Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Guitar Hero Series
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:24 am 

Hey, anyone who plays this game, come and post! All are welcome :)

If you are beginning the game, or are more advanced, check out these links for some help!

ScoreHero ScoreHero offers help with the many aspects of Guitar Hero. You can learn how to make custom songs for your game, fix your controller, maximize your scores, tips on individual songs, and more. You can also compare your scores to over 100,000 other people :) The forums on ScoreHero do not have word filters, so there will be swearing

Guitar Hero Official Website This is the official website of the entire Guitar Hero series. They have all official news releases about the game, a lot of GH downloads, Ask RedOctane, and other things.

Last edited by Siouxper on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I hate it cause its nothing like playing guitar and it makes playing an electric guitar seem easy... which it is not. (Ive been playing for over a year)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:51 am 

Kyuubi wrote:
I hate it cause its nothing like playing guitar and it makes playing an electric guitar seem easy... which it is not. (Ive been playing for over a year)

Unfortunately, I hate to admit it, but I play it because it took me like 3 weeks to learn 1 chord on guitar, and I don't understand most of it. So, I can at least waste my time playing with an easy guitar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

siouxper wrote:
Kyuubi wrote:

Unfortunately, I hate to admit it, but I play it because it took me like 3 weeks to learn 1 chord on guitar, and I don't understand most of it. So, I can at least waste my time playing with an easy guitar.

That sucks xD Fortunetly, Im pretty gifted when it comes to instuments... and nothing else but being a klutz lol So its still not easy, but I learn fast. But for those who arent interested in acutually learning guitar, or suck at it, I guess its a good game. xP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:11 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

i find the game pritty fun

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:58 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I just recieved my ordered Guitar Hero II in the mail today and I played for three hours straight. My wrists are killing me, haha. Even though I suck at easy, it makes me feel cool when I'm playing it, lol.

[Previously Known As Zega]
The Game. You Just Lost It.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:15 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I have it (Guitar Hero 2), and since Christmas I been able to complete songs on Hard, but I'm not really that good. :P

Also, comparing it to real guitars is silly. It was never meant to take place of a real guitar.

CLICK IT!
Thanks to Laq. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:03 pm 

Kugetsu wrote:
I have it (Guitar Hero 2), and since Christmas I been able to complete songs on Hard, but I'm not really that good. :P

Also, comparing it to real guitars is silly. It was never meant to take place of a real guitar.

No, it probably wasn't. But I still have fun playing it, even knowing that I'll never be able to play a real one.

I got it for Christmas too and I am just going slow. I beat all of Easy with 5 stars so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:39 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: Outside on your boulevarde scaring small children. Um... or in Illinois.
I need to do easy mode (to get the guitars). I'm trying to get all 5 stars on medium, and then trying to get past Career on Hard

"Carry Me Home" and "Institutionalized" kill me as far as getting 5 stars go on medium. D: I think Hanger 18 does too, but I'm not quite sure.

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:29 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

We have Guitar Hero II, and my god its so awesome lol. I get really frustrated with it though cause I cant grasp the orange button yet. And then when it comes to going back to my real guitar I freak out cause I forget it doesn't have buttons lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I can't do hammer-ons and pull-offs, and they're extremely important once you get to Hard difficulty (and Expert). You get all of these notes bunched together, but I hammer-ons and pull-offs never work when I do them. >_>

CLICK IT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:46 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

OH GOD I LOVE THIS GAME.

Our family friends got Guitar Hero 2 for Christmas... I was playing for like 2 hours straight.

Expert absolutely killed me. I got pretty decent at medium, and a few hard songs, though.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:33 am 

Alex wrote:
OH GOD I LOVE THIS GAME.

Our family friends got Guitar Hero 2 for Christmas... I was playing for like 2 hours straight.

Expert absolutely killed me. I got pretty decent at medium, and a few hard songs, though.

I know, when I was first introduced to it in summer 2006, I couldn't stop. You just want to keep playing it until you beat that last song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:15 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I like to call these games 'DDR with a fretboard'. Because, when you think about it, that's what this is.

While I think it's cool that there's a popular game based on music out there, I still prefer my bass guitar. *snuggles it*

Yes, I'm still alive...still alive...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:07 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Kugetsu wrote:
I need to do easy mode (to get the guitars). I'm trying to get all 5 stars on medium, and then trying to get past Career on Hard

"Carry Me Home" and "Institutionalized" kill me as far as getting 5 stars go on medium. D: I think Hanger 18 does too, but I'm not quite sure.

I've had the game for about a week... Of the 40 main songs (not including the bonus tracks) the only one I can't get 5 stars on medium is also "Carry Me Home".. It's damn nigh impossible. 4 stars with a score of 107,000 is the best I've done.

And to anyone who claims "I'm not that good, I can't beat *all* the songs on hard".. don't worry about it-- my honest opinion is most players will never get good enough to ever pass career mode on hard. (I'm not there yet, I can only beat select songs on hard so far...)

Hard and Expert modes are for the elite select few ultimate gamers... which is why they made all the songs unlockable just by beating the game on Medium, because Red Octane knows most people will never do it on hard. (I do hope to eventually beat it on hard tho, with practice.)

I am especially proud of my 300,000 + score on Freebird on Medium tho :)

Also, there have been a lot of wrist injuries due to the game.. I watched a news article the other day-- one of Red Octane's staff said (this is paraphrased) "I know it's not really something our rocker clients want to hear, but everything in moderation-- if it hurts, take a break." Besides-- I find it I play a long session till it begins to hurt, then take a 24-48 hour break to let my wrist heal + strengthen-- next time I play I'm that much faster on the frets and strum... I basically beat the game on easy on one long session, took 2 days off, beat it on medium on the next long session, took 2 days off, then made it my goal to beat all 40 main songs with 5 stars on medium... got 39 of the 40.. :P. Now I'm on hiatus again to let my wrist recover.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next