For those topics one could describe as the forum equivalent of a twinkie. Word games, forum contests and giveaways are all the rage here.
Topic locked

Re: Minority Rules Five - QUESTION 7

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:36 am

pipsqueeek wrote:You know, technically, assuming that the man and all his wives and etc *are* actually going away from St. Ives, the answer would in fact be zero. Unless you're a wife. Which I'm not. Or a cat. Which I might be.

Obviously you're a sack, making the answer one.

And, no we didn't get this question last game -- we got the question, "just one, or I'm too lazy/scared to do the math" (or some such thing) -- and I don't think it was in the previous game; I think it was several games ago.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:47 am

pipsqueeek wrote: Or a cat. Which I might be.

Oh Hi there Salem.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:36 am

Hmm, my question from last game got re-asked. Sorta.

One - [3] pipsqueeek, loser, YesItIsh
Didn't we get this question in the previous game as well? - [1] Siniri (gains 2 points)

Did not submit - Pardona (lose 1 point)

Ooooh, Siniri is now tied with pipsqueeek and loser. Suspense!
Go...Yesh!

How do you feel about rule 5? um... or there isn't one?

Answers due by Sunday, February 15th at 11 PM EST (8 PM NST).

Re: Minority Rules Five - QUESTION 8

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:31 am

Hmm, everyone seems rather confused I might say. So confused that everyone chose the same answer!

um... - [4] Siniri, YesItIsh, loser, pipsqueeek
there isn't one - [0]

Did not answer - Pardona (eliminated, sorry)

Siniri (the one who is determined to win) asks the question:
Would you rather ride on a bike with no seat for 20 miles or run barefoot for 10 miles?

Answers due preferably on Wednesday, February 18 at 11 PM EST (8 PM NST).

Re: Minority Rules Five - QUESTION 9

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:32 am

Hmm, I think loser tried posting on here and it keeps showing "unread post", but I haven't seen anything.

Sorry, I apologize for the delay. I had some things going on in life that just kept me quite busy and away.

Okay, so what was the question? Ah yes, biking on a seat stick or barefoot for a long distance? Yesh just didn't know how to ride a bike and pipsqueeek declared her love for barefootness (that hippie). However, we do have a winner for Minority Rules (after dwindling it down to a mere 4 players)...

Ride on a bike - [1] loser (gains 2 points)
Run barefoot - [3] Siniri, YesItIsh, pipsqueeek

Congratulation loser for being the winner twice in a row!

Final scores
(correct me if I'm wrong, but I shouldn't be)
loser: 5
pipsqueeek: 3
Siniri: 3
YesItIsh: 1
Pardona: -3Eliminated
(Pixa): -3 Eliminated
StuMan: -2 Forfeited

Huzzah! It's over! Thanks for playing. :hug:

Re: Minority Rules Five - QUESTION 9

Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:13 am

Congrats, loser. Your reward is an all-expenses-paid trip to ride down the Unduavi-Yolosa Highway in Bolivia:

No, the bicycle will not have a seat. But we'll give you some of these cool bike shorts to wear -- it's almost like a built-in saddle:

Re: Minority Rules Five - Winner announced!

Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:48 am

See? I don't win every single game :P

Congrats, loser.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:41 am

Pipsqueeek, you've been officially dethroned.

Still, congrats for winning the first 3 games. Congrats to loser, too, for her double wins.

Anyone up for (hosting or playing) another round?

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:56 pm

I'll host, if people want to play.

Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:53 am

wow, I totally forgot about this game for a few days...

Thank Zilary for hosting!

I'm not sure how happy I can be about winning, since now I have to endure the wrath of Siniri.

*off to buy extra padded pants*

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:00 am

loser wrote:wow, I totally forgot about this game for a few days...

Thank Zilary for hosting!

I'm not sure how happy I can be about winning, since now I have to endure the wrath of Siniri.

*off to buy extra padded pants*

Hey, I gave you the most padded ones I could find. And the view from the Unduavi-Yolosa Highway is incredible -- just watch where you're going and ride slowly. You might find a bicycle seat near some hapless skeleton along the way. :P Seriously, congrats. What a way to win -- being the sole minority. No sour grapes here. I bow to your and Pipsqueeek's superiority at this game. That being said, I still want to win at least once, so count me in, Katherine.

Oh, and in case I forgot, thanks for hosting, Zil. Especially for being so patient during all the delays.
Topic locked