For those topics one could describe as the forum equivalent of a twinkie. Word games, forum contests and giveaways are all the rage here.
Topic locked

WW37 -- Labyrinth of Legends

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:00 am

Introduction:
Welcome to Werewolf -- Labyrinth of Legends! Werewolf is a typical game between good and evil. The object of the game is to lead you and your team to victory without being killed yourself. This version of Werewolf is based on various myths and legends throughout history.

Day and Night
Every day, there are two main cycles in the Werewolf world.

The first cycle is called Day. During the Day, you can send lists and vote. Some roles and secret powers may only be used during this time.

Day ends after execution has occurred. Any day actions will occur directly before execution. Execution will usually occur at around 4:00 PM PST/NST (5:00 PM MST); however, this may change according to my schedule. If this must change, I will try to notify you beforehand.

After execution, Night begins. You may post during the night, but no votes may be made. Some roles and powers can only function at night.

Unless you are told otherwise, no lists may be sent at night. Night will end around 4:30 PM (5:30 PM MST) PST/NST.

After Night ends, the next day will begin.

Voting
Everyone has two votes per cycle.
To vote, put in bold: Vote: Player A
To unvote, put in bold: Unvote: Player A
However, if unvoting please DO NOT put Unvote: Whoever I voted for.... If you do I will not count your unvote or your new vote.

You may vote for "Nobody". However, if you have a no vote, any other votes you make that day will not be counted unless you first unvote your no vote. If it is a majority vote, there can not be a double execution.

Execution is mostly based on majority, and double execution on 75% of votes. There will be an execution every night. If there is no majority, another method will be used to decide who is executed.

Roles
Everybody will receive a role at the start of the game. These roles are randomized.

Roles determine alignment.
No quoting any part of your role. You may, however, state it in your own words.
No making a role sheet that looks real.
No revealing the names of teammates under any circumstances.
Roles may be based off of myths and legends already existing, from books, or those of my own creation.

Lists
All roles will indicate whether or not you need a daily list for your powers.

It would be helpful if you used the format "WW37-Role Name-Day/Night #-Role Power" when sending lists. This will help me keep track, as well as know exactly what power is being used. If you are using more than one power, put the MAIN power being used with a '+' sign at the end.

If you have a role where you need to send in a list but do not wish to use that ability, still send in a list. Just tell me you don't want to use it. Otherwise, I may decide to modkill you rather than wonder if that role is being used.

For the most part, lists are used in the order they are received. However, there are exceptions to this rule. For example, healers work before baddies and baddies before dreamers.

Dead and Non-Playing
Please post in the groupies thread.

No posting ANY information that is not publicly known. This means you cannot talk about things that have not already been revealed or discussed on thread. This is an important rule, so please don't break it.

Don't have any private contact with any living player concerning the game. This includes through PM, AIM, MSN, e-mail, your great-aunt, etc., etc., etc.

Dead players may have ONE lynch kill. However, to do this at least 15 players must be dead, and 95% of them must agree on a person to lynch. To vote on the Lynch kill, use this format: Lynch: Person B

General
Lying is part of the game. Thus, don't be offended just because someone lied to you in this/a previous game.
My word is final. So don't argue with me, even if you believe I've made a mistake and what not. I am human -- it is possible I have. Just forgive me and hope it won't happen again. ^^;

Do not quote, paraphrase, screenshot, or forward anything I say privately without my permission. Also, don't say I have said something unless I have (unless faking a role, and then only about the fake role...).

Labyrinth
In the course of the game, you will be working to make it through the Labyrinth. Some days you will not have to make any decisions, however, on others you will. The Labyrinth will have many dangers that can hinder different roles and help others. Except for when you do not have to make any decisions or have to make it through an obstacle, here is a list of choices you may have to make.
Send Scout
Split up (Splits into groups and they go through all available choices)
Randomize

All the choices you may make will be listed in the Labyrinth plot. The Labyrinth Plot will be included with the Night plot or posted soon afterwards. If people are in separate groups, each group will have their own group's listing in a spoiler. If groups separate, a list will be made of the people in each group and will also be put on the front page.

This will not affect lists, because directly before execution, every group will gather together in the Center of the Labyrinth until night ends, then they will go back to the place they were before execution after night ends.

Role Opposites
Each role given out will have an opposite. EVERY day all living players must send me a name of a player, alive or dead. You need to send in this list, even if daily lists are not required, or you cannot use any other role powers that day. This includes those who cannot normally be targeted that day. If you find your role opposite, good things will happen to you. It is something you want to do. *nod*

------------------------
Player List
1.Ammer – 3 – M -- Turned into a Statue Night 6 -- Valkyrie
2.Anvil – 8 – M -- Killed by Falling Stars Night 7 -- Bishop Fish -- Resurrected Day 14 -- Turned into a Statue Night 18 -- Bishop Fish
3.averly – 23 – F
4.Byakuya San – 11 – M -- Executed Day 23 -- Werecoyote
5.Chipper – 1 – F -- Executed Day 18 -- Apsu
6.Christopher – 9 – M -- Turned to stone, Night 23 -- Pied Piper of Hamelin
7.ckillor – 30 – M -- Killed by Arrow Day 17 -- Kingu
8.DM was on fire! – 28 – F -- Executed Day 11 -- Balor of the Strong Blows
9.Hansy – 15 – M -- Executed Day 17 -- Cupid
10.Jasujo – 16 – F -- Killed by execution Day 4 -- Marduk -- Resurrected Day 5
11.Dyl – 7 – Replaced Katherine day 4 (M)
12.loser – 29 – F -- Executed Day 12 -- Minotaur--Resurrected Day 14 -- Killed by berserker Day 16
13.machinedreams – 12 – F -- Executed Day 22 -- Catoblepas
14.malibu – 4 – F -- Killed by misdirected execution, Day 21 -- Simurgh
15.May – 26 – F -- Sucked into book, Night 8 -- Sigurd
16.Miyu – 21 – F -- Turned into a Statue, Night 24 -- Ekhi
17.Mongrel – 18 – F -- Killed by Falling, Night 6 -- Cassandra -- Rezzed Day 9 -- Turned into a statue Night 14 -- Cassandra
18.Pardona – 5 – M -- Killed by Execution, Day 6 -- Tiamat
19.pheonix – 6 – M -- Executed Day 25 -- Nameless Hero
20.Pickles – 24 – F
21.Pink – 24 – F -- Jumped in front of Execution, Day 13 -- Serra
22.pipsqueeek – 17 – F -- Killed by Sneeze Night 12 -- Enki
23.Pixa – 13 – M
24.jellyoflight – 10 – F -- Replaced Rachel Day 5 -- Executed Day 24 -- Medusa
25.Bruces Galore – 20 – F -- Replaced Regan Day 6 -- Died protecting someone Night 23 -- Ant-lion
26.StuMan – 19 – M
27.Pardona – 2 – M -- Replaced Syrill Day 22
28.Urthdigger – 22 – M -- Executed Day 14 -- Fafnir
29.Wind – 27 – F -- Turned into a Statue Night 11 -- Centaur -- Resurrected Day 15

Re: WW37 -- Labyrinth of Legends

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:04 am

It was cold and dark at the castle of Palora. It was cold because there was a storm coming, and dark because the sun had not risen yet. A large group of people stood shivering outside the gates, watching as they slowly opened.
Twizzler stood there when the gate finally did open, looking very tired. She yawned as the group sauntered in, and looked down at her watch. “Six o'clock in the morning?! Gee, I knew you guys were excited, but really... couldn't you have waited for a decent hour?”
“The train just came in,” Pixa piped up. “And we're tired. We want somewhere warm to sleep.”
Twizzler blinked. “Er, well, I rented the land...”
“We know! And we want to get to the castle right now. It'll be warmer than out here at least,” Chipper said shivering. She pulled her jacket up closer.
“There's been a misunderstanding, I think. You see, I rented the actual land. I couldn't afford the castle along with it!” Twizzler told everyone. She squinted as angry shouts were thrown at her. “Hey now, hey now! We all need a little fresh air. You can set up tents easily, and we'll get to see the great apple orchard! It is rumored to have been planted by Queen Erwit Mayesti in the year ...”
“SET UP TENTS?!” everyone roared. “Haven't you set them up already?”
“Well, I've set up mine... but I don't think everyone can fit in it. I just arrived here last night, myself!” Twizzler said in defense. At that moment, a young male ran in through the gates, breathing heavily.
“Oh good, you're awake! I've brought the Book of Myths, Lady Twizz!”
Twizzler sighed heavily. “Just Twizz, if you would, Trystan. And thank you... I suppose it can go in my tent. Unless everyone would like to do the presentation now?”
Murmers of consent arose from the group. “We may as well,” Pardona told her, “After all, it'd be hard to set up tents in the dark.”
Twizzler nodded, and motioned everyone to follow her. The mysterious Trystan seemed to know where she was headed, and they walked along side by side. Soon, they arrived in an area where two gazebos had been set up. One left one was made of wood, and the right, for some odd reason had been made out of metal. Twizzler motioned vaguely towards them. “That one, if you would, Trystan.”
Trystan nodded and headed towards the gazebos. At the last second, he turned to go inside the metal one.
It took a second for Twizzler to realize what he was doing, but when she did, she screeched and ran towards him. “No, Trystan! Not that one!” She reached the metal gazebo and began to pull the boy out... at the same exact time as a bolt of lightning did.
The lightning hit the Book of Myths dead center. As it did so, a golden light spread out of the book, engulfing each and every person there except for Trystan. The light around Twizzler wasn't as bright, either.
When the light wore off, Twizzler moved to stare at everyone, dumbfounded. “I was hoping this wouldn't happen,” she said in a voice just loud enough that everyone heard her. “The magic of the Book of Myths has been released. Because of that, all the creatures and people inside it have been released as well. Luckily, we were here. That light that engulfed us just now... that was the inhabitants of the book settling in our bodies.”
“What about Trystan?” Jasujo asked. “He didn't have a light around him.”
Twizzler shook her head. “No, because he was holding the book and I was touching him. It went through to me. Even then, the change has affected me differently than for all of you... but you'll see that in a minute. Trystan, I think you'd better go. As you weren't affected by the book, it would be safer for you if you left Palora. I don't want you to get hurt.” Trystan frowned, and began to walk towards the gates. Twizzler watched him until he was out of sight, and seemed ready to say something more, but paused as the area around them lightened, a signal the sun had started to rise. As it did so, she changed appearance slightly. Or rather, just her clothes and hairstyle changed. It was obvious that now she was Erwit Mayesti, the great queen she had been speaking of earlier... the resemblance between them was rather surprising.
The queen smiled at them, a chaotic look in her eye. “Greetings everyone. I am Erwit Mayesti, and I shall be your executioner.”
“...executioner?” someone asked.
“Of course! Or do you want this petty little world of yours to end? The only way to restore everything to normal is to sort out your problems here. Or, to state it simply... decide where the world is going to head now. If you want it to go back to the world you know now, then you'd better defeat all the evil Inhabitants that were released. And to do that, you'll need an executioner. I'm the obvious choice, of course – after all, I'm the only one you can see change. And I'm only here during the day, the perfect time for execution! At night, Twizzler will return...”
“Wait, wait!” Syrill objected. “Aren't you evil? Maybe we should get rid of you, first!”
Erwit Mayesti laughed. “Evil? Oh no, dear Syrill. You of all people should know that I am merely Chaotic. Slightly ordered, at that. And what better way to cause chaos then to be executioner? Whereas elsewhere I possibly could be considered wanting to end the world... not in the Kingdom of Palora. It is my kingdom, after all... and if the world ended, so would my apple orchard! I can't exactly let that happen without a fight.”
And she smiled at them, chaotically.

-------------------------
Roles are being sent out, but you may still post. I will post the first plot of the Labyrinth after all roles are sent out.

Also, Erwit Mayesti (lower down in that post) is a role that was in a game I co-hosted with Syrill. He has given me permission to have her cause chaos do executions here. :)

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:14 am

Oh my goodness... Don't remind me of that chaotic game :P I still don't understand it... LOL

I'm loving the plot so far - Can't wait for my role!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:17 am

woo new ww! I'm excited!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:17 am

This sounds very exciting. That plot made me very intrigued. I am looking forward to my role too. :)

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:20 am

Obvious first question: I assume 4:00 NST is PM?

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:21 am

Bring it!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:34 am

This looks complicated. Excellent :evil:

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:37 am

Complicated, and awesome! I fully expect to get a great WW experience from this one.

PS: *Points up at previous post made by me*

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:00 am

Yay! WW! WHOO! Time to play o.o

EDIT: Vote: Nobody

In case I forgetsies.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:13 am

I'm here! Got my role, too! <3

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:16 am

Vote: Nobody

I have my role, but to be honest, I'm a little confused about what we're supposed to do and whether it needs the be PM'd or posted...I don't understand...

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:26 am

Whoops. Yes, it's PM. Change made. :P
Roles are all sent out. If you have any questions about your role, feel free to ask.
--------------------------
The group stood there, uncomfortable with the realization that yes, they would have to kill each other in order to save the world. Some, however, just shrugged -- after all, it's not like they hadn't done similar things before. When they realized that Erwit Mayesti was not going to say anything more, they began talking with each other again.
That is, until the golden flash began again. This time, however, it did not touch any of the people -- rather, it covered the land and changed the landscape. Before their very eyes, the land changed until it was the largest corn maze anyone had ever seen. Well, maybe corn maze wasn't the right word, as it seemed to be made out of hedges. In fact, they were still growing -- Wind had to leap out of the way of one growing right underneath her foot.
"...what's this?" Urthdigger asked.
Erwit Mayesti frowned. "It seems that more than the Inhabitants of the book were released. One of the scenes was released as well. This seems to be the Labyrinth."
"...well, what are we supposed to do now?!" Byakuya San asked in a huff.
"Well, trying to find the other end is what -I- would do. I don't know about you, though," Erwit Mayesti answered.
"How? It's surrounding us. We're in the middle, I think," Pink mentioned.
Then the golden light flashed once more, and they were no longer in the middle, but rather the beginning.
"That answers that question! Though I assume that once night comes, we'll find ourselves in the middle again. And then when day begins again, we'll find ourselves where we left off... a never ending cycle of taunting you until you actually do reach the middle. Then of course, it will be taunting you by taking you to places you've already been..." Erwit Mayesti stated. She seemed to be delighted. She then glanced around her. "Well? What are you going to do?"

Party 1 Choices:
Go Left
Go Right
Send Scouts (Left and Right), name two people
Split Up
Randomize (has Twizzler randomize the result)
------------------------
Day ends tomorrow at 4PM NST.
Do Labyrinth choices like a vote, but instead, Labyrinth: (movement choice). Majority rules here.
Role Opposite lists must be PMed.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:35 am

So do we PM you our choices or post them on the board?

Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:37 am

Labyrinth choices are done on-thread. ^^
Topic locked