Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: The future of PPT
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:09 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I really really wish we could keep PPT running
I remember when I joined and how I came across it. When I joined this place was alien to me and at the time I only knew pickles who now sadly has also left. I have many fond memories and wish to keep them coming for as long as possible.

I doubt that neopets having a plot is going to help us unless they have one at least every 6-12 months because they will be around for the plot, hang around for a couple of months and then they will soon leave and sure a few may hang around for a little longer because they loved the commuity so much. But otherwise neopts having a plot is no use to us.
But as others have said maybe we could reel back some of the older members whilst maybe bringing in a load of new ones with an add of somesort. But then we are faced with the problem of trying to get all the members new or old to stay with us for much longer.

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:48 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I really know if we can being a Neopets web site, but we need to trim back the Neo stuff and and make more of a all-around online and community with less about Neopets and more on other games.

I think that if we try this, we may could bring in more members of other sites and get them into the other games, as well as other forums as well.

Even try using Google adds or something like that.

Theres a lot we could do, but we need more man power from more users as mods and admins.

I as it is am now a semi-lurker and never post. PPT was my most visited site but has now dropped to about fourth or fifth.
Quote:
In total there are 18 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
Most users ever online was 378 on March 21st, 2008, 10:56 pm

Registered users: Plastic Ninja

Thank you Byakuya San for the set!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:39 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
Most users ever online was 378 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Registered users: Blake

We, the core few members of PPT, need to band together and make this something new. It can't just be the mods or the admins, it has to come from us users, too.

(Steal the rhythm while you can.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:36 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
I'm here every day, and post every day though it is at random times. I agree we need to somehow make PPT rise out the ashes like a Phoenix.

I miss the good old days when Neopets General was full of new posts every second whether it be discussing the news on Neopets, the red pteri, the glitches, the overinflation over rare items or various other Neopets releated things.

There hasn't been a plot on Neopets since the Petpet Park Plot and I noticed that during the fourth Altador Cup, JellyNeo (Another Neopets related site) was more active than PPT during that time.

List of plots on Neopets since Viacom purchased Neopets, Inc. in 2005 exluding the annual Altadar Cups, Daily Dare and Gamesmaster Challenge:

Curse of Maraqua (2005)
Lost Desert Plot (2005)
Altador Plot (2006)
Cyodrake’s Gaze (2006)
The Tale of Woe (2006)
Journey to the Lost Isle (2007)
The Return of Dr. Sloth (2008)
Petpet Park Plot (2008)

Besides Neopets it seems that most of the people that were coming here were doing so for the forum games like Werewolf that we used to hold on the Coconut Isle so maybe holding more forum games like that there and having more PPT Forum Event plots might help PPT.

We have also had Forum Event plots here on PPT in the past too like the April's Fools plot were the Admins were held prisoner with the members taking over and Robin's demodding in the plot. Older members will also remember the Staff Sacrificers event on the old PPT database back in 2003. It was fun event that we had back then and if I remember correctly voting was done by everyone through a voting page with a dropdown list of people in it, Hunter Lupe hosted the event.

Coconut Isle has been too quiet as we haven't had a Werewolf game there since November 2008 and then the mass staff quitting thing happened a couple months later which made PPT's activity rate drop a lot especially since some of those same staff were expert WW hosts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:29 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Quote:
Older members will also remember the Staff Sacrificers event on the old PPT database back in 2003. It was fun event that we had back then and if I remember correctly voting was done by everyone through a voting page with a dropdown list of people in it, Hunter Lupe hosted the event.

I would love to host one of those.
could be really fun if some people want to do one.

Thank you Byakuya San for the set!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hah, that's before my time, actually.
I'd love to get together with someone and host Werewolf, or a Hit and Heal game. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
In total there are 21 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
Most users ever online was 378 on Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Registered users: Blake, dartagnanwestley, kougraluvr12

DM was on fire! wrote:
I'd love to get together with someone and host Werewolf, or a Hit and Heal game. :)

I would love to help host, but I am inexperienced and I can't guarantee I will be on every day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I stop in about once a day.

The drop in participation is something I've observed at several sites.

For me, Neopets has been non-interesting for a good while now. The postcard search is mildly fun but you have to join some other commercial site to get all the cards, which I don't wish to do. I miss the interesting story lines where you had to solve puzzles and find things. PPT has been wonderful in helping work out those puzzles. But it's been a long time. I remember fondly the time we had to search through trees and so forth.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Blake wrote:
DM was on fire! wrote:

I would love to help host, but I am inexperienced and I can't guarantee I will be on every day.

I would also love to help host a werewolf or hit and heal or whatever we come up with but I am also inexperienced but if I had soem one to help out then I would be fine I think.

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:10 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

well we used to cover subeta and marapets. ive never really played marapets and i only go to neopets for a few minutes a day. i am, however on subeta day and night. neolodge apparently now has a subeta area while we lost ours. i know that many of the subeta people play over there because of the suck that neopets has become and all the insane rules and filters. perhaps we should re-open some of the lost subeta pages?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:45 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

There are a lot of subforums, both Neopets- and non-Neo- related. I decided to browse through them and had forgotten about a lot of the stuff we used to talk about, so I decided to try posting in anything about which I might have something to say.

After all, we can all sit here and complain about how no one else is posting anything new, but maybe we can get some conversations started ourselves. If we each were to reply to 3 threads (besides this one), we'd all have something new to read each time we logged in. So I challenge you to click on the board index and find a topic or three that interests you and post.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

It's not so much our current users posting, its more an issue of getting old members back.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri has a good point. If the current people start posting, more people will post. The more active, the more PPT will draw people in...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:19 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Maybe we just need a dance party?

[Manufactured by Byakuya San]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:51 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

ginny-ROX wrote:
Blake wrote:
DM was on fire! wrote:

I would also love to help host a werewolf or hit and heal or whatever we come up with but I am also inexperienced but if I had soem one to help out then I would be fine I think.

I could gladly help you guys learn how to host WW.
Although, I'm a little rusty because I haven't hosted in nearly two years. XD

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next