Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Attention: Looking for someone to take over Big Brother!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

For years I've hosted a Big Brother every summer (with the exception of Big Brother 5 which started in September). As some of you have come to find, Big Brother is an exceptionally well crafted and intricate game to run. Like most CI games, it takes time, dedication and above all, effort to run it.

Currently, I frequently find myself succumbing to the harsh demands of my life whether it be friends, school, work or family. At the rate I'm going, I fear that I will not have enough time to host Big Brother 6 next summer. This is why I am now asking for someone to replace me as the new host for Big Brother.

Now, before anyone panics and says, "I want to run this game, but I haven't got the slightest clue!" -- don't worry. I will be handing over all of my notes (which includes templates for interviews, PMs, etc...) and I'll give you a walkthrough on how to run a typical week (including which days to send which PMs, how to run competitions, etc...). Furthermore, I will be available for any questions you may have.

Before I begin, if you would like to find out more information on the rules of Big Brother and the versions I've run in the past, click here.

---

What am I looking for in a host?

I'm looking for someone who will promise to give their all to the game and run it as smoothly as possible. There may be bumps along the road but the game in and of itself is rewarding to run. Someone with dedication is an ideal candidate for this position.

Qualifications

In order to host Big Brother, you need to have the following qualifications.

• Hosted a major event, competition, game, etc... at either PPT or another forum. The event/game/competition/etc... must show your organizational and creativity skills.
  • Related to the above point, the game/event/competition/etc... must have run fairly smoothly.
  • You have over 500 posts (as those under 500 posts may not stay at PPT for long).

To apply, please send me the following application filled,

Quote:
Why do you want to host Big Brother?

Have you hosted any games/major events/competitions/etc... on PPT or on a different forum? (Please provide a link to the hosted event/game/competition/etc...)

How would you describe your experience in hosting the above event/game/competition/etc...?

Did anything go wrong? If yes, what?

What did you learn from your hosting experience?

Are you looking to host Big Brother for the long haul (at least 3 consecutive seasons)?

What changes (including changes to the rules, twists, etc...) would you bring to Big Brother?

Why should I pick you?

Please PM all applications to me.

There will not be a set date as to when the replacement will be announced. If I find the right person, I will announce it immediately. However, if I do not find someone by July, Big Brother may be indefinitely canceled or I may return to host one last season.

Set by Medli

Post subject: Re: Attention: Looking for someone to take over Big Brother!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:02 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Sorry to see you stop hosting, Ammer. Although I must admit, upon first glance, I thought you'd said this;

Quote:
I find frequently find myself succumbing to the harsh demands of my wife

And I was all set to be outraged because my demands to you are not that harsh, and I'm only a demanding wife because I love you <3

Gone, forever.

Post subject: Re: Attention: Looking for someone to take over Big Brother!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:06 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Alex wrote:
Quote:
I find frequently find myself succumbing to the harsh demands of my wife

And I was all set to be outraged because my demands to you are not that harsh, and I'm only a demanding wife because I love you <3

If that were what he'd written, he would obviously have been referring to me. I am harrrsh.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]