and unable to attack for a random number of turns. Deals from 500 damge to instant kill. Unlimited Use
Design: Bright Yellow, Glows and Shines, Is puffed up like any other plushie.
Gallery: Weapons, Plushies

I will try to join furry paws again later today.

Now ya have some competition Pardona.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

Last edited by Evil Stu Man on Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Nice. :) Though maybe you'll want to post some information on what type of weapon it is. Fragile? Single use? Unlimited Use?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:34 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Pardona wrote:
Nice. :) Though maybe you'll want to post some information on what type of weapon it is. Fragile? Single use? Unlimited Use?

Thanks. I dunno how I forgot to add that in. Ok its edited into the post.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

:lol: I dunno, Pardona, if no one else had entered you'd have been guaranteed to win the prize. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ok, here's another, I'll submit a few more before it ends.

Item Name: The Abridged Description of Everything
Description: It really has everyone and everything you can think of in it, from AAA to Zytch.
Where is the item obtained?: Automatic Random Event after having read the description of every item in Neopia
Price: 60'000'000 Np
Special effects: Book
Design: A big black book with a thick cover, and the words 'Definitive Version' on the front.
Gallery: Books

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

:lol: Any person who's gone through every single item deserves to get a 60mil prize, IMO. That would certainly bring Neo's page views up. ;)

If anyone still wants to enter, tomorrow is the last day for entries!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:47 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

*Item Name: Daily Dare 2008 MegaSuperb Sore Losers T-shirt

*Rarity: 101 (Special) (non-wearable)

*Description: The front of this T-shirt says:
"I won MegaSuperb in Daily Dare 2008,
and all I got was a worthless AAA Daily Dare Badge
had to buy was this worthless T-shirt..."
The back says:
"... and yet I was still stupid enough to participate in the Games Master Challenge in 2008
and actually pay 31 million NP for this lousy T-shirt even though I've sent in an error report
and a NT editorial question about it every week since prizes came out and
I still check the prizes page religiously thinking TNT will actually do something about it
but I'M NOT BITTER!"

*Where is the item obtained?: Users can purchase this item from the 2008 Daily Dare Prize page if they meet the following conditions: 1) Qualified for the MegaSuperb Prize in Daily Dare 2008, 2) Sent in at least 20 questions to the NT editorial and 20 error reports regarding not receiving the correct prize for (1), and 3) Completed at least 1 challenge and redeemed a prize in the Games Master Challenge 2008

*Price: 31 million NP (1 million per day of agony suffered in the Daily Dare, plus meeting the above criteria) -- cannot be traded or sold

Special effects: May cause revival of an old bitterness upon viewing (owners only)

Design: A plain gray t-shirt with black lettering. A picture of AAA with the "boycott" circle in red around it is visible behind the text on the front. The words "I'm not bitter" on the back are in the style of the lettering for the Daily Dare.

Gallery: "Daily Dare Prizes" gallery or "Evidence that TNT messes up royally now and again" gallery

*prods siggy* No, I'm really not bitter

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:06 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

*Item Name: Deed to the Castle
*Rarity: 101 (Special)
*Description: It appears the war has truly taken its toll on Meridell, and King Skrarl was desperate. The greatest allies of Meridell received his castle as a prize. Wait. Allies? I think someone has been a little dishonest...
*Where is the item obtained?: Meridell war - top 5 battlers receives as a prize.
*Price: TP - 100,000,000 NP.
Special effects: Readable 'book', gives user 10,000NP upon reading (what? The castle is a mess, and is missing a large portion of wall...)
Design: A long, winding scroll.
Gallery: Books.

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, since I didn't close the contest earlier, I'll allow your entry, Pixa. :)

November's contest is now closed! I will take a few days to review the entries, and then post the results. :) My thanks to everyone who entered!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:39 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

:P Someone submitted a book there. Whoops. Make it do nothing! Make it do nothing! :P Other than give the minimal amount of NP.

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]