Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Pokemon Colosseum, anyone?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Who here has Colosseum? I preordered it, so I have Jirachi... Not too strong, but nice bragging rights. I beat it pretty quickly, so if you're looking for a great story, I wouldn't suggest it. As far as Pokemon games go, it's pretty good, but no wild battles is a setback. Oh well, at least your starter Pokemon are great. And of course, RS Pokemon are transferable to this, so, from a fan, it gets a 4 out of 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm still under shock they are trying to release Pokemon games to us!!

*run away*

Captain Insano wrote: I'd like to change my name to Bno2 please, as he is my hero.
Shoyru_Lover wrote: i want to change my gender

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:40 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I have it, but I hate that in the colosseum battles (not the ones in the story mode), you need a GBA thing to link with the Gamcube.

Last edited by Breloom on Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:43 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Wow, isn't Pokémon ever going to die out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

My friend got it and asked me why I wasn't going to get it. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:59 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

i was thinkin about gettin it but then i decided against it and just got a bunch of used games from gamecrazy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The game was okay. I liked that the story mode was something different for a change, but the whole game was really short and the end was very stupid. I mean early on in the game you at least have some exploring and searching around to do, but the end is just here are all the bosses you've beaten. Bet them again and then beat the big end boss. So boring. Maybe it's just not possible for them to make a pokemon game with a good story, but at least this one tried something different. It was good to rental, but I beat it in 1 day, so, unless you want it for the multiplayer (which I don't because I don't know anyone else who has a gba, let alone pokemon) I wouldn't buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:56 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

yeah, the multiplayer IS pathetic...

And, no, it won't ever die out because 80% of it's players are solely Pokemon, no other videogames. If Neopets ever made an RPG, I'd drop Pokemon faster than you can say, "Lemons!"

P. S., it would seem the other 20% is here at PPT, considering that Pokemon RS was the only videogame to get a split...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:13 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Pokemon Colosseum is good, but it could use some work.

1) Multiplayer is fine, but they need to re-add the Annoucer.

2) Story Mode needs to have wild pokemon battles. That's what Pokemon is about.

3) Only being able to snag Shadow Pokemon is a nice concept, but they didn't use it to it's fullest extent. I think they could make it better by extending it to the Pokemon Advance and DS games.

4)They botched several animations, and overusesd some of them, even.

5) Mini-Games are missing. Nuff said.

6) They should have put Battle Tower or Gym Leader Castle in. It would have been nice to see it make a comeback.

That's all I have to say for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:43 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Teradyne wrote:
Pokemon Colosseum is good, but it could use some work.

1) Multiplayer is fine, but they need to re-add the Annoucer.

2) Story Mode needs to have wild pokemon battles. That's what Pokemon is about.

3) Only being able to snag Shadow Pokemon is a nice concept, but they didn't use it to it's fullest extent. I think they could make it better by extending it to the Pokemon Advance and DS games.

4)They botched several animations, and overusesd some of them, even.

5) Mini-Games are missing. Nuff said.

6) They should have put Battle Tower or Gym Leader Castle in. It would have been nice to see it make a comeback.

That's all I have to say for now.

Yeah, Battle Tower would have made it a lot better... Maybe contests... Contests are definitely my favorite part of RS, because they are by far the most replayable part of the games...

I forgot to mention the Strategy Memo. OH, THE STUPIDITY! Hey, who wants a cheaply made, pathetic excuse for a Pokedex? Besides that, nobody cares if you get every Pokemon in it, because if gives no short little descriptions of each Pokemon. Besides that, I just don't like it!

Post subject: Re: Pokemon Colosseum, anyone?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:15 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
Tested wrote:
Who here has Colosseum? I preordered it, so I have Jirachi... Not too strong, but nice bragging rights. I beat it pretty quickly, so if you're looking for a great story, I wouldn't suggest it. As far as Pokemon games go, it's pretty good, but no wild battles is a setback. Oh well, at least your starter Pokemon are great. And of course, RS Pokemon are transferable to this, so, from a fan, it gets a 4 out of 5.

I have Colosseum though I got have Jirachi via the UK verison of Pokemon Channel.

Pokemon Channel

The best thing I liked about Pokemon Channel is all Pokemon in that game say their Pokemon name insetad of making noices and I really wish that was all Pokemon games that were ever made had that feature.

The worst thing I hated about Pokemon Channel was it was it was too short and not enough places to go and you couldn't even take a visit to the Pokemon News Flash station(PNF) as the building does not exist in game.

The funiest thing that happened to me while playing Pokemon Channel was after saving my art picture on my memory card, the art on my Pokemon Channel save got corupted and so on Smeargle's Art Study it shows a blank canvas with no picture on it and the Smeargle liking the the blank canvas art. :lol:

The only reason I bought Pokemon Channel was to get Jirachi since in the UK verison of Pokemon Channel you can get the option download Jirachi to your Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire games once you complete Pokemon Channel.

Back on topic about Pokemon Colosseum

I haven't played Pokemon Colosseum much yet since I am more interested catching all the Pokemon that I can on Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I didn't get it yet, but I plan to once the prices are down. I'm happy with myself for making that decision since I read through this topic.

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:58 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

DiscordantNote wrote:
I didn't get it yet, but I plan to once the prices are down. I'm happy with myself for making that decision since I read through this topic.

at gamecrazy by me they got it used for like 37 bucks

Post subject: Colosseum
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:16 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Hey, if you don't like Pokemon, you can keep it to yourself. There are still fans out there, otherwise, it would have died back by now.
Anyways, I want it so I can get some more Pokemon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:24 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I have it and I love it. Fun,easy,no-thinking-sit-on-your-bum game. Graphics are cool.Very cool. I just wish the Legendary Birds were in it,they would look so so so SO cool in this graphic style.

And,um,yeah,people like Pokemon,okay? Think its lame or whatever if you want,just show some respect and let others like it.

Last edited by Kitten Medli on Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next