Anything and everything goes in here... within reason.
Topic locked

Hobbylicious

Mon May 10, 2010 3:30 pm

So you guys are pretty busy so it seems these days. So what hobbies are you getting up to?

I love to watch films, read and cycle. For a while there, I was uber fit doing judo and wrestling... but I've taken a wee step back and mellowed in my old age ;)

Re: Hobbylicious

Mon May 10, 2010 7:00 pm

I used to have hobbies :cry:

Now my only hobby seems to be work. I guess my 2nd job could be considered a hobby :)

Mon May 10, 2010 8:01 pm

I play Call of Duty way too much. But I do go skating with my friends every now and then.

Tue May 11, 2010 2:11 am

Irish step-dancing, weightlifting, Neopets... Once it warms up, I'll be swimming nearly every day again, and I was hiking and trail-running a lot, but this bothersome patellar tendinitis has forced me to cut back so much. Does looking for a job or writing a thesis count as a hobby? If so, those are my main two right now (though I'd rather call them my "job").

Tue May 11, 2010 3:58 am

Siniri wrote:Does looking for a job or writing a thesis count as a hobby?

Nope. Both are full-time jobs.

Tue May 11, 2010 8:38 am

Blue - I totally get that... acting seems to be a hobby at the moment and not earning much money.

Oh well.

Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 am

werepup wrote:Blue - I totally get that... acting seems to be a hobby at the moment and not earning much money.

But you love it. It has its challenges and keeps you interested.

I really enjoy my 2nd job. In general, it is not mentally taxing, it can be a lot of fun, and I get to meet interesting people (good as well as terrible). It doesn't always pay all that much, but there are times it pays extremely well.

Sun May 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Tragically, my hobbies at the moment include the words "mafia" and "wars," one right after the other.

Sun May 16, 2010 2:18 pm

Ah, I got tired of the stupid ninjas ;)

I'm in to legos, the bionicle brand mostly. At first it was just toys, but the way I do it, it's a hobby :D

Sat May 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Plastic Ninja wrote:Ah, I got tired of the stupid ninjas ;)

I'm in to legos, the bionicle brand mostly. At first it was just toys, but the way I do it, it's a hobby :D

Lego = awesome. Just saying.

Anywho, I still do ballroom dance, still write, still draw a bit, and I've taken up jewellery making too. o 3o

Sat May 29, 2010 9:23 pm

Gym/fitness. It's really quite endorphinized.

Mon May 31, 2010 2:18 pm

I suppose another one of my hobbies is playing with my iPhone... it's so choc-full with gadgetty goodness!

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:37 pm

Helena wrote:Lego = awesome. Just saying.

No way Lego = Painful to step on
We have all done it at some point......
Hmm I guess my hobbies are reading, writing, keeping up to date with my many scattered friends, Reading, Playing drums and Violin, breaking technology, and reading

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:20 am

Oh yes, Lego = awesome

Sure, I've stepped on them... Even accidentally swallowed one once :o

But, they are so much fun to build stuff with!

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:00 am

This is a hard one to think of. I guess my hobby would be tinkering with stuff, Neopets, reading, playing trombone, (but I'm not currently) piano, staring at the ceiling, wondering what I should do, sidetracking, a favorite, marching band, and crafting, sometimes with Lego.

I've got so bored that I sewed an outfit for my starry Kau plushie to look like Kauvara. Before that, I once sewed a pattern on a bib, but I gave up on that, and I tried that over 6 years ago. This is my second time sewing something, so the ribbon on her felt hat has a lot of holes where you can tell I sewed. If my camera didn't break on me, I've would have shown you some pictures. I'll see if I can find a camera.

EDIT: I finally got pictures! Go here. Then, click "view domo_hello_kitty's profile".
Password:
pink_poogle_toy_forum
Topic locked