Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The future of PPT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:37 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

well regardless of what our opinions of the shoutbox on the front page were, it did draw people. most were kids but the adult did wander in and i have a nice long list on fb full of them. it also doesnt help much that we cant keep newsposters for longer than a month or two. subeta is my new obsession and people are definatly running around looking for help on the achievements and shop layouts and what not but we sadly removed our subeta section. neopets is a sinking ship and we seriously need to add in another game or two or this site is doomed to follow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:40 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

yusrah wrote:
neopets is a sinking ship and we seriously need to add in another game or two or this site is doomed to follow.

I agree. I am a member of various online games and would gladly help out.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'd be more than happy to write guides for Subeta, Solia and Gaia. :)

it'd also be a good idea to fix the forums so that people can actually post in them
i'm tired of getting errors from opera when i try to post

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:01 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
DM was on fire! wrote:
I'd be more than happy to write guides for Subeta, Solia and Gaia. :)

it'd also be a good idea to fix the forums so that people can actually post in them
i'm tired of getting errors from opera when i try to post

I'll second the Opera posting issue. Is it seemingly random for you, too?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:05 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Half the time I get a blank page after trying to post using Firefox. And then when I go back to preview, sometimes the post has gone through, but other times it hasn't. It seems to be worse lately.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Siniri wrote:
Half the time I get a blank page after trying to post using Firefox. And then when I go back to preview, sometimes the post has gone through, but other times it hasn't. It seems to be worse lately.

That's the Firefox equivalent to the issue, then.

Blue wrote:
I'll second the Opera posting issue. Is it seemingly random for you, too?

No, it's seemingly all the time. :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:56 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I get the same problem with AOL sometimes.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My best advice would be if you'd like the forums more active, try to post more, like others have suggested. There is still a trickle of new members. Maybe something will grab someone's attention and make them want to stay a bit longer. :) Even if no one else joins, there are still the few active members left. Have fun with each other. :) I know people come and go and old members check in once in a while. If you were having fun with the people who still visit, they might be persuaded to join in, too. :)

I agree with PPT looking into other areas besides Neopets. I've suggested this in the past, too, as well as more activities that weren't Neopets-based, because I was having a lot of trouble going to Neopets on the computer I used to use. I'm only a forum admin, though, so I can only suggest things. I've tried to help things become more active in the past and even though a lot of people had fun, there were complaints as well. I guess you can't please everyone? You shouldn't rely on the forum staff for activities, though. Back when I first joined PPT, it was the regular members who came up with a lot of fun things to do. There were a lot of giveaways and games and such that they created and ran on their own. You want to play Werewolf? Start up a game. You want to role-play? Create one. You want to play some other game or do some other activity? Post it up and see what happens. Keep in mind the number of people active at the moment and tailor your activities to that. I wouldn't suggest spending a lot of time coming up with something crazy indepth. Start small and build up. If it doesn't work, try a new idea. Even if no one replies, you can say you tried.

It's everyone, the members and the staff, who make up PPT. You can't go back to the past, but you can make do with what you have. :) I created a forum for my daughters to use to help them learn about posting and interacting online until they are COPPA age and for myself to practice and learn phpbb. It's basically only them, my husband, several friends, and myself. The girls are pleased as punch, though. They post to word games, write little stories, draw pictures and post them, PM people, and play arcade games trying to beat each other's high scores. They could care less that there are only a few people posting up. They are having fun with each other. :) Every once in a while someone will come across our little forum and sign up. Sometimes they post up once or twice and disappear. Sometimes they join in the fun and hang around. Either way, we're glad they stopped by. :) It's all what you make of it.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:51 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

...*keeps forgetting about Fantasybits*

I think the problem is what I've been thinking the whole time: it's difficult to do much of anything game wise with only a few active members.
As stated a few pages back, I've MC'd Werewolf before.
But the problem is, you need about fifteen active people to play it, in my experience; and we only have at the most...what, five, six active members? I'm sure more, but I don't think they play Werewolf.
If we branch out into other territories, we'll have more.
Subeta has already been taken up by NeoLodge. If you guys take it on again, we'll look like poseurs (even though we were the first to have a Subeta fansite). :s
I just can't think of what else to be done.

On a side note, I need to go through and add all of PPT to my MSN.
I think I'll do that now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I know that at least two of the active members play WW (when they have time). One of them is really good. But you are correct - many more are needed for a good full game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm all for having a WW game, but we'd need to branch out and find more members. A lot of us visit other forums (e.g. Randomness, DBA, WGF, LW) so if we advertised there, we'd just have the same people. We need to find some other place to get members from, where there aren't many people who are already here.

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:22 am 

As there are a number of other pet simulation games which are currently thriving, perhaps shifting the primary focus to a general petsite discussion forum could help alleviate some of the inactivity problems...

Image Cenopets

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Cenopets wrote:
As there are a number of other pet simulation games which are currently thriving, perhaps shifting the primary focus to a general petsite discussion forum could help alleviate some of the inactivity problems...

This. Or do we even need a specific topic? If we were just a general forum, with sub-categories for stuff like petsites, we'd get a wider audience. Course, like I said, that'd take PPT in an entirely different direction than what we're used to (catering for a fairly young, PG-13 audience). And what would happen to the main site? o_O

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Do like NeoLodge did. Have the site for Neopets, and the site for whatever else anyone can come up with. c:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:44 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Helena wrote:
Cenopets wrote:

This. Or do we even need a specific topic? If we were just a general forum, with sub-categories for stuff like petsites, we'd get a wider audience. Course, like I said, that'd take PPT in an entirely different direction than what we're used to (catering for a fairly young, PG-13 audience). And what would happen to the main site? o_O

I know I said I quiet, but I still come in to see what will happen to PPT and to read some jokes once in a while.

But that's of topic, so this is what I want to say, I think it has been decided that Neopets is going to burn, and for PPT to not burn with it, we must branch out to other games and sites in general.

What I would like to see, is lots of games like MaraPets, WOW, and other games of all kinds, with there own boards and topics.
But like Helena said, it would be aiming for a completely different group of people, but is that really so bad? Keep the same rules, no REALLY bad language and things like that.

So it would bring in all kinds of people and kids, and we would be back to at least what we where before, if not better. So let us aim for the sky, as it is the limit of what we could do :)

Thank you Byakuya San for the set!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next