Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Final Fantasy
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hi all. :) I am in a Final Fantasy role-play in the RP bpard and I was wondering if someone who had played the games could explain some things to me.

I need to know about the magic orbs. My husband has explained a little, but all he knows is from another FF rp he is in. Here's what I have gathered from what he said (and *please* feel free to correct me if anything I say is wrong).

The orbs that the characters use are small physical orbs that contain certain magics. They have to be touched to be activated, but they do not have to be held the entire time. The characters do not have magic without the orbs because they give the power to perform the magics. For example: If you were a summoner and you had animals you had summoned with you, when the orb is deactivated they would disappear. I wasn't too clear on how long the orbs stay activated or if/how they became deactivated, though. Also, if certain orbs are a certain color or look a certain way, that would be very useful to know.

If you could please explain them a little more or add any other information, I would be very greatful. Thank you very much! :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:16 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hmm...Sounds like materia from FF7 to me. The longer you use the 'orbs,' the more experience they get, and you can use new spells. Once it reaches it's highest level, it will split and you will have two of the same materia, one mastered and one new.

Then again, I never RP, so it could be somthing completely different. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

The orbs sound like materia from FF7 to me as well.

The colors of the orbs(materia) relate to what type of spell they cast, whether it is magic, summoning...and I think skill and stat. Materia is green, yellow, purple, and red, though I forget which goes with what. (Or if those colors or actually correct.)

The materia (or 'orbs')can only be used once per turn in the game, though you can use them again on your next turn. :)

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The only materia color I remember is Summoning is always red (just 'cuz I remember the Knights of the Round materia... ^.^).

Zero set 13 of 26

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oooooooh Final Fantasy VII. One of the great loves of my life ^__^

Yeah the orbs are most likely the materia orbs from Final Fantasy VII, unless your hubby has fantasic futuristic vision (or one of the currently PSMs), because it just so happens that Final Fantasy XII also uses magical orbs.

Anyhoo, back to FFVII because that's what I know and love.

I never knew that materia had to be touched to be activated, so I'm not sure about that part.

For convenience people equip materia into spherical slots in their weapons, armor, and accessories. However I think in a RP situation materia do not need to be equipped to be used, as was the case with Aeris's white materia (holy?). During the game though only equipped materia can be used. If you forgot to equip your best materia before fighting Sephiroth, too bad.

The more slots a weapon has, the better. Also note that some slots are linked, and thus when a materia and it's complementary materia is equipped you'll get a new effect (more on this later).

Ok, on the the purdy colors!

Green - Probably the most common (?) materia, and the first one that you get. Your run of the mill elemental materia are green: fire, ice, thunder, etc etc. Equipping green materia and leveling up your character will in turn level up the materia. For example the spell Fire can be upgraded to Fire 2 then Fire 3. The exception is Ultima, an element-less, but extremely powerful green materia. And I guess maybe Cure and Heal as well, unless you count those as Holy elemental.

Red - The summon materia. Once the red summon materia is equipped, the monster is summon is=n a similar fashion as casting a green materia spell. However, contrary to typical mytho-summons, these summons only appear and do their attack, and then they're gone. They do not stay with you. The strongest summon in FFVII was Knights of the Round Table, where 13 knights are summoned and appear one by one to attack the enemy. Leveling up a red materia will not increase the power of the summon, but simply increase the number of times you can use the summon per battle (if your MP allows for it XD)

Yellow - Skill materia, or action materia. These materia enable the user to use a new skill. A good example is the "Steal" materia, which allows the person to, well, steal. It can leveled up to "Mug," so that you can deal damage while stealing.

A curious exception is the Enemy skill materia. Yellow enemy skill materia are preprogrammed to learn certain attacks of certain enemies. In order to learn the attack you must

1) Have the materia equipped.

2) The character with the yellow materia equipped must receive and survive and enemy skill they want to learn.

Enemy skill materia are preprogrammed in the sense that you can't learn every single enemy skill out there. Only a select few have been chosen for you to learn. A common mistake and reason to kick yourself later is forgetting to equip the often neglected enemy skill materia during a difficult boss fight in order to make room for your Cure 3 materia, then learning later that you could've learned the boss's ultimate attack.

Purple - Special materia, as I like to call them. An example is the Chocobo call materia. (I think that's what it was called). Equipping this materia increases the chance of a chocobo appearing during a random battle. Then I think there was also a increase luck purple materia.

Blue - Support materia. Remember the linked slots I mentioned earlier? Good. So let's say you managed to level yourself a nifty Fire 3 materia. Put that in a slot that is connected to another slot. Now in that other slot you can put a blue support materia, the most important and commonly used being "All."

[Fire 3]-[All]

So now they're linked. Now you can cast Fire 3 on all the enemy targets at once!

An interesting thing about blue materia is that like summon materia they effect is not enhanced when you level them up.

With all materia when you max out it's level, it "reproduces" and you have a brank new same materia with 0 exp that you get to level again.

The nifty thing about that is the "All" materia is extremely easy to level and "clone," if you will. And so when you get your new All materia and you used that, since it's the same effect as your mastered All materia, and sell your mastered one! An effective way to make money.

Black - There is only one black materia in the world. It enables the user to cast Meteor (unknown level?) that is capable of detroying the world.

White - There is also only one white materia in the world. I assume it allows the casting of Holy, although the method is widely debated. It can counter the black materia.

Can you tell that I loved this game? ^____^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

You could also be referring to the spheres of FFX-2!!

They change your character's job, and your character is always using one. For example, if your character is a Gunner, they can use the abilities of a gunner, carry around a gun, or a pair of guns, and will wear the outfit of a Gunner. They will stay like this, until they change into a different sphere, then they lose the abilities, weapon(s) and outfit associated with that sphere.

The spheres look like little orbs of colour, and inside each is a little picture asociating with the particular job it transforms the user into.

Perhaps you should find out which type of orb the rp is referring to, like which game it comes from. If it's something from FFX, or FFX-2, then just PM me and i'll try to help you out!

Hope this helped, if it was what you were looking for :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ria wrote:

They change your character's job, and your character is always using one. For example, if your character is a Gunner, they can use the abilities of a gunner, carry around a gun, or a pair of guns, and will wear the outfit of a Gunner. They will stay like this, until they change into a different sphere, then they lose the abilities, weapon(s) and outfit associated with that sphere.

The spheres look like little orbs of colour, and inside each is a little picture asociating with the particular job it transforms the user into.

Perhaps you should find out which type of orb the rp is referring to, like which game it comes from. If it's something from FFX, or FFX-2, then just PM me and i'll try to help you out!

I highly doubt it is something to do with the 'spheres' in FFX-2. I think when Jasujo refered to magics, she was refering to casting spells. (fire, water, etc.) Dress spheres aren't neccessarily direct ways to cast a bunch of spells unless you're a black mage.

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Flame wrote:
ria wrote:

I highly doubt it is something to do with the 'spheres' in FFX-2. I think when Jasujo refered to magics, she was refering to casting spells. (fire, water, etc.) Dress spheres aren't neccessarily direct ways to cast a bunch of spells unless you're a black mage.

It could relate to the sphere grid in X, but x2's dress spheres dont really work like how she mentions it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]