Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Reverse order rating!

Hellyer- Not bad, considering you don't like using anime images. The colors go together well, giving the set a mysterious feel. In the av, I'd maybe have put the girl on the left side of the av, or centered it a little more. In the sig, the biggest problem I have is with the curtain. Get rid of it. I had no idea what it was until I saw the original image. You chose a wonderful font, but I'd center both the main text and subtext a little more too.

Squibble- Pretty. ^_^ Now then, for the av, you shouldn't have just used the moon. It's way too empty. To fill the space, you maybe might have tried using the main 'Moonlight' font you used in the sig instead of a pixel font. That would have filled up the space. For the sig, beautiful job with the Moonlight animation. It's a very nice touch. The only problem with it is is that the 'g' overlaps the word 'us' in the subtext. The sig is also a little empty, lessening the heigh about five pixels might fix that. The border also is a little plain. Maybe rounded edges, a double colored border, or some simple cutouts would make it a little less plain.

bluehawaii19- The original image won't load for me, so I can't tell exactly what you've done...Anyway, this is a very pretty set. It has a dreamy feel to it, and the colors you've used remind me of a sunset. I'm not likeing the double border in the set, but it's not too bad. In the sig, I love the yellow background against the purple text. The subtext is very pretty, but I'm having a problem with the main text. I think a script/cursive font would have look a little bit better.

DM- I'm going to give you some advice right now. Stop colorizing everything purple. Gets a little boring to look at. Now then, this set definitely is a bit of an improvement over the last. It has a lot less empty space. Now, because of the elegance of the image of Faye, the main text doesn't go at all. It needs to have more flow to it. The background in far too empty, add some designs to it or maybe make it a gradient going from light to dark purple.

Apricus- Very dreamy looking. I see nothing wrong with the av. The sig is a different story. The main text is way too big, and takes away from the soft look of the image. Lessen its size, maybe add some subtext. (Though since Koku's name is on this, I think this might've been a request) If you were trying to fill up space with the name, I'd maybe have just lessened the width and height of the set slightly so there was less room to fill and added just a little bit more design to the background.

Rikio - You sure do like cutouts. O_o Anyway, I'm not liking the lack of color in this set. Because of the color scheme is this, it looks a little dull. You've made it more interesting with the cutouts, but it's still not enough. I'd maybe have the main text get a little darker near the bottom. You seem to have it light at the top, getting darker further down already, but maybe just making the gradient go a little darker might help. I'd also maybe make the main font border a bit of a shade more similar to the darkest part of the firl hair. For the cutouts, they make the set really cute, but they're just a tad bit overdone in this set.

Destiny - Very nice. I tend to not like the type of border you have on this set, but it goes rather well. In the av, your name needs to maybe stand out a little more. Give it a white or light purple glow. In the sig, I adore the background. It's an odd combination of things I haven't seen before, and they go oddly well together. My only problem is that the text in the background maybe needs to be a little less opaque. The white stand out a bit too much.

Kyra - In the av, change the font. The 'y' in it looks odd. Also give both the av and sig a solid dark blue border. The font choice in the sig is cute, but I really don't think it should overlap the image at all.

Optimus - You keep improving, Optimus. It's still your style, but not the same looking so much as your sets sometimes tend to be. In the av, I'm not liking where the text is/looks like. But other than that... *shrugs* Nothing. I like the subtext, not the main text so much, but it's not bad. And the set's border is very nice as well.

Dobbitron - I'm not liking the style you used to make this set...A background that didn't flow into the image so much might've work a little better here. The av, move the character's head to the left. You cut it off in a strange place. In the sig, the main font doesn't really go too well. It's too solid for how 'misty' the background is.

polarbearpop - Nice job cutting out the image. The av is nice, but the faded text doesn't really go because of how much you've zoomed in onto Kagome's face. For the sig, it's too empty, even with the image of her faded into the background. The main font choice is alright, but not neccessarily the best because of the soft dreamy look of the image.

quicksilvery1pore - I only have a general idea of what the image you originally used looked like. I had no desire to wait forever for the whole image to load. Now then, the brown doesn't really look good on this set. I'd have colorized it something else. The yellow also doesn't go mutch at all. It's nice that you've used cutouts, but they're really awkward looking and don't really add anything to the set.

Neopets Addict - Cute. ^^ I like the placement of the image. I'd maybe raise the subtext up one pixel in that purple bar it's in, but other than that, nothing really.

Neko - Waaaay too busy. You should've extracted the other girl from the picture more, and maybe not have had the image of the girl so close up. In the av, give the text a more defined border. The cutouts in the sig look a little odd, since they're so straight in comparison to the swirly look of the rest of the set. The only think I'm liking about this set is your choice of font and how you displayed the subtext.

paola - Very nice job colorizing the girl's eyes. You've given most of her a much smoother look that in the original image as well. I'm not liking how big the 'C' is in the main text, and because of the size of the subtext, the main font overpowers it a little too much.

Koku - You know, it's sort of awful what the first thing that came to my mind was when I saw this set. It's beautiful, but because of the colors, especially in the text...Er, the first thing that came to my mind was ketchup and mustard. ^.^;; Okay then. Obviously, fix the colors of the text. Maybe make the yellow a paler shade.

Shifty - Not bad, not great. Just sort of ordinary. It's way too plain with just the grey. I'd give it a slightly more interesting background, and maybe a bit of blue touches in some places. I think the sig is also missing a border on the bottom of it, though it might just be my computer...

Amethyst - Just because blue is allowed, doesn't mean you have to use it to the extent you did. It's way too strong. My first suggestion is for you to enter sets with a different character type. Second off in this set, get rid of the snalines. Either have them only in the av, or just in the text, or maybe with this not at all. The animation in the text is too quick...and both the main and subtexts blend too much with everything else.

I choose quicksilvery1pore and Amethyst.

Gone.

Last edited by Flame on Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

<b>Amethyst</b> -- Really creative what you did with the original image. The effect turned out all right. I'm not really fond of the bold scanlines; they're a bit extreme. Subtle overlays usually work better. Also, the text is really difficult to read. The end of "amethyst" completely blends into the background image.

<b>Shifty</b> -- The first thing I noticed was the outerglow on the girl. It's a nice touch, but I really think it would have been better if you had chosen a light gray, because the pale yellow doesn't match. Other than that, I have no complaints about the signature. I don't like the text on the avatar for some reason... I think it maybe be the vertical position of the text. I don't know. I can't exactly put my finger on it.

<b>Koku</b> -- Wow. It's very, very vivid and bold. I actually really like the slight grunginess of the image, but I think the brightness is a bit hard on the eyes, especially in comparison to the softness of the original image. Maybe it's just my preference, but the mustard yellow text doesn't agree with me. I think you could have tried working in the colors from her face with some sort of softer stroke, or done straight out black.

<b>Paola</b> -- I love it!! Great job getting rid of the background. It's very clean. The swirly font works well too, except that the "C" is huge and causes a viewer's eyes to drift to the center instead of toward the image. I'm not a fan of the font you used for the subtext; it's really hard to read. Perhaps try using all capital letters next time. I think the colors work well overall; I've never been able to pull off such bright colors. But maybe it's because you have the light pink and the white to offset the bold red.

<b>Neko</b> -- Nice color scheme. However, it's rather busy. There is a lot of stuff going on in this set. My eyes kind of just glaze over the whole thing because the text (both main and sub) don't exactly stand out. I think the fading bar behind the subtext was a nice touch though. The set is well done over all, even though I'd prefer to have something to pull my eyes in.

<b>Neopets Addict</b> -- Simple. Maybe the background is too simple, but I'm not too bothered by it. I like it. I just don't like the placement of the subtext. It leaves that whole bar empty on the left side... although I must say that now that I think of it, it's pretty well balanced, since the main text draws the eyes toward the left. Okay, so no real picks with this set, I guess.

<b>Quicksilvery1pore</b> -- First off, the original image is of such bad quality. I like what you did with it, sort of. It looks a lot better in the set than it did originally. However, I think you skewed it a bit in the signature. Her face looks really stretched out. Also, it's very monotonous. If you're going to try for the earthy tones, I'd like to see more, well, tones. The choice of font color also rubs me the wrong way. See my previous statement about earthy tones.

<b>Polarbearpop</b> -- Fantastic job erasing the background. There's way too much empty space though. For an image like that, you could have shrunk the width by a lot. It also would have been easier to fill up the background if the signature was smaller. I think that you should have used a smaller size for the pixel effect on the girl's face. I also don't like the main text font... it doesn't fit the mood of the set.

<b>Dobbitron</b> -- Lovely! Quality is a little shoddy, but I like the work. I like the dusty effect thing. Pretty cool. Once again, your subtext is blurry. Maybe it's just the quality of the images. If there's no transparency in your images, try saving them as a jpeg.

<b>Optimus</b> -- I've noticed that you're into the funny/cute cutout borders. Pretty nice. I like the style. Although I just noticed that the bottom of the signature doesn't have the same border. I guess since it took me this long to notice, it doesn't really detract from the set. Same with your name on the avatar: it took me a while to notice, so it's not too bad. Good color selections.

<b>Kyra</b> -- Really pretty!! I love it. Props for the bubble background; it works really well. The signature's font choice is good as well, although it blends in with the image a little too well. However, the font that you used on the avatar doesn't quite work. I dislike the fact that it's a bit uneven. I like how the image catches my attention first.

<b>Destiny</b> -- I don't know. I'm feeling a bit ambivalent about this set. On one hand, the colors are gorgeous and smooth; on the other hand, the grungy effect doesn't go with the image. I think it's really creative what you did though. I really have no specific picks with this set, except the aforementioned tidbit.

<b>Rikio</b> -- Once again, your cutouts amaze me! Wow. I love the wings in the corners. So cute! The only problem is that the cutouts are <i>really</i> busy, especially on the avatar because it's so small and it's sort of overloaded with cutouts. In comparison to the original image, the girl on your set is kind of faded and doesn't stand out very much. Perhaps it's because the cutouts sort of overpower the rest of the image.

<b>Apricus</b> -- It's rather plain. With your ability, I think you could have done a lot more with the background and the text. For some reason, I like the avatar a lot more than I like the signature... maybe it's because the girl is a bit more vivid in the avatar. Nice color selection though. Lovely, really.

<b>DM was on fire!</b> -- Purple, again. I think you did a better job of filing up the empty space this time, but I don't know... there is still something missing. Again, I think you could have done a lot better in the area of text placement. Perhaps set the text toward the middle more so that the rest of the areas don't look so empty.

<b>Bluehawaii19</b> -- Rather simple, but pretty. I like the font of the main text; what is it called? And again, the vertical position of the text on the avatar is a bit irksome. I realize that you have a lot of dainty effects going on in the background, but I think it's still too plain. I can't really put my finger on it, but there is just something missing.

<b>Squibble/Feather</b> -- Gorgeous! I noticed that you took the moon apart and shrank it. Even then, it blends in really well and doesn't look chunky at all. The fading text is also really smooth; good job! However, the avatar could have been better... I think the girl would have been a better object to focus on in the avatar.

<b>Hellyer</b> -- The original image is beautiful, and I think the scanlines kind of took away from it. I think the main text could have been placed better, more toward the left/center. It's also a bit too dark. In the future, try using a pixel font for the subtext so that you can add a stroke to make it stand out against the dark background.

My two votes go to quicksilvery1pore and polarbearpop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:48 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

vkceankraz wrote:
<b>Quicksilvery1pore</b> -- First off, the original image is of such bad quality. I like what you did with it, sort of. It looks a lot better in the set than it did originally. However, I think you skewed it a bit in the signature. Her face looks really stretched out. Also, it's very monotonous. If you're going to try for the earthy tones, I'd like to see more, well, tones. The choice of font color also rubs me the wrong way. See my previous statement about earthy tones.

Zoom in, or copy to your image program, to get a better quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:58 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Bump.

Visit the PPT Better than You

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

OK, note to self...stop using so much purple. o.o

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10