Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

What foods can't you live without?

Mon May 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Obsessively eating pickles?

Continuously munching on carrots?

I have a penchant for beans... yup - baked beans. And if I didn't have my tea... I'd shrivel up.

What foods can't you do without?

Re: What foods can't you live without?

Mon May 10, 2010 7:04 pm

I can definitively say that I do not obsessively eat pickles. I do like pickles, though...

I have a true weakness for tortilla chips. Can't seem to leave them alone once I crack open a bag. I don't buy them as much anymore.

werepup wrote:Obsessively eating pickles?

Continuously munching on carrots?

I have a penchant for beans... yup - baked beans. And if I didn't have my tea... I'd shrivel up.

What foods can't you do without?

Mon May 10, 2010 7:59 pm

Custard creams, defiantly. I always have a few packs stored in the cupboard.

Tue May 11, 2010 2:08 am

Three foods I seem to eat nearly every day, and start to feel deprived if I don't have any over the course of a few days: skim milk, natural peanut butter, and chocolate. I usually combine them in a low-fat, healthy smoothie (using cocoa powder and sugar to control the unhealthiness).

A food that I can't seem to stop eating? Probably cheesy poofs. They're like air, and so I can eat nearly a whole bag by myself in one sitting. Which is why I never ever buy them. And fudge... it's so little, but so rich, that I eat more than I should when it's around. Halvah, too...

Yes, this is why I avoid certain aisles of the grocery store completely, and have the rule "if you want to eat it, you have to make it from scratch." And then never have the ingredients on hand.

Tue May 11, 2010 8:42 am

Hmm, cos of my intolerances... it kinda restricts what I can eat. I can't have anything with durum wheat, cow's milk, egg, rye or yeast... which used to pretty much be the majority of my diet.

I've since had to change what I munch on. Sweets-wise, my vice has to be skittles. I can have them without blowing up to the size of a large cow.

Sat May 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Oranges. Proper oranges, not satsumas or anything like that. Tangerines are acceptable, too. And chocolate, of course.

werepup wrote:And if I didn't have my tea... I'd shrivel up.

I hear you, Iya.

Sun May 30, 2010 2:32 am

How about Blood Oranges? I love Blood Orange juice.

Mon May 31, 2010 2:45 pm

Helena wrote:And chocolate, of course.

I miss chocolate - but I haven't had the guts yet to order the goats milk-made chocolate from the net... maybe someone could point them out to Kai... get them as a pressie.

I've replaced my chocolate needs with Thorntons Mint Crumbles... I'm sadly (or should I say happily) addicted.

Mon May 31, 2010 3:46 pm

Blue wrote:How about Blood Oranges? I love Blood Orange juice.

Blood oranges are pretty awesome, but I've never had blood orange juice. In fact, I can't remember seeing it in a store at all apart from when I went to a movie/comic/media expo and they were selling them for £8 with the True Blood logo and name slapped on. Rip-off, much? :battar:

Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:30 am

I would say ramen, but I don't eat it that much (anymore). I would indulge in fig newtons if I have them, and peanut butter on toast is quick enough to make. so...seems like I need to get a better diet. ;)

Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:56 am

Ramen. Oh, Ramen. I remember eating that all the time. Price was right. Easy to make. Mmmm. Salty.

That and Mac 'n Cheese. Mmmm. Powdered Cheesy. Blech.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:53 pm

werepup wrote:
Helena wrote:And chocolate, of course.

I miss chocolate - but I haven't had the guts yet to order the goats milk-made chocolate from the net... maybe someone could point them out to Kai... get them as a pressie.

My mom cant have milk, and she just gets dairy-free dark chocolate. She also gets Rice Dream. No milk, no eggs :)

For me, I would have to say soda. Just soda in general. Coke, Sprite, Mountain-Dew or anything else. But other sugary drinks like lemonade will do.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:10 pm

I'm not exactly choosy about my food, but I'd definitely have to say cheddar cheese. And none of your wimp stuff; anything below sharp might as well be American.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Tharkun wrote:I'm not exactly choosy about my food, but I'd definitely have to say cheddar cheese. And none of your wimp stuff; anything below sharp might as well be American.

I loooove cheddar cheese. I'm more of a medium/sharp person, though. By American, do you mean cheese made in America, or these... things?
Blech. :(

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:34 am

Yes, yes, that abomination unto nature. Not necessarily the Singles, but same basic concept.

Weird fact: Canadians call it Canadian cheese. Why in God's name anyone would dispute national claims to that sort of thing... it would be far more fitting if the terminology were switched. Like with syphilis, which the French called English pox and the English called French pox.
Topic locked