If you're feeling down and blue and need a little pick-me-up, then this is the place to be people!
Topic locked

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:35 pm

The story was interesting...but sitting staring at a screen for such a short punchline...meh.

Definitely worth forwarding to all my buddies though. :D

Re: Best Joke in the World

Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:10 am

Well I must say that is quite a long story... for just a short punchline.
I enjoyed it xD

Re:

Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:05 am

Kymothy wrote:I am so not reading all that lol. Cliffnotes version please!

agreed, I saw how long just the joke was and I couldnt be bothered.........

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:34 am

that... was so... time consuming, and yet thoroughly enjoyable lol.

Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:50 am

I enjoyed this story/joke very much. The actual joke part wasn't that good, but as a story it was nice. Anyone who enjoyed this would probably really like Piers Anthony's Xanth Series, as this sort of "story revolves around a pun" is his style. I haven't read Piers in a good many years, but I used to love his stuff. I think Zombie Lover was the last one I read.

http://www.piers-anthony.com/xanth.html

Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:02 am

smudgeoffudge wrote:I enjoyed this story/joke very much. The actual joke part wasn't that good, but as a story it was nice. Anyone who enjoyed this would probably really like Piers Anthony's Xanth Series, as this sort of "story revolves around a pun" is his style. I haven't read Piers in a good many years, but I used to love his stuff. I think Zombie Lover was the last one I read.

http://www.piers-anthony.com/xanth.html

The actual joke is on the reader, who spent all that time reading the story just for the short pun. xP

Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:07 pm

OH EM GEE.. :lol: :rofl:
CWisgood wrote:The actual joke is on the reader, who spent all that time reading the story just for the short pun. xP

Definetly!

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:14 am

I want 15 minutes of my life back now. please? :cry: But that was really funny. :D

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:20 am

My "best joke in the world" candidate ends with the line "only Hugh can prevent florist friars."

It's so bad that when I tried to tell it to my college roommates one year, I couldn't stop giggling. I had to walk around our suite with a blanket over my head just to smother myself enough to finish telling the joke.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:39 am

shapu wrote:My "best joke in the world" candidate ends with the line "only Hugh can prevent florist friars."

It's so bad that when I tried to tell it to my college roommates one year, I couldn't stop giggling. I had to walk around our suite with a blanket over my head just to smother myself enough to finish telling the joke.

I need to hear the whole thing, given that the mere punchline has made me chuckle.

Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:52 am

Here are three truly terrible jokes (including the giggling under a blanket one)

1. One day Fred decided he wanted to visit his old friend Jim. He went by Jim's house and rang the doorbell. Jim's wife answered, and Fred inquired after him. Jim's wife said, "He's not here, he's out picking cotton."

A few weeks later, Fred went by again, and again asked about Jim. Jim's wife was there, and once again told Fred that Jim was "out picking cotton."

A few weeks after that, Fred came by again, and Jim's wife again answered. She was dressed all in black, and told Fred that Jim had passed away a few weeks before. She asked if Fred wanted to visit his grave, right out back. Fred went back and read the tombstone.
"Jim. Gone, but not for cotton."

2. Did you hear Garry Kasparov and Bobby Fischer were thrown out of a hotel lobby recently for bragging too loudly?
The manager said he couldn't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.

3. Once upon a time a group of monks lived in a monastery far up a hillside. In addition to their duties of prayer, fasting, chores, and enlightening ancient texts (and, for Asthaloth, they had taken a vow of No Drinky Drinky), they discovered that the soil on the hillside was excellent for growing flowers.

The monks began growing their flowers and selling them in the nearby town, to raise money for the monastery. The flowers were so beautiful, and sold for so much, that the abbot began having his monks grow more and more flowers, at the expense of their religious duties. More and more flowers were grown, less and less holy work was done, and the abbot and his monks became greedier and greedier.

The Pope, on hearing this, sent a messenger to the monastery demanding a halt to the flower-growing activities. The abbot sent a message back: several pieces of the first messenger.

The Pope, enraged, sent a crack squad of troops to storm the abbey. But on climbing the hill, they suffered slings and arrows (to their grave misfortune), and also boiling oil and big rolling rocks. They were repulsed, and the monastery held on.

The Pope, at his wit's end, called for a bishop named Hugh, to take back the monastery. Hugh traveled to the town, climbed the mountain path, dodged the projectiles and rocks, avoided the oil, scaled the wall, dropped inside the monastery, and slaughtered all of the monks.

The moral of the story?
Only Hugh can preven florist friars.
Topic locked