Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

not everyones thoughts are obsolete.
just yours of late.
(and by the way, psychological shinanigens dont work on me, least of all freudian ones)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:38 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Just one last time. I'll help you out a bit here. Look at the end of my last post, and look at your reply. Find the error in your post and win a prize.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:45 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

i have chronic insomnia, ive not slept well in a month.
im way beyond seeing subtle patterns, and way beyond caring anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

well isn't this just freindly

But on topic, dawn of war does look really good, i don't think any of the computer games based on any of the Gamesworkshop stuff will really take off but dawn of war is not going to overtake something as ridiculously popular as starcraft.

I prefer playing with the insanely expensive plastic things.

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:23 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Soujiro wrote:
Defend it all you like. There are a lot of players who pay hundreds and thousands of dollars to buy the figurines to play the game.

8)

Anyway, the game looks REALLY good if you put all the settings as high as possible. The sad thing is, there are only Orks, Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, and Eldar.

Three of the most boring races and Orks.. Ugh. Were are the Necrons, Tau, Tyranids? They could have thrown in the Sisters of Battle and the Adeptus Mechanicus for all I car. It would have been better.

I hope there will be patches for MORE buildings, MORE races, MORE upgrades and MORE units. Than it will be an even better game than it already is.

It certainly won't be more popular than Starcraft, but it definately is better.

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. ~ F.M. Knowles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:31 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

mods are already being built for it, to inlude the other races (specificly imperial guard and necrons at the mo)
and as "the most boring" (bearing in mind they are the most popular races:P) they arent half the most interesting background wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:45 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well, they aren't boring races. Just they way they look in the game. I mean, only Blood Angels and those Bloodthirster Chaos people (I forgot their name). Where are the Space Wolves, Ultramarines, Grey Knights?
Or Nurgle :(
And no Chaos Terminators or Dreadnoughts. No special characters.

They sure aren't boring when you look at their background. Both Chaos and the Space Marines have played and still play a huge part in the history of the Imperium (And everything else in space)
Same goes for the Eldar, but they seem so small and boring in the game. Even though they definately aren't.
The things I really want to see in the game are the C'Tan, Adeptus Mechanicus(sp?:P), SoB, Necrons, and ugh, Lots of other things!

Even thoough this game is a huge improvement compared to the other Warhammer games. It could have been so much more!

I want my Inquisitors :(

Most interesting background wise. The Necrons for sure, with the Necrontyr and C'Tan. And the Eldar/Dark Eldar.
The history behind the Orks and Tyranids can be very interesting, but because they're not really intelligent, it mostly consists of wars and more wars (and Waaaaaghs :P )

Most boring - Tau. -_-'

Faith is often the boast of the man who is too lazy to investigate. ~ F.M. Knowles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:13 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
the general consensus on the game is thusly: starcraft is dead, long live dawn of war!

If by "the general consensus" you meant, "my opinion", you would be correct.

Because it would seem to me, the "general consensus" of this thread, and of the gaming world, differs greatly from your opinion.

Oh, and the words "absolute" and "obselete" carry significantly different meanings. Perhaps you should read people's posts more carefully before trying to refute them. You might actually make an intelligent remark.

Last edited by M. Bison on Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:21 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

M. Bison wrote:
Quote:
the general consensus on the game is thusly: starcraft is dead, long live dawn of war!

Because it would seem to me, the "general consensus" of this thread, and of the gaming world, differs greatly from your opinion.

Regarding the "Starcraft is dead" part, yes, most people disagree with the user who said Starcraft is dead. As for the "long live Dawn of War" part. The opinion of the gaming world and other critics doesn't differ that much. I have seen many people agree that DoW definately isn't some crappy game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:38 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

no, i mean generl concensus of those who have played the game, IE; those people who signed up for the beta (ergo: not finished yet)
and all of two people dissagreeing with me, and 27,005 whom i know agreeing, are slightly in my odds yes.
anyways, if you intend to continue to flame me, i will have to start replying in earnest.

...c'tan :x
special charecters are thankfully not in the game, no (the inquisitor as removed and replaced by a force commander)
id also like to see the other greater daemons (theyre alpha legion by the way) as khorne is possibly the least intersting of the chaos gods (though, in himself quite an interesting deity)
indeed the necrons are interseting background wise (lets not even go into the similarities between them and the krikkit shall we :P ) but...ergh, how i hat the c'tan, anything new happens in the universe and its either the c'tan or tzeentch who did it!
and that fragging dyson sphere of a c'tan (the outsider, detailed in the tyranid codex ; the only know picture of the thing in fact) am i the only one who suddenly thinks, *unicron...is that you?* whenever i see it?
(im a stingent disliker of the yngir by the way)
the tyranids are boring on face value, but you only have to look into their goals (not as obious ad youd think) to be interested.
grey knights mind are cool.
and yes, tau suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:31 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quote:
special charecters are thankfully not in the game, no (the inquisitor as removed and replaced by a force commander)

Force Commanders and Inquisitors are really different from each other though. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
no, i mean generl concensus of those who have played the game, IE; those people who signed up for the beta (ergo: not finished yet)
and all of two people dissagreeing with me, and 27,005 whom i know agreeing, are slightly in my odds yes.

Oh, OK. Well, in that case, the general consensus of Hitler is one of reverance and admiration. What do you mean I'm wrong? No, no, I meant the general consensus of the neo-nazi population. This won't cause any confusion, right?

All of two people? Sorry, but you're off by a few hundred thousand. Millions of people have played Starcraft, and hundreds of thousands continue to battle it out on Battle.net to this day. Seems to dwarf your 27K.

Quote:
anyways, if you intend to continue to flame me, i will have to start replying in earnest.

Am I supposed to feel threatened? You're going to reply with a flurry of incoherent flames? How absolutely (not obsoletely) terrifying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

well yes force commanders are rather differant to inquisitors i agree (mmm exterminatus)

the imperium of man, combines the worst elements of all the earths empires, and throws in a few thousand super human killing machines for good measure.
which is why i shall be liberally attempting to obbliterate it with the Tuat guard chaos legion.

as for you, short of mentioning that germany fought for hitler through fear and promises of power, i shall say thusly:
kamousse whairheise heneenoo.
and if you want someone who actually gives a damn about such lesser peoples, i can give you a link to a site full of people who'll argue til the cows come home, find out that earth is a wasteland and inexorably mutate into grox.
because i dunt care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Quote:
as for you, short of mentioning that germany fought for hitler through fear and promises of power

You've demonstrated you know a sliver of history! Too bad it has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion.

Quote:
i shall say thusly:
kamousse whairheise heneenoo.

There you go. The flurry of incoherent flames I was expecting. Though, to be honest, I expected incoherency due to your grammar and spelling (specifically, your lack thereof). Nevertheless, mumbling a dead (if not made-up) language still passes the "useless and incoherent" check.

Quote:
because i dunt care.

You sure care enough to continue insisting that Starcraft is "dead".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:44 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

how about this.
stop being an arsehat and get a life.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next