Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

How is the weather?

Sunny and warm
46%
Cold and rainy
26%
Obscenely cold and snowy
6%
Other
23%

Total votes : 35

How is the weather?

Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:36 pm

So I woke up this morning and I seem to have forgotten that it's winter.
Last weekend, temperatures hit 21C. This weekend? -20C, windchill included, with a ridiculous amount of blowing snow. What happened? I know that I live in a winter city in Canada, but this is just ridiculous.

What's it like where you live? Has your city been pummeled by the cantankerous Old Man Winter?

Re: How is the weather?

Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:01 pm

Today is so HOT!!!! It is 30 degrees C here and I can't live without my AC on. Last weekend was windy and rainy because of the typhoon but it is now gone.

Wow! It is winter in Canada? Which city do you live? I was born in Vancouver. I wish I get snow in HK, as I never seen snow before except on TV and in pictures.
Last edited by KMB1933 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:05 pm

Winter? Winter was over in February. Then we had a few touches of cold weather over March...and it has been decent outside the last week or so. A rainstorm overnight once, some clouds...but mostly just nice weather.
According to http://www.weather.com, it's 74 degrees F out now.
It will be summer soon, though...time for the humidity to shoot through the roof, and the temperatures to skyrocket.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Sunny and warm. Occasionally rainy.
Shame it doesn't happen more often though.

As for the temperature ...it's nowhere near 20C yet, but if there's no wind - people start to sweat. :P

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! :) On Thursday-Sunday I was able to sunbathe for two hours each. At the moment it's 78F. I'm so glad the snow is finally gone and the weather is so beautiful. It does wonders to lift the spirit. ^.^

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:07 pm

It is cold and cloudy for me.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:14 pm

It's been sunny and about 10°C (at the highest) for many days now. It's spring! :)

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:03 pm

KMB1933 wrote:Today is so HOT!!!! It is 30 degrees C here and I can't live without my AC on. Last weekend was windy and rainy because of the typhoon but it is now gone.

Wow! It is winter in Canada? Which city do you live? I was born in Vancouver. I wish I get snow in HK, as I never seen snow before except on TV and in pictures.

I live in Edmonton. This is some seriously spastic weather. It's been crazy windy and snowy for the past couple of days, and I think it's going to stay like this for most of the week. I just hope that there won't be freezing rain.

I'm not sure that you would want this kind of snow. No good times will come from this!

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:20 pm

Cold, rainy, miserable, Englandy.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 pm

It feels AMAZING outside!
It's 77 degrees (that's 25 Celsius) and very sunny.. :]

Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:08 pm

Take the first word of the first two and that is SLO and LO right now.

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:49 pm

Haha, terrible. I live in the Blue Mountains, NSW, and it's ALWAYS raining here.

Went into town earlier, and it's a damn good thing I've been here for over a year, because it was soooo misty, and you pretty much have to know the roads to get around when it's like this.

It was raining all of yesterday, and I think it'll be raining the next month... Or two.

Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:56 pm

It actually snowed where I am on Saturday and the Saturday before that we had record highs for temperature. It's been raining everyday besides those.

*shakes fist at the Northwest for its fickle weather*

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:31 pm

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:It actually snowed where I am on Saturday and the Saturday before that we had record highs for temperature. It's been raining everyday besides those.

*shakes fist at the Northwest for its fickle weather*

I feel your pain. It's been snowing since Saturday here, too.

I took this picture this morning, after I shoveled a ton of foot high snow last night. Curses!

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:41 pm

Twinkle wrote:Cold, rainy, miserable, Englandy.

Summed it up in four words. Love it.

At the moment it's grey, rainy but annoyingly humid and stuffy. I smell spring. I hate that spring-is-almost-here weather.
Topic locked