Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

Heeeeey guys heeeeeeeeey

Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:14 am

That moderator that was inactive for two year before she finally said 'Ok, I'm a bad inactive moderator.' seems to have finally come back after two years to see what's going on.

It's awfully...quiet

A shame, I remember this being a rather large community. Then again Neopets hasn't had much to offer lately so it seems like the fresh blood is in less quantity and the old blood has grown up and moved on for the most part. Ah well.

Anyway, I've been marching banding (student leadership now woo), forum modding elsewhere (under the name "FenderJazz"; techniques heavily differ from what I did here because, well, this community is rather tame), almost done with college after nine semesters and yes, when they say it'll only take four years they are all liars.

It just occurred to me that my signature is probably the last thing I've finished drawing and coloring. Schedule and perfectionism have not been kind to my few picture-artsy talents.

Things I can do now? Um...build a computer. Arrange music for a large ensemble. And uh...I'm platinum league in Starcraft 2.

Either way my 'official' title of being a bassoonist who's rather good with marching bands and happens to enjoy tinkering is an odd combo that won't net me any super good jobs, but hey. I'll find something to do with it.

So, how've you all been? Hanging in there, I see.

Re: Heeeeey guys heeeeeeeeey

Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:47 pm

There are still quite a few people here - mostly new, actually. You may recall there was a fairly sizable turnover last summer.

Arranging music is a skill. Frankly, there have only been a few people good at it, and even fewer good at it for marching band. If you can do THAT, you will have the adoration of overworked band directors for the rest of your life.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:33 am

No, I do not recall. :/ Like I said, even if I officially left in 2008, I've really not been around since about 2006. I don't recognize many names. Even during my last post I didn't recognize many names.

Ah, well. Maybe that new plot will bring a few newbies in! Or at least more oldbies back...can't say I'm really participating in it, just reading along because I'm kinda curious what they came up with.

Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:42 am

The days of old have faded away with the times, man. None of the oldbies are here anymore, and if everyone I talked to when I was 11/12 came back, it's been so long that we wouldn't even know each other anymore.

Just for the record, I am now 19. Holy crap!

Congrats on being almost done with college! I myself have just started art school. My 12-year-old self would be thrilled, especially at all the naked men I've drawn in Life Drawing (then she would be disappointed as none look like Zero). Here's hoping I don't suck and can make a career out of drawing pretty pictures.

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:19 pm

I've never been an overly active poster, but I've been a constant lurker ;)

Been a while since I've been around though, and it does seem kinda quiet. Hopefully the plot brings folks around. This has always been a fun place to hang around!
Topic locked